Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$90.34
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Rocky: Heavyweight Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #1081

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
Actually, it will be worth recording if you want to have a good copy of this unique presentation of the story, with additional scenes that are interesting.
I have the blu-rays, and the Saga will likely never get an official home video release, so why not?
Jeez I'm seeing a lot of needless hate here for the extended Saga version. As I've mentioned before although I love the theatrical cuts I really do think the Saga version deserves an official Blu release.

Those who don't like it don't have to buy it.

Anyway - I'll try my best to check it out this weekend on AMC.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #1082
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

I just saw the commercial for the Godfather Saga. The commercial did indeed say it was completely restored and showed them in HD. If they went through and remastered the whole thing then that CERTAINLY is news. They would have had to remaster the deleted scenes as well and that's never been done. The Blu-ray set only had them edited from the Saga/Trilogy.

It's interesting that the Saga was always just the first two. Now they're showing all three.

I can't imagine they would have gone through this trouble only for AMC. I could see this getting a blu release.

Additionally, TOTALLY different intro to Godfather 3. It's got a newly produced montage of the first 2 films, intercut with outtakes of Michael sitting on the lawn from the end of 2. This proves they went back to the masters with the new footage. REALLY excited for a new release with more restored deleted scenes!!

Last edited by IndyMLVC; 03-02-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:00 AM   #1083

Apr 2009

Will The Godfather Part III ever get an individual Blu-Ray Release? I guess not since The Coppola Restoration Blu-Ray Set with all three films has gone down heavily in price.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:04 AM   #1084
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

My order was finally shipped today. I was waiting for a long time, but it didn't come.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:38 AM   #1085

Feb 2012
U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
My order was finally shipped today. I was waiting for a long time, but it didn't come.
Lucky. I'm still waiting for mine to ship. I've never seen these so I am getting really restless wanting the set to arrive. Ah, well. I try not to complain when I've gotten a great deal on something.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:44 AM   #1086

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
I just saw the commercial for the Godfather Saga. The commercial did indeed say it was completely restored and showed them in HD. If they went through and remastered the whole thing then that CERTAINLY is news. They would have had to remaster the deleted scenes as well and that's never been done. The Blu-ray set only had them edited from the Saga/Trilogy.

It's interesting that the Saga was always just the first two. Now they're showing all three.

I can't imagine they would have gone through this trouble only for AMC. I could see this getting a blu release.

Additionally, TOTALLY different intro to Godfather 3. It's got a newly produced montage of the first 2 films, intercut with outtakes of Michael sitting on the lawn from the end of 2. This proves they went back to the masters with the new footage. REALLY excited for a new release with more restored deleted scenes!!
The description on my cable system menu is that it's just parts I and II. I also read on the AMC blog that there are 75 minutes of deleted scenes, so if that is accurate it looks like this will be the original 434 minute version. It will probably sit on my DVR forever while I figure out a way to get it to my PC in HD. Or they could just release this version on blu ray. But that seems unlikely since Coppola hates it.
kakistocracy (kak·is·toc·ra·cy) [kak-uh-stok-ruh-see]
noun, plural: kak·is·toc·ra·cies.
Government by the worst persons; a form of government in which the worst persons are in power; government by the least qualified or most unprincipled citizens.
Origin: 1820–30; < Greek kákisto ( s ), superlative of kakós bad + -cracy

Today's Moment of Perspective: Watergate..............they bugged an office.

Last edited by Tom Servo; 03-03-2012 at 04:53 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:27 AM   #1087
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
The description on my cable system menu is that it's just parts I and II. I also read on the AMC blog that there are 75 minutes of deleted scenes, so if that is accurate it looks like this will be the original 434 minute version. It will probably sit on my DVR forever while I figure out a way to get it to my PC in HD. Or they could just release this version on blu ray. But that seems unlikely since Coppola hates it.
The commercial mentions Part III. Here's what was shown during the end credits of Part III last night:

http://vimeo.com/37843818
Old 03-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #1088
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Color me completely floored.

It *IS* the "Novel for Television. And it *IS* restored, albeit not much.

I can't imagine this won't hit blu sometime this year. They wouldn't have just restored it for this.

Regardless, I'm capturing it in HD.

Last edited by IndyMLVC; 03-03-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #1089
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
Color me completely floored.

It *IS* the "Novel for Television. And it *IS* restored, albeit not much.

I can't imagine this won't hit blu sometime this year. They wouldn't have just restored it for this.

Regardless, I'm capturing it in HD.
I don't think Part III will be included. It's just not possible as that cut was 9 hours and 43 minutes. There's no way AMC is only going to have 17 minutes of commercials. If they cared deeply about the trilogy, they'd show it commercial free.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #1090
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreaUnderTheCurve View Post
I don't think Part III will be included. It's just not possible as that cut was 9 hours and 43 minutes. There's no way AMC is only going to have 17 minutes of commercials. If they cared deeply about the trilogy, they'd show it commercial free.
No, I don't believe it will either. I think they just included clips in the commercial. This is the original version.

