Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$11.12
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 5-8 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Faculty (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 06-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #16321
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Edge of the Accretion Disc

Had a frustrating experience with the new Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

The disc won't even load unless the player has an active internet connection; when it does load, its only need for an internet connection is BD-Live ... and when you go into BD-Live, all you get is an error message saying this feature cannot be accessed. (From what I've found on various forums, this is true for both the US and UK release, and the BD-Live feature has never worked.)

Honestly, what's the point of this?!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #16322
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Ta for that, bud. I could be wrong, but weren't those same features also included on the previous version? Still, I've heard the new transfer is pretty fab, and that's what I'd be buying it for.

I've contemplated the deluxe box too. But like many of them — the Citizen Kane one, for instance — my problem would be where to put them once I bought them. And while I'd be interested in seeing the docos, I think it would only be the feature that I was likely to replay, so it's not value for money for me.
Yup, same great features + new transfer =

The docs are really starting to win me over to the superduperdeluxomagnifico version...
Old 06-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #16323

Jun 2012
Western Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdl83 View Post
Just got in the post:
Game of Thrones Targaryen ExclusiveSarah Connor Chronicles Season 2 Metal Slipcase
and
The Town Futureshop Steelbook
Where did you get this from? I am looking to get either the Targaryen or Stark version.

slightly off topic, is there a thread for members to sell bu-rays or do you have to check threads of ndividual members? I ran a quick search this morning but I couldn't find anything.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #16324
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal Kint View Post
Where did you get this from? I am looking to get either the Targaryen or Stark version.

slightly off topic, is there a thread for members to sell bu-rays or do you have to check threads of ndividual members? I ran a quick search this morning but I couldn't find anything.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48
Old 06-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #16325
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilsGuard View Post
I have it in my collection, don't take it to seriously, lots of violence and over the top nonsense, good fun when you are in the mood for it!
Thanks mate!
Old 06-21-2012, 12:55 AM   #16326
Power Member

Mar 2011

Hot off the plane!
Old 06-21-2012, 01:21 AM   #16327

Oct 2009
Gold Coast Queensland Australia
Send a message via Yahoo to Carcuss
Australia

Watched Forrest Gump. One of my personal favourites. Nice transfer with great detail. The scenery looked beautiful and the closeups were very clear. Great audio. Especially the battle scenes in Vietnam. Solid.
Cheers,
Carcuss
Panasonic Viera TH-L32X20A Full HDTV
Pioneer BDP 140 Blu-ray Player
Sennheiser HDR 120 II Cordless Headphones
Old 06-21-2012, 01:31 AM   #16328
Expert Member

Feb 2010

Just back from JB Hi. Some good blu ray deals to be had.

Picked up The Simpsons Season 20 and Nightwatch/Daywatch double pack for $14.99 each.

They also had a handful of movies selling for $8 each or 2 for $10 so I grabbed The Roommate and Warriors of Earth for just $10.
2013 Panasonic VT 60 55" Plasma AVR Denon3808
Polk Audio RTI8B floorstander front and rear speakers
Polk Audio TSI 300 floorstanding rear center speakers
Polk Audio CSI3B center speaker
Polk Audio DSW Pro 660I powered sub woofer.
Oppo BDP 93 blu ray player - region free.
View my 4 sale thread here http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=248809

Last edited by gunner99; 06-21-2012 at 03:22 AM.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #16329
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

The DHL man just left a parcel in my letterbox:

AvP.jpg Piranha.jpg

CitKane.jpg Camelot.jpg

Don't have a digital camera, sorry. Anyway, I like digibooks (though I hoped Camelot would look a little more ... special, to be honest) but the steelbook Piranha is pretty lush — stressed metal look, embossed and great, umm, artwork. (Region A locked, though.)

The bundle came from Amazon CA in just three and a half days — standard postage, not expedited. I know, they obviously upgraded me, but even so ... if they can do it in just over three days, how come Amazon US's expedited delivery takes three weeks?
Old 06-21-2012, 06:15 AM   #16330

Oct 2011
Sydney, Australia

Hey guys, so this is just concerning The Artist being labelled as region free when it isn't.

I e-mailed Sony Pictures Home Entertainment about it and they said it's not one of their titles and suggested I look at IMDB for the "official" name of the studio/production company and contact them instead.

Who is it then? Their logo is on the box (and also the spine). And while there are other studios on there, to me it appeared that Sony is the main studio. Could it possibly be the Weinstein Company? Their very own website advertises it and links it to Amazon who also lists Sony as the studio. Are they just trying to palm the blame off to someone else? Who exactly is responsible for region coding the Blu-Ray?

On a more relevant note: I received one part of my Zavvi order - The Final Destination Quadrilogy.

Watched Monster's Inc. last night. Just as good as I remember it. Looking forward to the prequel.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:09 AM   #16331
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner99 View Post
Just back from JB Hi. Some good blu ray deals to be had.

Picked up The Simpsons Season 20 and Nightwatch/Daywatch double pack for $14.99 each.

They also had a handful of movies selling for $8 each or 2 for $10 so I grabbed The Roommate and Warriors of Earth for just $10.
How the hell did you get The Simpsons Season 20 for $14.99!? The lowest I've ever seen it is $26 and that was with a discount and 20% off!! Can anyone confirm this is the inshore price at other stores
WTB:
Standard Blu's: Finding Nemo (non 3D with slip), same for Brave. Cars 2 3D with all discs. Disney 3D releases (G-Force, Chicken Run, Little and Meet the Robinsons etc.). Beauty and the Beast Xmas with slip.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:50 AM   #16332

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMate View Post
How the hell did you get The Simpsons Season 20 for $14.99!? The lowest I've ever seen it is $26 and that was with a discount and 20% off!! Can anyone confirm this is the inshore price at other stores
He is in New Zealand.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #16333
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Last night I watched:

Blazing Saddles
From the Mel Brooks set, but I believe it's the same worldwide. This VC1 transfer is really showing its age, as is the DD5.1 audio. The movie's great, it was good to see it again, but the cobwebs are visibly gathering in the corners. I found myself wondering whether this is really the best that can be made of the source material, or whether a new re-encode might prove to be something of a revelation. I'd like to see it.

In Which We Serve
From the David Lean Directs Noel Coward set from Criterion, from a beautiful restoration by the BFI. Wonderful transfer, rich, clear and crisp, with an LPCM encode of the original mono audio that has a surprising amount of warmth and depth. The film itself was a surprise; I hadn't seen it before, but I was quite impressed. It is sooooooo British stiff-upper-lip, and surprisingly that conveys the emotion and bravery more effectively than I think a more heart-on-the-sleeve approach would have. Noel Coward as the ship's captain has an effortless screen presence, though I felt he lacked the necessary gravitas for the role, and it's almost a pity that the most memorable thing about his performance is that he speaks his lines faster than any actor I think I've ever heard. Celia Johnson (she of the Brief Encounter) is achingly good, and almost steals the whole film with one single speech.

Sweeney Todd
I'm a big fan of the original stage musical, but the film ... hmm. Burton's really in form on this one, with marvellous art design and inventive, surgical-precision direction, but ... I'm not at all a fan of the cuts to the material and bluntly, the leads are awfully miscast. Their performances — well, their glowers, really — are spot-on, but the singing is so self-conscious and falls so far short of what's needed by the score that it's a crying shame. In fact, it got to be such a distraction for me that I didn't actually finish the film.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #16334
Power Member

Mar 2011

I ordered a bunch of movies for the kids from Amazon UK and threw this in as i hadn't seen it in years!

Old 06-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #16335
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Phew, I'm lucky. Someone was home when my amazon order arrives so I should be fine. Al other orders are either released or will arrive after I come home so everything should be fine packages wise.
So excited to see all these Disney blus when I get home. I really want to buy LOTR extended cut but at £50 I'm not sure, though after reading The Hobbit and getting excited for the film, I'm tempted to splurge,
WTB:
Standard Blu's: Finding Nemo (non 3D with slip), same for Brave. Cars 2 3D with all discs. Disney 3D releases (G-Force, Chicken Run, Little and Meet the Robinsons etc.). Beauty and the Beast Xmas with slip.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #16336

Jun 2012
Western Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
The DHL man just left a parcel in my letterbox:

Attachment 46961 Attachment 46964

Attachment 46963 Attachment 46962

Don't have a digital camera, sorry. Anyway, I like digibooks (though I hoped Camelot would look a little more ... special, to be honest) but the steelbook Piranha is pretty lush — stressed metal look, embossed and great, umm, artwork. (Region A locked, though.)

The bundle came from Amazon CA in just three and a half days — standard postage, not expedited. I know, they obviously upgraded me, but even so ... if they can do it in just over three days, how come Amazon US's expedited delivery takes three weeks?
I love Amazon CA. I have placed 4 orders in the last 60 days with them and each one has been upgraded to expedited/priority posting, for free, taken just 4 days to get here. It is a shame most of the blus are more expensive on Amazon CA.

I take it the Canadian releases are of the same quality as the US releases.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #16337

Jun 2012
Western Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Cheers Templar
Old 06-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #16338
Power Member

Apr 2010
Out There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I ordered a bunch of movies for the kids from Amazon UK and threw this in as i hadn't seen it in years!

Why are you holding my hand?
Where's your other hand?
Between two pillows...
Those aren't pillows!

Love it
Old 06-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #16339
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
australia

Received Today: Shrek The Complete Collection 3D

Bought: Blade Trinity, Man On. Ledge

Amazon have split my order into 3 for some reason the 1st was shipped today and they changed the del date to 4th of July any chance it would make it earlier than that ?
Old 06-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #16340
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal Kint View Post
It is a shame most of the blus are more expensive on Amazon CA. I take it the Canadian releases are of the same quality as the US releases.
I only use Canada when they're cheaper than the US, or when they have steelbooks I want (as they're usually sub-$20 in price).

Yep, identical specs, from what I can tell. The steelbook of Piranha is distributed by the Canadian company Alliance, so as usual for them there's all the Alliance promos and trailers you have to wade through before you can even get to the main disc menu (tedious!), but once you do, the specs seem to be identical to the US release — only 2D though, which is fine by me.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia