COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park 1-3 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Pain & Gain (Blu-ray)
$10.18
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
My Fair Lady (Blu-ray)
$27.99
George Gently, Series 1 (Blu-ray)
$20.99
The Jack Ryan Collection (Blu-ray)
$20.13
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #1041
rickah88 rickah88 is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
1896
186
87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by technique View Post
Picked up the first blade for $9.99 at a local fye in the mall. They had plenty of copies but I passed on trinity for now.
RZ_Samurai....you might want to talk to this guy ^^
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #1042
HD Goofnut HD Goofnut is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 
May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->87 SteelBooks™--------->126 UV-------->250
36
1644
125
131
34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
RZ_Samurai....you might want to talk to this guy ^^
Went to my local FYE today (didn't even know we had one) and found Blade: Trinity for $9.99. Sadly they were sold out of Blade.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #1043
Fryman86 Fryman86 is offline
Special Member
 
Fryman86's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Wilmington, NC
444
41
1
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rz_Samurai View Post
Can someone please help me with picking me up a copy of Blade only part 1..... Please help
Multiple people have posted which retail chains and online stores seem to have gotten copies, though still limited, and besides that, your immense need to buy a copy of Blade is at odds with your signature.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #1044
rickah88 rickah88 is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
1896
186
87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
Went to my local FYE today (didn't even know we had one) and found Blade: Trinity for $9.99. Sadly they were sold out of Blade.
Well your 1/3 of the way there!
I suspect in a couple weeks, the lack of Blade copies will be a non-issue. Heck, a year from now I'm sure people will joke that they saw Blade in the $5 bin. I'm looking forward to watching all of these movies in July!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:11 AM   #1045
jetthead jetthead is online now
Power Member
 
jetthead's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Ohio USA
1208
9
Default

Picked up both movies at fye today. I love all 3 Blade films and hope we get another one when Snipes gets out of jail next year.
LG SuperBlu BH200

SteelBooks™: 139
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:14 AM   #1046
bryanr1213 bryanr1213 is offline
Active Member
 
May 2010
Clarksville, Tennessee
40
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetthead View Post
Picked up both movies at fye today. I love all 3 Blade films and hope we get another one when Snipes gets out of jail next year.
I say once he gets out they shouldn't jump right into it his acting is going to be real off and honestly who really wants to hear people ripping him and the movie apart, do I want another yes I just don't want a stupid reboot.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:56 AM   #1047
MileHigh AI MileHigh AI is offline
Expert Member
 
MileHigh AI's Avatar
 
May 2010
Missy Peregrym's house :)
553
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Yeah that was kind of a head-scratcher, not including the theatrical cut. Me, perosonally, it's not a big deal as I always like to watch extended cuts when available. But I get wanting to have both cuts included.
Just picked up Blade Trinity Blu, realized when I got home that I owned the DVD Theatrical cut so I just switched out a two disc blu case and made my
Blade Trinity a Two Disc Unrated Blu/Rated DVD Combo pack!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:14 AM   #1048
enigma enigma is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
enigma's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
1195
48
Default

I picked up Blade and Blade II at FYE earlier and just realized they're the Canadian Alliance releases. I don't inherently mind this as long as the New Line releases aren't going to be "better." Am I going to miss anything by keeping these?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:15 AM   #1049
RodChester RodChester is offline
Senior Member
 
RodChester's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
Springfield, IL
665
167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
I picked up Blade and Blade II at FYE earlier and just realized they're the Canadian Alliance releases. I don't inherently mind this as long as the New Line releases aren't going to be "better." Am I going to miss anything by keeping these?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
From what I have heard the Alliance releases are pretty bad. Cropped video, no extras, bad transfers, etc. You should probably return them and wait until you find the US releases.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:17 AM   #1050
ghostsofjoy ghostsofjoy is offline
Expert Member
 
ghostsofjoy's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Owensboro, KY
433
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
I picked up Blade and Blade II at FYE earlier and just realized they're the Canadian Alliance releases. I don't inherently mind this as long as the New Line releases aren't going to be "better." Am I going to miss anything by keeping these?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I believe the first, if not both, are in the wrong aspect ratio...
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:20 AM   #1051
The Dragon The Dragon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
The Dragon's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
74
709
471
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
I picked up Blade and Blade II at FYE earlier and just realized they're the Canadian Alliance releases. I don't inherently mind this as long as the New Line releases aren't going to be "better." Am I going to miss anything by keeping these?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
See post #55 Here:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=198957
Gear:
Monitor Audio RS 6's 6.1
Definitive Technology Super Cube 1
Oppo BDP-103
Oppo Dv-981
Pioneer ELITE VSX-92
Panamax M 5400-EX
SAMSUNG 8500
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:22 AM   #1052
motorheadache95 motorheadache95 is offline
Senior Member
 
motorheadache95's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
I picked up Blade and Blade II at FYE earlier and just realized they're the Canadian Alliance releases. I don't inherently mind this as long as the New Line releases aren't going to be "better." Am I going to miss anything by keeping these?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I know for sure that the first movie was cropped from 2.40:1 to 16:9 on the Alliance release. Definitely get rid of that one.

Blade II was a 1.85:1 movie to begin with, so no real worries of cropping there (even if it were 16:9, it would be exactly like how Warner releases the films anyway). We won't know the difference in transfer quality until it comes out though. Does the Alliance release have any of the extras? I imagine the upcoming American release will have everything from the original 2-disc DVD edition.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:22 AM   #1053
enigma enigma is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
enigma's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
1195
48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodChester View Post
From what I have heard the Alliance releases are pretty bad. Cropped video, no extras, bad transfers, etc. You should probably return them and wait until you find the US releases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostsofjoy View Post
I believe the first, if not both, are in the wrong aspect ratio...
Thanks guys. Yea, the second seems to have the same ratio on both releases, but the first (New Line release) was definitely adjusted to the what the original aspect ratio was. Looks like I'll be returning them tomorrow. I'm not even sure why they had them in the first place. I've never seen a non-US release just chillin' in a retail store like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadache95 View Post
I know for sure that the first movie was cropped from 2.40:1 to 16:9 on the Alliance release. Definitely get rid of that one.

Blade II was a 1.85:1 movie to begin with, so no real worries of cropping there (even if it were 16:9, it would be exactly like how Warner releases the films anyway). We won't know the difference in transfer quality until it comes out though. Does the Alliance release have any of the extras? I imagine the upcoming American release will have everything from the original 2-disc DVD edition.
The Alliance releases both have zero extras. All the more reason to ditch them. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by enigma; 06-22-2012 at 03:25 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:29 AM   #1054
ghostsofjoy ghostsofjoy is offline
Expert Member
 
ghostsofjoy's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Owensboro, KY
433
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
Thanks guys. Yea, the second seems to have the same ratio on both releases, but the first was definitely adjusted to the what the original was. Looks like I'll be returning them tomorrow. I'm not even sure why they had them in the first place. I've never seen a non-US release just chillin' in a retail store like that.

The Alliance releases both have zero extras. All the more reason to ditch them. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
My local fye has carried several Alliance releases for as long as I've been collecting Blus; they've stocked the Blade and Final Destination films, among others, for quite some time. They're the only U.S. retail store where I've seen them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:32 AM   #1055
enigma enigma is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
enigma's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
1195
48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostsofjoy View Post
My local fye has carried several Alliance releases for as long as I've been collecting Blus; they've stocked the Blade and Final Destination films, among others, for quite some time. They're the only U.S. retail store where I've seen them.
Thanks for the info. This might legitimately be the first time I've ever actually bought something from a FYE, so I didn't even think to check them first. Although the fact that they were $12.99 instead of $9.99 probably should've made me think twice. I just figured the prices weren't national and was just happy to have found them.

I'll just wait it out, even if I have to wait for the "official" release date (for Blade II) next month. I imagine the original will he more common by then too. It's not like they're going to be high-demand items.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:36 AM   #1056
ghostsofjoy ghostsofjoy is offline
Expert Member
 
ghostsofjoy's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Owensboro, KY
433
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
Thanks for the info. This might legitimately be the first time I've ever actually bought something from a FYE, so I didn't even think to check them first. Although the fact that they were $12.99 instead of $9.99 probably should've made me think twice. I just figured the prices weren't national and was just happy to have found them.

I'll just wait it out, even if I have to wait for the "official" release date (for Blade II) next month. I imagine the original will he more common by then too. It's not like they're going to be high-demand items.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Not a problem. I do my best to contribute to the site but I'm often not quick enough with my responses!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:38 AM   #1057
Alphamale87 Alphamale87 is offline
Active Member
 
May 2011
Arizona
286
50
Default

Haven't seen this much controversy for a Blu release since the original Fright Night came out. I don't mind the wait...eventually is all I can say for now. Hopefully Blade II doesn't have limited copies come the July 10th release.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:43 AM   #1058
Jay444 Jay444 is offline
Expert Member
 
Jay444's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Boston, MA
2
321
1
110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
$17.00 is way too much, and that doesn't even include shipping, and tax. Barnes and Nobles always have been high, not only their blu-rays (if they're not on sale) but other merchandise as well. We have a local Barnes and Nobles! I went to their store once, and when I saw those exorbitant prices, I've turned around, and walk right back out, and haven't been back since.
I am certain you can get it from barnes and noble for about 14 with the 15% off coupon and you get free shipping if you are a member of their card club (whatever its called). Anyway, he seemed pretty intent on getting it, and I offered an option, sure he pays a little more but he gets the movie which is his goal if he doesn't want to wait for a retail chain to get it in stock.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:47 AM   #1059
A.MONK A.MONK is offline
Senior Member
 
A.MONK's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
California
3
259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale87 View Post
Haven't seen this much controversy for a Blu release since the original Fright Night came out. I don't mind the wait...eventually is all I can say for now. Hopefully Blade II doesn't have limited copies come the July 10th release.
I think you have the right thought process on this....if people are patient, these movies will be available everywhere very soon. I really think that people want these movies desperately because they aren't readily available...
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:50 AM   #1060
enigma enigma is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
enigma's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
1195
48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.MONK View Post
I think you have the right thought process on this....if people are patient, these movies will be available everywhere very soon. I really think that people want these movies desperately because they aren't readily available...
This. Humans instinctively want what they can't have. People (myself included) are seeing "everyone else" finding these and want to be part of the club. They'll be readily available soon enough. They're just the damn Blade movies.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:53 PM.