Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
History of the World: Part I (Blu-ray)
$6.16
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning / The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 03-16-2012, 12:47 AM   #1
Power Member

Aug 2008
The Southland
Default Home Alone 5: Alone in the Dark

source: slashfilm

How about this for a soggy $hit sandwhich............

Macaulay Culkin’s career may not be what it once was, but the franchise that shot him to fame apparently lives on. ABC Family has just announced the start of production on Home Alone 5: Alone in the Dark, which will premiere on TV later this year as part of the network’s “25 Days of Christmas” programming block. And before you even ask, no, Culkin, Joe Pesci, and Daniel Stern aren’t involved — but Edward Asner, Debi Mazar, Eddie Steeples, Malcolm McDowell, and the guy who directed Garfield are. More details after the jump.

The first Home Alone proved a smash hit when it opened in 1990, quickly inspiring a New York-set sequel that debuted in 1992. Although Home Alone 2: Lost in New York wasn’t quite as successful on a commercial or critical level, the franchise really lost its way with Home Alone 3, which featured none of the main cast or characters (though it did star the Janitor from Scrubs and a young Scarlett Johansson). The series returned to Kevin McCallister and Marv in the made-for-TV Home Alone 4: Taking Back the House, but with new actors in the familiar roles.

Like the previous installment, Home Alone 5 will make its debut on the small screen; like the entry before that, it’ll center around new characters. Aaron Ginsburg and Wade McIntyre‘s script follows an eight-year-old named Finn (Christian Martyn), who’s unhappy with his family’s decision to move from California to Maine. His fears are compounded when he begins to suspect that the new home his haunted, and he devises traps in hopes of capturing the ghost. Instead, the traps catch a trio of burglars (McDowell, Mazar, and Steeples) who target the house one night while Finn and his sister (Jodelle Ferland) are home. Peter Hewitt, whose past credits include Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey and Garfield, is directing.

I want to say I’m surprised this is happening, but seeing as this year’s upcoming releases include a 21 Jump Street adaptation, a Titanic re-release, American Pie and Men in Black sequels, and a Total Recall remake, it has the ring of inevitability about it. Home Alone 5 will air on ABC Family sometime this December.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:52 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Shropshire, UK
Send a message via MSN to dallywhitty

That sounds horrendous. There better be a Stephen King reference in there somewhere, though, if they move to Maine and the kid is convinced the house is haunted!
Favourite film: Blade Runner Favourite actor: Oliver Reed Favourite actress: Winona Ryder
Favourite directors: Lynch, Kubrick, Cronenberg, Argento, Hitchcock, Mizoguchi, Russell, Polanski
Favourite show: Twin Peaks Favourite novel: It (Stephen King)
Favourite album: Movement (New Order) Favourite video games: Metal Gear Solid, Tomb Raider II
Currently reading: Dr. No (Ian Fleming)

Last edited by dallywhitty; 03-16-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #3
Expert Member

Apr 2010
Rochester, NY

Home Alone was just two movies. 3 and 4 and now 5 don't exist.
Blu-Ray Total: 479
Slipcover Total: 234
Steelbook Total: 30
Stay up to date with my hauls, reviews and other movie news at MNMreviews and WeLiveFilm
Old 03-16-2012, 12:56 AM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2008
North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
That sounds horrendous. There better be a Stephen King reference in their somewhere, though, if they move to Maine and the kid is convinced the house is haunted!
Agreed.
It's so sad when all they can do is make sequel after sequel of older movies instead of making something new.
"If we're about to die anyways, I'd rather die fighting! Come for me Gmork, I am Atreyu!"

"And use some of that cologne Gertrude got you for Christmas."
"Oh do I have to Mother, it smells like ether?"

" I told you 158 times I hate little notes on my pillow. 'We are all out of Corn Flakes F.U.' it took me three hours to realize that F.U. stood for Felix Ungar."
Old 03-16-2012, 01:04 AM   #5
Power Member

Feb 2008
Cincinnati
-

HT consists of: Polk Monitor 70 Series II(2), Polk CS2, Polk OWM3 (4), PSA XV15 (2).
Sony KDS 60A3000, Oppo-BDP93, Onkyo TX-SR805, PS3, XBox360, Harmony One remote.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:12 AM   #6

Jun 2009
SIN CITY

same league as war of the worlds 2.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:38 AM   #7
Blu-ray Archduke

Aug 2011
(Currently Bangor, PA) But One Day Hopefully Hollywood, California

I thought this was a joke when I open this thread, but its actually real?
I'm interested in trading for The Hunger Games & Hunger Games: Catching Fire BB SBs. PM if interested.
My Blu rays for sale Thread
http://letterboxd.com/movieman81/

"Sooner or later, I'll do something with my life. And make my mark. But until then, whatever I do is not a waste of time it's all building towards something"
Old 03-16-2012, 02:00 AM   #8
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guydowood View Post
The series returned to Kevin McCallister and Marv in the made-for-TV Home Alone 4: Taking Back the House, but with new actors in the familiar roles.

Like the previous installment, Home Alone 5 will make its debut on the small screen; like the entry before that, it’ll center around new characters. Aaron Ginsburg and Wade McIntyre‘s script follows an eight-year-old named Finn (Christian Martyn), who’s unhappy with his family’s decision to move from California to Maine. His fears are compounded when he begins to suspect that the new home his haunted, and he devises traps in hopes of capturing the ghost. Instead, the traps catch a trio of burglars (McDowell, Mazar, and Steeples) who target the house one night while Finn and his sister (Jodelle Ferland) are home. Peter Hewitt, whose past credits include Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey and Garfield, is directing.

I want to say I’m surprised this is happening, but seeing as this year’s upcoming releases include a 21 Jump Street adaptation, a Titanic re-release, American Pie and Men in Black sequels, and a Total Recall remake, it has the ring of inevitability about it. Home Alone 5 will air on ABC Family sometime this December.
What, Home Alone in 3-D?? (Well, maybe... )

But yeah, it's a name-only franchise reboot, like the Disney TV-movie. Nothing to get bent out of shape about.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:07 AM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
Pennsylvania

Never really liked any of the Home Alone films, but when i read the thread title I thought they were combining Home Alone with Alone in the Dark lol
Old 03-16-2012, 05:15 AM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
Kent

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkangel1975 View Post
Never really liked any of the Home Alone films, but when i read the thread title I thought they were combining Home Alone with Alone in the Dark lol

lol same thought it was a spoof film

and agreed with Moleman there are only 2 Home Alone movies 1&2
Old 03-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
Ireland, Dublin

Poor, poor Malcolm McDowell.
The guy must be real hard up for some cash
Proud member of the Blu Clan

10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 50% Pain =
100% Reason to Remember the Name
Old 03-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #12
Power Member

Mar 2008
Salt Lake City

I know it will be awful. But in knowing that, I wouldn't mind spending a mindless afternoon watching it when it comes on tv. Like the other sequels, I'm sure it will be nothing more than a super-cheesed up remake of the original.

Last edited by MarkJ801; 03-16-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #13
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guydowood View Post
Instead, the traps catch a trio of burglars (McDowell, Mazar, and Steeples) who target the house one night while Finn and his sister (Jodelle Ferland) are home.
Uh, hello?..."Alone?"
(Or, oh, I get it, they're alone.)

I smell the distinct whiff of somebody else's unrelated script, corporately rebranded.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008
Isla Nublar

I nearly choked on my coffee.

Dr. Ian Malcolm: Anybody hear that? It's a, um... It's an impact tremor, that's what it is... I'm fairly alarmed here.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #15

Dec 2010
Carrollton, Ga

all of my why
Old 03-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #16

Apr 2011
Knoxville, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moleman1138 View Post
Home Alone was just two movies. 3 and 4 and now 5 don't exist.
Agreed.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #17
Power Member

Aug 2008
The Southland

When I first read the title I thought maybe they we're going with some sorta male masturbation story "Home Alone 5: Alone in the Dark"....LOL
Old 03-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Warsteiner Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
I thought this was a joke when I open this thread, but its actually real?
*double face palm* uh....ditto!
"Don't be stupid, this is way more entertaining than Hollywood's ever gonna be!" - Revy, Black Lagoon

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - TV Show Host, Robocop

What really happened to Farscape!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #19
Banned

Mar 2010
Dallas, TX

Old 03-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #20
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
Mexico, OH

I find this more or less as an insult to Jodelle Ferland because she was great as Alyssa in Silent Hill.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies