COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rocksmith 2014 Edition (PS3)
$39.99
Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS3)
$24.99
Battlefield 4 (PS3)
$21.76
Disney Infinity (PS3)
$49.32
WWE 2K14 (PS3)
$23.99
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PS3)
$9.99
FIFA 14 (PS3)
$29.57
NBA 2K14 (PS3)
$24.99
Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS3)
$30.65
Diablo III (PS3)
$25.43
Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)
$19.99
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
$34.99
Dark Souls II (PS3)
$74.99
Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi (PS3)
$26.62
WWE '13 (PS3)
$19.99
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (PS3)
$10.41
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil (PS3)
$24.82
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$27.10
Hakuoki (PS3)
$39.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 03-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #2601
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2006
Stowe, Pennsylvania
Default Skyrim's 1.5 Update is Brutal

http://www.ign.com

Bethesda adds new kill moves and camera in update 1.5.

If you own the Steam version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, you can download a beta version of the 1.5 update to enable some violent features.

Bethesda has added new kill moves and animations for melee weapons, as well as kill cameras for magic spells and bows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6A7ZJq9GclI

These updates will be added to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game at some point soon in the future.

You can find a full list of the 1.5 change log over on Bethesda's site, which includes "Lydia will now offer marriage option after player purchases Breezehome in Whiterun." Finally, no more living together in shame!

UPDATE 1.5 (all platforms unless noted)

NEW FEATURES

- New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
- New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
- Shadows on grass available (PC)
- Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s value
- Improved visual transition when going underwater
- Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes

BUG FIXES

- General crash fixes and memory optimizations
- Fixed issue with Deflect Arrows perk not calculating properly
- In "A Cornered Rat," the death of certain NPCs no longer blocks progression
- Fixed issue where Farkas would not give Companion's quests properly
- Fixed crash when loading saves that rely on data that is no longer being loaded
- Followers sneak properly when player is sneaking
- Fixed issue with weapon racks not working properly in Proudspire Manor
- Arrows and other projectiles that were stuck in objects in the world now clean up properly
- Fixed issue where "Rescue Mission" was preventing "Taking Care of Business" from starting properly
- Fixed issue where certain NPCs would fail to become Thieves Guild fences
- Fixed issue in "Diplomatic Immunity" where killing all the guards in the Thalmor Embassy before starting the quest would break progress
- In "Hard Answers," picking up the dwarven museum key after completing the quest, no longer restarts the quest
- Killing Viola before or after "Blood on the Ice" no longer blocks progression
- Fixed issue where Calixto would fail to die properly in "Blood on the Ice"
- In "Waking Nightmare" fixed occasional issue where Erandur would stop pathing properly
- Fixed issue where letters and notes with random encounters would appear blank
- Fixed rare issue where dialogue and shouts would improperly play
- Lydia will now offer marriage option after player purchases Breezehome in Whiterun
- Fixed issue where if player manually mined ore in Cidhna Mine, jail time would not be served
- Fixed rare issue with skills not increasing properly
- Fixed issue where the Headsman's Axe did not gain proper buff from Barbarian perk
- In "A Night to Remember" it is no longer possible to kill Ysolda, Ennis or Senna before starting the quest
- Fixed issue with the ebony dagger having a weapon speed that was too slow
- Fixed issue with "The Wolf Queen Awakened" where backing out of a conversation with Styrr too soon would block progress
- The third level of the Limbsplitter perk now properly improves all battle axes
- Fixed a rare issue where Sanguine Rose would not work properly
- In "Tending the Flames" King Olaf's Verse will no longer disappear from explosions

Download the 1.5 Beta Update on Steam

If you’d like to download the 1.5 Beta Update on Steam, you’ll need to follow these steps:

1. Log into Steam
2. Click on Steam in the upper menu
3. Select Settings
4. Under the Account tab, go to the Beta Participation section and select Change.
5. A drop down menu will appear. Select Skyrim Beta.
6. Select OK.
7. Steam will now restart. After Steam restarts, Skyrim will be updated to the Beta version currently available.

If you opt into the Beta, be sure to back up your saved games or simply be careful not to overwrite your existing saves. If you decide to opt out of the beta program, your old saves will still work with the current release of Skyrim on Steam (v 1.4.27).

