Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
3 hrs ago
Fargo: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$4.99
4 hrs ago
Planet of the Apes: Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
11 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
20 hrs ago
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

22 Jump Street (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Gone Girl (Blu-ray)
$22.96

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #801
Expert Member

Sep 2008
Your Momma, Oklahoma

yeah we had to order ours from walmart.com because they didn't carry them in the store and bestbuy told my good half that blade didn't come out this month wtf *LOL*... pathetic hahahaa.

either way we got them ordered today from walmart.com and they were in stock and said it should be here by next tuesday so its all good now and i'm calmed down .

J & Jen
Old 06-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #802

Aug 2008
LA, CA

I'm about to head to a local Best Buy/Target center (Hollywood), I'll pop in and see what they have (just kind of curious now... Already got them from Fry's over the weekend, but I'll be at the stores anyway.)
Old 06-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #803
Power Member

Jan 2008
Washington

Just ordered for pickup from Frys. Didn't realize there was so much drama with these two titles. Oh well at 7.99 each I can replace my Alliance ones.

MAIN-Pioneer Elite SC-79 BenQ W1080ST 120"
EP IR 3650 PowerCenter Oppo BDP-93 AppleTv Roku3
Harmony Ultimate Phillips Hue Klipsch(C3,F3,F2,S2,S1,2-Sub12's)
BEDROOM-Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH
Samsung UN55F7050AF HDP1800 PowerCenter
Sony BDP470 Fat PS3 AppleTv Harmony One
Klipsch F1's
Old 06-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #804
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzupeman View Post
Look, the biggest complaint against Amazon isn’t that they may have run out of stock – It’s the fact that Amazon just *poof*! Deleted the item listing instead of leaving a placeholder date in its place (for June 12 th , 19 th , or some made up placeholder date just to inform us that they expect to receive stock shortly after release). Not even the customers who DID pre-order were aware if their copy of Blade was going to show up or not, that is, until they got confirmation late last week or early this week.

I’m glad you’ve been a long-term Amazon customer and have been more than happy with them – So have I, up until the last year. You may not have run into any of the same experiences as I have, hence your ‘too sad, so sad’ condescension towards me, but just in the last six months alone –

I’ve now seen trade-in amounts intentionally reduced to save money at my expense, I’ve seen prices drastically dropped a mere two or three weeks after release date. Some ‘reward’ for choosing to pre-order through them, eh? I pay $35 for something, and a couple weeks later they have it on sale for $20. At a retail chain, I could take my product back with receipt, and get the difference back. Amazon? Wouldn’t do it. Only offered a three dollar credit and some scripted response that ‘their prices change all the time and blah blah blah’.

I had the Three Stooges Ultimate DVD boxed set ordered on Amazon - $69.99. Best Buy’s website had it for the same price, also with free shipping. Best Buy eventually lowered their price to $44.99. Amazon RAISED theirs to $91, which was only $4 less than the actual MSRP of the set itself. “So what! You can cancel at any time!” Not the point, even though that’s exactly what I did and ordered from BB instead. The point is that on these two examples alone, Amazon is participating in some form of price gouging, and refuse to make up the difference within a reasonable amount of time (such as the retailers do).

As far as the great customer service they have? I can’t agree with you there. Just because they read me a script and say, “I can do this one time exception for you”, doesn’t mean they’re great at customer service. Giving me some kind of credit doesn’t do it – Talking to a real person who isn’t stuck to a script would be better, and adjusting their business practice to reflect what it was like a short time ago – That is, being the best place to pre-order, and the best place to order from because of their low low prices –Is what really speaks volumes to me.

And yes, I’m going to complain even more about business practices like this because I pay for Prime. Why shouldn’t I? If I pay $80 a year because I liked Amazon enough to be a loyal enough customer to participate in such a program, why shouldn’t I complain when they start utilizing such shady business tactics?

So, please, don’t talk down to me just because I didn’t pre-order the moment it appeared on their site. They have given me less and less reason to do so over the last year, and you can say they’re good enough for you all you want –It means nothing to my experience and that doesn’t affect my opinion. We can both go to the same restaurant and order the same thing, yet mine can taste bland and flavorless while yours comes out fresh and delicious, you know what I mean?
I'm sorry for your other poorous experiences with Amazon, and I can see how that may "add up" after a while. But they have no bearing in this thread.
Look, 90% of your post, to me, is fluff. If Amazon is so horrible, then here's an idea: Don't give them your business!
I'm sure you'll be missed, just like I would if I were getting fed up with Amazon's "shady business practices". So there ya go, problem solved!
But as far as Blade is concerned, and that's all that really matters in this thread. Amazon did everything a business would be expected to do:
They got limited stock, cut the orders, and removed the listing.
Jesus, what do you want a fruit basket and/or flower arrnagement from them?
As far as I'm concerned Amazon's preorder price guarantee, concerning BD's, is the best around.
Also, as I stated previously, even if I hadn't gotten my BDs I wouldn't hold it against Amazon. Sometimes those things happen. I tend to look at the bigger picture, and the bigger picture is the ~650 BD's Amazon has shipped to me ON TIME, in immacualte condition....NOT the 2-3 BD's I had to return OR the 4-5 BDs that were cancelled - which is a stdio call, NOT an Amazon call.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #805
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Come on. At some point you have to give it a rest. This was not a "normal" occurrence for Amazon and these aren't limited. There is either some issue in the supply chain or a mistake was made somewhere. Once it gets corrected, Amazon will be selling these. You keep acting like this is the first unnannounced limited edition Blu-Ray and people are griping because they didn't pre-order in time. That isn't the case at all.

We all get how pleased you are that you ordered them while the listings were up - I did, too, and I have them sitting here. But, that doesn't mean I think it's "correct" that they removed the listings and aren't currently selling them. Count the number of times you've seen this happen and then tell people to change their behavior to accomodate this anomaly....
Of course I said this was an anomaly. I've been saying that.
How am I acting like this the "first unnannounced limited edition Blu-Ray and people are griping because they didn't pre-order in time"? I've already acknowledged this happened, to me, in the past. Amazon messing up 1/200 of my BD's is a pretty good track record, IMO.
Again, what more could've Amazon done? They got shortordered. Do you think they should have gone on taking orders and then send them day/weeks/months late when/if they got more stock in?
My point was, and still is, Amazon is not at fault here. They did their job!
Stock runs out all the time, this happens in all business, all over the world. Amazon is just a middle man. They did what they had to do.
So sorry, your logic is pretty flawed, at best.
Some posters like to sit on orders for many reasons: pricing, reviews, etc....well the bottom line is, if you wait, you just might miss out. That's the problem I have. Don't fault Amazon because you wanted to wait for a review before preordering. That's not an Amazon problem, that's a YOU problem.(or more precisely a mzupeman problem)

Edit: Again, I will direct you to all the other posters that are having problems obtaining this disc. Has anyone gotten this at Best Buy yet? At least Amazon got out what little they could obtain...A DAY EARLY NO LESS.

Last edited by rickah88; 06-19-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #806
Power Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-R View Post
Just ordered for pickup from Frys. Didn't realize there was so much drama with these two titles. Oh well at 7.99 each I can replace my Alliance ones.
Whoa, not so fast. The new US release does not have the theatrical cut. If that doesn't bother you go ahead.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #807
Power Member

Sep 2009

Rickah88,
Let me tell you why I find Amazon to be very shady on this release.
Even when crappy EB titles come out amazon pretty much goes through their initial inventory on preorders alone. On release day on amazon it will say out of stock and then list a projected restock time. That doesn't exist for the Blade titles. On top of that they have listings on the US site for the Canadian releases. If customers don't know any better they will just buy them thinking they are getting the newer ones. That's not good business and it's misleading.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #808
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat3000 View Post
I checked this morning and all local Best Buys did not have Blade or Trinity available. I just checked again and all area Best Buys now have both available in store.

Looks like the shipments may have been late today.
So if you were looking at Best Buy, they may have them at your store now.

I ordered them for store pick-up and will get after work.

I live in NW Indiana area near Chicago...

They are back-ordered. They arent getting them in later today. This goes for every BB in the NY area =(
So it might be the same for many national BB's. Just hop over to FYE and get it for less then BB would sell it, and get rice crispy treats for free

Last edited by eiknarf; 06-19-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #809
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

Amazon has this now but only 6 left.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0020TS5LK
I'm very happy where 3-D is going, which is that it's becoming a choice - and thankfully, most people are still choosing 2-D.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #810
Power Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by aherron View Post
Amazon has this now but only 6 left.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0020TS5LK
Yep, that's the Canadian/Alliance release. Not the US release. Thanks for helping me prove my point good sir.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #811
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

It seems like many people are having extremely too much confidence and assurance when preordering their movies. Anything can happen in the meantime, which is why the old cliche says: "Don't count your chickens before they hatch". Instead of preordering, and saving yourselves from enduring a lot of disappointments, anger and heartache, start ordering the movies when they've become available... Now you know why I don't preorder because, nothing is guaranteed!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #812

