Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Flintstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
The Bubble 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > Community Gaming > Purged Leagues

Old 04-11-2012, 03:09 AM   #1641

Nov 2009
Los Angeles

I have the DLC toggle on so I guess most people don't have them yet.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:11 AM   #1642
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
AB, Canada PSNetwork: Rike255

Multiplayer seems to be broken for me today. I got disconnected from all 3 matches I played today (rounds 6, 10, and 7). Everything just freezes, I get the little connection indicator at the centre of the screen then it quits after about 30 seconds saying "you've been removed from the game".

Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?
PSN ID: Rike255 | My NEW Home Theatre!
Paradigm Cinema 400 x5 & PSW505 | Marantz SR7007 | Sony 46" Bravia V5100 | PS3 | PS4
Old 04-11-2012, 03:15 AM   #1643

Nov 2009
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rike255 View Post
Multiplayer seems to be broken for me today. I got disconnected from all 3 matches I played today (rounds 6, 10, and 7). Everything just freezes, I get the little connection indicator at the centre of the screen then it quits after about 30 seconds saying "you've been removed from the game".

Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?
I just had a problem with co-op arena. We were on round 10 on crushing and had 5 lives left and it wouldn't let us respawn after we died.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:17 AM   #1644
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraino View Post
I just had a problem with co-op arena. We were on round 10 on crushing and had 5 lives left and it wouldn't let us respawn after we died.
All my matches were co-op arena too, not sure if our issues are related though. The error I got was identical every time.
Paradigm Cinema 400 x5 & PSW505 | Marantz SR7007 | Sony 46" Bravia V5100 | PS3 | PS4
Old 04-11-2012, 03:56 AM   #1645
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

On co-op Arena I've had that respawn situation a lot. It always happens when someone is in the process of joining the game and you've died. Sometimes it takes a good 15 seconds for them to become visible on the player list while dead.

Don't know if that is the same. But it sounds pretty similar.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

FOR SALE/TRADE THREAD: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=55884
Old 04-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #1646
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Downloaded the new maps last night. London Streets map is pretty awesome, I'm not sure how I feel about oasis yet only played it twice and I got turned around a lot.
Never got to try the other one (Old Quarter?)
Old 04-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #1647
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rike255 View Post
Downloaded the new maps last night. London Streets map is pretty awesome, I'm not sure how I feel about oasis yet only played it twice and I got turned around a lot.
Never got to try the other one (Old Quarter?)
I only have had the chance to play Oasis myself. Strange little map with a weird tiered design. Certainly encourages camping with such elevations and only 2 tunnels for traversal from one side of the map to the other.

I've discovered a new way to farm treasures. You need a partner who doesn't mind a challenge though as they pretty much have to try and play Co-op Hunter Arena by themselves. The only problem is that I'm running into others on the opposing team who are doing the same and quitting when they realize that I'm doing it too... which is fine since you get to keep treasures no matter what as soon as it appears onscreen. You just don't get any XP or $$$ if the game is forced into completion via any quitting (even your own intentional leaving of the game).
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

Old 04-12-2012, 11:22 PM   #1648

Jul 2009
Perth, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
I only have had the chance to play Oasis myself. Strange little map with a weird tiered design. Certainly encourages camping with such elevations and only 2 tunnels for traversal from one side of the map to the other.
At least when we played that map we had a 'moral' victory.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:21 AM   #1649
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Trapped on the Death Star

Downloaded the new maps today. Started games by myself to check out three of the maps. I wasnt really impressed with them. They looked nice but the design of some of the maps seemed really small to me. Oasis and the Ship Graveyard seemed like it would just be a mass cluster-f. Dont remember what the name of the other map I checked out was.
"You might not be able to fight like a samurai, but you can at least die like a samurai." O-Ren Ishii

PSN: Emperor_Keyser
Old 06-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #1650
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
Default Some 1.13 Details

http://community.us.playstation.com/...art=0&tstart=0

Quote:
Q: Can we have more customization for the main characters? (Drake, Elena, Chloe, Talbot…)

A: We will be submitting patch 1.13 for approval at the end of June. This patch contains new taunts and character customizations. It’s epic. We’ll have more news on it once it’s approved.

Q: Are you going to IMPROVE MASSIVELY the already released DLC by adding trophies to them?

A: Yes! Trophies are coming in the next patch.

Q: Can you please increase the rare treasure drop ratio in Co-op Arena and Co-op Hunter?

