Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$13.39
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.91
McLintock! (Blu-ray)
$10.20
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 04-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #2801
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by househead View Post
Just found some. Gotta start saving!

http://www.swingpanels.com/StoreModu...Panel-Displays

[Show spoiler]

$1400!!! Ouch! Need to look for a retail store going out of business who may have one of those, that is a lot of cash, but pretty cool at the same time.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #2802
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
Congrats on getting the print, sorry for the late response, was tied up with ECCC this past weekend. I am sure the variant for 20,000 Leagues will be up eventually on Sideshow's website, you should try for it as well.
Kinsella,

You sure there is a variant for this one? I am not sure why I was left with the impression that they were only getting the Tom Whalen prints, but that was the thought going through my head. I hope you are right and there is a variant as I'd love to have another shot at this one.

Does Ken Taylor have his own website and sell his own prints by any chance?
Old 04-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #2803
Power Member

Sep 2010
Cincinnati

Quote:
Originally Posted by roar View Post
Kinsella,

You sure there is a variant for this one? I am not sure why I was left with the impression that they were only getting the Tom Whalen prints, but that was the thought going through my head. I hope you are right and there is a variant as I'd love to have another shot at this one.

Does Ken Taylor have his own website and sell his own prints by any chance?
I was under the impression it's for all their Disney related prints because the Ansin Tron set will have a variant sideshow release at some point.
Michael Myers Scare Prank
http://youtu.be/Seff-IsTO_0

Tron Legacy: Aerosol Mural
http://vimeo.com/23641625
Old 04-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #2804

Jan 2012

Quote:
Just found some. Gotta start saving!

http://www.swingpanels.com/StoreModu...Panel-Displays

this is a great idea! imma see if i can find something like this.. locally..hmm and maybe cheaper..
Old 04-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #2805
Special Member

Sep 2007
Jersey

yeah like roar said I'll check locally and hope for a deal. A FYE store just went out business down the street. Or craigslist.

This might be the exact stand the FYE had. $353 new - could probably snag one for $100 on craigslist or out of business sale. The hunt begins!

http://www.posterdisplays4sale.com/S...rage-10-Panels

So sweet, so dead.

Last edited by househead; 04-03-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:33 AM   #2806

Jan 2012

so ive had this poster for a while.. original French La Planete Sauvage (Fantastic Planet) Poster i picked up a while back. It Measure 47 x 63

And i was actually thinking instead of custom framing it. I would try go another route and see if i myself could do something like using Plexi.

Would it cost me more if i did it myself? or should i just shell out the money to get it framed?

Also.. Any ideas on how i could remove the crease folds from this poster.. it came folded.. so..i really want to flatten it out.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #2807
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ntacos View Post
so ive had this poster for a while.. original French La Planete Sauvage (Fantastic Planet) Poster i picked up a while back. It Measure 47 x 63

[Show spoiler]

And i was actually thinking instead of custom framing it. I would try go another route and see if i myself could do something like using Plexi.

Would it cost me more if i did it myself? or should i just shell out the money to get it framed?

Also.. Any ideas on how i could remove the crease folds from this poster.. it came folded.. so..i really want to flatten it out.
I'd be curious to hear what Kinsella has to say about trying to get the folds out of the poster... the fact that the poster was folded originally I think is a something you want to maintain and attempts to remove the folds would likely lead to damage and remove some of the 'proof' that it is an original. I'll be honest and say I'm making this theory up off the top of my head as I do not really collect posters prior to the 2000's and those have all really come rolled. I'd also gladly listen to anything Kinsella may have to say about posters coming folded in the past or any other history he tends to add to this topic
Old 04-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #2808

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by roar View Post
I'd be curious to hear what Kinsella has to say about trying to get the folds out of the poster... the fact that the poster was folded originally I think is a something you want to maintain and attempts to remove the folds would likely lead to damage and remove some of the 'proof' that it is an original. I'll be honest and say I'm making this theory up off the top of my head as I do not really collect posters prior to the 2000's and those have all really come rolled. I'd also gladly listen to anything Kinsella may have to say about posters coming folded in the past or any other history he tends to add to this topic
Now that you mention it. I'm pretty curious myself now what Kinsella has to say bout the folds.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:58 AM   #2809
Special Member

Sep 2007
Jersey

I don't know about the folds but that poster makes me want to see the movie. Got to check that out!
So sweet, so dead.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #2810

Sep 2011
Middle of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ntacos View Post

I would think the plexi would be more expensive, depending on your source of the plexi.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #2811
Suspended

Jul 2011
Huntington Beach

Just got these 2 framed and matted. I think it looks sick!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #2812

Jan 2012

Quote:
I don't know about the folds but that poster makes me want to see the movie. Got to check that out!

Ya its pretty cool and trippy animation lol. Old. but nice
Old 04-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #2813

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cto15 View Post
I would think the plexi would be more expensive, depending on your source of the plexi.

Ya you're probably right. :/
Old 04-06-2012, 03:53 AM   #2814
Expert Member

Jan 2011
Columbus, Ohio

Finally got my first prints in from Mondo, lookin' good I must say!

XBox Live: Allforce
PSN: AllforcePSN
Old 04-06-2012, 04:08 AM   #2815

Jan 2011
Gotham City

that's Phookin' AWESOME!!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 04:09 AM   #2816

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allforce View Post

looking good ;D
Old 04-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #2817
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2007
Bronx, New York
Send a message via AIM to saprano

I'm about the buy my first movie poster for my room and was wondering which site is the best to buy from? So far i found this-

http://www.moviepostershop.com/

The poster i want- http://www.moviepostershop.com/back-...er-1985/IF7318 I also plan to buy jarassic park, ET and star wars. But only one for now so i can see how it looks.

I know there are different kinds; real, fake etc. Im not looking for the most authentic posters, just something of good quality.

Also what does style A mean?

I only read the first 3 pages, this thread is big, sorry if these questions were already answered.
Pioneer Kuro 151FD|Samung 40"
Pioneer Elite SC-37|Onkyo 705
Def Tech speakers/Def Tech Sub
Oppo BDP-103|PS3 phat 60gig|PS3 slim120gig|APC H15
New Addition -SVS SB13 Ultra

Last edited by saprano; 04-06-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #2818
Power Member

Sep 2010
Cincinnati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allforce View Post

Those look awesome...speaking of PCC I see those Exorcist and Cabin in the woods prints they did went super fast on the site today. It looks like PCC is becoming the go to artists for Mondo recently.
Michael Myers Scare Prank
http://youtu.be/Seff-IsTO_0

Tron Legacy: Aerosol Mural
http://vimeo.com/23641625
Old 04-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #2819
Expert Member

Jan 2011
Columbus, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
I'm about the buy my first movie poster for my room and was wondering which site is the best to buy from? So far i found this-

http://www.moviepostershop.com/

The poster i want- http://www.moviepostershop.com/back-...er-1985/IF7318 I also plan to buy jarassic park, ET and star wars. But only one for now so i can see how it looks.

I know there are different kinds; real, fake etc. Im not looking for the most authentic posters, just something of good quality.

Also what does style A mean?

I only read the first 3 pages, this thread is big, sorry if these questions were already answered.
I believe "style A/B/C" is just a naming convention, if there are 3 different posters made by a studio they follow the letter naming. Then there are companies that make reprints/unofficial prints that the studio didn't create and just continue to follow that naming. So thats why you'll see stuff like "Style F" or "Style D" when there was really only one "official' poster put out for the film's release.
XBox Live: Allforce
PSN: AllforcePSN
Old 04-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #2820
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckT43 View Post
Thanks K. In my search I found a great poster forum I was unaware of. There is quite a history of tales concerning this seller. Sadly I learned of another seller who I thought was selling originals (bradburried) is not according to all the members who know more than I do. Unfortunately I purchased a Star Trek First Contact advance from him and had it signed by one cast member already. I planed on having more sign it very soon. So now the research begins to determin authenticity. Is it common for these guys to fake the glossy posters as well?
Yeah there are some other sites devoted to posters which are good and I think I know which one you were referring to with regards to discussion of the seller bradburied who I too have heard deals in a lot of reprints and fakes too. From what I have noticed in the past those who deal with fakes sometimes intermix originals for newer films as well, so you may have an original for Star Trek First Contact and perhaps they sell reprints of older titles.
K5
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater General Discussion