Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96
 
Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.96
22 hrs ago
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99
 
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99
 
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99
 
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$11.99
 
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
 
True Blood: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
22 Jump Street (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (only after you have seen it)
One Star 6 2.00%
Two Stars 3 1.00%
Three Stars 19 6.33%
Four Stars 81 27.00%
Five Stars 191 63.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 06:48 AM   #5941
Mandalorian Mandalorian is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Mandalorian's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
North Richland Hills
24
845
192
125
23
Default

Point taken. I agree.
Top 20 Favorite Films: 1. The Dark Knight 2. The Shawshank Redemption 3. Pulp Fiction 4. The Empire Strikes Back 5. The Departed 6. The Lord of the Rings 7. Casino Royale 8. The Lion King 9. District 9 10. No Country For Old Men 11. Saving Private Ryan 12. Superbad 13. Tropic Thunder 14. Spider-Man 2 15. Jaws 16. Vertigo 17. The Iron Giant 18. Inception 19. Traffic 20. Children of Men
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #5942
Mandalorian Mandalorian is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Mandalorian's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
North Richland Hills
24
845
192
125
23
Default

Major spoiler!!
[Show spoiler]We were right, it seems. The aliens are Skrulls. They're just called by their Utimate universe name in the film, hence the "they're not Skrulls" responses in interviews.


Don't click it. You know you don't want to.
Top 20 Favorite Films: 1. The Dark Knight 2. The Shawshank Redemption 3. Pulp Fiction 4. The Empire Strikes Back 5. The Departed 6. The Lord of the Rings 7. Casino Royale 8. The Lion King 9. District 9 10. No Country For Old Men 11. Saving Private Ryan 12. Superbad 13. Tropic Thunder 14. Spider-Man 2 15. Jaws 16. Vertigo 17. The Iron Giant 18. Inception 19. Traffic 20. Children of Men
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #5943
Michael Bay Fan Michael Bay Fan is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Michael Bay Fan's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
District 13
104
370
215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Smoove View Post
Major spoiler!!
[Show spoiler]We were right, it seems. The aliens are Skrulls. They're just called by their Utimate universe name in the film, hence the "they're not Skrulls" responses in interviews.


Don't click it. You know you don't want to.
I clicked it.
My Blu rays for sale Thread The Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan here. Favorite Movies Of the Year So Far X-Men: Days Of Future Past & The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

I've finished a third draft of my latest script. Which is a comedy called "Life As Liz" with Jen being in mind written as the lead. It's my 12th script.

DL the script in this link and PM me what you think.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #5944
Snicket Snicket is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Snicket's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
331
1
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
A lot of those are bloggers and critics. Their opinion should really matter more to you, because they're a fans eyes into what we expect. At least in my opinion. If they love it, that says something to me.
A blogger is a far cry from a critic in most cases in my eyes. In the end other peoples opinions don't really effect me one way or the other I just like to see other people interpretations, that why I like to read reviews, but it ultimately has no bearing on my own thoughts.

Reading those tweets again you can't take yourself seriously if you reaction to the film was "My body is still recovering from non-stop geeking out". Seriously? Overreact much?


EDIT: I see Variety liked it. I suppose it's hard to properly sum it up in 140 characters or less.
"jump street merging with mib thats clean and rad and powerful" -Johna Hill, Oscar nominated.

Last edited by Snicket; 04-12-2012 at 06:57 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #5945
rubystone356 rubystone356 is offline
Special Member
 
Oct 2007
833
201
Default

mind passing the links for others to read.
thanks

Jacob
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #5946
Walts Ghost Walts Ghost is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Walts Ghost's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Orange County, CA
1407
220
32
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snicket View Post
A blogger is a far cry from a critic in most cases in my eyes. In the end other peoples opinions don't really effect me one way or the other I just like to see other people interpretations, that why I like to read reviews, but it ultimately has no bearing on my own thoughts.

Reading those tweets again you can't take yourself seriously if you reaction to the film was "My body is still recovering from non-stop geeking out". Seriously? Overreact much?