If you decide you don’t want to run the Beta anymore, redo steps 1 – 4. At the drop down, select NONE – Opt out of all beta programs. Let Steam restart, and Skyrim will automatically update itself back to the latest released version.
PS3/PS4: GrimReaper4383 PSN Level: 28 8/25/14
360/Xbone: CMaggotbone
Trophy 6,700 8/25/14 PS+ Member Since 12/6/2010
Pre-Ordered: 8 Games - 2 Blu-Ray Movies Twitter FaceBook
My Blu-Ray Collection My PS3 Games My PS4 Games My Xbox One Games

Last edited by Grim Reaper; 03-15-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #2602
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2008
Bay Area 510!!!

Cool update, glad I waited to get Married, "Lydia, will you marry me"
When i got home that evening, I went straight to the garage and practiced my draw and SHOUT techniques as well as my roll, somersault and aim drills and made myself a promise that I would never ever be caught off-guard again.-dfinch

SF GIANTS 2010 & 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #2603
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2006
Stowe, Pennsylvania

forgot to add what the update does.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #2604
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2006
Stowe, Pennsylvania

Old 03-16-2012, 12:38 AM   #2605
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011

Glad they're fixing the display racks. This is the second fix for them isn't it. So far I've lost a weapon I had equiped when I went to retrieve an old one I hung up. It just completely disappeared from my inventory and I couldn't find it in the room either. I don't remember which house it was in.

Would be nice if they added "My House" like they did in Oblivion, especially in Windhelm where every house looks the same.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:43 AM   #2606
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_393 View Post
I haven't noticed any graphic degradation either.

The daedric artifacts are worth using guides to acquire - if anybody reading this has yet to attempt it, feel no shame in looking it up online before you begin.
I agree, anybody who wants the daedric stuff NEEDS to get some cheat notes. All of the daedric quests I failed, I didn't even know were daedric quests until days, if not weeks later.

I've actually got the guidebook, but stopped reading when I got to the quests section, for fear of spoilers. That was a HUGE mistake in terms of the daedric quests. Maybe by the time I feel like going back through half the game, Bethesda will figure out an update that'll let you redo failed quests without starting over.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:53 AM   #2607

Jul 2009
Perth, Australia

I started a second game just so I could do all the daedric quests again. By the time I finally got that trophy I was so sick of the game I never wanted to play it again. That's probably because I was retreading the same ground over again, so when the expansion packs come out I'll probably pick it up again.
I haven't actually played the game with the latest patches yet(got the plat whilst on 1.03), so it should be a nice surprise when I do play it again.
Reviewers exist to judge the content, not judge the viewer.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #2608
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Been playing Skyrim for a few weeks now. I'm not sure if I like it better than Oblivion or not. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game but there are certain things about Oblivion I liked better. For one, the graphics in Skyrim are so drab and gloomy. Not at all like the bright vivid color pallette in Oblivion. Of course I'm sure this was intentional as to set the proper tone of the story but I must admit, the game to me is just not as pretty to look at as Oblivion was. Also, I don't like like the fact that you cannot set as many favorites for fast access as you could in Oblivion. Also, for some reason to me all the weapon and armour designs aren't as cool looking to me as they were in Oblivion. Also, I really miss the arena. It was one of my absolute favorite things in Oblivion. I miss having that gameplay aspect in Skyrim.
"Rocky Top you'll always be, home sweet home to me! Good ol' Rocky Top! Rocky Top Tennessee!"
Old 03-29-2012, 03:54 AM   #2609
Power Member

Jul 2009
Georgia PSN:Bodyslide

Got the CE from New Egg today played about 30 minutes then had to goto work..... man this game will get addicting fast....
PSN:Bodyslide
Receiver:Onkyo TX-NR616
Fronts:(2) Pioneer SP-FS52-LR
Center:Pioneer SP-C22
Rears:(2) Pioneer SP-BS22-LR
Sub:BIC America F12
Old 04-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #2610

May 2007

Anyone download the 1.5 patch today? It basicly broke the game. I now can't touch water without the whole game freezing up. The entire PS3 freezes up so that I have to eject the game & pop it back in; resulting in the PS3 beeping three times & reseting itself.

I managed to tip-toe around the water in one area just trying to see how bad the glitch is, & I actually made it to a keep that had water traps. The grate opened up, I fell in, & just as soon as I touched the water, that was it.

WTH is going on here? Anyone else having issues since this patch?
Toshiba 52LX177 LCD Full 1080p
Onkyo 7:1 Receiver
Creative 7:1 Surround Sound THX
PS3 60 Model & 320 Slim
12 PSN Games & 21 PS3 Games
Blu-ray Movies 227 & Counting

I Do Blu
Old 04-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #2611
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2008
Bay Area 510!!!

Haven't touched this game in a few weeks, I was gonna get back on this weekend, but only if I can bypass this most recent update
When i got home that evening, I went straight to the garage and practiced my draw and SHOUT techniques as well as my roll, somersault and aim drills and made myself a promise that I would never ever be caught off-guard again.-dfinch

SF GIANTS 2010 & 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #2612
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2006
Stowe, Pennsylvania

skyrim ipad app

69.4mb

Old 04-06-2012, 04:21 AM   #2613
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2007
Tonawanda, NY

No issues ... kill shots took me by surprise. A nice addition...
“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.”
― Christopher Hitchens

PSN ID EyeDocSteve. Sportin' a 52" Sony Bravia XBR4, Launch PS4, Onkyo 805 A/V Receiver, Polk Monitor 50's (Fronts and Surrounds), CS1 Center, eD A2-300 Subwoofer.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #2614

May 2007

Why hasn't Bethesda fix this issue already? It's very hard to play the game trying to dodge the water all the time. This is BS.
Toshiba 52LX177 LCD Full 1080p
Onkyo 7:1 Receiver
Creative 7:1 Surround Sound THX
PS3 60 Model & 320 Slim
12 PSN Games & 21 PS3 Games
Blu-ray Movies 227 & Counting

I Do Blu
Old 04-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #2615
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin410 View Post
Why hasn't Bethesda fix this issue already? It's very hard to play the game trying to dodge the water all the time. This is BS.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...kill-cams.aspx

In case you don't want to go to the link. This is what it said(April 6th)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameinformer
Bethesda said it fixed an issue with the new update that caused the game to freeze when going underwater. A representative sent Game Informer the following statement:

We were made aware of the underwater/freezing issue yesterday, and with the help of our community, we’ve found a solution.

From the PlayStation 3 XMB menu, players should delete all Game Data for Skyrim(not to be confused with the user’s game saves). After deleting the two Game Data files – one from the game’s mandatory HDD install and one for the game’s title update -- players will need to wait for the title update and mandatory hdd install to reinstall.

Upon returning to the game, the issue should no longer exist. We’ve pinned this information in the forums and included a mention on Bethesda Blog.

Regarding the archery issue, the damage being done in-game is fine, but the damage being displayed may be incorrect. Our team is looking into this further
St. Louis Cardinals and St. Louis Rams fan.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #2616
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DForLife View Post
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...kill-cams.aspx

In case you don't want to go to the link. This is what it said(April 6th)

I'm still taking a break from Skyrim right now, before going back to an old save and essentially replaying half the game to get the daedric trophy and with it the plat. I miss playing, and it bugs me being so close to a plat, yet so far away, considering how much more time I'll need to invest retracing my steps. But I think I'll avoid the latest update when I do start playing again. Sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #2617
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011

It's definetly addictive. Once you start exploring, it's hard to pull away from the controller. I'd think it'd be easier to play than most when you don't have much time though. The good thing about RPGs, like Skyrim, you can save anywhere. If all you have time for is to walk ten feet, you save it and the game will remember exactly where you stopped. Unlike most games where if you don't have enough time to get to the next checkpoint, you just have to chalk it up to experience and start from the beginning the next time. I can't even fathom playing those games where there are no checkpoints at all. I normally don't put a game in unless I know I've got at least the better part of an hour to play.

Last edited by MoulinBlu; 04-14-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #2618
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoulinBlu View Post
It's definetly addictive. Once you start exploring, it's hard to pull away from the controller. I'd think it'd be easier to play than most when you don't have much time though. The good thing about RPGs, like Skyrim, you can save anywhere. If all you have time for is to walk ten feet, you save it and the game will remember exactly where you stopped. Unlike most games where if you don't have enough time to get to the next checkpoint, you just have to chalk it up to experience and start from the beginning the next time. I can't even fathom playing those games where there are no checkpoints at all. I normally don't put a game in unless I know I've got at least the better part of an hour to play.
Indeed, I share your appreciation for games that you can save virtually anywhere and anytime. I like to play mornings before work, and sometimes I only get a half hour. It's good for marital relationships, too. "Okay, just gotta save my game" sounds a lot better than "Sorry, gotta wait for the next checkpoint."
Old 04-15-2012, 12:42 AM   #2619
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011

That's weird. There was a post between my two posts above, that my second post was in response to. Now it's gone or else I'm losing my mind.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:09 AM   #2620
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

So who's playing Dawnguard tomorrow?

CANT.

WAIT!!!
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPS!!!!

PS gamertag: Merrick97
Xbox 360: Merrick97
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3