Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Pawnbroker (Blu-ray)
$19.16
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$14.98
The Breakfast Club (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Casino (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Old 02-03-2012, 02:17 AM   #1
Virgil Virgil is offline
Member
 
Feb 2012
Kentucky
1
Default JVC tv's any good?

Does anyone know anything about the JVC 32" LCD 1080p 60Hz HDTV, model number JLC32BC3000? Walmart has it for $350. I'm wanting a new tv for my bedroom as nothing more than to play blu-ray DVDs on. No cable or satellite or games or anything just blu ray DVDs. Im on a budget so I'd like to go no more than $350, maybe a maximum of 400. And 32" is the absolute biggest that I want for my bedroom cause its a small crammed space. Must haves are excellent picture quality and reliability.

Last edited by Virgil; 02-03-2012 at 06:55 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:50 AM   #2
steve1971 steve1971 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
steve1971's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.
8
16
106
1
Default

For what your wanting it for I would say it will do the trick and its fit in with what your willing to pay.
Sony Bravia KDL-55W900A LED/3D TV.
Sony BDP S5100 3D Blu ray Player.
Pioneer HTP-071 Surround Sound System.
Xfinity HD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:54 AM   #3
Virgil Virgil is offline
Member
 
Feb 2012
Kentucky
1
Default

Yeah Walmart has it for $350 exactly, however non of my local stores have it in stock or on display so I can't get a look at it. Most reviewers give it 4.5 outta 5 stars though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:58 AM   #4
JJ JJ is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
JJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Miami, FL
116
433
18
49
Send a message via AIM to JJ Send a message via Yahoo to JJ Send a message via Skype™ to JJ
Default

I just bought the JVC JVL42BC3000 - for what it's worth, it's an awesome LCD. I'm spoiled by the Kuro, but as a secondary TV, it's pretty damn good! The 120Hz feature is finally in my home!

Now I'm just trying to tweak the PQ to make me happy.
- Orbis non Sufficit
================

Sonus Faber Venere - Epik Empire
Panasonic 65ZT60 - Emotiva XPA-3
Pioneer Elite VSX-03 - Pioneer Elite DV-48 - Sony S790
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:22 AM   #5
i-Dak i-Dak is offline
Active Member
 
i-Dak's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Ankeny, IA
9
Default

Id say yes. After opening mine up, I learned they are all the same thing. I have a Vizio and it has Samsung parts...So yes. If anyone says they aren't; they are the biggest fools on the planet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #6
GuizmoPhil GuizmoPhil is offline
Junior Member
 
GuizmoPhil's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Montréal
193
16
Default

Wow JVC still exists! I though the brand had died. I don't even remember when was the last time I saw JVC stuff on shelf in any store here in Montréal.

If I remember correctly, Panasonic used to be owner of JVC in the early 2000's.

They used to make great products.
TV: Sharp AQUOS LC-32D62U
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR414
L/R Speakers: N/A
Game Systems: NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, SG, PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, X360
Remote: Harmony 1
Digital cable box: Cisco 4642HD
Region-free DVD player: MacMini
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #7
My_Two_Cents My_Two_Cents is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
My_Two_Cents's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Wherever I may roam....
40
411
19
1
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I just bought the JVC JVL42BC3000 - for what it's worth, it's an awesome LCD. I'm spoiled by the Kuro, but as a secondary TV, it's pretty damn good! The 120Hz feature is finally in my home!
For shame, Jose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-Dak View Post
Id say yes. After opening mine up, I learned they are all the same thing. I have a Vizio and it has Samsung parts...So yes. If anyone says they aren't; they are the biggest fools on the planet.
Yeah...right...All TVs are the same with the same internals, panels and design features...based on YOU opening up YOUR TV. Build quality, picture quality and performance are also all the same among all brands. I guess that's why rates of repair are identical across all brand lines. Wait a tick...they aren't! I guess that's also why the top-rated sets by professional reviewers always bounce around to different manufacturers and tech every year. Again...it doesn't. Maybe I missed the year a JVC, Vizio, Hitachi, Insignia, Toshiba, Sylvania or Sanyo took top honors...

Only fools paints all commercial displays with such a broad brush as yours.
Genius has its limits, however there is no limit on stupidity.

Panasonic 60GT30 | Pioneer VSX-33 | Panasonic DMP-BD110 | Emotiva XPA-3
APC H15 | XBox 360 | Sony PS3 Slim
Axiom M80's & VP-180 | Carver Cinema 5.1 surrounds | BIC Accoustech H100

My A/V cabinet build / DIY thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #8
JJ JJ is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
JJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Miami, FL
116
433
18
49
Send a message via AIM to JJ Send a message via Yahoo to JJ Send a message via Skype™ to JJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricshoe View Post
For shame, Jose!

And I'm still unsure how to feel about it. Sometimes, I love it. Sometimes, I hate it.
- Orbis non Sufficit
================

Sonus Faber Venere - Epik Empire
Panasonic 65ZT60 - Emotiva XPA-3
Pioneer Elite VSX-03 - Pioneer Elite DV-48 - Sony S790
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:59 AM   #9
i-Dak i-Dak is offline
Active Member
 
i-Dak's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Ankeny, IA
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricshoe View Post
For shame, Jose!



Yeah...right...All TVs are the same with the same internals, panels and design features...based on YOU opening up YOUR TV. Build quality, picture quality and performance are also all the same among all brands. I guess that's why rates of repair are identical across all brand lines. Wait a tick...they aren't! I guess that's also why the top-rated sets by professional reviewers always bounce around to different manufacturers and tech every year. Again...it doesn't. Maybe I missed the year a JVC, Vizio, Hitachi, Insignia, Toshiba, Sylvania or Sanyo took top honors...

Only fools paints all commercial displays with such a broad brush as yours.
So YOU are the big fool! I always wondered who you were!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #10
GuizmoPhil GuizmoPhil is offline
Junior Member
 
GuizmoPhil's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Montréal
193
16
Exclamation

Most manufacturers do not make their own stuff, they don't have the installation to do it, so they contract others compagnie to assemble and make their stuff.

Fr exemple, the PlayStation 3 is assembled and produced by the computer brand ASUS. Of course, some component comes from various manufacturer. The RAM in it might come from Sansung, Infineon, Micron or others. The cell processor is from IBM(who did develop it with Toshiba and Sony). But the mainboard, the assembly, that stuff is all done by ASUS.

In the TV market the same would apply. Especially in the LCD market, since there's like 3 to 5 LCD panels manufacturer worldwide. You've got Samsung, LG-Philips, AU Optronics and 1 or 2 more that I can't remember.

So maybe i-Dak saw, was the Samsung part number on the LCD panel or another component. Samsung makes a lot of OEM parts. Most Apple computers and iShit devices use Samsung flash memory chip and LCD panels.

Manufacturer use what's available on the market to build their stuff according to part availability. You can buy two brand new PS3 ans have differrent memory chips. They will have the same spec and performance, but you might have a Samsung chip in one, and Micron chip in the other. Another example in the LCD market, Apple's MacBook Pro used LCD panels from Samsung, LG-Philips and AU Optronics. Same computer model, three different screen possibilities.

So we could say they're all the same since they use all the same parts. But, some parts are better, more advanced technologically, less power hungry, less heating, even if they have the same specs. Sometimes some features not listed on the box are also there. Like pluging an HDMI video source, but using an analog audio source for the same input channel. I doubt lower end TVs allows it.

Also, the user interface is something to consider. Especially in the TV department. I prefer a lot more the user interface of my Sharp or Samsung tv, than what LG offer. You just can't find what you're looking for with that "user friendly" LG UI.

Most advanced user find "user friendly" stuff more difficult to use, because a lot of options are not at their logical places for an advanced user, or, simply the option doesn't exist. Windows Vista is a good exemple of user friendly stuff failiure. The enterprise market didn't upgrade to it(beside it being crap), because their IT staff were saying "no go, I can't find anything to configure this OS, it's a living hell"(yes, they said theses exact words! :P). In Windows 7, Microsoft came back with the shortcuts XP have, and also kept the ones from Vista for the ones who bought their first computer with Vista.

In the end, my friends are right, I definitely talk too much!
TV: Sharp AQUOS LC-32D62U
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR414
L/R Speakers: N/A
Game Systems: NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, SG, PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, X360
Remote: Harmony 1
Digital cable box: Cisco 4642HD
Region-free DVD player: MacMini
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #11
My_Two_Cents My_Two_Cents is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
My_Two_Cents's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Wherever I may roam....
40
411
19
1
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-Dak View Post
So YOU are the big fool! I always wondered who you were!
LOL. The typical elementary school child argument of "I know you are but what am I". Classic!

Care to back-up your childish rantings with any sort of evidence to support your claims? Care to explain how there are HUGE quality differences among manufacturers and among different sets within a manufacturer's own product line if "all sets are the same"?

I thought not. Though I expected no less from someone who has made similar outrageous and unsupported claims in the past.
Genius has its limits, however there is no limit on stupidity.

Panasonic 60GT30 | Pioneer VSX-33 | Panasonic DMP-BD110 | Emotiva XPA-3
APC H15 | XBox 360 | Sony PS3 Slim
Axiom M80's & VP-180 | Carver Cinema 5.1 surrounds | BIC Accoustech H100

My A/V cabinet build / DIY thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:13 AM   #12
i-Dak i-Dak is offline
Active Member
 
i-Dak's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Ankeny, IA
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricshoe View Post
LOL. The typical elementary school child argument of "I know you are but what am I". Classic!

Care to back-up your childish rantings with any sort of evidence to support your claims? Care to explain how there are HUGE quality differences among manufacturers and among different sets within a manufacturer's own product line if "all sets are the same"?

I thought not. Though I expected no less from someone who has made similar outrageous and unsupported claims in the past.
Oh come on you, fuddy-duddy! Take a damn chill pill!

I sure will back up my rantings. When we discovered this; my cousin was telling me when he had probs with his Samsung; while looking up part numbers it was found that the part he needed is shared with RCA's and Polaroids also. You can have a closed mind and think that "better" brands aren't the same as the inferior brands; all you want, and you can think that you know everything, but you don't...but facts are facts.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #13
My_Two_Cents My_Two_Cents is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
My_Two_Cents's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Wherever I may roam....
40
411
19
1
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-Dak View Post
Oh come on you, fuddy-duddy! Take a damn chill pill!

I sure will back up my rantings. When we discovered this; my cousin was telling me when he had probs with his Samsung; while looking up part numbers it was found that the part he needed is shared with RCA's and Polaroids also. You can have a closed mind and think that "better" brands aren't the same as the inferior brands; all you want, and you can think that you know everything, but you don't...but facts are facts.
Facts? Because your "cousin" needed a part that was mass produced and shared by some other brands, your conclusion is that ALL sets are the same? I suppose you'll use similar "facts" to argue all automobiles are the same because many generic parts are shared between them all?

I can tell that you don't work in any type of field that requires technical and/or critical thinking. As any further discussions would be no more productive than debating a child regarding the existence of Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny, we'll simply agree to disagree. Good day to you.
Genius has its limits, however there is no limit on stupidity.

Panasonic 60GT30 | Pioneer VSX-33 | Panasonic DMP-BD110 | Emotiva XPA-3
APC H15 | XBox 360 | Sony PS3 Slim
Axiom M80's & VP-180 | Carver Cinema 5.1 surrounds | BIC Accoustech H100

My A/V cabinet build / DIY thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #14
i-Dak i-Dak is offline
Active Member
 
i-Dak's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Ankeny, IA
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricshoe View Post
Facts? Because your "cousin" needed a part that was mass produced and shared by some other brands, your conclusion is that ALL sets are the same? I suppose you'll use similar "facts" to argue all automobiles are the same because many generic parts are shared between them all?

I can tell that you don't work in any type of field that requires technical and/or critical thinking. As any further discussions would be no more productive than debating a child regarding the existence of Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny, we'll simply agree to disagree. Good day to you.
Jeez, man...Don't get your damn leopard panties in a bunch! Pull them outta your crack and loosen them up a bit! I was just saying that if you say one brand is better than the other; its total bunk! They all use the same parts one from another. A Samsung/Sony can have the same probs and parts as a Vizio, or any other (as you see it) inferior brands.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:59 AM.