EDIT: I see Variety liked it. I suppose it's hard to properly sum it up in 140 characters or less.
Acting like a blogger is less than a critic is kinda ridiculous, in my opinion at least. They do the same things critics do, go to the same events, and do all the same things. They're still critics, more aimed at us then them. I think it's more that you don't want them Geeking out, which isn't really fair. They're allowed to geek out too. and I don't find them overreacting. They loved the movie. They're geeks. We haven't had anything like this before. Nothing wrong with that at all. but hey, that's my opinion.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell/Instagram: pj_campbell/Podcast: Reel Film Chatter
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #5947
Blu-Generation Blu-Generation is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Nov 2007
1
Default

It's all compile here.

Please read at your own risk.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=57776

Do not click or read anything if you fear spoiler. Not that I've encounter any (yet). But I'm sure it'll float around.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:20 AM   #5948
Snicket Snicket is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Snicket's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
331
1
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
Acting like a blogger is less than a critic is kinda ridiculous, in my opinion at least. They do the same things critics do, go to the same events, and do all the same things. They're still critics, more aimed at us then them. I think it's more that you don't want them Geeking out, which isn't really fair. They're allowed to geek out too. and I don't find them overreacting. They loved the movie. They're geeks. We haven't had anything like this before. Nothing wrong with that at all. but hey, that's my opinion.
Anybody with a computer can be a blogger. It's like the difference between a student filmmaker and a professional, do they do the same thing? Yes, but one has real training and experience. Sure there are some great student filmakers out there just as there are great bloggers. But one does not equal the other. I don't expect a trained critic to say "I'm geeking out". But I'm not trying to take anything away from the fans, they are more than welcome to their geeking, it's just there is a difference to me between the two.
"jump street merging with mib thats clean and rad and powerful" -Johna Hill, Oscar nominated.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #5949
cinemaphile cinemaphile is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
cinemaphile's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Illinois
291
175
253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snicket View Post
Anybody with a computer can be a blogger. It's like the difference between a student filmmaker and a professional, do they do the same thing? Yes, but one has real training and experience. Sure there are some great student filmakers out there just as there are great bloggers. But one does not equal the other. I don't expect a trained critic to say "I'm geeking out". But I'm not trying to take anything away from the fans, they are more than welcome to their geeking, it's just there is a difference to me between the two.
I value the opinions of bloggers and fellow fans far more than critics. Most critics are jaded snobs who don't know how to just enjoy a film and hate anything popular.

In this day and age, professional film critics are obsolete. I'd love to see the whole profession die. (The jobs, not the people )
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!

Don't use your UV/digital copy codes? Send them my way! I'll give them a good home!
:)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #5950
Jumpman Jumpman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jumpman's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Durham, NC
151
22
7
23
Default

Okay, send the crow my way. I'm in a state of shock right now.

On another forum, one member who's opinion on this genre is pretty much identical to mine just weighed in on the film after the premiere and like me, was supremely skeptical about the film and the type of films Marvel Studios' has made.

To put it simple, this person says that it's Marvel Studios' first real cinematic experience. The best they've done by far.

He ranked it tied for second with X2 (which is a film that people tend to forget in this genre) and only behind the Dark Knight, which is my number one.

He says it's not cheesy or a comedy, that surprisingly, Widow is our way into the world and that Whedon has found a great way to justify her being a part of the film.

Again, this person is speechless on how much he loved the film. This person felt that this film felt like a significant shift in terms of how Marvel/Disney will go forward from now on....says that Whedon has figured out a way to take chances in the film, while also being sort of predictable when you sit back and think about what has led up to it.

Again, I'm stunned. I was waiting for this reaction and but I wasn't prepared for this reaction.
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

Top Films of 2014:Interstellar, The Babadook, Noah, Under the Skin, Edge of Tomorrow, Gone Girl, The Fault In Our Stars, The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1, X-Men Days of Future Past, and Transformers Age of Extinction

Last edited by Jumpman; 04-12-2012 at 09:09 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #5951
cinemaphile cinemaphile is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
cinemaphile's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Illinois
291
175
253
Default

That's awesome to hear.

54 hours and counting!
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!

Don't use your UV/digital copy codes? Send them my way! I'll give them a good home!
:)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #5952
Jumpman Jumpman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jumpman's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Durham, NC
151
22
7
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
That's awesome to hear.

54 hours and counting!
You're telling me!

I just knew, while this person was always skeptical and critical of Marvel Studios, that this person would, at least, be fair about it because they, while admitting to being a fanboy, is more interested in this genre in terms of how these movies work as films FIRST and how they work for fanboys a DISTANCE SECOND.

And, I'm the same way, because these movies are my way into the characters and the world because I didn't grow up with this stuff. I have a limited knowledge of all the characters but I want to know how they work as films first...

....so, it was a pleasant surprise to read this person's reaction.
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

Top Films of 2014:Interstellar, The Babadook, Noah, Under the Skin, Edge of Tomorrow, Gone Girl, The Fault In Our Stars, The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1, X-Men Days of Future Past, and Transformers Age of Extinction
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #5953
cinemaphile cinemaphile is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
cinemaphile's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Illinois
291
175
253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman View Post
And, I'm the same way, because these movies are my way into the characters and the world because I didn't grow up with this stuff. I have a limited knowledge of all the characters but I want to know how they work as films first...

....so, it was a pleasant surprise to read this person's reaction.
oh, im the same way - prior to the previous films, I've been familiar with the characters, but I dont think I've ever read a single comic with them unless it was a guest appearance. (When I was into comics, I was an X-Men guy)
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!

Don't use your UV/digital copy codes? Send them my way! I'll give them a good home!
:)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #5954
Jumpman Jumpman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jumpman's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Durham, NC
151
22
7
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
oh, im the same way - prior to the previous films, I've been familiar with the characters, but I dont think I've ever read a single comic with them unless it was a guest appearance. (When I was into comics, I was an X-Men guy)
See, I didn't get that far. Besides the obvious ones (Batman, Superman, and Spider-Man based on cartoons as a kid), I knew nothing.

My entry way into this whole thing was the X-Men cartoon in the 90's. After that, Batman the animated series.

It wasn't until the genre popped off in the cinema that I started to really pay attention. I didn't buy my first comic until V for Vendetta was about to hit the screen. Soon after, I was trying to understand the buzz on Iron Man when someone suggested that I read Extremis.

After that, it was reading Watchmen before seeing Watchmen and slightly prior to Nolan's Begins, I read Batman Year One and figured out that the Long Halloween and Dark Victory were sort of a trilogy so I read those.

And since then, I've only read three more; Superman Earth One, Superman Birthright, and Origins.

Because of the nature of medium, I won't continue to read them because I'm not big on open ended, but if it's something like a self-contained story like the Earth One series, I might give it a peek now.

I like definitive endings and comics don't give those with any real meaning.

This is why I'm excited for Dark Knight Rises and I was hoping, while still knowing that they're going to make more, that Avengers was a definite ending. Maybe by Avengers 3, it'll have a definite ending.
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

Top Films of 2014:Interstellar, The Babadook, Noah, Under the Skin, Edge of Tomorrow, Gone Girl, The Fault In Our Stars, The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1, X-Men Days of Future Past, and Transformers Age of Extinction

Last edited by Jumpman; 04-12-2012 at 09:48 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #5955
Blu-Benny Blu-Benny is online now
Michael Bay's #1 Fan
 
Blu-Benny's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny
39
371
112
127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
I value the opinions of bloggers and fellow fans far more than critics. Most critics are jaded snobs who don't know how to just enjoy a film and hate anything popular.

In this day and age, professional film critics are obsolete. I'd love to see the whole profession die. (The jobs, not the people )
u sir hit the nail on the head!!

glad to see people like myself enjoying the movie....i could care less what some 40+ year old fart thinks of this movie!!

or what some heartless bastard who hated toy story (i'm looking @ you armond white!!! ) thinks of the avengers!!!
Blu-Benny’s 7.1 HT @ a Glance:
Display: Panasonic TC-P50U2 • Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR818 • Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD65 • Gaming: PS3 Slim 160 gb • Center Channel: JBL LC2 • Fronts: JBL L890 • Mid’s & Rears: JBL L810 • Subs: SVS SB-2000

"Losers always whine about their best......winners go home and f**k the prom queen!!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #5956
Dave_6 Dave_6 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Dave_6's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Birmingham, AL
10
653
3
Default

I just want to see Thor and Hulk fight it out!


PSN: DaveS78
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #5957
Taipan Taipan is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Oct 2010
Rocky mountain Frontrange
470
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Smoove View Post
I'm glad they chose Ruffalo for Hulk.

Thanks for posting that interview man.
If you are violent you are weak, for violence has no mind.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #5958
cinemaphile cinemaphile is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
cinemaphile's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Illinois
291
175
253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Benny View Post
u sir hit the nail on the head!!

glad to see people like myself enjoying the movie....i could care less what some 40+ year old fart thinks of this movie!!
hey, be careful now.... I'm 39! We aren't all joyless stiffs!
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!

Don't use your UV/digital copy codes? Send them my way! I'll give them a good home!
:)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #5959
solarrdadd solarrdadd is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
solarrdadd's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Alexandria, VA
254
874
4
34
223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Benny View Post
u sir hit the nail on the head!!

glad to see people like myself enjoying the movie....i could care less what some 40+ year old fart thinks of this movie!!

or what some heartless bastard who hated toy story (i'm looking @ you armond white!!! ) thinks of the avengers!!!
What the....Hey, I'm a 50yr old fart and i've probably been reading comics since possibly before you were born! I love them and I've loved just about every movie for either marvel or dc. I'll be in line for The Avengers in IMAX the opening weekend.

Right after my nap I'm gonna contact Betty White to see if we can't have your ass punked; young whippersnappers!
55" Sony SXRD KDS-A552000 1080P
PS3 Slim & XBOX 360 Elite, Wii, iPhone5 64gb
iPad4 64gb, AppleTV-hdmi, NAS-1tb, Oppo BDP-105D, 105, 93 & 83 players
Onkyo PR-SC5507P Pre/Pro; TX-NR525 Harmony 1, iFi iDSD DAC & iUSB Power supply, Axiom Spkrs M80v3, VP180v3, QS8v3, QS4v3 M2v3, Front 3 Bi-Wired! Emotiva XPA-5, UPA-2, UPA-200, & mini-x Amps, X-Ref 12 DSP Sub & Ultra Subs 12 Polk Audio SDA-2, Monitor 10 & Monitor 5Jr speakers
NY GIANTS!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #5960
Moefiz Moefiz is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Moefiz's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Over The State Line
270
23
15
69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
What the....Hey, I'm a 50yr old fart and i've probably been reading comics since possibly before you were born! I love them and I've loved just about every movie for either marvel or dc. I'll be in line for The Avengers in IMAX the opening weekend.

Right after my nap I'm gonna contact Betty White to see if we can't have your ass punked; young whippersnappers!
You tell them us old farts still like our comic books and cartoons...will be standing up in line with my walking cane for The Avengers in IMAX also.
MOE
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Ultimate Avengers and Ultimate Avengers 2 on one BD50 Blu-ray Movies - North America Petra 50 02-11-2010 05:41 AM
The Avengers / Marvel Characters in the Avengers Movies krazyclown 21 03-21-2009 07:38 AM
What theme should the avengers have? Movies blu-mike 13 11-14-2008 01:00 AM
Next Avengers Trailer Blu-ray Movies - North America doctorD 24 06-07-2008 04:24 AM
Avengers? Simpsons? Blu-ray Movies - North America Thertel88 9 01-17-2008 05:46 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:41 PM.