COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Eraserhead (Blu-ray)
$27.33
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Stargate: The Ark of Truth / Continuum (Blu-ray)
$16.19
The Jack Ryan Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.80
The Machinist (Blu-ray)
$6.94
Dumbo (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Just Go With It (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Inside Job (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Dukas: Ariane et Barbe-Bleue | Liceu (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
El Mariachi / Desperado (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$19.15
Old 06-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #861
Special Member

Dec 2011
The Stretford End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
This is my collection, with my pre-orders I've run out of space so I need more storage ASAP!

mind telling me which arrow films you'd recommend? I'm starting to collect them, I have House by the Cemetery (hasn't arrived yet), Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead & The Funhouse (yet to arrive also)
Old 06-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #862
Special Member

Dec 2011
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK22 View Post
mind telling me which arrow films you'd recommend? I'm starting to collect them, I have House by the Cemetery (hasn't arrived yet), Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead & The Funhouse (yet to arrive also)
I have The Beyond, The Cat O'Nine Tails, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead & Tenebrae. All are worth watching.

My Wanted/For Sale/Trade list
UPDATED: 29/03/14
Old 06-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #863
Special Member

Dec 2011
The Stretford End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyle View Post
I have The Beyond, The Cat O'Nine Tails, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead & Tenebrae. All are worth watching.
thanks Nyle, any idea why they never released a Night of the Living Dead? would have loved the trilogy
Old 06-16-2012, 05:41 PM   #864
Special Member

Dec 2011

Quote:
thanks Nyle, any idea why they never released a Night of the Living Dead? would have loved the trilogy
Nope. I was looking at the different releases of that yesterday. Arrow should release it, they might do in the future.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #865
Special Member

Dec 2011
The Stretford End

Quote:
Nope. I was looking at the different releases of that yesterday. Arrow should release it, they might do in the future.
i ordered the (supposedly better) Optimum over the Network release, despite the cropping the image quality is way better. I would have happily paid extra for an Arrow release. I asked on their Facebook and never got a response.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #866
Special Member

Aug 2011
Edinburgh, Scotland

Steelbook/Boxsets/Special Editions shelf is getting a bit full

[Show spoiler]

[Show spoiler]
Pre-orders [Steelbooks]:

→ Indiana Jones Collection (Individual steelbooks)[Zavvi Exclusives]
add me on: PSN: lFraser → Steam: _fraser
Old 06-17-2012, 12:55 AM   #867
Special Member

Dec 2011

Not sure where to ask this... The Billy Bookcase from Ikea comes with 5 shelves but more can be purchased. How many can be purchased to maximize storage for Blu-rays? Also, if you do this will DVDs still fit? I hope this makes sense.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:35 AM   #868
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Reading, England SteelBooks™77 Slipcovers:228

Quote:
Not sure where to ask this... The Billy Bookcase from Ikea comes with 5 shelves but more can be purchased. How many can be purchased to maximize storage for Blu-rays? Also, if you do this will DVDs still fit? I hope this makes sense.
u can have 8 shelves in total, u cant fit anymore than that and yes all your blu rays/dvds will fit as i have mine like this.

They are £9 each (1 shelf) from ikea's website and they include the metal bits that go below the shelf to hold it up.

hope this helps you out
Living room - Panasonic TX-P50ST50B TV, XBOX ONE, Xbox 360 S 250gb, PS3, Technika BRSS10 region free Blu ray player, Yamaha A-S500, Monitor Audio RX 2 & Wharfedale 10.6, Rega DAC, SKY HD

228 slipcovers, 77 steelbooks, 29 digibooks, 4 digipacks, 40 boxsets..........the rest amarays.

LOVING THE XBOX ONE!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #869
Special Member

May 2011
London

The shelf heights for the Billy are adjustable apart from the middle shelf which is fixed.

Here's my old setup:

My current setup:

The shelf underneath the lowest one in the bottom picture is the fixed shelf.

Unfortunately the gap between the bottom shelf in the photo and the fixed shelf is just under two Blu-ray cases high.

I could move the boxsets to a lower shelf and move all the shelves up one notch but there aren't any notches on either side at the right height to put an extra shelf in. So I'd have to put some in myself and would probably forget to account for the height of the shelf itself and cock it up

I've started stacking DVDs on their backs on the fixed shelf. Annoyingly it's just a few mms short of being four DVD cases wide.

Those Blu-rays look tightly packed but there's enough slack to get my fingers in and grab one.

Hope that helps somewhat.
Elliot: He's a man from outer space and we're taking him to his spaceship.
Greg: Well, can't he just beam up?
Elliot: This is *reality*, Greg.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:45 AM   #870
Special Member

Dec 2011

Thanks for the info. I should be making a trip to Manchester next month so I might be able to go into Ikea on the way back. So I can buy up to 2 extra shelves? I've noticed that they don't have black shelves, only black-brown and I'd want to buy the black bookcase.