Sep 2009

I just picked these up from FYE for $9.99 each. If you live near one give them a call and ask if they have the newly released ones. Good luck everyone!
"The screen is a magic medium. It has such power that it can retain interest as it conveys emotions and moods that no other art form can hope to tackle."
Old 06-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #813
Power Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
It seems like many people are having extremely too much confidence and assurance when preordering their movies. Anything can happen in the meantime, which is why the old cliche says: "Don't count your chickens before they hatch". Instead of preordering, and saving yourselves from enduring a lot of disappointments, anger and heartache, start ordering the movies when they've become available... Now you know why I don't preorder because, nothing is guaranteed!
You're somewhat right. The thing is some of those that preordered did receive the titles and some didn't. If people are looking to amazon they can't even get them on release date. Walmart.com and FYE seem to be the only sure bets right now.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #814

Feb 2007
Union County NJ

Checked both Best Buys in Union NJ and neither had them. One very helpful associate checked other stores and came up blank so it looks like this part of NJ is a no go.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #815
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninfan81 View Post
Checked both Best Buys in Union NJ and neither had them. One very helpful associate checked other stores and came up blank so it looks like this part of NJ is a no go.
yup, the BB guy at mine checked and none of the BB's in the STATE have them.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #816
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Upstate New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy73 View Post
Rickah88,
Let me tell you why I find Amazon to be very shady on this release.
Even when crappy EB titles come out amazon pretty much goes through their initial inventory on preorders alone. On release day on amazon it will say out of stock and then list a projected restock time. That doesn't exist for the Blade titles. On top of that they have listings on the US site for the Canadian releases. If customers don't know any better they will just buy them thinking they are getting the newer ones. That's not good business and it's misleading.
Pretty much what I was trying to tell Rickah.
2012 favs: Prometheus, Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures, Universal Classic Monsters, The Terminator (UK), E.T. (digibook), JAWS (digibook), Walking Dead Season 2 w/ Zombie Head, Full Metal Jacket (digibook), Star Trek TNG Season 1, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Casablanca, Game of Thrones Season 1, Cleopatra (UK)
Old 06-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #817
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010
MS, USA

Blade 1 & 3 UNAVAILABLE for store pick-up at Best Buy from Birmingham, AL to Covington, LA from what my BBY.com shows. Something majorly bad had to have happened with the release of this.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #818
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy73 View Post
You're somewhat right. The thing is some of those that preordered did receive the titles and some didn't. If people are looking to amazon they can't even get them on release date. Walmart.com and FYE seem to be the only sure bets right now.
Walmart have them available online but they're $13.86 a piece, $4.00 more if you've to buy them from a local Walmart B&M store, which will be priced at $9.99. FYE? you might as well forget it! FYE is charging $18.00 per blu-ray. I never order anything from FYE anyway. I'm not in a hurry at all, I can wait. As I've stated before, we've waited this long, so a few more days is not going to hurt. And besides, they're only movies! I've got a lot of other blu-rays and DVDs I can watch in the meantime. Others people are having hissy fits because they haven't received their copies.

Last edited by slimdude; 06-19-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #819
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Walmart have them available online but they're $13.86 a piece, $4.00 more if you've to buy them from a local Walmart B&M store, which will be priced at $9.99. FYE? you might as well forget it! FYE is charging $18.00 per blu-ray. I never order anything from FYE anyway. I'm not in a hurry at all, I can wait. As I've stated before, we've waited this long, so a few more days is not going to hurt. And besides, they're only movies! I've got a lot of other blu-rays and DVDs I can watch in the meantime.
uuhhhhh, FYE is charging $9.99 per blu ray in-store. it's been a weekly sale for them
Old 06-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #820
Power Member

Apr 2008
Livonia, MI

bestbuy.com allows you to order both... they are coming from their warehouse... it shows its not available in stores...

i hate going to stores, especially malls... so fye is out of the question for me... just glad i lucked out w amazon...

working at target pharmacy... last thing i wanna do is shop in a store after work... haha...
My For Sale Thread
<--Hayden Panettiere licking the Stanley Cup... not me... Lets Go RED WINGS!!!
Buying Blu since December 2007!
40" Sony Bravia 1080p LCD / 250GB PS3
60" Sharp Aquos 1080p LCD / 80GB PS3 / 500GB PS4
924 Blu-ray movies / 294 Iron/Metal/Steel movies / 52 Digi movies
22 PS3 / 1 PS4 games / 73 DVD movies / 22 PS2 / 20 PSX Games
My Blu-ray Collection / RIP: DVDSpot (10/15/08)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America