COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Shame (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Jarhead 2: Field of Fire (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$18.96
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas / Twice Upon a Christmas (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Cat Planet Cuties: Complete Series S.A.V.E. (Blu-ray)
$14.39
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$74.99
Chuck: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$66.99
Rob Zombie: The Zombie Horror Picture Show (Blu-ray)
$11.88
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Operation Petticoat (Blu-ray)
$17.98
Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Only Lovers Left Alive (Blu-ray)
$23.59

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 04-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #61
Expert Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
The Kronos Lava giant definitely matched the size of the Krakken and was a lengthy sequence. Speaking of which, there was actually a roller coaster called the Krakken, I think Dorney Park.
lol nice!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #62
Power Member

Nov 2010
Jackson, MS

Saw this with some buds this weekend. 3.5/5

Fun movie. Surprisingly I found this to be cornier than Clash but in a way that made the movie a little more fun to watch. It some ways the movie felt like a repeat of Clash of the Titans just with swapped out monsters and characters playing similar but different roles.

Clash of the Titans has grown on me quite a bit over the last year or so. Its really not that bad a movie if you aren't so caught up on worshiping the 1981 film. I'd say Wrath is a worthy sequel thats nothing more than a spectacle/videogame come to life.

Excellent 3D I might add. Good sense of depth, mild but satisfying pop-out...can't wait to watch it at home on my 3D Panny.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:29 PM   #63
Power Member

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi View Post
I'd say Wrath is a worthy sequel thats nothing more than a spectacle/videogame come to life.

Excellent 3D I might add. Good sense of depth, mild but satisfying pop-out...can't wait to watch it at home on my 3D Panny.
My feelings also. "Mild but satisfying" Can't expect much more from converted 3D and it was consistent throughout.

Paul
Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection
Old 04-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #64
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:

Fun movie. //
What did you think about the 3D parallax (layers)? I felt they weren't far enough apart for most shots. 3D layers are my top 3D preference above depth and pop out, so in that sense, I was disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
My feelings also. "Mild but satisfying" Can't expect much more from converted 3D and it was consistent throughout.

Paul
Mild is a good description. Well done but conservative. I'm sure it would look nice on blu ray 3D.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #65
Power Member

Nov 2010
Jackson, MS

Quote:
What did you think about the 3D parallax (layers)? I felt they weren't far enough apart for most shots. 3D layers are my top 3D preference above depth and pop out, so in that sense, I was disappointed.

I thought everything looked decent enough. Sometimes when objects popped off the screen (like the lava) it had an almost transparent look to it the closer it seemed to get to you. When it comes to 3D Blu-Ray I'm hoping it has a more solid look. Could have been the theater I was in.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #66
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

The pop outs made me jump one time, during the shot with the rocks flying towards the screen at the end. I wasn't expecting that.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #67
Banned

Feb 2012

Quote:
JSmith82,

Good point about how Clash 3D is constantly used as an example of what we DON'T want to see in a 3D movie for the most part, mostly related to conversion errors, cardboard cut outs, plenty of subtle parallax layers in most scenes, etc. At home, it does look better than when I saw it in theaters, but not by a whole lot. I know there are also people who prefer the mild 3D look of Clash 3D and Star Wars I 3D.

Yeah, the director himself said he wanted to film it in 3D mostly for the grainy look, which isn't the best excuse, since film grain can be over-layed in post editing programs. He most likely didn't want any 3D learning curves on the set. This does look pretty cool from the trailers, lots of action and FX.
I will point out the director also doesn't like the digital look (even for 2d) and has chosen to shoot using film instead of digital (after testing the digital rigs) as digital was still not good enough in his eyes (he stated this was the case with Battle LA). Whilst I don't think much of his films, I do agree with him regarding the benifits he has reffered to of film over digital. Digital still isn't as good as film [in terms of detail etc], though it likely will be rather soon and digital does have many advantages over film and can of course look amazing.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #68

Mar 2011
The Future

I saw this movie yesterday. I thought it was about the same as Clash. I enjoyed Clash for what it was. I was a little disappointed with this, even though I thought the quality was the same. Clash was limited in what it could do because it was a remake. Wrath had a clean slate and was free to do what it wanted. I think it played things a little to safe. It didn't really feel epic until the very end.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:27 AM   #69
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryffe2004 View Post
I saw this movie yesterday. I thought it was about the same as Clash. I enjoyed Clash for what it was. I was a little disappointed with this, even though I thought the quality was the same. Clash was limited in what it could do because it was a remake. Wrath had a clean slate and was free to do what it wanted. I think it played things a little to safe. It didn't really feel epic until the very end.
Good points.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #70
Expert Member

Apr 2011
USA

Quote:
The Kronos Lava giant definitely matched the size of the Krakken and was a lengthy sequence. Speaking of which, there was actually a roller coaster called the Krakken, I think Dorney Park.
Kraken is at Sea World.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:58 AM   #71

Oct 2011
Montreal,Canada

Quote:

Fun movie. Surprisingly I found this to be cornier than Clash but in a way that made the movie a little more fun to watch. It some ways the movie felt like a repeat of Clash of the Titans just with swapped out monsters and characters playing similar but different roles.

Clash of the Titans has grown on me quite a bit over the last year or so. Its really not that bad a movie if you aren't so caught up on worshiping the 1981 film. I'd say Wrath is a worthy sequel thats nothing more than a spectacle/videogame come to life.

yeah but if it's a remake obviously there will be comparison. Eventhough the 1981 had cheesy as hell special effects, its still 50x more fun then these new clash movies. In my opinion if they did an amazing incredible job on 3d for these new films it could have been better than the originals on the fun level.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:38 AM   #72
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2shop View Post
Kraken is at Sea World.
That was it, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbrownst0ne View Post
yeah but if it's a remake obviously there will be comparison. Eventhough the 1981 had cheesy as hell special effects, its still 50x more fun then these new clash movies. In my opinion if they did an amazing incredible job on 3d for these new films it could have been better than the originals on the fun level.
Yeah, they really needed to push the 3D to the max and they played it safe.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:11 AM   #73
Expert Member

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

I saw this over the weekend in RealD 3D and thought it had cool action scenes but was severely lacking in plot and substance. I never saw Clash of the Titans to get the backstory, but regardless, if the filmmakers had better developed the characters' motivations behind their actions (especially for the villains), I think I would have enjoyed it more and cared more about the outcome of the battles. The casting and the performances were fantastic, but the story was extremely bland.

The 3D was sort of 'hit and miss.' The parallax looked okay but could have been pushed more. There were two great 3D scenes--one 'fly in' shot sweeping from the earth's crust down into the underworld and another 'ducking and dodging' sequence where the characters avoid moving walls in the labyrinth. There were also a few good attempts at pop-out 3D with flying rocks and burning embers.

However, for the rest of the time, the 3D wasn't very enjoyable. Most of the scenes seemed like they were planned for a 2D movie. Early in the film, there is a battle with a lot of frantic, shaky camera movements and quick cuts that just wasn't conducive for 3D viewing. Although Prime Focus did an awesome job on converting hair and beards to 3D, the majority of the scenes still had at least one element with strange-looking dimensions. Overall, it was a very hollow and unsatisfying experience for me. I could've just watched the 3D trailer and got all the fun that Wrath of the Titans had to offer.

Movie - 2/5
Stereography - 2.5/5
Depth - 2.5/5
Pop-out - 3/5
Dimensionality - 2.5/5
Fun factor - 2.5/5
Vizio E3D420VX, 160GB PS3, Sony MDR-DS7500 Headphones

Last edited by BleedOrange11; 04-10-2012 at 04:28 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #74

Jan 2011

Saw this at the Imax on the weekend and loved it - note I am also one of the few that really liked Clash

I thought the 3D was really good - hands down the best conversion for me. Pretty good depth all the way through, although I tend to notice this more on a TV. Plus some very good pop out moments. I thought it really added some intensity to the actions scenes.

I think if you’re not going to shoot in 3D this type of conversion is all people ask for.

Was slightly disappointed that they didn't play any 3D trailers - Avengers, Prometheus and MIB3 all played in 2D
Old 04-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #75
Power Member

Nov 2010
Jackson, MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbrownst0ne View Post
Thats one of the best things about the 1981 film IMO.

I'll always have a special place in my heart for the 1981 film. I grew up watching it along with Star Wars and in alot of ways Clash of the Titans was my Star Wars with sandals and swords.

I can see they went the way they did with the re-makes because of todays audiences. Something fast paced and CGI heavy is what people want these days so they were just catering to the majority audience. In some ways it sucks but for some mindless adventure fluff that appeals to the videogamer in me...I find the Clash and Wrath films acceptable. I TOTALLY get why people don't like them though, it took me a whiiiiile to warm up to Clash.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #76
Expert Member

Jul 2010

Decided at the last minute to see this Sunday (Easter) evening with my wife. We both liked Clash. Before we went to sleep that night I was thinking about Wrath and Clash and decided that I liked both but thought Clash was better as it had a lot of characters that I grew to like. While I was thinking those thoughts my wife asked me which movie I liked better. I told her I was just thinking about that. She said she liked both also. I'll be getting the 3D BD when available.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:44 AM   #77
Expert Member

Jun 2010
CA

Finally got to see this in Imax 3D and was quite pleased with the 3D. Night and day difference in 3D quality between this and Clash. Much better acted and made movie too in my opinion. Liebesman did a great job making it gritty. You really feel bad when someone get's punched or thrown around lol.

And while I agree the layers in probably could've been pushed a tad more, what really popped really made an impression and wowed me at points. Some really fantastic popouts!

Story also had more heart than the first which I really dug. However, I'm not sure how I feel about the ending

*SPOILERS!!!!!!!!*

Why did Zeus have to die???!!! :*( I really hope he comes back in the next one. I think it be epic if they had humanity restore their faith in the Gods in order for Zeus's return imo
Old 04-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #78
Expert Member

Jul 2010

Has this movie done well at the box office? The first one did very well.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #79

Jan 2012

Saw this in IMAX3D, I enjoyed it more than the first, which I feel asleep in. The 3D was quite good, obviously certain sequences seemed to get all the effort and others were a bit flat in comparison. The biggest issue for me was the murky pallette and the poor resolution, this wasn't the sharpest film in the world. I saw Titanic the day after on the same screen and was blown away by how much better the PQ was. Still, Wrath is quite a scenic film on BR probably a worthy purchase.
Active: 120 inch Optoma HD33 DLP FullHD 3D Projector
Passive: 27 inch LG 3D TV
Old 04-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #80
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbug View Post
Has this movie done well at the box office? The first one did very well.
According to Box office mojo the US total as of April 9th is $60,315,740 I believe Clash made 60 million opening weekend so its not doing as well as Clash link below:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...thetitans2.htm
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies