COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Audio Signature Classical Collection (Blu-ray)
$144.01
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Smurfs 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Los Angeles Kings: 2014 Stanley Cup Champions (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$74.35
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Cuban Fury (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Dragonwolf (Blu-ray)
$18.20
Curtains (Blu-ray)
$17.47
Last Vegas (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Technology, News and General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #101
banibale banibale is offline
Active Member
 
banibale's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
BRONX, NY
35
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydlp View Post
I recently purchased a new TV. Its an LG 42" 3D TV.
Did I buy it for the 3D? No.
But it won't hurt to have it as an option. I've maybe 4-hours of total 3D programming on my TV. Some concerts, sports, docs and movies.
Some are better than others.

Is 3D going away? IMO no but I don't see invading every household either.
Personally, I think the majority of folks over 40 are not interested in 3D.
I don't see many women of any age interested in 3D either. For me, the 3D market is primarily men in their mid 20's to mid 30's.
I'm not basing this on any facts but my own opinion based on interactions with friends and family.
When I told my friends I got a new 3D TV, nearly all women responded by saying.Oo.."so you have to watch everything in 3D?".
The recession is still happening so people don't have the money to buy a new TV, let alone a 3D TV.
In another year or two, sales might pick up.

For me, the current content available in 3D is not great. Yes, I have a dedicated 3D TV channel but the content varies. Not everything is of interest to me.

Movie wise...to much animation, too much CGI, to much converted crap from 2D to 3D.
When I first seen Avatar, it did nothing for me. It was just meh.
To date, the first and only 3D content to actually impress me was Jackass 3D.
There are some brilliant 3D shots in that movie. The lack of CGI helps greatly IMO.

That's what I'd like to see more of. More real people, real action and less CGI or animation.

The other day, I was browsing through the 3D movies available to buy. The content more or less consisted of animated movies or documentary's. There was a few blockbusters in there such as Thor and Transformers but other than that, the selection is poor.

I think with better content, 3D has a good chance of catching on rather than just sticking around.
I don't Think avatar was made for 2D it had the success in the box office because the 3D helped the colors and the feeling Of being in another world. I agreed there's a 3d market With alot of cheap convertions and the best ones are animated films, but if the studios and movie makers can apply The 3d goodness like they did in Hugo maybe 3D will get stronger and respected.
combo setup :110 " Elite Screens TE110HW2-E24 Motorized EPSON 5020UB 3D projector with OPPO 103 || TV: 70" Sony KDL-70R550A with OPPO 93|| PS4||XBOX ONE ||WII U (black) ||PS3 80G || Onkyo TX-NR609 7.2 Receiver || speakers: Infinity P363BK (2). || Infinity PC351BK (center). | (4) JBL ES10B || Infinity PS410BK subs (2).| Monster Power HDP2500 Power Center || Harmony 1100

Last edited by banibale; 03-06-2012 at 12:58 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #102
AndyD AndyD is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
AndyD's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
Ireland, Dublin
387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc. View Post
I think that's where you're wrong. And you backed this up yourself:



But do you have 3D in your household? Yes.

So it invades households just by the fact it's already a standard in TV-sets.
Now and especially in the future, when you buy a TV, it will most likely support 3D.

Like I've said before, probably early in this very thread, in the future, 3D will be as normal and common (if not more) as 2D.
This is no "futuristic tech ideal", this is a technology that simply will be there, and it's already here, just to be improved and expanded upon.

And like I've also said before, it wouldn't be a surprise to me if 3D would become THE standard way of viewing images, so taking it even a step further.
And yes, as in completely replacing 2D altogether. Because, like I said, 3D shouldn't be seen as something "special" as an "effect.
3D is what the human sight sees...
So, again, it wouldn't come as a surprise to me if in some decades or longer, everything would be in 3D by default,
and everything that was originally in 2D will simply be shown in 2D.
Because... glasses-less 3D already exists, and the screens are already around the corner.
I have little doubt there will be screens that dynamically show 3D and 2D as necessary.

So, at the moment, it IS invading households, whether you choose to have 3D or not.

I would definitely like to have 3D, especially for games on the PS3 and stuff.
And that while I simply bought a TV a year too early and other people, like older couples or whatever, have 3D simply because it came with the TV...
I'm sure plenty of older people have been calling tech-support like "The screen is all blurry, what's wrong with it?...",
not realizing "3D was activated" or something.

I think "3D is the future", but not in the way most people think about it, as this troublesome cheap effect that gives you a headache.
I think it will be a proper standard way of viewing video that won't be seen as something special or annoying at all.
Except for the whining 80-year-old purists that complain about how the old days were "real" and no-bull 2D.
Well, not that I think it would happen th醫 soon... Probably or maybe after us...
I have to disagree. Its "invaded" my home but I'm only one person so I'm not counting myself as "every home".
True, it could come as standard in all future TV's but that's only a maybe and not a guarantee.
We've had HD TV's for a few years now but there are people out there who still own 'old school' TV's. Heck, I still have an 'old school' TV in my house and it still gets used.

Again, you could be right and 3D will come as standard but invade every home, or the vast majority for that matter, I don't think so.
If it does happen then its going to be a helluva long time before it does (as you have said).

Additionally, it would be pointless to include 3D as standard if there's no (good) content available to compliment it.

You gotta remember too that every country, continent, territory etc is different. For example, its a lot cheaper in America to buy a HD/3D TV than it is in Ireland.
Even reading through some pages in these forums, I see some users saying they have 60+ 3D titles in their collection.
I have one...Piranha 3D and I had that before I even owned a 3D enabled TV.
If I wanted to build up my 3D collection, I have very, very little titles available to me. Even Amazon UK doesn't carry that many 3D titles.
Whether that's down to studios not releasing 3D titles in Europe or whether its due to lack of demand, it still pales in comparison to the choices available in the U.S.

One could use that as an indication of demand, or lack thereof (that's up to the individual).

So yeah, 3D could invade every household in the future...in the U.S but in other countries (Ireland), I just can't see it happening even though we're a tech savvy nation.
Proud member of the Blu Clan


10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 50% Pain =
100% Reason to Remember the Name
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #103
Captain Kirk Captain Kirk is offline
Banned
 
Feb 2012
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydlp View Post
I recently purchased a new TV. Its an LG 42" 3D TV.
Did I buy it for the 3D? No.
But it won't hurt to have it as an option. I've maybe 4-hours of total 3D programming on my TV. Some concerts, sports, docs and movies.
Some are better than others.

Is 3D going away? IMO no but I don't see invading every household either.
Personally, I think the majority of folks over 40 are not interested in 3D.
I don't see many women of any age interested in 3D either. For me, the 3D market is primarily men in their mid 20's to mid 30's.
I'm not basing this on any facts but my own opinion based on interactions with friends and family.
When I told my friends I got a new 3D TV, nearly all women responded by saying..."so you have to watch everything in 3D?".
The recession is still happening so people don't have the money to buy a new TV, let alone a 3D TV.
In another year or two, sales might pick up.

For me, the current content available in 3D is not great. Yes, I have a dedicated 3D TV channel but the content varies. Not everything is of interest to me.

Movie wise...to much animation, too much CGI, to much converted crap from 2D to 3D.
When I first seen Avatar, it did nothing for me. It was just meh.
To date, the first and only 3D content to actually impress me was Jackass 3D.
There are some brilliant 3D shots in that movie. The lack of CGI helps greatly IMO.

That's what I'd like to see more of. More real people, real action and less CGI or animation.

The other day, I was browsing through the 3D movies available to buy. The content more or less consisted of animated movies or documentary's. There was a few blockbusters in there such as Thor and Transformers but other than that, the selection is poor.

I think with better content, 3D has a good chance of catching on rather than just sticking around.
Why are women singled out in your post?