I'm just shocked that the time was paid to "restore" it. That's why I think we'll see it released on Blu one day.

I REALLY wish we'd see the deleted scenes from 3 as well. There are a TON of them, some of which are in the trailer.

Hell, I believe there are still a lot of deleted scenes from the original films as well. Is there a list of what still hasn't been seen?
Old 03-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #1091
Trading Moderator

Sep 2008
Оранге Цоунти, Ца

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler95 View Post
Will The Godfather Part III ever get an individual Blu-Ray Release? I guess not since The Coppola Restoration Blu-Ray Set with all three films has gone down heavily in price.
I was hoping Paramount would release it as part of the Sapphire Series. Don't look like that will ever happen
MMMMM!! I love the smell of brand new slipcovers!!!

Trade Forum

Collectibles and Limited Editions
Old 03-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #1092

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidef al View Post
I was hoping Paramount would release it as part of the Sapphire Series. Don't look like that will ever happen
I was gonna say I thought the Sapphire Series was only for their Best Picture winners, then I saw Saving Private Ryan was a part of it. So other than demand by a few fans (cause who honestly is gonna buy each film separate w/o bonus material?) there is no reason for them to. I can understand buying Part I and II on their own, but not Part III, especially for completists.
Favorite Movies: Rio Bravo, Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, The Big Lebowski, O Brother Where Art Thou?, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, Apocalypse Now, GoodFellas, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Bambi, The Adventures of Robin Hood, The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, Taxi Driver, North by Northwest, American Graffiti, Dazed and Confused, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Singin' in the Rain
Old 03-04-2012, 06:27 AM   #1093

Aug 2011

I was able to catch most of this and even with commercials and tv censoring it was fun to watch. (although that cut-off when Michael is talking to Kay and then the credits was awkward) I guess years back I saw a different version because I don't recall a division in parts being there? But I may be wrong.

Anyway - Here's hoping Paramount releases this or perhaps a new and more refined extended directors cut on blu at some point in the future.

I wont hold my breath for it, but the fact that it showed up restored in HD on AMC is a great sign.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #1094
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_rancor_keeper View Post
I was able to catch most of this and even with commercials and tv censoring it was fun to watch. (although that cut-off when Michael is talking to Kay and then the credits was awkward) I guess years back I saw a different version because I don't recall a division in parts being there? But I may be wrong.

Anyway - Here's hoping Paramount releases this or perhaps a new and more refined extended directors cut on blu at some point in the future.

I wont hold my breath for it, but the fact that it showed up restored in HD on AMC is a great sign.
Yup, this was a special over several nights. It was (and is) great. I loved the montages that began and ended every episode. And the fact that they actually restored the whole damn thing (including deleted scenes) is phenomenal. I capped the whole thing in HD.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:03 AM   #1095

Aug 2011

Nice!

At the very least maybe a fan-editor will be so kind as to put together an extended cut making use of the HD deleted scenes.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:24 AM   #1096

Jun 2011

If they released the Saga version on Blu I'd buy it. It's interesting to see the deleted scenes cut into it.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:49 AM   #1097
Power Member

Aug 2009
Default Packaging

Mine arrived today from Amazon & it was damaged. Not by the shipping but, by whoever assembled the pieces b4 shrink wrap! Highly unusual. The over-large booklet was torn 3 inches & one corner was bent down & held down by that glue like putty material used to adhere the booklet to the back of the slip cover.

I'm exchanging it but wanted to comment on the decision to make a booklet that will not fit inside the slip cover. Normally when something is putty-glued to the back of the slip, I remove it & remove the glue putty & put the item inside the slip.

What are you people doing with that booklet? Leaving it glued to the back & flapping open? I doubt it. Shelving it next to the slip where it can be damaged by removing & replacing adjacent movies? Kind of annoying, IMO.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:43 AM   #1098
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
I'm exchanging it but wanted to comment on the decision to make a booklet that will not fit inside the slip cover. Normally when something is putty-glued to the back of the slip, I remove it & remove the glue putty & put the item inside the slip.

What are you people doing with that booklet? Leaving it glued to the back & flapping open? I doubt it. Shelving it next to the slip where it can be damaged by removing & replacing adjacent movies? Kind of annoying, IMO.
Mine fits.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #1099

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
Mine arrived today from Amazon & it was damaged. Not by the shipping but, by whoever assembled the pieces b4 shrink wrap! Highly unusual. The over-large booklet was torn 3 inches & one corner was bent down & held down by that glue like putty material used to adhere the booklet to the back of the slip cover.

yeah its annoying. mine is just sitting next to the set for now. im probably going to toss it eventually. dumb design.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #1100
Power Member

Feb 2011
Tempe, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreaUnderTheCurve View Post
Mine fits.
Mine fits as well. I don't understand how people are having trouble with theirs. Are some people's slipcovers slightly thinner or a bit too short? Mine fits perfectly.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America