Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$92.19
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Manhunter (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Magnificent Doll (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Enlightened: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Gamera HD Bundle Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
A Certain Magical Index II: Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$43.99
Ghost in the Shell: Arise: Borders 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$25.87
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 06-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #1201

Aug 2011

By jove, you're right! It does open up the possibility of Olive covering previous Paramount DVDs.

However, their list of 43 acquired Paramount films last year are entirely new to DVD/Blu-ray, with the exception of 1900 (and another?) so its not likely they will be dipping into previously released Paramount titles anytime soon.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #1202
Banned

Aug 2009

Since this is a Twilight Time and not Olive thread, let me bring it back home by saying I just got a peek at Those Magnificent Men and Cover Girl. The former looks spectacular from the 65mm elements, with great color (the one area where Chitty Chitty Bang Bang fails, being way too brown). And Cover Girl looks terrific, too.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #1203
Power Member

Mar 2010
Atlanta - SteelBooks™: 16

Are the July releases going live for preorder on Friday?
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?! Why can't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"
-Oddball

My Blu-ray and DVD collection
Old 06-14-2012, 01:48 AM   #1204
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2007
...somewhere in Sweden
-

yes according to a recent Fakebook posting Friday is indeed the day, but at present no info is on SAE at all, which is pretty ridiculous imo.
I just don't get why TT can inform people on Fakebook, but not get the same info onto SAE the same day.
In fact, it would really be great if TT understood that not every person on the planet cares about lame-o Fakebook or has an account there.
(rant over)

Last edited by Arkadin; 06-14-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #1205
Power Member

Mar 2010
Atlanta - SteelBooks™: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
yes according to a recent Fakebook posting Friday is indeed the day, but at present no info is on SAE at all , which is pretty ridiculous imo.
I just don't get why TT can inform people on Fakebook, but not get the same info onto SAE the same day.
In fact, it would really be great actually if TT understood that not every person on the planet cares about lame-o Fakebook or has an account there.
(rant over)
I agree with your suggest about the site. Thanks for the answer on the preorder.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?! Why can't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"
-Oddball

My Blu-ray and DVD collection
Old 06-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #1206
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

I just wish the preorders would go up once the titles were announced rather than having to wait 3-4 months before they can actually be preordered.

Last edited by rdodolak; 06-14-2012 at 03:08 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:02 AM   #1207

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudakj View Post
By jove, you're right! It does open up the possibility of Olive covering previous Paramount DVDs.

However, their list of 43 acquired Paramount films last year are entirely new to DVD/Blu-ray, with the exception of 1900 (and another?) so its not likely they will be dipping into previously released Paramount titles anytime soon.
I won't be holding my breath for SUZIE WONG from Olive Films, but I won't be doing the same with Paramount either, though I think this film is as good as BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S. Can anyone see Paramount giving SUZIE the same kind of treatment they've given TIFFANY'S? Very doubtful. So, that leaves Criterion, but I doubt they'd do it, even though there is a rumor that Criterion has ROSEMARY'S BABY.

We'll just have to wait and see, and wait and wait.

Meanwhile, I'm so ready for THOSE MAGNIFICENT MEN from Twilight Time. I can't wait to see this transfer.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:34 AM   #1208
Special Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
yes according to a recent Fakebook posting Friday is indeed the day, but at present no info is on SAE at all, which is pretty ridiculous imo.
In fact, it would really be great if TT understood that not every person on the planet cares about lame-o Fakebook or has an account there.
(rant over)
I do not have an account either - and will not be setting one up...
Old 06-14-2012, 03:44 AM   #1209
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
(rant over)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanIre View Post
I do not have an account either - and will not be setting one up...
You don't need a Facebook account to read their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/twilighttimemovies
Old 06-14-2012, 04:00 AM   #1210
Special Member

Nov 2011

I cannot load any facebook pages with my dialup internet connection, so facebook is useless to me even if I wanted to use it. Youtube and plenty of other graphic-heavy and video-heavy sites, too, for that matter.

Why still use dialup? With the $30 or more per month I save by not getting the minimum acceptable broadband connection, that's one more Twilight Time Blu-ray I can afford each month, and with the $100 per month I save by not getting the good broadband connection, that's lots more Blu-rays to buy each year. I wouldn't watch movies on streaming broadband unless that were the absolute only way to see them anyway.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:21 AM   #1211
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2007
Way Out West
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildude View Post
Just curious if everyone is getting their TT blu-rays without the extra layer of bubble wrap that SAE used to place around them? Intitally, SAE's packaging was pretty stellar. Extra bubble wrap and strong tape on the envelope. Then beginning in April and each month since, my monthly order arrives with the two BDs in a thin bubble envelope, no extra padding, with the magnet dropped in. Kind of irritating considering how carefully they used to be packaged, yet the cost is the same.
Yes. But my last order was the first time I ordered only 2 items where my request to ship it in a box was denied, so don't know anything of extra padding (when shipped in a box they were). My only other small order was when the Egyptian came out, I recall that was just the same kind of (lame) packing job. Seems you have to order 3 items or more in order to get a box these days.

So aside from the one damaged item I returned (Journey) and need to buy again, not sure I want the other two I don't have. Sigh.

Last edited by fdm; 06-14-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:01 AM   #1212
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2007
Way Out West
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory View Post
...even though there is a rumor that Criterion has ROSEMARY'S BABY.
It's not just a rumor that Criterion has Rosemary's Baby, although they're shy of an official announcement as of yet (maybe Friday will finally see that situation changed). But there's also a strong rumor regarding them working on The Blob as well, since someone mentioned it a page or two back.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:04 AM   #1213
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdm View Post
It's not just a rumor that Criterion has Rosemary's Baby, although they're shy of an official announcement as of yet (maybe Friday will finally see that situation changed). But there's also a strong rumor regarding them working on The Blob as well, since someone mentioned it a page or two back.
Seems people have forgotten Sony's agreement for Mill Creek to distribute a bunch of their titles. I'm guessing The Blob would be a candidate. Criterion did the Steve McQueen original back in the day, not the 1988 remake which is a Sony property now.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #1214
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Nebraska

How long after release do these go up on Amazon? I've got credit burning a hole in my pocket and I wanna use it on AGAIG and The Wayward Bus.
Most Wanted on Blu: Before Sunrise/Sunset The Human Condition The Shootist McCabe and Mrs. Miller Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? Scarecrow Le Samouraï Arsenic and Old Lace Roman Holiday Matchstick Men Solaris (2002) Requiem for a Heavyweight Man in the Shadow Bad Company (1972) The Friends of Eddie Coyle Return to Snowy River As I Lay Dying Narc Me and Orson Welles Big Fan Lights Out (tv series)
Old 06-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #1215

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by broganreynik View Post
How long after release do these go up on Amazon? I've got credit burning a hole in my pocket and I wanna use it on AGAIG and The Wayward Bus.
They don't always.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #1216
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2007
...somewhere in Sweden
-

it's official--Mysterious Island and Journey To Center of the Earth have less than 500 copies left according to TT via Twitter feed.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #1217
Power Member

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
Seems people have forgotten Sony's agreement for Mill Creek to distribute a bunch of their titles. I'm guessing The Blob would be a candidate. Criterion did the Steve McQueen original back in the day, not the 1988 remake which is a Sony property now.
Exactly. The Blob that will shortly be upgraded by Criterion is the original 1958 film, which is licensed from Worldwide Entertainment.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #1218

Oct 2010

Ordered Mysterious Island late Tuesday night, got it today! It seemed like this was moving slowly for so long, but I'm not gonna chance it with just 500 copies left!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #1219
Power Member

Jun 2009
Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykol Gantt View Post
Ordered Mysterious Island late Tuesday night, got it today! It seemed like this was moving slowly for so long, but I'm not gonna chance it with just 500 copies left!
I ordered it Tuesday as well but mine only shipped today so I probably won't get mine until Monday or Tuesday (it always takes a long time for TT to get packages to me)

I, too, was not going to risk it I learned my lesson from Fright Night

Last edited by Yankees0222; 06-14-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #1220

Apr 2010

Quote:
it's official--Mysterious Island and Journey To Center of the Earth have less than 500 copies left according to TT via Twitter feed.
What's their twitter? I think I looked before and never found it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors