Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Shrek 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
7 hrs ago
The LEGO Ninjago Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Dracula 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Drive Angry 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.88
14 hrs ago
Minions 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.97

Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.97

National Parks Adventure 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.89

Prometheus 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.07

Priest 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.90

The Walk 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.97

Thunder and the House of Magic (Blu-ray)
$8.43

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Old 03-18-2012, 12:50 AM   #621
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penton-Man View Post
In a nutshell, if I didn’t think 3D had the potential to be ‘awesome’, I wouldn’t have encouraged one of the owners to re-open a comprehensive forum totally dedicated to the subject.
I’d say the 3D forum is thriving, so there you have at least an indirect answer.
Sounds good. Thanks.

Quote:
Actually *the look* is the result of a collaboration with the Director and cinematographer, with the stererographer, usually playing 2nd fiddle, at best. Tron: Legacy didn’t have a stereographer. I think that will prove to be an exception to standard practice moving forward with 3D producitons.

Don’t be too critical of those with ‘wimpy’ eyes. Many folks will suffer this *affliction* to varying degrees when they get to middle age. It’s known as presbyopia. My recommendation to the more *seasoned* crowd or, to those individuals of any age who are predisposed to developing eyestrain more so than others , is to move further back from the screen to reduce the risk of eyestrain from vergence-accomodation decoupling, extreme convergence, divergence.
I didn't know that about Tron Legacy. It's an awesome movie, but I really hope they push the 3D next time. They had the cameras WAY too close to each other throughout most of the movie, and looking at their monitors with 3D glasses on, should've first set a standard before proceeding with the rest of the shots. Unless they had to adhere to the limits of what was already prescribed by the 3D computer animators for FX.

Quote:
The best part and what "it's black or it's white" crowds fail to mention when they start bashing the format is this: You don't have to have it if you don't want it. Don't like 3D? Don't buy 3D!
That's true. If people in the old days though color TV was a gimmick, they could stick with their black and white TV sets. Same is true of 3D being an extension of human sight.

Quote:
Another thing which iskind of funny, imo, is all the 3D haters complaining that glasses-free technology is better because with glasses you have to focus on objects other than where they really are (focusing on the screen place while percieving the object behind of or in front of the screen plane) which is "bad for your eyes" and that problem doesn't exist with glasses-free 3d displays which is why 3D glasses-free displays are better, you don't have to focus on objects other than where they really are .

Well, I don't know where they get their information from, but I have a small glasses-free 3d display, and you do still have to focus on objects other than where they really are to see the picture correctly. Objects filmed behind the screen plane still appear behind the flat screen, and what I had always wondered about before getting one, objects filmed in front of the screen still appear in front of the screen, even without wearing any glasses.
Interesting topic about 3D critics who say "3D in film is bad because the movie is telling you where to focus and that's not natural." They also missed the point that every shot in the movie is telling them where to look, simply by the composition of the shot itself.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D

Last edited by Zivouhr; 03-18-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #622
Retired Hollywood Insider

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Sounds good. Thanks....
I havenít had the time to look at any of the clips from this past 3D conference, (the website link of which was passed onto me by a colleague) but itís free and there may be some interesting tidbits somewhere in there for someoneÖ. http://3dstorytelling.co.uk/voxpop-2012/

For the gamer dudes out there, Mick H., Vice President Sony Computer Entertainment in Europe gives a spiel regarding 3D gaming, past, present and a little on the future.
To Whom It May Concern - The offers/inquires are appreciated; however, I no longer work only for perks from studio-based home entertainment companies.

Click on this to Learn how to HELP by simply texting
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=11973
Old 03-26-2012, 12:44 AM   #623
Expert Member

Feb 2011

Well, I'm not interested in watching 3D movies at home. And I dont like a situation when I dont have a choice between 2D and 3D in theater (and here in Poland we rarely have a choice) cause 3D simply doesnt impress me. Among the movies I've seen only Avatar and maybe Dark of the Moon have really nice 3D, (but I prefer to watch them in 2D anyway), but I wasn't impressed at all by any other movie I've seen in 3D. And I really dont like to pay more for BD editions with 3D disc added (which for me is completely useless).
Old 03-26-2012, 03:00 AM   #624
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Quote:
I havenít had the time to look at any of the clips from this past 3D conference, (the website link of which was passed onto me by a colleague) but itís free and there may be some interesting tidbits somewhere in there for someoneÖ. http://3dstorytelling.co.uk/voxpop-2012/
Thanks for the link. I'm going to watch a few of these when I have some extra free time.
Vizio E3D420VX 3DTV, LG BP550, 160GB PS3, Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1 Home Theater, Sony MDR-DS7500 7.1 Headphones
Old 03-26-2012, 03:09 AM   #625

Jan 2011

3D is annoying!
Old 03-26-2012, 03:21 AM   #626
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

One word: Annoying.
Sony XBR55X900E.
Sony UBP-X800 4K Blu ray player.
Sony 7.2-Channel 4K A/V HD Receiver - STRDH770.
Center Channel Speaker: klipsch Synergy C3.
Tower Speakers: Klipsch SF12.
Surrounds: Sony Satellite Speakers.
Subwoofer: Polk Audio PSW 10.
Xfinity HD.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:34 AM   #627
Special Member

Aug 2011

Is anyone upset that the new Total Recall is not in 3D? After watching the trailer for it, I thought it had the perfect environment for it. I have never really felt disappointed about a movie not being in 3D, but this time I did.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #628

Aug 2012
LDN
Send a message via Skype™ to PaniqL
Default Do you think 3D is Good

Personally i dont really like 3D. Its not exactly 3D and it fells weird wearing glasses.

