Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.96
13 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96

The Beyond (Blu-ray)
$24.99
10 hrs ago
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99

22 Jump Street (Blu-ray)
$14.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 03-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #321

Feb 2012
Virginia

I would love to see these animated films on Blu-ray, even if they aren't the most popular.

Happily Ever After (1993)
Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland (1989)
The Nutcracker Prince (1990)
Once Upon a Forest (1993)
"Ladies don't start fights, but they can finish them!" - The Aristocats
Old 03-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #322

Jul 2011
NJ

Just going by what is available on amazon...

Mostly movies that I grew up with:

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
The Bad News Bears (original)
Little Big League
Rookie of the Year
The Karate Kid Collection (They have 1 and 2)
The Mighty Ducks/D2/D3
Heavyweights
Blank Check
The Big Green
Richie Rich
Angels in the Outfield
First Kid

Also:
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Ghostbusters 2
Love and Basketball
White Men Can't Jump
He Got Game
Finding Forrester
Jersey Girl
Mallrats
BASEketball
Hot Shots!
Beverly Hills Cop Collection
Arrested Development: The Complete Series
Weird Science
Fallen
The Legend of Bagger Vance
Audrey Hepburn Collection
Smallville Complete Series
Alias Complete Collection
The Hurricane
Charlie Wilson's War
Vegas Vacation
Old 03-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #323
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008
Dantooine, I am on Dantooine.

Alias: Season 2 disc #4

That's all I ask for today.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #324

Oct 2011
Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenostalgia23 View Post
YES YES YES YES YES.
That seriously needs a Blu-ray release. I'm not even Jewish or Christian, but it's still one of my favorite animated films. I guess Dreamworks wants to pretend that they never maid films with ink and paper...
Hopefully, with all this talk about new biblical films(mostly Noah, who isn't Moses... but still) it'll make Dreamworks consider releasing it unto Blu-ray.
That as well as "Spirit". What is it with Dreamworks?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #325
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronw View Post
That as well as "Spirit". What is it with Dreamworks?
Yeah, I also kinda don't like DreamWorks for copying the (computer-)animated family movies idea.
One of the most shameless ones was 'Ants', I believe not very long after 'A Bug's Life'.
At the time it confused the heck out of me, but not much later it became clear to me that the company was trying to copy Pixar's success.

I see now that 'Antz' was actually released a month earlier, so they were produced quite parallel.
Wow, that's one way to have a competition. "So you make an animated film about ants, and we will make one as well,
we'll release it at about the same time and see which is better." lol

And, again, wow, here's an interesting piece of trivia about the two movies, even involving 'The Prince of Egypt':

[Show spoiler]"Antz is notable for being part of the Disney-DreamWorks feud (along with Finding Nemo, Shark Tale and The Wild-Madagascar) The movie was released a little more than a month before Pixar's A Bug's Life. Though the general public tends to say they are similar in many ways, often claiming one ripped-off the other, the only true commonality they have is that they both include a worker ant falling in love with a princess ant.[original research?]

Jeffrey Katzenberg left Disney in 1994 to form DreamWorks. According to Katzenberg, the idea for Antz came from a 1991 story pitch by Tim Johnson that was related to Katzenberg in October 1994.[3] However, Disney had been working on developing an ant movie since 1988.[4]

Pixar head John Lasseter pitched A Bug's Life the day Katzenberg left Disney in August 1994, and said he felt "betrayed" when he learned Antz was scheduled for release before A Bug's Life.[4] According to Lasseter and Steve Jobs, Katzenberg offered to stop development of Antz if Disney moved the release date of A Bug's Life, which was coming out opposite DreamWorks' The Prince of Egypt. Pixar refused,[4] resulting the release of the film being moved up from March 1999 to October 1998 in response.[3][5] Even though A Bug's Life was the first to be pitched, Antz was finished and released first.[3]"

Looks like they kind of had the same origin, but got split into two parallel futures.
Guess it would be an example of what two studios would do with the same idea.
"Many great films fail and many shitty movies make a lot of money." - John Landis

BD Wishlist: - Prince of Egypt - Hunchback of Notre Dame - Beverly Hills Cop - Bowfinger - Multiplicity - One Hour Photo - Series: - Over There - Flashpoint - Monk - Friends - My Name Is Earl - Music: - Maiden Rock In Rio - MetallicA S&M - Godsmack Changes - Ramms+ein Berlin - SlipKnoT Disasterpieces - Ozzy At Budokan - Satriani SF

Last edited by Damage Inc.; 03-06-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #326

Nov 2009
Jacksonville, FL.

i would love to see on blu ray

The Big Red One
The Replacements - Falco Falco Falco
Battleground
Gear: Lg47LW5300 3DTV, Sony BDP-S780 3D Blu Ray. Yamaha RX-V365 receiver w/ speakers and sub, XBOX 360 W/Kinect
Old 03-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #327

Jan 2012
Send a message via Skype™ to BluDisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc. View Post
Yeah, I also kinda don't like DreamWorks for copying the (computer-)animated family movies idea.
One of the most shameless ones was 'Ants', I believe not very long after 'A Bug's Life'.
At the time it confused the heck out of me, but not much later it became clear to me that the company was trying to copy Pixar's success.

I see now that 'Antz' was actually released a month earlier, so they were produced quite parallel.
Wow, that's one way to have a competition. "So you make an animated film about ants, and we will make one as well,
we'll release it at about the same time and see which is better." lol

And, again, wow, here's an interesting piece of trivia about the two movies, even involving 'The Prince of Egypt':

[Show spoiler]"Antz is notable for being part of the Disney-DreamWorks feud (along with Finding Nemo, Shark Tale and The Wild-Madagascar) The movie was released a little more than a month before Pixar's A Bug's Life. Though the general public tends to say they are similar in many ways, often claiming one ripped-off the other, the only true commonality they have is that they both include a worker ant falling in love with a princess ant.[original research?]

Jeffrey Katzenberg left Disney in 1994 to form DreamWorks. According to Katzenberg, the idea for Antz came from a 1991 story pitch by Tim Johnson that was related to Katzenberg in October 1994.[3] However, Disney had been working on developing an ant movie since 1988.[4]

Pixar head John Lasseter pitched A Bug's Life the day Katzenberg left Disney in August 1994, and said he felt "betrayed" when he learned Antz was scheduled for release before A Bug's Life.[4] According to Lasseter and Steve Jobs, Katzenberg offered to stop development of Antz if Disney moved the release date of A Bug's Life, which was coming out opposite DreamWorks' The Prince of Egypt. Pixar refused,[4] resulting the release of the film being moved up from March 1999 to October 1998 in response.[3][5] Even though A Bug's Life was the first to be pitched, Antz was finished and released first.[3]"

Looks like they kind of had the same origin, but got split into two parallel futures.
Guess it would be an example of what two studios would do with the same idea.
Looking back, I honestly think A Bug's Life was better, but Antz wasn't half bad.
If there is one movie that needs a blu-ray re-release, it's The Plague Dogs, uncut. As for Charlie Wilson's War, interesting how a movie about a Texas congressman only gets released in foreign countries.
Also, I found this video of Brave little toaster and i think it looks like it's better quality than the US dvd release. I'm not sure if this was even released on DVD over there. If it was it certainly looks like they spent more time touching up the quality in this release.
NOW you're John Hammond.

Last edited by BluDisc; 03-07-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #328
Power Member

Oct 2007
Dunsfold

The Bounty - Starring (check out the cast) Mel Gibson, Anthony Hopkins, Liam Neeson, Daniel Day-Lews, Laurence Olivier, Bernard Hill and more. Scanbox Entertainment have just released the film again in the UK with a new transfer on DVD and with the special features of the Sanctuary release, but still no sign of a BD of this fine historical drama.
Samsung 3D F6800 40". PS4. 80 Gig PS3. Technika BRSS10 multi-region BD player.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #329

Apr 2009
Smile

Yep still waiting for
STREETS OF FIRE
Looks like i'll be waiting for a long time for this one.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #330
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildWhelk View Post
The Bounty - Starring (check out the cast) Mel Gibson, Anthony Hopkins, Liam Neeson, Daniel Day-Lews, Laurence Olivier, Bernard Hill and more. Scanbox Entertainment have just released the film again in the UK with a new transfer on DVD and with the special features of the Sanctuary release, but still no sign of a BD of this fine historical drama.
That makes absolutely no sense. They go through the trouble of a new transfer and don't put it on BD.
Oh well, maybe that will have created the possibility to use the new scan to put to Blu-ray?...
Especially if they'll make money off the new DVD, it might finance them for a Blu-ray-release better.
"Many great films fail and many shitty movies make a lot of money." - John Landis

BD Wishlist: - Prince of Egypt - Hunchback of Notre Dame - Beverly Hills Cop - Bowfinger - Multiplicity - One Hour Photo - Series: - Over There - Flashpoint - Monk - Friends - My Name Is Earl - Music: - Maiden Rock In Rio - MetallicA S&M - Godsmack Changes - Ramms+ein Berlin - SlipKnoT Disasterpieces - Ozzy At Budokan - Satriani SF
Old 03-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #331

Jan 2012
Send a message via Skype™ to BluDisc
Kind of like how Mac And Me was re-released on DVD in 2010, but they didn't give it a blu-ray release. Same story with Gremlins 2 and The Plague Dogs, oddly enough in the same year.
NOW you're John Hammond.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #332
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008

Up until yesterday, I would have said Disclosure.

Upon first viewing, I would recommend the disc to anyone who would have put this movie on their list here.

Great picture...great audio. Lot's of laughs with this giant digital readout cell phone with the antenna.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #333
Power Member

Aug 2008
The Southland

3000 Miles to Graceland
The Abyss
Alive
Always
At Close Range
Bad Boys II
Bat 21
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Best of the Best 1 & 2
Beverly Hills Cop II
Bird on a Wire
Blade Trilogy
Blind Date
Blown Away
Boiler Room
Breakdown
A Bronx Tale
Cadence
Catch Me if You Can
The Client
Code of Silence
The Cooler
"Crocodile" Dundee Trilogy
Dangerous Minds
Death Wish Series
Disney Pixar's Finding Nemo
Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story
Escape from Alcatraz
F/X 1 & 2
The Fog (1979)
Foul Play
From the Earth to the Moon: The Complete Series
The Game
Glengarry Glen Ross
The Great Escape
High Plains Drifter
Hoffa
Hudson Hawk
Internal Affairs
Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair
The King of Comedy
The Last Castle
The Last Rites of Joe May
The Limey
Lone Wolf Mcquade
Meanstreets
Meatballs
Medicine Man
Memphis Belle
Midnight Run
Mobsters
Narc
New Jack City
Nighthawks
No Way Out
Nobody's Fool
The Odd Couple I & II
An Officer and a Gentleman
Open Range
The Outsiders
Panic Room
Philadelphia
Play Misty for Me
The Presidio
Private Parts
Psycho II & III
Pump Up The Volume
Quick Change
Rapid Fire
Red Dawn
Relentless
Revenge of the Nerds
Runaway Train
Running Scared
Rush Hour 2
Showdown in Little Toyko
Silver Streak
A Simple Plan
Sneakers
Stakeout
Star Trek: The Animated Series
Talk Radio
Tequila Sunrise
Thief
Wargames
White Squall
Wisdom
Young Guns II
Old 03-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #334

May 2010
Canada

Sorry, but John Carpenter's the Fog is available on Blu-ray as an import from
Optimum.
and I also forgot, Nighthawks is available as a Blu-ray from Germany, and
They Live is also available as an import as well.

Last edited by Roy_Batty; 03-07-2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: new info and spelling
Old 03-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #335

Aug 2008

Catalog titles without a release date I'd really like to see on BD:

Lawrence of Arabia
The Great Escape
The Sting
Vertigo,Rear Window,Dial M For Murder,Rope (and most of Hitchcock's other films post 1940)
Sleuth (1972)
The Abyss
Empire of the Sun
In the Name of the Father
The School of Rock
The Last Valley

Das Boot (the complete miniseries)

And re-releases of Animal House, The Longest Day, and Jurassic Park without digital "enhancements".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guydowood View Post
Meanstreets
If your willing to import it from France it is out there.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Mean-S...Blu-ray/20091/

Which begs the question, why is a movie from one of the greatest AMERICAN directors of all time only available in France?!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #336
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul View Post
If your willing to import it from France it is out there.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Mean-S...Blu-ray/20091/

Which begs the question, why is a movie from one of the greatest AMERICAN directors of all time only available in France?!
I just think that some studios in different countries just go ahead and release a new title because they think it's a good decision.
I mean, there are also titles only available in the UK for example.
And there are also titles available in different countries, but released at very different times in different transfers.
So I guess it just depends on each company, having their own releases without being dependent on the home-country or original studio or anything.
That's what it seems like to me anyway.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #337
Special Member

Nov 2007
Minnesota

Midnight Run
Old 03-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #338

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc. View Post
I just think that some studios in different countries just go ahead and release a new title because they think it's a good decision.
I mean, there are also titles only available in the UK for example.
And there are also titles available in different countries, but released at very different times in different transfers.
So I guess it just depends on each company, having their own releases without being dependent on the home-country or original studio or anything.
That's what it seems like to me anyway.
I said that more out of exasperation than making any logical sense.

Actually, I think in this case, and many others where an American movie is not available in the US but is in other countries, is because a different company has distribution rights internationally. From the bd.com article "Mean Streets arrives on Blu-ray courtesy of French distributors Carlotta Films." The movie was made by Warner Bros so I assume Time Warner co has domestic distribution rights. And they must feel it just isn't worth the bother... even though there's an HD master already done and ready to go.

For many titles that aren't available in the US, its because they aren't American movies and no one here thinks it worthwhile of a US release. IE Zulu, or The Lady Vanishes which are British movies and aren't available in the USA.

Last edited by lobosrul; 03-07-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #339
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008

Un-edited Terrified with Heather Graham.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #340
Special Member

Jan 2011
chicago, il

off the top of my head
Orgazmo, Baseketball, 8mm...Plus many more just the first ones that popped in my head.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists