Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Willow (Blu-ray)
$11.12
The Faculty (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 5-8 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
White Christmas (Blu-ray)
$18.69
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.93
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 04-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #11281
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Morning JV We own a Hamilton-Beach older model
[Show spoiler]
and it has been the most reliable coffee maker I have ever owned.
AL
“If at first you don't succeed, try something easier.”

Sharp Quattron LC-70LE735U Oppo BDP-103 Pioneer Elite CLD-79 Darbeevision DVP-5000
Denon AVR-4311ci, DR-M10HX Monster HTS-5000 Outlaw Model 750
Klipsch Forte II, RC-62 II, IW-100, KSB 1.1
Velodyne VA 1012 Hsu Research ULS-15 Triple Drive
Old 04-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #11282
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Nov 2008
On the sofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
I love my Timmy's. Every morning I go and get my Large/one cream/ double cup and a toasted Everything Bagel with butter. However, I think MickyD's coffee is better and I usually partake in one or two a day.
Not a single donut shop where I live. In Taipei, they have Dunkin Donuts but not as good as Timmy's.

Would love to have a Walnut Crunch and a cup of coffee tomorrow for breakfast. Maybe an Apple Fritter too.
Unwatched Blu-rays: 41 Movies 5 TV Series
Marantz SR6004; UD5005; CD5003
B&W DM600 S3, LCR60 S3, ASW600 SVS SB12-NSD
Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Toshiba Regza 32C3000G; Sony PS3
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5010
Elite Screens M106UWH-E24
Old 04-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #11283

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
Morning JV We own a Hamilton-Beach older model
[Show spoiler]
and it has been the most reliable coffee maker I have ever owned.
How is the temp on that unit? I find some brewers are not hot enough.....I don't want it MickeyD's HOT, but you know what I mean. I love the fact the HB I'm looking at has both the carafe and the 2 travel mugs...very handy.
John - I love the smell of vinyl in the morning!
My personal motto: "Live Life! Leave A Legacy!"
I reserve the right to post as a member. When I post as a Moderator I will select a color depending on my mood!
AudioQuest - Genesis - Marantz Reference - Mogami - Nitty Gritty - Nottingham - Ortofon - Rega - Valab/King
Old 04-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #11284
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Quote:
How is the temp on that unit? I find some brewers are not hot enough.....I don't want it MickeyD's HOT, but you know what I mean. I love the fact the HB I'm looking at has both the carafe and the 2 travel mugs...very handy.
It gets very hot and stays hot for the two hours it is on. The biggest selling point to me is whether the carafe drips when you pour and the one I showed does not drip at all. I also like glass carafes better then thermal ones. The glass ones seem to get the coffee hotter then the thermal.
AL

Sharp Quattron LC-70LE735U Oppo BDP-103 Pioneer Elite CLD-79 Darbeevision DVP-5000
Old 04-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #11285

Jul 2007

Quote:
It gets very hot and stays hot for the two hours it is on. The biggest selling point to me is whether the carafe drips when you pour and the one I showed does not drip at all. I also like glass carafes better then thermal ones. The glass ones seem to get the coffee hotter then the thermal.
Now that's an interesting observation..I would have thought it to be the other way around. Luckily, when I brew a pot it's usually always gone within 2 hours, so maybe that won't be an issue for me.

EDIT: It makes sense now (I think) . The glass carafe sits directly on the burner so it comes to the temp of the machine. The Thermal carafe (being insulated) can't get it to the same temp. Good point! I may have to rethink this then.
I reserve the right to post as a member. When I post as a Moderator I will select a color depending on my mood!
AudioQuest - Genesis - Marantz Reference - Mogami - Nitty Gritty - Nottingham - Ortofon - Rega - Valab/King
Old 04-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #11286
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Quote:
Now that's an interesting observation..I would have thought it to be the other way around. Luckily, when I brew a pot it's usually always gone within 2 hours, so maybe that won't be an issue for me.

EDIT: It makes sense now (I think) . The glass carafe sits directly on the burner so it comes to the temp of the machine. The Thermal carafe (being insulated) can't get it to the same temp. Good point! I may have to rethink this then.
Just speaking from experience. I have been through probably 6 or 7 coffee makers in my lifetime. We bought one with a thermal carafe and it seemed luke warm to me and after using it for a week I got so annoyed that if you did not hold it just right more coffee went on the counter then in the cup and I took it back for a full refund. That is why I would recommend you buy from a local store then over the internet.
AL

Old 04-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #11287

Jul 2007

Quote:
Just speaking from experience. I have been through probably 6 or 7 coffee makers in my lifetime. We bought one with a thermal carafe and it seemed luke warm to me and after using it for a week I got so annoyed that if you did not hold it just right more coffee went on the counter then in the cup and I took it back for a full refund. That is why I would recommend you buy from a local store then over the internet.
Thanks Al! I'll buy locally for sure, but I think I have more research to do. Wish we sold HB at Costco, but we don't. I do know that Wal-mart sells them, so I'll have a look there. Thanks for informing me about the glass vs thermal carafe!
Old 04-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #11288
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

Quote:
I've kinda been eying this one from Hamilton-Beach. It apparently got really good reviews on Consumer Reports. Nice that it includes 2 Travel Mugs as well!

Attachment 45938

I'll see, not sure what to do just yet.
Good morning John , i also have one of those as a backup since at home we drink way too much coffee .
Old 04-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #11289
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Good evening JV. Still enjoying your time off? Have you been out with your honey yet? Or as Russ would say, have you checked your bank account lately?
AL

Old 04-03-2012, 06:59 AM   #11290

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almadacr View Post
Good morning John , i also have one of those as a backup since at home we drink way too much coffee .
Hi Fernando! I really like the look of that unit, and the fact it comes with 2 travel mugs, but the Thermal Carafe has me holding off. Al
feels a glass carafe will be better. I'll have a look at Wal-Mart and Crappy Tire this week.

Quote:
Good evening JV. Still enjoying your time off? Have you been out with your honey yet? Or as Russ would say, have you checked your bank account lately?
LOL! The honey is here, but is going home later today. I don't think there is need to answer the second part of your question...
Old 04-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #11291
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Nov 2008
On the sofa

Any luck on the coffee maker? Also is Canadian Tire Money still given out? We always had it kicking around the house.

I like glass pots, easy to clean, but easy to break. I got the same machine but on third pot.
Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Old 04-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #11292
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Good Tueday vacation morning JV.
AL

Old 04-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #11293

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Any luck on the coffee maker? Also is Canadian Tire Money still given out? We always had it kicking around the house.

I like glass pots, easy to clean, but easy to break. I got the same machine but on third pot.
I like that about glass carafes as well....easy to see if its totally clean. And yeah, Crappy Tire money is still going strong and I have a stash somewhere. I'll ceetrainly use it if I buy it from them.

Quote:
Good Tueday vacation morning JV.
Thanks Al! I think you sold me on staying with a glass carafe coffeemaker. Makes perfect sense, and also what Travis said about cleaning it. Will wait until Friday when the new weekly flyers come out...maybe I can catch a sale.

You working today?
Old 04-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #11294
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Quote:
I like that about glass carafes as well....easy to see if its totally clean. And yeah, Crappy Tire money is still going strong and I have a stash somewhere. I'll ceetrainly use it if I buy it from them.

Thanks Al! I think you sold me on staying with a glass carafe coffeemaker. Makes perfect sense, and also what Travis said about cleaning it. Will wait until Friday when the new weekly flyers come out...maybe I can catch a sale.

You working today?
Sort of.
AL

Old 04-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #11295

Jul 2007

Quote:
Sort of.
Got ya!

Was listening to Stevie Wonder - Talking Book yesterday on Mofi 180g and I tell ya...the more I listen to it the more I'm convinced this is a reference recording. Stunning!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #11296
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Nov 2008
On the sofa

Quote:

You working today?
Ha, ha!

He had to work a couple days last week, his quota is filled for this fiscal quarter.
Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Old 04-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #11297
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

Quote:
Hi Fernando! I really like the look of that unit, and the fact it comes with 2 travel mugs, but the Thermal Carafe has me holding off. Al
feels a glass carafe will be better. I'll have a look at Wal-Mart and Crappy Tire this week.
Yeah i can agree with Al , but it's good to make two mugs and leave , i notice that it can hold the coffee warm for about 2 hours .

Take a look also at Zellers since they are closing down some stores you can get also some good deals

My main machine is this one now on the pic , and i have the other as a backup i only paid 39.99 + tax .

BTW good morning and it's time to go to work ( this is a short week so the schedule's is all screwed up ).

Old 04-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #11298

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almadacr View Post
Yeah i can agree with Al , but it's good to make two mugs and leave , i notice that it can hold the coffee warm for about 2 hours .

Take a look also at Zellers since they are closing down some stores you can get also some good deals

My main machine is this one now on the pic , and i have the other as a backup i only paid 39.99 + tax .

BTW good morning and it's time to go to work ( this is a short week so the schedule's is all screwed up ).

How much was the Delonghi? Not a huge fan of espesso, but I like the occasional Capucino....
Old 04-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #11299
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss

Hey Johnny
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research
SVS
Old 04-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #11300
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Hey JV found a great coffee maker for you. Makes the best coffee on Wednesdays.

[Show spoiler]
AL

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries