Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rain Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99

X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$57.99
14 min ago
You Only Live Twice (Blu-ray)
$3.99
4 hrs ago
The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Son of Batman (Blu-ray)
$8.00
5 hrs ago
A Good Day to Die Hard (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 03-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #12121
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Montreal

Steelbook 001.jpg
Old 03-03-2012, 02:21 AM   #12122

Feb 2012
The Burbs,IL

Thanks Shanester, nice additions
Old 03-03-2012, 02:57 AM   #12123

Feb 2012
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanester View Post
[Show spoiler]Attachment 44660
Where is the Bitc* Slap steelbook from?
Walk down the right back alley in Sin City, and you can find anything.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:27 AM   #12124

Aug 2009
San Francisco, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdDave View Post
Where is the Bitc* Slap steelbook from?
I think it's from Italy.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:25 AM   #12125
Power Member

Jan 2008
AUSTRALIA

Amazon.ca are absolutely useless when it comes to packing steelbooks they ave done the exact same thing to me a couple of times now, never ordered from them again!

anyways, heres my latest thanks to a friend in Canada!

"It changed colours, like the chameleon, it uses the jungle"
Old 03-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #12126
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yautja View Post
Amazon.ca are absolutely useless when it comes to packing steelbooks...
You're probably right. The one time I ordered from Amazon Canada I got a couple of SteelBooks in this box:

On the positive side, it took about 3 days to get from Canada to The Netherlands.
And I've put in an order at Canada US like 2-3 weeks ago, and there's still nothing...

Those SteelBooks were perfectly fine though, they had those airbags around them.
But on the other side, of the pond actually, Amazon UK even has these special cardboard boxes that specifically hold cases in a kind of "cage".
The structure is specifically made to suspend a case in the center of the packaging.
I guess they just had many complaints about damaged items, and probably SteelBooks in specific.
So, a good initiative of them to create special packaging-material that's about the same as before, only more protective.
"Many great films fail and many shitty movies make a lot of money." - John Landis

BD Wishlist: - Prince of Egypt - Hunchback of Notre Dame - Beverly Hills Cop - Bowfinger - Multiplicity - One Hour Photo - Series: - Over There - Flashpoint - Monk - Friends - My Name Is Earl - Music: - Maiden Rock In Rio - MetallicA S&M - Godsmack Changes - Ramms+ein Berlin - SlipKnoT Disasterpieces - Ozzy At Budokan - Satriani SF
Old 03-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #12127
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
I think it's from Italy.
That's correct
Old 03-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #12128
Power Member

Jan 2008
AUSTRALIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc. View Post
You're probably right. The one time I ordered from Amazon Canada I got a couple of SteelBooks in this box:

they are fast alright thats for sure & DHL doesn't help either, when I saw your picture it reminded me of this
Old 03-04-2012, 12:04 AM   #12129
Expert Member

Sep 2007
Christchurch, New Zealand

Blu-ray Titles (682) includes - SteelBooks [243] 3D Movies [48] Digibooks (41) Viva Metal Box (18)
Old 03-04-2012, 05:07 AM   #12130
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

Thanks for Warrior G:Box!

One of the best-looking steelbooks in my collection:

Old 03-04-2012, 06:51 AM   #12131
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
The Netherlands

Quote:
they are fast alright thats for sure & DHL doesn't help either, when I saw your picture it reminded me of this
Ace Ventura Delivery Scene - YouTube
LMAO Yeah, someone else around here also said that. XD

Makes a good custom box-set packaging for 'Ace Ventura' I guess. lol
Delivered by Mr. Carrey himself! XD

Man, just seeing just one scene like that, the film-crew must have had sóme kind of laughter-prevention to be able to work.

One thing I still don't get though, and I don't know if I mentioned this in this very thread, is that I chose the "slowest" (and thus cheapest) option,
which they estimated at 30-40 WEEKS.
Yet it arrived in just a couple of days, which I would have paid a ridiculous amount for, when you pick like the "courier"-option.
Kind of seems like they put my package into one of the quicker treatments by mistake, if that's even possible.

Well, I'm not complaining, just wondering why nothing makes sense. When I was even worried it would take a really long time to get here.
And now the order from the US is taking really long, which also doesn't make sense. Unless it first has to travel through half of the US or something...
But I bet they're on the East-Coast right?... Reading sometimes they come from their "Jersey"-department and all...
"Many great films fail and many shitty movies make a lot of money." - John Landis

BD Wishlist: - Prince of Egypt - Hunchback of Notre Dame - Beverly Hills Cop - Bowfinger - Multiplicity - One Hour Photo - Series: - Over There - Flashpoint - Monk - Friends - My Name Is Earl - Music: - Maiden Rock In Rio - MetallicA S&M - Godsmack Changes - Ramms+ein Berlin - SlipKnoT Disasterpieces - Ozzy At Budokan - Satriani SF

Last edited by Damage Inc.; 03-04-2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #12132

Jan 2009
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmondc View Post

[Show spoiler]Just six so far. More to come very soon.

In Time UK

The Thing FR

Drive FR

The Expendables GER (1st Edition)

The Expendables GER (Directors Cut)

Wanted GER (1st Edition)

Now after the really big boys.

Very nice haul
Old 03-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #12133

Oct 2008
Los Angeles, California

Quote:

On the positive side, it took about 3 days to get from Canada to The Netherlands.
And I've put in an order at Canada US like 2-3 weeks ago, and there's still nothing...

Those SteelBooks were perfectly fine though, they had those airbags around them.
But on the other side, of the pond actually, Amazon UK even has these special cardboard boxes that specifically hold cases in a kind of "cage".
The structure is specifically made to suspend a case in the center of the packaging.
I guess they just had many complaints about damaged items, and probably SteelBooks in specific.
So, a good initiative of them to create special packaging-material that's about the same as before, only more protective.
I Concur with this. just got one in from Germany and came in great condition in its special designed box. the box even says "special steelbook package"
Old 03-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #12134

Oct 2008
Los Angeles, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
Thanks for Warrior G:Box!

One of the best-looking steelbooks in my collection:

Yeah i just got The Thing one yesterday. looks pretty good. But i didnt like that i cant use the digital copy. And i have the US version, but was goin to return it because just received the Steelbook.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #12135
Power Member

Jan 2008
AUSTRALIA

Quote:
LMAO Yeah, someone else around here also said that. XD

Makes a good custom box-set packaging for 'Ace Ventura' I guess. lol
Delivered by Mr. Carrey himself! XD

Man, just seeing just one scene like that, the film-crew must have had sóme kind of laughter-prevention to be able to work.

One thing I still don't get though, and I don't know if I mentioned this in this very thread, is that I chose the "slowest" (and thus cheapest) option,
which they estimated at 30-40 WEEKS.
Yet it arrived in just a couple of days, which I would have paid a ridiculous amount for, when you pick like the "courier"-option.
Kind of seems like they put my package into one of the quicker treatments by mistake, if that's even possible.

Well, I'm not complaining, just wondering why nothing makes sense. When I was even worried it would take a really long time to get here.
And now the order from the US is taking really long, which also doesn't make sense. Unless it first has to travel through half of the US or something...
But I bet they're on the East-Coast right?... Reading sometimes they come from their "Jersey"-department and all...
They seem to be focusing on the delivery of the speed & not putting enough emphasis on the quality of the actual delivery or how they are arriving to the customers hands!
surely this is a very big expense for them as many of us will simply return the steelbooks or complain in which case they will let you keep the steels & send you new ones yet they don't seem to get the message or care about the many customer complaints.
it amazes me to think Amazon France & United Kingdom have learned their lesson & now are posting steelbooks packaged into bubble wrap bags & then put into boxes yet Amazon Canada isn't doing the same thing, wonder why?
I hate DHL these guys treat packages like crap & thats one reason I havent ordered from Amazon Canada in a very long time & based on what I have seen & after all this time it's still going on!!!
Jim Carrey really nailed that scene & **** it made me laugh when I first saw it
For now I am only ordering from the UK & France, I have received a nmber of parcels from them & I have left them good feedback each time, I hope they continue to provide this level of High Quality service
Old 03-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #12136
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac136187 View Post
I Concur with this. just got one in from Germany and came in great condition in its special designed box. the box even says "special steelbook package"
Yes, that's the one I meant. I got it for the first time with the 'The Hurt Locker'-SteelBook from the UK.

Quote:
They seem to be focusing on the delivery of the speed & not putting enough emphasis on the quality of the actual delivery or how they are arriving to the customers hands!
surely this is a very big expense for them as many of us will simply return the steelbooks or complain in which case they will let you keep the steels & send you new ones yet they don't seem to get the message or care about the many customer complaints.
it amazes me to think Amazon France & United Kingdom have learned their lesson & now are posting steelbooks packaged into bubble wrap bags & then put into boxes yet Amazon Canada isn't doing the same thing, wonder why?
I hate DHL these guys treat packages like crap & thats one reason I havent ordered from Amazon Canada in a very long time & based on what I have seen & after all this time it's still going on!!!
It seems like they just don't communicate or something.
I don't get why they don't just do it like other Amazon-locations and prevent returns and complaints.

I didn't have much to complain about, because, well, it's the delivery-company who made the package look like this.
Although, I have to be honest, I think they do take good care of it inside The Netherlands here.
At least the people who come at the door always seem in a genuinely good mood and careful with everything they handle.
But also, it was padded with air-bags thrown into the box, even if not very neat. But the items were still in perfect condition, so it helped.
There was no way, unless the package was just crushed under something REALLY heavy, it could have damaged the SteelBooks.

But yeah, I agree, they should just put their items into more and better packaging.
They the SteelBook-packaging as mentioned before. Saves a lot of hassle in damages and then returns, complaints and costs.

Last edited by Damage Inc.; 03-04-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #12137

Jul 2009
Finland, Scandinavia Steelbook BDs: 401

Please stay in topic and post pictures...

#300 BD SteelBook Cowboys & Aliens
#301 BD SteelBook Super 8

#302 BD SteelBook Hangover 2
#303 BD SteelBook Smurfs 3D

#304 BD SteelBook Drive

#305 BD SteelBook ***** Slap
#306 BD SteelBook In Time

#75 PS3 SteelBook Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
#307 BD SteelBook The Thing
Old 03-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #12138

Feb 2011
France