Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Planes (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Kid Cannabis (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Brother Bear / Brother Bear 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Angry Birds Toons: Season One - Volume Two (Blu-ray)
$12.96
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Vinyl (Blu-ray)
$13.98
Old 03-10-2012, 01:17 AM   #4261
Moviefan1203 Moviefan1203 is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Moviefan1203's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
82
6
42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
If the life of a kid is at stake? Yes, damn right if the situation called for it. And I wouldn't feel bad about it either.
I like you Chad, but you and I couldn't be in the same camp if this every happened.

You have the survive mentality, and I have the 'what is the right thing to do' mentality.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:48 AM   #4262
Elandyll Elandyll is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Elandyll's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
AZ
188
27
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
If the life of a kid is at stake? Yes, damn right if the situation called for it. And I wouldn't feel bad about it either.
And this is exactly why you wouldn't make it in a survival situation
The kid is just an excuse for you (like for Shane). It's just about survival at all cost, and if you have to step over a few heads for it, so be it.

People would figure out that you're out for your own sake, and either let you rot somewhere or "take you out" for the good of the group

Strength in numbers of - valuable (as in, there for he group) people.
__________________________________________

Time is the School in Which We Learn
Time is the Fire in Which We Burn

Delmore Schwartz (1913-1966)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:56 AM   #4263
SquidPuppet SquidPuppet is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
SquidPuppet's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Club Loop
273
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post

People would figure out that you're out for your own sake, and either let you rot somewhere or "take you out" for the good of the group .
True. Thats what I hated (because it was fake as hell) about The Hurt Locker. That guy would have disappeared ASAP after the first couple of cowboy moves he made. No crew is going to put up with that wreckless endangering stuff.
Because Calamari Marionette Ph.D sounded pompous, that's why.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #4264
Bageara Bageara is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Bageara's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Newcastle UK PSN:Bageara
135
30
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
lol Chad is the Shane of a real world apocalypse.
Yeah I can see that. Chad would be a bad guy in a zombie apocalypse I think. Probably something like those guys Rick shot at the bar who go around taking what they want


Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMP View Post
After Rick admitted he would have done the samething in the Otis case, I thought for sure, Rick wasn't your guy anymore.
Rick admitted no such thing. Also, all Rick was told was it was a survival thing but Shanes recent behavior and the spoiler that was posted last week about what Shane is going to do in the season finale I now have no doubt in my that Shane killing Otis was not a clear cut survival situation. I had my suspicions at the time that it wasn't the last and only option. Shane is a bad guy.
PSN:Bageara

Pioneer KURO PDP-LX5090
Sony BRAVIA KDL-40W2000
Sony PS3 320gb
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #4265
Bageara Bageara is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Bageara's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Newcastle UK PSN:Bageara
135
30
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
And this is exactly why you wouldn't make it in a survival situation
The kid is just an excuse for you (like for Shane). It's just about survival at all cost, and if you have to step over a few heads for it, so be it.

People would figure out that you're out for your own sake, and either let you rot somewhere or "take you out" for the good of the group

Strength in numbers of - valuable (as in, there for he group) people.
Excellent point. Who wants to be in a group with someone like that.
PSN:Bageara

Pioneer KURO PDP-LX5090
Sony BRAVIA KDL-40W2000
Sony PS3 320gb
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #4266
Foggy Foggy is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Foggy's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England
193
39
Default

They killed Dale...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #4267
Bageara Bageara is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Bageara's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Newcastle UK PSN:Bageara
135
30
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
They killed Dale...
Yeah most people here seem glad to see the back of Dale but I didn't mind him. Yes he could be a bit of a pain in the ass somtimes and I'm not sure what he was trying to do when he stole and hid the guns but he was a good guy. He really sounded like the voice of reason trying to save Randals life and I think he was right.

Carl is definitely showing signs of being disturbed.
PSN:Bageara

Pioneer KURO PDP-LX5090
Sony BRAVIA KDL-40W2000
Sony PS3 320gb

Last edited by Bageara; 03-10-2012 at 01:36 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #4268
Idealsupra Idealsupra is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Idealsupra's Avatar
 
Nov 2007
30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I still have a problem with that.
[Show spoiler]It would suggest to me that with rapid and aggressive medical treatment someone could possibly survive a zombie bite. Chances might not be so good, but with a doctor (Hershel) and some strong antibiotics....
Thats kind of the point. In the comics
[Show spoiler] once Rick realized what was going on, two people were bitten on the leg. The first time he hacked off the leg to stop the infection from spreading and therefore killing the person. He didnt hack it off well enough and the guy ended up dying anyways due to blood loss. The second time, it was Dale oddly enough, and he hacked his leg off and Dale survived and lived just fine until later on in the series when he was killed off.
It makes perfect sense actually. Dont know why you would have a problem with it.
TROPHY COUNT: 3090 LEVEL: 20 (90%)
PLATINUMS: 59
WORKING ON: | Sports Champions
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #4269
Presence Presence is offline
Expert Member
 
Oct 2010
173
8
14
Default

The entire synopsis for Sunday's episode was leaked.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #4270
Bageara Bageara is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Bageara's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Newcastle UK PSN:Bageara
135
30
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmontreux View Post
The entire synopsis for Sunday's episode was leaked.
Yeah it's already been posted in here last week
PSN:Bageara

Pioneer KURO PDP-LX5090
Sony BRAVIA KDL-40W2000
Sony PS3 320gb
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #4271
Presence Presence is offline
Expert Member
 
Oct 2010
173
8
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageara View Post
Yeah it's already been posted in here last week
Oh
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #4272
LucasEatWorld LucasEatWorld is offline
Expert Member
 
LucasEatWorld's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
U.S.
217
15
10
37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageara View Post
Carl is definitely showing signs of being disturbed.
More like showing signs of being a tool and idiot. Like seriously, he was always cautious and everyone cared about him and wanted him to stay close by, and now he's walking off by himself ****ing with zombies and sneaking in to talk to Randall, and nobody seems to care where he's going. Hilarious.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #4273
Foggy Foggy is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Foggy's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England
193
39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageara View Post
Yeah most people here seem glad to see the back of Dale but I didn't mind him. Yes he could be a bit of a pain in the ass somtimes and I'm not sure what he was trying to do when he stole and hid the guns but he was a good guy. He really sounded like the voice of reason trying to save Randals life and I think he was right.

Carl is definitely showing signs of being disturbed.
He was like that cool Grandfather who you would get to visit, and he would let you do all sorts of cool stuff thus far no one would find out or get hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasEatWorld View Post
More like showing signs of being a tool and idiot. Like seriously, he was always cautious and everyone cared about him and wanted him to stay close by, and now he's walking off by himself ****ing with zombies and sneaking in to talk to Randall, and nobody seems to care where he's going. Hilarious.
Well clearly people care, since he was told off for what he said to the lady woman I don't care enough to remember the name off, and Rick didn't want him to see him shoot Randall. I think the consquences of the ending of the episode will show Carl that his actions can lead to danger, or maybe it'll destory him and well see him disappear in one of the next two episode trying to "fix things" by maybe getting himself killed of getting Dale killed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #4274
-RONIN- -RONIN- is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
-RONIN-'s Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Canada
26
311
8
9
Default

Been busy playing with my new SVS the last few days but I'm all set for Sunday. Bring on those damn Walkers!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #4275
ChadFL ChadFL is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
ChadFL's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
511
5
156
Default

So does anyone actually like Season 2 more than Season 1? It's not even close for me. Season 2 had had a few good episodes but isn't close to Season 1 in quality. The whole farm setting is a big step back and has dragged out far too long. Thankfully knowing what to expect Season 3 should easily top both.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #4276
ChadFL ChadFL is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
ChadFL's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
511
5
156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1203 View Post
I like you Chad, but you and I couldn't be in the same camp if this every happened.

You have the survive mentality, and I have the 'what is the right thing to do' mentality.
Doing the right thing mentality works to some extent in the current world. My guess is the zombie apocalypse world would be dominated by the roving gangs in "full survival mode" with the "do the right thing" folks ending up exactly how Randall described the people who were raped and killed by his former group. In this world I'm a "do the right thing" type, I'm just honest enough to admit I probably wouldn't be in a post-apocalyptic zombie ruled world. I think a good many (probably majority) of those who think they'd be the same person in such a world are either naive or don't get human nature. The whole "do the right thing" mentality largely exists within the confines of a structured society. When that society collapses and punishment for such behavior no longer exists so to does that mentality.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #4277
Moviefan1203 Moviefan1203 is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Moviefan1203's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
82
6
42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
Doing the right thing mentality works to some extent in the current world. My guess is the zombie apocalypse world would be dominated by the roving gangs in "full survival mode" with the "do the right thing" folks ending up exactly how Randall described the people who were raped and killed by his former group. In this world I'm a "do the right thing" type, I'm just honest enough to admit I probably wouldn't be in a post-apocalyptic zombie ruled world. I think a good many (probably majority) of those who think they'd be the same person in such a world are either naive or don't get human nature. The whole "do the right thing" mentality largely exists within the confines of a structured society. When that society collapses and punishment for such behavior no longer exists so to does that mentality.
I respectively disagree, but fortunately we don't have to worry about a zombie apocalypse. I'm in the mindset that I would rather pass onto the next life being a good man rather than resort to living like an animal. If I was ever in this situation, and it got me killed, then so be it. What's meant to be is meant to be.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #4278
ChadFL ChadFL is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
ChadFL's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
511
5
156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1203 View Post
I respectively disagree, but fortunately we don't have to worry about a zombie apocalypse. I'm in the mindset that I would rather pass onto the next life being a good man rather than resort to living like an animal. If I was ever in this situation, and it got me killed, then so be it. What's meant to be is meant to be.
No offense but would you still believe in a "next life" in a world where when people die they literally just get back up and try to eat people? I'm serious too. I think most would have a hard time believing in anything under such circumstances.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #4279
Moviefan1203 Moviefan1203 is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Moviefan1203's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
82
6
42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
No offense but would you still believe in a "next life" in a world where when people die they literally just get back up and try to eat people? I'm serious too. I think most would have a hard time believing in anything under such circumstances.
As a man of faith I absolutely would. The souls are not in the walkers, they are body only. The soul has moved on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:01 AM   #4280
Grumpz Grumpz is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Grumpz's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Winnipeg, MB
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1203 View Post
I respectively disagree, but fortunately we don't have to worry about a zombie apocalypse. I'm in the mindset that I would rather pass onto the next life being a good man rather than resort to living like an animal. If I was ever in this situation, and it got me killed, then so be it. What's meant to be is meant to be.
So what your saying is...

(This is not meant to resemble any scenario in the series, but you yourself are living in a zombie apocalyptic world)

You find yourself in a situation where only 2 things can happen, and it's by your hand. You either die, and as a result, 5 strangers die, or you shoot someone and as a result you live and so do the other 5 strangers.

Are you telling me, you'd choose to die, and as a results, the 5 strangers also die?
Sony KDL52W4100
80gb PS3
Some Yamaha Receiver
Some Polk Audio Speakers and an Infninity Sub
There's also a Wii kickin around the mix!

THERE'S SOMETHING MOVIN AND IT AIN'T US!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
First Look: Shia LaBeouf and Frank Langella in "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps" Movies wnicholas76 3 09-13-2009 11:45 PM
Frank Darabont to Direct The Walking Dead? Movies GreenScar 6 08-12-2009 06:00 PM
Frank Miller Presents "Will Eisner's The Spirit" Leaked Set Pics Movies AaronSCH 6 04-08-2008 02:35 AM
Frank Simonis " We needed to create momentum" Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology jayd 0 01-21-2008 10:56 AM
"Halloween", "Dawn of the Dead" and "Day of the Dead" on October 2nd Blu-ray Movies - North America J_UNTITLED 5 08-19-2007 03:29 AM

Tags
amc, drama, horror, walking dead, zombies

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:18 AM.