What are your thoughts?
Panic
Old 08-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #629
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Lancaster, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaniqL View Post
Personally i dont really like 3D. Its not exactly 3D and it fells weird wearing glasses.

What are your thoughts?
It depends on how it's executed. It's not all the same, and it's actually a treat, not a standard for watching everything.

It's nice, if done right. Unfortunately, various parts of the industry see it only as a money grab, so it's off to a pretty bad start.

There are fans of 3-D, and people who are very much opposed to it, and like anything, the truth is somewhere in the middle.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #630

Aug 2012
LDN
Send a message via Skype™ to PaniqL

yeah i totally agree.
IMax 3D is great and on a big projector its fun to watch.

It has got off to a bad start. It just annoys me that people think 3D Tvs are the best things out there but IMO 3DTVs are just a money Grab although i have one.

Its just getting started and in a couple of years film and 3D will be a new experience.

Thats my opinion
Panic
Old 08-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #631
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2011
Canada

I didn't like 3D movies in till I watched Hugo 3D in the theatres. After I watched it I started to see the potential that 3D has. I watched MIB 3 in 3D too and it was really cool. But when I watched Star Wars: TPM in 3D, I was really disappointed. I guess its a hit or miss with 3D.
"Your Story may not have such a happy beginning, but that doesn't make you who you are. It is the rest of your story, who you choose to be..."

"Ideals are peaceful, history is violent." - Wardaddy

Favourite Movies By Year:
2010: The Social Network 2011: Hugo 2012: The Avengers 2013: The Wolf of Wall Street 2014: Interstellar 2015: Star Wars: Episode VII 2016: Silence
Old 08-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #632
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

I like it.

I always liked 3D,... even the old Anaglyph stuff which I likely can't stand now since the new tech is SOOOOO much better.

-Brian
Blu Rays are Forever
Old 08-22-2012, 12:56 AM   #633
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

yes...me think 3d good...
most wanted blus: the Legend of 1900, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Sheena Queen of the Jungle, Farinelli, any Phish, the Last Castle, Clan of the Cavebear, Silver Bullet, Beastmaster, Sword and the Sorcerer. Samsung pn51f8500 plasma active 3d, Vizio 42" LCD passive 3d, Panasonic bdt310, PS3 slim 60 gb, Denon AVR 590, Polk Audio rm6750, Sennhieser hd 280 pro.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:13 AM   #634
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008
The £Ŗ«
Thumbs up

I like it!
I think it's a blast watching good 3D.

Miraculously, I can somehow still tolerate watching 2D movies, also.
But, a good 3D movie makes it more of a special "event".
Old 08-22-2012, 02:17 AM   #635
Banned

Aug 2010

3D sucks.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:38 AM   #636
Expert Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreyTheater3D View Post
3D sucks.
agree completely.

although a bunch of us fell for the hype and bought some frigging awesome 3D setups and continue to be forced to enjoy some awesome 3D movies. If only we had our own free will !
Old 08-22-2012, 03:20 AM   #637
Banned

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray O. Blu View Post
I like it!
I think it's a blast watching good 3D.

Miraculously, I can somehow still tolerate watching 2D movies, also.
But, a good 3D movie makes it more of a special "event".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big3dfan View Post
agree completely.

although a bunch of us fell for the hype and bought some frigging awesome 3D setups and continue to be forced to enjoy some awesome 3D movies. If only we had our own free will !
Lol! For me it is a real chore to watch movies in 2D anymore - my arm gets really tired holding my hand up over one eye through an entire 2-hour movie...

Last edited by FREYMAX 3D; 08-22-2012 at 03:25 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #638

Nov 2008
Warwickshire, UK
United Kingdom

Hate it (eg: headaches/eye-strain/nausea), I was one of the first people to give the community a slap in the face regarding health effects. Which all been proved true & the industry admitted too them finally in a smallish percentage of people. Or was it the online sites doing surveys?!? nvm

I'll stand by what I thought of it then, "niche gimmick for the rich-&-dumb".

Don't be offended! I've jumped into so many first generation electronic gizmo's to help further there development. Plus making all my cinema kit obsolete was not a clever thing to do either.

Let's see you need a 3D reciever, 3D player + display (prefer projectors myself). Then you have to go down the dilema of which 3d type passive/active, then which is more expensive to buy glasses for..ow the joy.

You guys keep fighting the good fight for 3D; I will happily sit by & wait for either non-glasses 3d technology or for its epic-fail of the decade videos.

-------------

You not heard the cinemas in america want to charge people more for watching 2D to supplement the 3D showings?
Old 08-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #639
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunZenBomZ View Post

Let's see you need a 3D reciever, 3D player + display (prefer projectors myself). Then you have to go down the dilema of which 3d type passive/active, then which is more expensive to buy glasses for..
Well, you really don't have to choose between active and passive with projectors. They all use active unless you design your own system using a special polorized reflective screen. Something tells me you wouldn't do that.
Blu Rays are Forever
Old 08-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #640
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Missouri, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunZenBomZ View Post
I'll stand by what I thought of it then, "niche gimmick for the rich-&-dumb".
This is spot on - you rich dummies!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Tags
3dtv, fad