Last edited by Nyle; 06-17-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #871
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I should be making a trip to Manchester next month so I might be able to go into Ikea on the way back. So I can buy up to 2 extra shelves? I've noticed that they don't have black shelves, only black-brown and I'd want to buy the black bookcase.
they do have black shelves as i just bought extra ones a week ago from the website.

edit: had a look at the website and they dont have any black in stock :S

The standard billy has 5 shelves in total so you can buy an additional 3 for each bookcase
Living room - Panasonic TX-P50ST50B TV, XBOX ONE, Xbox 360 S 250gb, PS3, Technika BRSS10 region free Blu ray player, Yamaha A-S500, Monitor Audio RX 2 & Wharfedale 10.6, Rega DAC, SKY HD

228 slipcovers, 77 steelbooks, 29 digibooks, 4 digipacks, 40 boxsets..........the rest amarays.

LOVING THE XBOX ONE!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #872
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJez View Post
they do have black shelves as i just bought extra ones a week ago from the website.

edit: had a look at the website and they dont have any black in stock :S

The standard billy has 5 shelves in total so you can buy an additional 3 for each bookcase
I just bought my two billy's the other week and you don't get black shelves for mine because I searched online and in store because I wanted a couple extra but they don't do them. They didn't even have it listed with "out of stock" or anything. Don't see why they do all the different colours of bookcases and then all the extra shelves bar black. Ridiculous!
Pre-ordered
Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D: Season 1, The Hobbit: DoS Extended (German statue), The Lion King (steelbook), X-Men: Complete Collection (with Cerebro helmet), X-Men: Days of Future Past (digibook)

Check out my 'Signed Stuff' thread!
Old 06-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #873

Jun 2012
Liverpool, UK

Quote:
Maniac Cop and Vamp are really good if you like 80's American cult films, All of Argento ones are decent although Tenebrae gets the title for the worst transfer, Inferno is a bit soft too, Phenomena has the best of them though. Bay of Blood is worth getting as well.

I also have the 3 Fulci's and the 2 Romero's and Obsession is sitting on the shelf which I haven't played yet!
Old 06-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #874
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Scotland

Quote:
Maniac Cop and Vamp are really good if you like 80's American cult films, All of Argento ones are decent although Tenebrae gets the title for the worst transfer, Inferno is a bit soft too, Phenomena has the best of them though. Bay of Blood is worth getting as well.

I also have the 3 Fulci's and the 2 Romero's and Obsession is sitting on the shelf which I haven't played yet!
erm....you're forgetting Battle Royale!
Pre-ordered
Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D: Season 1, The Hobbit: DoS Extended (German statue), The Lion King (steelbook), X-Men: Complete Collection (with Cerebro helmet), X-Men: Days of Future Past (digibook)

Old 06-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #875

Jun 2012
Liverpool, UK

I did forget it hahah, because it's not in the white box... I've not watched it yet, I watched it so many times on DVD I haven't felt like watching it again yet.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #876
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Scotland

Quote:
I did forget it hahah, because it's not in the white box... I've not watched it yet, I watched it so many times on DVD I haven't felt like watching it again yet.
oh, is that a box set with some of the Arrow films in it?
Pre-ordered

Old 06-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #877

Jun 2012
Liverpool, UK

No I have this version

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Battle...Blu-ray/14917/
Old 06-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #878
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groge511 View Post
I just bought my two billy's the other week and you don't get black shelves for mine because I searched online and in store because I wanted a couple extra but they don't do them. They didn't even have it listed with "out of stock" or anything. Don't see why they do all the different colours of bookcases and then all the extra shelves bar black. Ridiculous!
looking at the shelves now, yes they are black brown and are not smooth like the ones that come with the standard billy's. i could of sworn they were black but they dont look that bad tbh on the shelf.

what i did was, i bought 2 billy's, took 3 shelves from the 1st billy and moved them over to the 2nd one so that one had all 8 shelves matching and ordered 3 more and put those on the other billy.

LOVING THE XBOX ONE!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #879
Special Member

Dec 2011
The Stretford End

Quote:

thanks man!
Old 06-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #880
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJez View Post
looking at the shelves now, yes they are black brown and are not smooth like the ones that come with the standard billy's. i could of sworn they were black but they dont look that bad tbh on the shelf.

what i did was, i bought 2 billy's, took 3 shelves from the 1st billy and moved them over to the 2nd one so that one had all 8 shelves matching and ordered 3 more and put those on the other billy.
aye thats a pretty good idea. And they blend quite well? Its not like really obvious?
Pre-ordered

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Tags
blu-ray collection, collection, pictures, slipcovers