Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Forbidden Kingdom (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Of Human Bondage (Blu-ray)
$14.78
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Electronics Deals

Old 02-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #21

Sep 2011
New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianv View Post
This is steal price. Would these speakers work and sound good with the speakers I have?
I have polk audio tsi-200's as my fronts with an overall frequency of 43-25KHz & 89 db and my center is polk audio CS2 with an overall frequency of 48-25kHz & 91 db
Since you have your front channels accounted for already I assume you mean for rears or surrounds? If so then I suspect they would do just fine (depending upon the size of your room, of course). You won't be able to cross them below 80Hz though, so your other channels will go lower than the NXG's can. But most AVR's can accommodate that situation, so it may not be an issue for you.

Timber matching is not really an issue with the surrounds and rears because they're used for ambience and effects more than anything else. The finish on these things is beautiful, and they sound very nice, certainly better than any $25 speaker has a right to sound. I'm quite pleased with them.
- Jim
Old 02-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #22

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJman View Post
Since you have your front channels accounted for already I assume you mean for rears or surrounds? If so then I suspect they would do just fine (depending upon the size of your room, of course). You won't be able to cross them below 80Hz though, so your other channels will go lower than the NXG's can. But most AVR's can accommodate that situation, so it may not be an issue for you.

Timber matching is not really an issue with the surrounds and rears because they're used for ambience and effects more than anything else. The finish on these things is beautiful, and they sound very nice, certainly better than any $25 speaker has a right to sound. I'm quite pleased with them.
Sorry about that i should have been a little more. yea I've been trying to find surround/rear speakers for 7.1 system, i have pioneer vsx-1021k receiver. My room is fairly large (enough to have a queen size bed, large couch and 7 foot long cage to fit in lol)

But yea i've been trying figuring out if surround/ rear speakers need to match up with my front speaker. Are these small or descent size speakers? compare to bookshelf, they look really good and im thinking about grabbing these before the price goes up but im trying to find more details and info about these.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #23

Sep 2011
New Joisey

Quote:
But yea i've been trying figuring out if surround/ rear speakers need to match up with my front speaker. Are these small or descent size speakers? compare to bookshelf, they look really good and im thinking about grabbing these before the price goes up but im trying to find more details and info about these.
By my standards they would classify as small. The manufacturers website is here.

Details for NXG speakers are few and far between. I'm not entire sure why, but it may have something to do with the fact that most of their speakers are designed for in-wall mounting. If my experience with these is any indication they make a nice product.
- Jim
Old 03-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #24
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
The empire state (NYC)

Is it $25 each or $25 a pair?
Old 03-01-2012, 11:49 PM   #25
Power Member

Oct 2007
South Dakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman1977 View Post
Product Description

4" Injection-molded metallic anodized woofer with rubber surround
1" ultra-wide dispersion metallic anodized dome tweeter
Vented 2-way high-gloss, high-density designed enclosure
Includes threaded insert for wall brackets
Sold individually

Plus there is shipping cost of ~$12.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:59 PM   #26

Sep 2011
New Joisey

Quote:
The total, with shipping, came out to $67 per pair when I bought them. Personally I think they're worth every penny of it.
- Jim
Old 03-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #27
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Miami, FL
Send a message via AIM to JJ Send a message via Yahoo to JJ Send a message via Skype™ to JJ

Upstairs room rears? They haven't sold out yet? Man.
- Orbis non Sufficit
================

Sonus Faber Venere - Epik Empire
Panasonic 65ZT60 - Emotiva XPA-3
Pioneer Elite VSX-03 - Pioneer Elite DV-48 - Sony S790
Old 03-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #28

Sep 2011

Ordered 5 of these for $158.44 shipped on Wednesday night and they are scheduled to be delivered Monday
Old 03-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #29

Sep 2011
New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP360 View Post
Ordered 5 of these for $158.44 shipped on Wednesday night and they are scheduled to be delivered Monday
Congrats. So I take it one of them will be your center then?

Let me know what you think about them. In my case they took quite a while to come into their own; it was a good 20 hours before they opened up entirely. Now the sound is clear and detailed.
- Jim
Old 03-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #30

Sep 2011

Quote:
Congrats. So I take it one of them will be your center then?

Let me know what you think about them. In my case they took quite a while to come into their own; it was a good 20 hours before they opened up entirely. Now the sound is clear and detailed.
Actually I plan on using them in my garage which is 26' x 42' but yes one will technically be the used in the center (1 in each corner and one up in the center rafters) but may buy another set of 5 to wire up my living room to have the ability to play music in there. The den/HT room in the house is where I watch movies, etc.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #31

Sep 2011
New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP360 View Post
Actually I plan on using them in my garage which is 26' x 42' but yes one will technically be the used in the center (1 in each corner and one up in the center rafters) but may buy another set of 5 to wire up my living room to have the ability to play music in there. The den/HT room in the house is where I watch movies, etc.
You're going to use these gorgeous piano black speakers in a garage? That's heresy!

That's almost 1100 square feet - I don't even want to know how many cubic feet it is. Pretty sizable space for a bunch of little speakers. Do you have something in there now?
- Jim
Old 03-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #32

Sep 2011

Quote:
You're going to use these gorgeous piano black speakers in a garage? That's heresy!

That's almost 1100 square feet - I don't even want to know how many cubic feet it is. Pretty sizable space for a bunch of little speakers. Do you have something in there now?
Yes i know they are too good of speakers to be in the garage but at this price how can I not. All I have now is a $50 bookshelf system for one end of the garage. I have a 5-year old pioneer 5.1 receiver sitting around that I will hook these up to. I just want something better to listen too while working on and detailing the cars.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #33
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
The empire state (NYC)

Is the hole in the back of the speaker for a nail to go through it so it can be hung on the wall?
Old 03-05-2012, 01:09 AM   #34

Sep 2011
New Joisey

Quote:
Is the hole in the back of the speaker for a nail to go through it so it can be hung on the wall?
It's a threaded insert, so you can hang it from a bracket or attach it to a stand. I wouldn't advise just dangling it from a nail - not sure that's going to be secure enough.
- Jim
Old 03-05-2012, 02:09 AM   #35
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
The empire state (NYC)

Quote:
It's a threaded insert, so you can hang it from a bracket or attach it to a stand. I wouldn't advise just dangling it from a nail - not sure that's going to be secure enough.
I might have to get a shelf of some sort then.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #36

Jan 2012

Quote:
Could you possibly wall mount it with a speaker bracket?
Old 03-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #37

Sep 2011
New Joisey

Quote:
Could you possibly wall mount it with a speaker bracket?
I don't see why not. It certainly appears as though that's what they had intended, so I imagine it should work fine.
- Jim
Old 04-15-2012, 12:29 AM   #38
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Connecticut

Thinking about getting these next week
Got my first Blu-ray on September 28th 2011!
100 Blu-ray's on 2/10/13

PS4 tag= Subaru1324
Old 04-15-2012, 02:31 AM   #39

Sep 2011
New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCL View Post
Thinking about getting these next week
If you do buy some be sure to report back with your impressions of them. If you want to get the matching center too you can pick that up here or here.
- Jim
Old 04-15-2012, 04:15 AM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Connecticut

Yeah sure thing
Got my first Blu-ray on September 28th 2011!
100 Blu-ray's on 2/10/13

PS4 tag= Subaru1324
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Electronics Deals