Anyway, I think that 3D adoption will continue to grow for most of the reasons Damage Inc. has stated. More and more TV's, even lower end models, are adding 3D as a standard feature. Will the adoption be as fast as HDTV was? Of course not. Millions of people that upgraded to an HDTV within the last few years won't rush out to buy a new TV yet. I would say that in the next 3-5 years that newer buyers and those with older 720P HDTV sets will upgrade to a TV with 3D part of the package.

Does that mean that everyone who buys a 3D enabled HDTV will rush out and buy 3D equipment and films? No. But, for those with an interest, PS3 (or whatever comes next) will have the access ready for them and they may buy a few here and there, which is enough to support the new displays. Some may dive in head first after that, it's all about giving someone the option and letting them run with it. It worked with HDTV and HD Movies.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #104
AndyD AndyD is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
AndyD's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
Ireland, Dublin
387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
Why are women singled out in your post?

Anyway, I think that 3D adoption will continue to grow for most of the reasons Damage Inc. has stated. More and more TV's, even lower end models, are adding 3D as a standard feature. Will the adoption be as fast as HDTV was? Of course not. Millions of people that upgraded to an HDTV within the last few years won't rush out to buy a new TV yet. I would say that in the next 3-5 years that newer buyers and those with older 720P HDTV sets will upgrade to a TV with 3D part of the package.

Does that mean that everyone who buys a 3D enabled HDTV will rush out and buy 3D equipment and films? No. But, for those with an interest, PS3 (or whatever comes next) will have the access ready for them and they may buy a few here and there, which is enough to support the new displays. Some may dive in head first after that, it's all about giving someone the option and letting them run with it. It worked with HDTV and HD Movies.
I stated "nearly" all women. I'm not singling them out in the way you're implying. I'm merely stating a fact based on my own experiences. Nothing more, nothing less.

I agree with the rest of your post
Proud member of the Blu Clan


10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 50% Pain =
100% Reason to Remember the Name
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #105
wvl wvl is offline
Special Member
 
wvl's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
SoCal, planet Earth
27
1660
17
60
Default Good news for haters; Samsung no longer believes in 3D TV

That's cause Samsung can't make a good 3D TV and a 3D blu ray player. I own a Samsung TV... oh sure, they look great, but don't last long. Pretty picture, but dies early.

Thanks, but no thanks, I've gone back to Sony. At least my TV and blu ray player will last awhile.

Calling Samsung to have warranty work done is a joke to say the least. With my Sony stuff, I've never had to call for service work. I guess I have been lucky in regards to that. But my luck is short lived when it comes to Samsung.
Blu-ray Player/s: Sony BDP-S6200, BDP-S790, BDP-S780, BDP-S770 and BDP-S1
PS3: PlayStation 3 Console 60GB Hard Drive
Audio1 : Pioneer SC-57 (9.2)
Speakers: BOSE Acoustimass 16 Series II
Audio 2: BOSE 3𠂹 Series II DVD Home Entertainment System (which is in the whoopy factor room)
Video 1: Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929 55-Inch 1080p 3D LCD HDTV
Video 2: Samsung LN52B630 52 1080p LCD HDTV
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #106
wvl wvl is offline
Special Member
 
wvl's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
SoCal, planet Earth
27
1660
17
60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydlp View Post
I recently purchased a new TV. Its an LG 42" 3D TV.
Did I buy it for the 3D? No.
But it won't hurt to have it as an option. I've maybe 4-hours of total 3D programming on my TV. Some concerts, sports, docs and movies.
Some are better than others.

Is 3D going away? IMO no but I don't see invading every household either.
Personally, I think the majority of folks over 40 are not interested in 3D.
I don't see many women of any age interested in 3D either. For me, the 3D market is primarily men in their mid 20's to mid 30's.
I'm not basing this on any facts but my own opinion based on interactions with friends and family.
When I told my friends I got a new 3D TV, nearly all women responded by saying..."so you have to watch everything in 3D?".
The recession is still happening so people don't have the money to buy a new TV, let alone a 3D TV.
In another year or two, sales might pick up.

