Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Life Itself (Blu-ray)
$13.49
To the Wonder (Blu-ray)
$7.64
Sons of Anarchy: Season Seven (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Melancholia (Blu-ray)
$7.64
Nymphomaniac Extended Director's Cut (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Porco Rosso (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Sons of Anarchy The Complete Series Giftset (Blu-ray)
$169.99
Princess Mononoke (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grindhouse (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Immigrant (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Whiplash (Blu-ray)
$16.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 06-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #841
Special Member

Dec 2011
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groge511 View Post
Sexy collection man! So many good titles!

We all have to start somewhere! Very nice collection of Disney Classics. You should come over to the Disney thread. A lot of great talk over there. Might even be able to find you a numbered "Chicken Little" & "The Wild"
I'd be interested in finding this out.

My Wanted/For Sale/Trade list
UPDATED: 29/03/14
Old 06-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #842
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyle View Post
I'd be interested in finding this out.
Pretty hard to come by but they are out there! eBay, sellers on here, you can even find them in HMV. I remember a good few months ago Play.com suddenly got a bunch of "The Wild"'s in stock for like £4 and they were numbered. Keep your eye out for them and keep a watch on the Disney thread. There's always a lot of "number" talk
Pre-ordered
Avengers (Lenti steelbook), Interstellar (digibook), Mockingjay part 1 (steelbook)
Old 06-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #843

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groge511 View Post
Pretty hard to come by but they are out there! eBay, sellers on here, you can even find them in HMV. I remember a good few months ago Play.com suddenly got a bunch of "The Wild"'s in stock for like £4 and they were numbered. Keep your eye out for them and keep a watch on the Disney thread. There's always a lot of "number" talk
I saw Chicken Little numbered in HMV, but it was £22 which i thought was a bit expensive. I'll have to check out play though
Old 06-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #844
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwooddrwho View Post
I saw Chicken Little numbered in HMV, but it was £22 which i thought was a bit expensive. I'll have to check out play though
Yeah that's way too much for it! Ordering online a bit of a touch-and-go sorta one. You never know what you're gonna get (unless you see an actual pic of the item from the seller on the likes of eBay). If you get it from a site like Play or Amazon, I would recommend emailing them (or the marketplace seller) to find out if they're numbered. Otherwise you'll be buying, then sending back, then buying, then sending back and so on!
Pre-ordered
Avengers (Lenti steelbook), Interstellar (digibook), Mockingjay part 1 (steelbook)
Old 06-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #845

Jun 2012
England

My modest collection below. Got three more that came in the post today free from Panasonic that I haven't put on the shelf yet.

Have had a quick look through the thread and I'm amazed by how many people don't seem to keep their collection in any kind of order. It would do my head in if mine weren't in alphabetical order!
Old 06-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #846

Nov 2010

My BD collection. Imports from all over the globe (US, UK, HK, NL, DE, etc) so various case sizing as you can see . Sorted by boxes, single cases, steelbooks, digibooks/slipcovers. And ordered alphabetically within each category.

Last edited by Kev D; 06-16-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #848
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Wales

That Alien head is fantastic elfishwarrior! I hadn't realised how big it was. Nice collection.
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
Old 06-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #849

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
That Alien head is fantastic elfishwarrior! I hadn't realised how big it was. Nice collection.
Cheers Chip, glad my heart won over my head now and I bought it lol
Old 06-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #850
Special Member

Dec 2011
The Stretford End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
This is my collection, with my pre-orders I've run out of space so I need more storage ASAP!

mind telling me which arrow films you'd recommend? I'm starting to collect them, I have House by the Cemetery (hasn't arrived yet), Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead & The Funhouse (yet to arrive also)
Old 06-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #851
Special Member

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK22 View Post
mind telling me which arrow films you'd recommend? I'm starting to collect them, I have House by the Cemetery (hasn't arrived yet), Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead & The Funhouse (yet to arrive also)
I have The Beyond, The Cat O'Nine Tails, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead & Tenebrae. All are worth watching.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #852
Special Member

Dec 2011
The Stretford End

Quote:
I have The Beyond, The Cat O'Nine Tails, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead & Tenebrae. All are worth watching.
thanks Nyle, any idea why they never released a Night of the Living Dead? would have loved the trilogy
Old 06-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #853
Special Member

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK22 View Post
thanks Nyle, any idea why they never released a Night of the Living Dead? would have loved the trilogy
Nope. I was looking at the different releases of that yesterday. Arrow should release it, they might do in the future.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #854
Special Member

Dec 2011
The Stretford End

Quote:
Nope. I was looking at the different releases of that yesterday. Arrow should release it, they might do in the future.
i ordered the (supposedly better) Optimum over the Network release, despite the cropping the image quality is way better. I would have happily paid extra for an Arrow release. I asked on their Facebook and never got a response.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:10 PM   #855
Special Member

Aug 2011
Edinburgh, Scotland

Steelbook/Boxsets/Special Editions shelf is getting a bit full

[Show spoiler]

[Show spoiler]
Pre-orders [Steelbooks]:

→ Indiana Jones Collection (Individual steelbooks)[Zavvi Exclusives]
add me on: PSN: lFraser → Steam: _fraser
Old 06-17-2012, 01:55 AM   #856
Special Member

Dec 2011

Not sure where to ask this... The Billy Bookcase from Ikea comes with 5 shelves but more can be purchased. How many can be purchased to maximize storage for Blu-rays? Also, if you do this will DVDs still fit? I hope this makes sense.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:35 AM   #857
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Reading, England SteelBooks™105 Slipcovers:302

Quote:
Not sure where to ask this... The Billy Bookcase from Ikea comes with 5 shelves but more can be purchased. How many can be purchased to maximize storage for Blu-rays? Also, if you do this will DVDs still fit? I hope this makes sense.
u can have 8 shelves in total, u cant fit anymore than that and yes all your blu rays/dvds will fit as i have mine like this.

They are £9 each (1 shelf) from ikea's website and they include the metal bits that go below the shelf to hold it up.

hope this helps you out
Living room - Panasonic TX-P50ST50B TV, XBOX ONE, Xbox 360 S 250gb, PS3, Technika BRSS10 region free Blu ray player, Yamaha A-S500, Monitor Audio RX 2 & Wharfedale 10.6, Rega DAC, SKY HD

302 slipcovers, 102 steelbooks, 35 digibooks, 4 digipacks, 55 boxsets..........the rest amarays.

LOVING THE XBOX ONE!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:51 AM   #858
Special Member

May 2011
London

The shelf heights for the Billy are adjustable apart from the middle shelf which is fixed.

Here's my old setup:

My current setup:

The shelf underneath the lowest one in the bottom picture is the fixed shelf.

Unfortunately the gap between the bottom shelf in the photo and the fixed shelf is just under two Blu-ray cases high.

I could move the boxsets to a lower shelf and move all the shelves up one notch but there aren't any notches on either side at the right height to put an extra shelf in. So I'd have to put some in myself and would probably forget to account for the height of the shelf itself and cock it up

I've started stacking DVDs on their backs on the fixed shelf. Annoyingly it's just a few mms short of being four DVD cases wide.

Those Blu-rays look tightly packed but there's enough slack to get my fingers in and grab one.

Hope that helps somewhat.
Elliot: He's a man from outer space and we're taking him to his spaceship.
Greg: Well, can't he just beam up?
Elliot: This is *reality*, Greg.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:45 AM   #859
Special Member

Dec 2011

Thanks for the info. I should be making a trip to Manchester next month so I might be able to go into Ikea on the way back. So I can buy up to 2 extra shelves? I've noticed that they don't have black shelves, only black-brown and I'd want to buy the black bookcase.

Last edited by Nyle; 06-17-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #860
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Reading, England SteelBooks™105 Slipcovers:302

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I should be making a trip to Manchester next month so I might be able to go into Ikea on the way back. So I can buy up to 2 extra shelves? I've noticed that they don't have black shelves, only black-brown and I'd want to buy the black bookcase.
they do have black shelves as i just bought extra ones a week ago from the website.

edit: had a look at the website and they dont have any black in stock :S

The standard billy has 5 shelves in total so you can buy an additional 3 for each bookcase
Living room - Panasonic TX-P50ST50B TV, XBOX ONE, Xbox 360 S 250gb, PS3, Technika BRSS10 region free Blu ray player, Yamaha A-S500, Monitor Audio RX 2 & Wharfedale 10.6, Rega DAC, SKY HD

302 slipcovers, 102 steelbooks, 35 digibooks, 4 digipacks, 55 boxsets..........the rest amarays.

LOVING THE XBOX ONE!!!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Tags
blu-ray collection, collection, pictures, slipcovers