COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Y Tu Mamá También (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Jumanji (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.31
The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The East (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Insomnia (Blu-ray)
$22.98
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$18.96
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$74.99
Once Upon a Time: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Friends: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$110.00
Chuck: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$66.99
Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.96
Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Old 06-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009
Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Does anyone who has the Toshiba BDX3200 player have any issues with lip sync? It's quite bad on my player, especially with Warners Bros releases, with the lip sync being noticeably out for the duration of the blu. I'm noticing it with almost every blu now, which is annoying. Seems odd as no one else has reported any lip sync issues that i know of.
No sync problems in the blu-rays I've tried so far, Zombieland (Sony) Boogie Nights (WB) & Dead Space Downfall (Anchor Bay).
I would have watched more but its having to share HDMI leads at the moment, so I've only used player a handful of times. I'm going to try and find one for a decent price in the next few days, but if not I'll just order one.

I just have my audio through my TV, are you using the coaxial or red & white audio outputs?
Old 06-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSimonH View Post
No sync problems in the blu-rays I've tried so far, Zombieland (Sony) Boogie Nights (WB) & Dead Space Downfall (Anchor Bay).
I would have watched more but its having to share HDMI leads at the moment, so I've only used player a handful of times. I'm going to try and find one for a decent price in the next few days, but if not I'll just order one.

I just have my audio through my TV, are you using the coaxial or red & white audio outputs?
Hey Dave, i'm just listening to the audio through the TV too, via HMDI.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009
Scotland, UK

Quote:
Add "The Dark Crystal" (Sony) the the list above.
Not sure what to suggest to be honest, could be compatibility problem with TVs speakers, loose HDMI cable, problem with the HDMI cable, something in the audio settings...

You could try fiddling with the players audio settings in the setup menu, try another HDMI cable or even try hooking it up to speakers via the red & white or coaxial audio outputs.

Last edited by DaveSimonH; 06-20-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #44
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Sorry but I can't remember if this player was 3D or not, would having a HDMI 1.4 help with the issue?

I think my Samsung TV has an option to change/adjust the audio delay it's something I've never used though.
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
Old 06-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #45

Nov 2009
Manchester, England

No problems with my Toshiba BDX3200. Love it.
LG 50PM670T, Yamaha RX-V673 and Yamaha APD-1, with Tannoy SFX5.1, Sky HD, Toshiba BDX3200, Toshiba XE-1 HD-DVD, Pioneer DVD-515, Pioneer CLD-D925 Laserdisc, Sony Playstation 4, XBox One, Nintendo WiiU Premium, and Logitech Harmony One.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #46
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i'll have a tinker and hopefully i can sort it out.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #47
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009
Scotland, UK

Finally got in my HDMI cable so will be able to use the player more often (had to share cables up until now).

I was going to offer to test-by-request any of my blu-rays, to see whether they are A or C compatible, but there is the PAL issue.
I could test a disc, it would play fine on my machine on region A or C, but if there was a PAL trailer before the menu then it could effectively disable playback on a US player.

As far as I'm aware the BDX3200 doesn't display whether SD content is PAL or NTSC (correct me if I'm wrong). I suppose it might be possible to fully test compatibility with a combination of the player & my PS3, but then that is temperamental at best these days.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #48
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSimonH View Post
As far as I'm aware the BDX3200 doesn't display whether SD content is PAL or NTSC (correct me if I'm wrong). I suppose it might be possible to fully test compatibility with a combination of the player & my PS3, but then that is temperamental at best these days.
Depending on your TV, your TV should tell you when it changes resolution when playing PAL stuff mine says 1920 x 1080 50hz when it's displaying PAL stuff (it up-scales the image). When it goes to play a Blu it says the same resolution but 24hz. I assume it say 60hz for the other material. But I'll have to check.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
Old 06-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #49

Oct 2011
Nottingham, England.

Is it a seperate firmware thing for the multi region DVD capability on the Toshiba 3200 or will that firmware posted for blu ray do that as well? I have a number of region 1 discs that I got from Disney World having already gotten rid of my region free player when I upgraded to a 3d blu ray player....
Preordered: * Gravity 3D/2D * Saving Mr Banks * Frozen US Release *
Old 06-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #50
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCellUK View Post
Is it a seperate firmware thing for the multi region DVD capability on the Toshiba 3200 or will that firmware posted for blu ray do that as well? I have a number of region 1 discs that I got from Disney World having already gotten rid of my region free player when I upgraded to a 3d blu ray player....
They're 2 separate things opened up by the firmware upgrade, so you can change the DVD setting to 0 and then change the Blu setting to what you wish.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #51

Oct 2011
Nottingham, England.

lol I have reading fail I completely missed that bit on that page about it, thank you
Preordered: * Gravity 3D/2D * Saving Mr Banks * Frozen US Release *
Old 06-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #52
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCellUK View Post
lol I have reading fail I completely missed that bit on that page about it, thank you
Glad to help.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #53
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

Further to my prior problems with lip sync, unfortunately the problem is that now EVERY blu ray i play has the lip sync slightly out to some degree. I've tired fiddling with ALL the audio settings on the TV and on the player, trying every different setting imaginable (not understanding what a lot of them mean unfortunately) all to no avail. I tried a different HDMI lead too, however this did not make any difference sadly. Not sure what else to do. DaveSimonH suggested trying the red/ white leads for audio but i don't have any of these.

Kind of aggravating and distracting to say the least.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #54
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Kind of aggravating and distracting to say the least.
What's your TV's make and model?
Old 07-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #55
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

I'll have to check model when i get home, but it's an LG one that i got in 2009 so it's not exactly brand new. I'm planning on upgrading soon. Will get back to you on the model though.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #56
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
I'll have to check model when i get home, but it's an LG one that i got in 2009 so it's not exactly brand new. I'm planning on upgrading soon. Will get back to you on the model though.
I'll go through the manual if there's one on-line. It may be a setting that's messing you around as DaveSimonH hasn't had any problems. I don't think the player has any options to change the sound to cause the lip-sync problems.

Hopefully your run of bad luck isn't continuing!
Old 07-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #57
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

Tell me about it! The dreaded curse strikes again! My TV model according to the back of the TV is a 26LG3000. basically it's a basic 26 inch LG model. I am only using HDMI for the sound, i may need to look into what DaveSimonH suggested above, ie getting the red and white audio leads to try it, but before i do that, i want to be sure that there's not a simple setting or calibration that i can do to sort out this stupid synching issue.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #58

Jun 2012
England

Try having a mess about with some of your TVs picture settings rather than just the audio settings. Not the colour, brightness etc. but any other settings that are there. Your TV might be applying processing of some kind to the video signal which could be causing a slight delay compared to the audio signal hence the sync issues.
TV Panasonic TX-P42GT50B Sound AVI ADM9T w/ 10" sub Blu Ray Panasonic DMP-BDT320 Games 60gb fat PS3
Old 07-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #59
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gum Ball Paul View Post
Try having a mess about with some of your TVs picture settings rather than just the audio settings. Not the colour, brightness etc. but any other settings that are there. Your TV might be applying processing of some kind to the video signal which could be causing a slight delay compared to the audio signal hence the sync issues.
Thanks for the advice Paul. I've tried tinkering with the picture settings just now, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have made a difference. Anything that could be interfering, i tried turning off, but alas to no avail.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #60
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
UK

@ Levcore,

Were you intentionally looking for lip sync issues, or just one day did it look off? Have you updated any firmware recently? Have you had any "not compatible resolution" or any HDMI faults/picture, audio drop outs?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland