Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Planes (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Kid Cannabis (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Brother Bear / Brother Bear 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Angry Birds Toons: Season One - Volume Two (Blu-ray)
$12.96
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Vinyl (Blu-ray)
$13.98
Old 03-10-2012, 01:17 AM   #4261
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
If the life of a kid is at stake? Yes, damn right if the situation called for it. And I wouldn't feel bad about it either.
I like you Chad, but you and I couldn't be in the same camp if this every happened.

You have the survive mentality, and I have the 'what is the right thing to do' mentality.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:48 AM   #4262
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
AZ

Quote:
If the life of a kid is at stake? Yes, damn right if the situation called for it. And I wouldn't feel bad about it either.
And this is exactly why you wouldn't make it in a survival situation
The kid is just an excuse for you (like for Shane). It's just about survival at all cost, and if you have to step over a few heads for it, so be it.

People would figure out that you're out for your own sake, and either let you rot somewhere or "take you out" for the good of the group

Strength in numbers of - valuable (as in, there for he group) people.

Time is the School in Which We Learn
Time is the Fire in Which We Burn

Delmore Schwartz (1913-1966)
Old 03-10-2012, 01:56 AM   #4263
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2007
Club Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post

People would figure out that you're out for your own sake, and either let you rot somewhere or "take you out" for the good of the group .
True. Thats what I hated (because it was fake as hell) about The Hurt Locker. That guy would have disappeared ASAP after the first couple of cowboy moves he made. No crew is going to put up with that wreckless endangering stuff.
Because Calamari Marionette Ph.D sounded pompous, that's why.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #4264
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Newcastle UK PSN:Bageara

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
lol Chad is the Shane of a real world apocalypse.
Yeah I can see that. Chad would be a bad guy in a zombie apocalypse I think. Probably something like those guys Rick shot at the bar who go around taking what they want

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMP View Post
After Rick admitted he would have done the samething in the Otis case, I thought for sure, Rick wasn't your guy anymore.
Rick admitted no such thing. Also, all Rick was told was it was a survival thing but Shanes recent behavior and the spoiler that was posted last week about what Shane is going to do in the season finale I now have no doubt in my that Shane killing Otis was not a clear cut survival situation. I had my suspicions at the time that it wasn't the last and only option. Shane is a bad guy.
PSN:Bageara

Pioneer KURO PDP-LX5090
Sony BRAVIA KDL-40W2000
Sony PS3 320gb
Old 03-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #4265
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
And this is exactly why you wouldn't make it in a survival situation
The kid is just an excuse for you (like for Shane). It's just about survival at all cost, and if you have to step over a few heads for it, so be it.

People would figure out that you're out for your own sake, and either let you rot somewhere or "take you out" for the good of the group

Strength in numbers of - valuable (as in, there for he group) people.
Excellent point. Who wants to be in a group with someone like that.

Pioneer KURO PDP-LX5090
Sony BRAVIA KDL-40W2000
Sony PS3 320gb
Old 03-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #4266
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

They killed Dale...
Old 03-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #4267
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
They killed Dale...
Yeah most people here seem glad to see the back of Dale but I didn't mind him. Yes he could be a bit of a pain in the ass somtimes and I'm not sure what he was trying to do when he stole and hid the guns but he was a good guy. He really sounded like the voice of reason trying to save Randals life and I think he was right.

Carl is definitely showing signs of being disturbed.

Pioneer KURO PDP-LX5090
Sony BRAVIA KDL-40W2000
Sony PS3 320gb

Last edited by Bageara; 03-10-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #4268
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I still have a problem with that.
[Show spoiler]It would suggest to me that with rapid and aggressive medical treatment someone could possibly survive a zombie bite. Chances might not be so good, but with a doctor (Hershel) and some strong antibiotics....
Thats kind of the point. In the comics
[Show spoiler] once Rick realized what was going on, two people were bitten on the leg. The first time he hacked off the leg to stop the infection from spreading and therefore killing the person. He didnt hack it off well enough and the guy ended up dying anyways due to blood loss. The second time, it was Dale oddly enough, and he hacked his leg off and Dale survived and lived just fine until later on in the series when he was killed off.
It makes perfect sense actually. Dont know why you would have a problem with it.
TROPHY COUNT: 3090 LEVEL: 20 (90%)
PLATINUMS: 59
WORKING ON: | Sports Champions
Old 03-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #4269
Expert Member

Oct 2010

The entire synopsis for Sunday's episode was leaked.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #4270
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmontreux View Post
The entire synopsis for Sunday's episode was leaked.
Yeah it's already been posted in here last week

Pioneer KURO PDP-LX5090
Sony BRAVIA KDL-40W2000
Sony PS3 320gb
Old 03-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #4271
Expert Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageara View Post
Yeah it's already been posted in here last week
Oh
Old 03-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #4272
Expert Member

Jun 2011
U.S.

Quote:
More like showing signs of being a tool and idiot. Like seriously, he was always cautious and everyone cared about him and wanted him to stay close by, and now he's walking off by himself ****ing with zombies and sneaking in to talk to Randall, and nobody seems to care where he's going. Hilarious.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #4273
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

Quote:
Yeah most people here seem glad to see the back of Dale but I didn't mind him. Yes he could be a bit of a pain in the ass somtimes and I'm not sure what he was trying to do when he stole and hid the guns but he was a good guy. He really sounded like the voice of reason trying to save Randals life and I think he was right.

He was like that cool Grandfather who you would get to visit, and he would let you do all sorts of cool stuff thus far no one would find out or get hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasEatWorld View Post
More like showing signs of being a tool and idiot. Like seriously, he was always cautious and everyone cared about him and wanted him to stay close by, and now he's walking off by himself ****ing with zombies and sneaking in to talk to Randall, and nobody seems to care where he's going. Hilarious.
Well clearly people care, since he was told off for what he said to the lady woman I don't care enough to remember the name off, and Rick didn't want him to see him shoot Randall. I think the consquences of the ending of the episode will show Carl that his actions can lead to danger, or maybe it'll destory him and well see him disappear in one of the next two episode trying to "fix things" by maybe getting himself killed of getting Dale killed.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #4274
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Canada

Been busy playing with my new SVS the last few days but I'm all set for Sunday. Bring on those damn Walkers!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #4275
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

So does anyone actually like Season 2 more than Season 1? It's not even close for me. Season 2 had had a few good episodes but isn't close to Season 1 in quality. The whole farm setting is a big step back and has dragged out far too long. Thankfully knowing what to expect Season 3 should easily top both.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #4276
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1203 View Post
I like you Chad, but you and I couldn't be in the same camp if this every happened.

You have the survive mentality, and I have the 'what is the right thing to do' mentality.
Doing the right thing mentality works to some extent in the current world. My guess is the zombie apocalypse world would be dominated by the roving gangs in "full survival mode" with the "do the right thing" folks ending up exactly how Randall described the people who were raped and killed by his former group. In this world I'm a "do the right thing" type, I'm just honest enough to admit I probably wouldn't be in a post-apocalyptic zombie ruled world. I think a good many (probably majority) of those who think they'd be the same person in such a world are either naive or don't get human nature. The whole "do the right thing" mentality largely exists within the confines of a structured society. When that society collapses and punishment for such behavior no longer exists so to does that mentality.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #4277
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA

Quote:
Doing the right thing mentality works to some extent in the current world. My guess is the zombie apocalypse world would be dominated by the roving gangs in "full survival mode" with the "do the right thing" folks ending up exactly how Randall described the people who were raped and killed by his former group. In this world I'm a "do the right thing" type, I'm just honest enough to admit I probably wouldn't be in a post-apocalyptic zombie ruled world. I think a good many (probably majority) of those who think they'd be the same person in such a world are either naive or don't get human nature. The whole "do the right thing" mentality largely exists within the confines of a structured society. When that society collapses and punishment for such behavior no longer exists so to does that mentality.
I respectively disagree, but fortunately we don't have to worry about a zombie apocalypse. I'm in the mindset that I would rather pass onto the next life being a good man rather than resort to living like an animal. If I was ever in this situation, and it got me killed, then so be it. What's meant to be is meant to be.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #4278
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
I respectively disagree, but fortunately we don't have to worry about a zombie apocalypse. I'm in the mindset that I would rather pass onto the next life being a good man rather than resort to living like an animal. If I was ever in this situation, and it got me killed, then so be it. What's meant to be is meant to be.
No offense but would you still believe in a "next life" in a world where when people die they literally just get back up and try to eat people? I'm serious too. I think most would have a hard time believing in anything under such circumstances.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #4279
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA

Quote:
No offense but would you still believe in a "next life" in a world where when people die they literally just get back up and try to eat people? I'm serious too. I think most would have a hard time believing in anything under such circumstances.
As a man of faith I absolutely would. The souls are not in the walkers, they are body only. The soul has moved on.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:01 AM   #4280
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
Winnipeg, MB

Quote:
So what your saying is...

(This is not meant to resemble any scenario in the series, but you yourself are living in a zombie apocalyptic world)

You find yourself in a situation where only 2 things can happen, and it's by your hand. You either die, and as a result, 5 strangers die, or you shoot someone and as a result you live and so do the other 5 strangers.

Are you telling me, you'd choose to die, and as a results, the 5 strangers also die?
Sony KDL52W4100
80gb PS3
Some Yamaha Receiver
Some Polk Audio Speakers and an Infninity Sub
There's also a Wii kickin around the mix!

THERE'S SOMETHING MOVIN AND IT AIN'T US!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television