A: If you still are having trouble getting that much sought after treasure we’re implementing a feature in patch 1.13 that will allow you to get those special weapons and clothing items very fast. More on that once the patch is ready.
Running ain't freedom

I think I'm gonna get some KFC and watch some Star Wars! - jbig31
Let's look death in the face and say, "Whatever, man" - Hugo Reyes
Old 06-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #1651

Jul 2009
Perth, Australia

Implementing trophies once 3/4 of the player base has disappeared... Good going Naughty Dog.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:22 AM   #1652
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandlazy View Post
Implementing trophies once 3/4 of the player base has disappeared... Good going Naughty Dog.
Obviously they've been trying this whole time. They've stated several times that patching trophies into the game in testing caused massive technical issues. It seems they didn't just give up though, so I applaud their persistence!

As for the other details to the upcoming patch, it sounds pretty exciting. However, I'm weary about the weapon unlocks comment. I've spent 8 months workig my ass off to get all co-op treasures. I'm 1 shy and now everyone will be able to just get them all willy-nilly?!?! F-THAT!!! Just increase the drop ratio a bit!!!

Old 06-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #1653

Oct 2010

Quote:
Most of them went back to Uncharted 2
Old 06-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #1654
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2009
Rio Rancho, NM

I'd like to play some co-op at some point if anyone is interested in that with me!
PSN: SirMontyPython

"I fart in your general direction..."
Old 06-27-2012, 11:20 PM   #1655
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMontyPython View Post
I'd like to play some co-op at some point if anyone is interested in that with me!
are we already PSN friends? If not, add me. Same username as here. I tend to play at unusual hours though since I work nights.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #1656

Jul 2009
Perth, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
Obviously they've been trying this whole time. They've stated several times that patching trophies into the game in testing caused massive technical issues. It seems they didn't just give up though, so I applaud their persistence!
I know it's better late than never, but they had them in UC2 and then for some reason they didn't have them at launch for UC3. It was just a dumb move.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:10 AM   #1657
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
I know it's better late than never, but they had them in UC2 and then for some reason they didn't have them at launch for UC3. It was just a dumb move.
It can't be "a dumb move" if it's out of their control. You make it sound like they CHOSE to not add trophies. They have been trying to get added trophies to work this whole time for U3 MP. Everything they tried (up until now obviously) was causing the game to crash or something major like that. U2's MP may not have had problems with adding trophies because it was far less complex in design than U3's MP.

Instead of placing intellectually drgrading responsibility on the developers, be thankful and appreciative that they stuck to it all of this time and found a solution make them work despite the Hurculean obstacles they encountered at first. Most developers, when faced with the same situation, would have just said, "to hell with it... let's not waste anymore time on this."

P.S. U2 MP trophies came LONG AFTER LAUNCH!!! Not THIS long. But, months later nonetheless with some DLC content that you had to have in order to unlock the new trophies.

Last edited by Petra_Kalbrain; 06-28-2012 at 01:12 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:15 AM   #1658

Jul 2009
Perth, Australia

I know the UC2 trophies came well after launch(hence why I didn't 100% it). My argument is that since they eventually figured out how to implement them in UC2 why couldn't they have been in place for when UC3 launched rather than having to add them in later?
I do appreciate that they have finally added them in, however I just think they should have been in to start with rather than having to patch them in at a later date.

Last edited by boredandlazy; 06-28-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #1659
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009

Perhaps they shouldn't have screwed up their code so bad that anytime they try to add something to the game it caused "game breaking issues"
Running ain't freedom

I think I'm gonna get some KFC and watch some Star Wars! - jbig31
Let's look death in the face and say, "Whatever, man" - Hugo Reyes
Old 06-28-2012, 03:53 AM   #1660
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
I know the UC2 trophies came well after launch(hence why I didn't 100% it). My argument is that since they eventually figured out how to implement them in UC2 why couldn't they have been in place for when UC3 launched rather than having to add them in later?
I do appreciate that they have finally added them in, however I just think they should have been in to start with rather than having to patch them in at a later date.
U2 MP was a very basic code. It probably wasn't as complicated to integrate. The addition of trophies probably just worked without much of a hassle. U3 was much more complicated. They've been working at it. People have been asking since before launch, so it's been on their radar. Naughty Dog doesn't ignore their fans like that.

Why place blame on something that they've been obviously trying to fix since day 1?

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > Community Gaming > Purged Leagues