For me, the current content available in 3D is not great. Yes, I have a dedicated 3D TV channel but the content varies. Not everything is of interest to me.

Movie wise...to much animation, too much CGI, to much converted crap from 2D to 3D.
When I first seen Avatar, it did nothing for me. It was just meh.
To date, the first and only 3D content to actually impress me was Jackass 3D.
There are some brilliant 3D shots in that movie. The lack of CGI helps greatly IMO.

That's what I'd like to see more of. More real people, real action and less CGI or animation.

The other day, I was browsing through the 3D movies available to buy. The content more or less consisted of animated movies or documentary's. There was a few blockbusters in there such as Thor and Transformers but other than that, the selection is poor.

I think with better content, 3D has a good chance of catching on rather than just sticking around.
Dude, you could not be further from the truth. Speak for yourself when you talk about ages and who is interested in 3D technology or not. From what you wrote, I am left with the impression that you have hardly any life experiences at all. So when you write about different people and the common likes and dislikes regarding technoligy, I'd do a whole lot more study if I was you, because you are flat wrong. That or you hang with the wrong kind of people.
Blu-ray Player/s: Sony BDP-S6200, BDP-S790, BDP-S780, BDP-S770 and BDP-S1
PS3: PlayStation 3 Console 60GB Hard Drive
Audio1 : Pioneer SC-57 (9.2)
Speakers: BOSE Acoustimass 16 Series II
Audio 2: BOSE 3𠂹 Series II DVD Home Entertainment System (which is in the whoopy factor room)
Video 1: Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929 55-Inch 1080p 3D LCD HDTV
Video 2: Samsung LN52B630 52 1080p LCD HDTV
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #107
wvl wvl is offline
Special Member
 
wvl's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
SoCal, planet Earth
27
1660
17
60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengoblin View Post
Oh well i said 3d was a fad and it was failing but people told me I was stupid and ignorant.
I don't think you're stupid, but I do think you're wrong. Progress cannot be stopped. 3D technology is part of progress. Just because people hate something doesn't mean it is going away. Besides, after 3D, there will be hologram TV and then smell-a-vision. Can't wait...
Blu-ray Player/s: Sony BDP-S6200, BDP-S790, BDP-S780, BDP-S770 and BDP-S1
PS3: PlayStation 3 Console 60GB Hard Drive
Audio1 : Pioneer SC-57 (9.2)
Speakers: BOSE Acoustimass 16 Series II
Audio 2: BOSE 3𠂹 Series II DVD Home Entertainment System (which is in the whoopy factor room)
Video 1: Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929 55-Inch 1080p 3D LCD HDTV
Video 2: Samsung LN52B630 52 1080p LCD HDTV
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #108
Damage Inc. Damage Inc. is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Damage Inc.'s Avatar
 
Jan 2009
The Netherlands
360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvl View Post
I don't think you're stupid, but I do think you're wrong. Progress cannot be stopped. 3D technology is part of progress. Just because people hate something doesn't mean it is going away. Besides, after 3D, there will be hologram TV and then smell-a-vision. Can't wait...
And also, just because people hate something, doesn't mean it will stay the same.
It would probably be hated less and accepted more if it would just be better in quality.
If it was more "normal" or a regular thing to look at.
"Many great films fail and many shitty movies make a lot of money." - John Landis

BD Wishlist: - Prince of Egypt - Hunchback of Notre Dame - Beverly Hills Cop - Bowfinger - Multiplicity - One Hour Photo - Series: - Over There - Flashpoint - Monk - Friends - My Name Is Earl - Music: - Maiden Rock In Rio - MetallicA S&M - Godsmack Changes - Ramms+ein Berlin - SlipKnoT Disasterpieces - Ozzy At Budokan - Satriani SF
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #109
wvl wvl is offline
Special Member
 
wvl's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
SoCal, planet Earth
27
1660
17
60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc. View Post
And also, just because people hate something, doesn't mean it will stay the same.
It would probably be hated less and accepted more if it would just be better in quality.
If it was more "normal" or a regular thing to look at.
Agreed.
Blu-ray Player/s: Sony BDP-S6200, BDP-S790, BDP-S780, BDP-S770 and BDP-S1
PS3: PlayStation 3 Console 60GB Hard Drive
Audio1 : Pioneer SC-57 (9.2)
Speakers: BOSE Acoustimass 16 Series II
Audio 2: BOSE 3𠂹 Series II DVD Home Entertainment System (which is in the whoopy factor room)
Video 1: Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929 55-Inch 1080p 3D LCD HDTV
Video 2: Samsung LN52B630 52 1080p LCD HDTV
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #110
Damage Inc. Damage Inc. is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Damage Inc.'s Avatar
 
Jan 2009
The Netherlands
360
Lightbulb

^ And to expand on that even more, if people hate something the way it is, I think the creators of it would rather improve it than leave it.
Unless they really don't see it happen and it would be useless and/or too expensive to put any more effort into it, they would drop it.
Kind of like Samsung perhaps did, but other developers will keep on going if they see a brighter (and more tree-dimensional) future.
So yes, like it was already pointed out, it just needs to be developed more.
"Many great films fail and many shitty movies make a lot of money." - John Landis

BD Wishlist: - Prince of Egypt - Hunchback of Notre Dame - Beverly Hills Cop - Bowfinger - Multiplicity - One Hour Photo - Series: - Over There - Flashpoint - Monk - Friends - My Name Is Earl - Music: - Maiden Rock In Rio - MetallicA S&M - Godsmack Changes - Ramms+ein Berlin - SlipKnoT Disasterpieces - Ozzy At Budokan - Satriani SF
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #111
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc. View Post
^ And to expand on that even more, if people hate something the way it is, I think the creators of it would rather improve it than leave it.
Unless they really don't see it happen and it would be useless and/or too expensive to put any more effort into it, they would drop it.
Kind of like Samsung perhaps did, but other developers will keep on going if they see a brighter (and more tree-dimensional) future.
So yes, like it was already pointed out, it just needs to be developed more.
Lol! A subconcious reference to The Lorax 3D...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #112
Damage Inc. Damage Inc. is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Damage Inc.'s Avatar
 
Jan 2009
The Netherlands
360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreyTheater3D View Post
Lol! a subconcious reference to The Lorax 3D...
LOL Didn't notice that typo. XD lmao Tree-dimensional... I guess that's quite a size. :P
"Many great films fail and many shitty movies make a lot of money." - John Landis

BD Wishlist: - Prince of Egypt - Hunchback of Notre Dame - Beverly Hills Cop - Bowfinger - Multiplicity - One Hour Photo - Series: - Over There - Flashpoint - Monk - Friends - My Name Is Earl - Music: - Maiden Rock In Rio - MetallicA S&M - Godsmack Changes - Ramms+ein Berlin - SlipKnoT Disasterpieces - Ozzy At Budokan - Satriani SF
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #113
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc. View Post
LOL Didn't notice that typo. XD lmao Tree-dimensional... I guess that's quite a size. :P
yep - and they've been advertising The Lorax 3D movie as being in IMAX Tree-D...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:29 AM   #114
Nommag Nommag is offline
Special Member
 
Nommag's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand.
6
170
17
Default

I think the inconsistency in 3d quality is certainly not helping the future of 3d. There is a great line of 3d movies now with high standards, john carter & underworld are two current examples. There is no reason why ghost rider should be rubbish and movies like ghost rider will put people off 3d.

Perhaps off Theaters refused to show 3d versions of film because the poor quality of 3d doesn't justify the extra charge some film makers my clean up their acts.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #115
Tok Tok is offline
Special Member
 
Oct 2007
614
5
Default

I'm all for 3D when it is utilized well (shot natively, or detailed post conversion) but I think some in the industry thought they were going to be able to hastily convert older films that weren't intended to be in 3D and charge a premium for the BD. I think their enthusiasm was tempered after people saw how bad a quick post conversion looked (CotT). I think the industry did not properly estimate what consumers will pay for 3D. I'll pay $25 for a well done natively shot or CGI title. Seeing prices at $40+ at BB is not helping consumers upgrade. Also they limited their chances to grow the business the first couple of years by making too many good 3D titles manufacturer and retailer exclusives.
4k... really? The law of diminishing returns is fully in sight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #116
PaulGo PaulGo is offline
Special Member
 
PaulGo's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
North Potomac, MD
Default

More than half of Samsung抯 2012 models include 3D. All use active Bluetooth 3D glasses. The big news: new glasses and new low prices.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....77#post5947977
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #117
Damage Inc. Damage Inc. is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Damage Inc.'s Avatar
 
Jan 2009
The Netherlands
360
Default

^ Cool. Those glasses actually look very light and a lot less bulky than the ones, like the "Oakley's"-type, I've been seeing.
AND they look very universal. I mean, I've tried glasses at a store and they would actually be too large/wide... (What the heck? I'm average-sized...)
And the price is 20 bucks now?... Or did I read it wrong. Even if it's the 50 Dollars mentioned later in the article, that's very doable.
"Many great films fail and many shitty movies make a lot of money." - John Landis

BD Wishlist: - Prince of Egypt - Hunchback of Notre Dame - Beverly Hills Cop - Bowfinger - Multiplicity - One Hour Photo - Series: - Over There - Flashpoint - Monk - Friends - My Name Is Earl - Music: - Maiden Rock In Rio - MetallicA S&M - Godsmack Changes - Ramms+ein Berlin - SlipKnoT Disasterpieces - Ozzy At Budokan - Satriani SF
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #118
MikeCL MikeCL is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
MikeCL's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Connecticut
141
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwblu View Post
About time, I was getting tired of seeing so many TV's being overpriced for something as silly as 3D.
They should of been like some select tv's Add a port so you can buy the 3D glasses emitter I forgot what they call it but it's like $300 or so for the glasses plus the emitter..

That way it lowers the overall cost of the set (not built in) and if gives you the option if you want to have 3D or not.. I think they call them 3D ready sets or whatever.. it's a win-win for everyone.
Got my first Blu-ray on September 28th 2011!
100 Blu-ray's on 2/10/13

PS4 tag= Subaru1324
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #119
kuebel33 kuebel33 is offline
Junior Member
 
Jan 2011
Default

This is kind of contradictory to all the stats that have come out saying that the sales of TV's in general was down last year, however of the TV's that sold, 3D TV's were the best selling TV's and sales went up from the prior year for those... so.. which is it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #120
My_Two_Cents My_Two_Cents is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
My_Two_Cents's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Wherever I may roam....
40
418
19
1
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuebel33 View Post
This is kind of contradictory to all the stats that have come out saying that the sales of TV's in general was down last year, however of the TV's that sold, 3D TV's were the best selling TV's and sales went up from the prior year for those... so.. which is it?
Have you ever heard the saying "there's liars, damn liars and then there's statisticians"? I think it's a little of the later. These days, only the really low-end sets (or small sets) do not come equipped for 3D. Because prices for your average-quality sets have come down, more people are buying them, hence more 3D models being sold. But just because the sets being bought are 3D ready in no way should indicate that's what they are being purchased for.

It's like saying more cars than ever these days are being purchased with MP3 jacks, therefore people are buying them in order to listen to their MP3 players. It's just that MP3 jacks (like 3D) is becoming the de facto standard, whether consumers want/use it or not.

My take, anyway.
Genius has its limits, however there is no limit on stupidity.

Panasonic 60GT30 | Pioneer VSX-33 | Panasonic DMP-BD110 | Emotiva XPA-3
APC H15 | XBox 360 | Sony PS3 Slim
Axiom M80's & VP-180 | Carver Cinema 5.1 surrounds | BIC Accoustech H100

My A/V cabinet build / DIY thread
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Technology, News and General Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:37 PM.