Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$96.32
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #1041
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by technique View Post
Picked up the first blade for $9.99 at a local fye in the mall. They had plenty of copies but I passed on trinity for now.
RZ_Samurai....you might want to talk to this guy ^^
Old 06-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #1042
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks------------------->85 SteelBooks™-------------->101

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
RZ_Samurai....you might want to talk to this guy ^^
Went to my local FYE today (didn't even know we had one) and found Blade: Trinity for $9.99. Sadly they were sold out of Blade.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #1043
Special Member

Aug 2011
Wilmington, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rz_Samurai View Post
Can someone please help me with picking me up a copy of Blade only part 1..... Please help
Multiple people have posted which retail chains and online stores seem to have gotten copies, though still limited, and besides that, your immense need to buy a copy of Blade is at odds with your signature.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #1044
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
Went to my local FYE today (didn't even know we had one) and found Blade: Trinity for $9.99. Sadly they were sold out of Blade.
Well your 1/3 of the way there!
I suspect in a couple weeks, the lack of Blade copies will be a non-issue. Heck, a year from now I'm sure people will joke that they saw Blade in the $5 bin. I'm looking forward to watching all of these movies in July!
Old 06-22-2012, 01:11 AM   #1045
Special Member

Mar 2009
Ohio USA

Picked up both movies at fye today. I love all 3 Blade films and hope we get another one when Snipes gets out of jail next year.
LG SuperBlu BH200

SteelBooks™: 131
Old 06-22-2012, 01:14 AM   #1046

May 2010
Clarksville, Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetthead View Post
Picked up both movies at fye today. I love all 3 Blade films and hope we get another one when Snipes gets out of jail next year.
I say once he gets out they shouldn't jump right into it his acting is going to be real off and honestly who really wants to hear people ripping him and the movie apart, do I want another yes I just don't want a stupid reboot.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:56 AM   #1047
Expert Member

May 2010
Missy Peregrym's house :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Yeah that was kind of a head-scratcher, not including the theatrical cut. Me, perosonally, it's not a big deal as I always like to watch extended cuts when available. But I get wanting to have both cuts included.
Just picked up Blade Trinity Blu, realized when I got home that I owned the DVD Theatrical cut so I just switched out a two disc blu case and made my
Blade Trinity a Two Disc Unrated Blu/Rated DVD Combo pack!
Old 06-22-2012, 03:14 AM   #1048
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011
Greensburg, Pennsylvania

I picked up Blade and Blade II at FYE earlier and just realized they're the Canadian Alliance releases. I don't inherently mind this as long as the New Line releases aren't going to be "better." Am I going to miss anything by keeping these?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-22-2012, 03:15 AM   #1049

Jun 2009
Springfield, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
I picked up Blade and Blade II at FYE earlier and just realized they're the Canadian Alliance releases. I don't inherently mind this as long as the New Line releases aren't going to be "better." Am I going to miss anything by keeping these?

From what I have heard the Alliance releases are pretty bad. Cropped video, no extras, bad transfers, etc. You should probably return them and wait until you find the US releases.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:17 AM   #1050
Expert Member

Oct 2010
Owensboro, KY

Quote:

I believe the first, if not both, are in the wrong aspect ratio...
Old 06-22-2012, 03:20 AM   #1051
Power Member

Aug 2009

Quote:

See post #55 Here:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=198957
Gear:
Monitor Audio RS 6's 6.1
Definitive Technology Super Cube 1
Oppo BDP-103
Oppo Dv-981
Pioneer ELITE VSX-92
Panamax M 5400-EX
SAMSUNG 8500
Old 06-22-2012, 03:22 AM   #1052

Jul 2009

Quote:

I know for sure that the first movie was cropped from 2.40:1 to 16:9 on the Alliance release. Definitely get rid of that one.

Blade II was a 1.85:1 movie to begin with, so no real worries of cropping there (even if it were 16:9, it would be exactly like how Warner releases the films anyway). We won't know the difference in transfer quality until it comes out though. Does the Alliance release have any of the extras? I imagine the upcoming American release will have everything from the original 2-disc DVD edition.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:22 AM   #1053
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011
Greensburg, Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodChester View Post
From what I have heard the Alliance releases are pretty bad. Cropped video, no extras, bad transfers, etc. You should probably return them and wait until you find the US releases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostsofjoy View Post
I believe the first, if not both, are in the wrong aspect ratio...
Thanks guys. Yea, the second seems to have the same ratio on both releases, but the first (New Line release) was definitely adjusted to the what the original aspect ratio was. Looks like I'll be returning them tomorrow. I'm not even sure why they had them in the first place. I've never seen a non-US release just chillin' in a retail store like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadache95 View Post
I know for sure that the first movie was cropped from 2.40:1 to 16:9 on the Alliance release. Definitely get rid of that one.

Blade II was a 1.85:1 movie to begin with, so no real worries of cropping there (even if it were 16:9, it would be exactly like how Warner releases the films anyway). We won't know the difference in transfer quality until it comes out though. Does the Alliance release have any of the extras? I imagine the upcoming American release will have everything from the original 2-disc DVD edition.
The Alliance releases both have zero extras. All the more reason to ditch them. Thanks.

Last edited by enigma; 06-22-2012 at 03:25 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:29 AM   #1054
Expert Member

Oct 2010
Owensboro, KY

Quote:
Thanks guys. Yea, the second seems to have the same ratio on both releases, but the first was definitely adjusted to the what the original was. Looks like I'll be returning them tomorrow. I'm not even sure why they had them in the first place. I've never seen a non-US release just chillin' in a retail store like that.

The Alliance releases both have zero extras. All the more reason to ditch them. Thanks.

My local fye has carried several Alliance releases for as long as I've been collecting Blus; they've stocked the Blade and Final Destination films, among others, for quite some time. They're the only U.S. retail store where I've seen them.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:32 AM   #1055
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011
Greensburg, Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostsofjoy View Post
My local fye has carried several Alliance releases for as long as I've been collecting Blus; they've stocked the Blade and Final Destination films, among others, for quite some time. They're the only U.S. retail store where I've seen them.
Thanks for the info. This might legitimately be the first time I've ever actually bought something from a FYE, so I didn't even think to check them first. Although the fact that they were $12.99 instead of $9.99 probably should've made me think twice. I just figured the prices weren't national and was just happy to have found them.

I'll just wait it out, even if I have to wait for the "official" release date (for Blade II) next month. I imagine the original will he more common by then too. It's not like they're going to be high-demand items.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:36 AM   #1056
Expert Member

Oct 2010
Owensboro, KY

Quote:
Thanks for the info. This might legitimately be the first time I've ever actually bought something from a FYE, so I didn't even think to check them first. Although the fact that they were $12.99 instead of $9.99 probably should've made me think twice. I just figured the prices weren't national and was just happy to have found them.

I'll just wait it out, even if I have to wait for the "official" release date (for Blade II) next month. I imagine the original will he more common by then too. It's not like they're going to be high-demand items.

Not a problem. I do my best to contribute to the site but I'm often not quick enough with my responses!
Old 06-22-2012, 03:38 AM   #1057

May 2011
Arizona

Haven't seen this much controversy for a Blu release since the original Fright Night came out. I don't mind the wait...eventually is all I can say for now. Hopefully Blade II doesn't have limited copies come the July 10th release.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:43 AM   #1058
Expert Member

Jan 2010
Boston, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
$17.00 is way too much, and that doesn't even include shipping, and tax. Barnes and Nobles always have been high, not only their blu-rays (if they're not on sale) but other merchandise as well. We have a local Barnes and Nobles! I went to their store once, and when I saw those exorbitant prices, I've turned around, and walk right back out, and haven't been back since.
I am certain you can get it from barnes and noble for about 14 with the 15% off coupon and you get free shipping if you are a member of their card club (whatever its called). Anyway, he seemed pretty intent on getting it, and I offered an option, sure he pays a little more but he gets the movie which is his goal if he doesn't want to wait for a retail chain to get it in stock.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:47 AM   #1059

Sep 2011
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale87 View Post
Haven't seen this much controversy for a Blu release since the original Fright Night came out. I don't mind the wait...eventually is all I can say for now. Hopefully Blade II doesn't have limited copies come the July 10th release.
I think you have the right thought process on this....if people are patient, these movies will be available everywhere very soon. I really think that people want these movies desperately because they aren't readily available...
Old 06-22-2012, 03:50 AM   #1060
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011
Greensburg, Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.MONK View Post
I think you have the right thought process on this....if people are patient, these movies will be available everywhere very soon. I really think that people want these movies desperately because they aren't readily available...
This. Humans instinctively want what they can't have. People (myself included) are seeing "everyone else" finding these and want to be part of the club. They'll be readily available soon enough. They're just the damn Blade movies.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America