Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$97.07
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Hannibal: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Receivers

Old 04-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #21

Nov 2008
Richmond, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almadacr View Post
I just want to ask you ? Is Home theater magazine a Biased company ?? Because the winner of best AVR ( 2011 ) in overall choices is a Pioneer followed by Integra . I think you are reading more and listening less
I would take that hometheater review of the Elite with a grain of salt. The reviewer mentions that the Elite EQ'd his sub the best he's ever experienced in an AVR. It is a fact that MCACC does not EQ the sub other then set level and delay.
Blu as of Nov. 15, 2007
My Setup
Samsung PN60E6500 Plasma
Onkyo TX-NR3009 Receiver and Marantz UD5007 Standalone
7.1 PSB T45 towers, C40 center on mopads & wall mounted B15 for surrounds.
Velodyne VDR-12 Subwoofer on Auralex Gramma
Motorola HD PVR Harmony One remote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_debauchery View Post
To the contrary; i mentioned the onkyo 818 because of the superior calibration system and feature set. I actually listen to different systems weekly. I like to know about something before i say something about it. Perhaps i am a little more open to different companies than you are bud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo604 View Post
I would take that hometheater review of the Elite with a grain of salt. The reviewer mentions that the Elite EQ'd his sub the best he's ever experienced in an AVR. It is a fact that MCACC does not EQ the sub other then set level and delay.
But that's the thing , there's the advantage of the X32 to calibrate the sub or 2 different subs . I don't say that onkyo makes bad receivers just you guys say it's superior in calibration ( SuB calibration ) and that's the best option .

BTW i use REW V5 to calibrate my subs and you should also give it a try and see for real what your sub can do .
Old 04-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #23

Nov 2008
Richmond, BC

Quote:
But that's the thing , there's the advantage of the X32 to calibrate the sub or 2 different subs . I don't say that onkyo makes bad receivers just you guys say it's superior in calibration ( SuB calibration ) and that's the best option .

BTW i use REW V5 to calibrate my subs and you should also give it a try and see for real what your sub can do .
actually I'm a big advocate of Audyssey XT32 and what it does and I will recommend any receiver brand that happens to offer it. The thing about the Onkyo 818 is that it brings XT32 at lower price point than ever before. That's the deal changer with this receiver.

And of course you have to use REW, your receiver can't EQ the sub on it's own.
Blu as of Nov. 15, 2007
My Setup
Samsung PN60E6500 Plasma
Onkyo TX-NR3009 Receiver and Marantz UD5007 Standalone
7.1 PSB T45 towers, C40 center on mopads & wall mounted B15 for surrounds.
Velodyne VDR-12 Subwoofer on Auralex Gramma
Motorola HD PVR Harmony One remote

Last edited by nismo604; 04-14-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:11 AM   #24
Power Member

May 2011
Earth

Quote:

It's not just the advantage of the sub calibration xt 32 uses far more reference points than mcaac. It uses them on all of your speakers, not just the subs. To me you might as well get the best sound out of your speakers.

With REW do you need a special soundcard for your computer? Perhaps an external one. How much does the equipment needed cost to get started with REW?
Old 04-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #25
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_debauchery View Post
It's not just the advantage of the sub calibration xt 32 uses far more reference points than mcaac. It uses them on all of your speakers, not just the subs. To me you might as well get the best sound out of your speakers.

With REW do you need a special soundcard for your computer? Perhaps an external one. How much does the equipment needed cost to get started with REW?
The software is free and you just need the latest JAVA software . You can read about the Room EQ Wizard HERE and concerning REW cabling and connections HERE .

Here's the link for the download of REW

REW V5 .
Old 04-15-2012, 11:44 PM   #26
Power Member

May 2011
Earth

Quote:
The software is free and you just need the latest JAVA software . You can read about the Room EQ Wizard HERE and concerning REW cabling and connections HERE .

Here's the link for the download of REW

REW V5 .
Thanks so much may give this a try.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Receivers