Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supernatural: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$6.49
Planet of the Apes Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Wonder Woman (Blu-ray)
$12.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 06-22-2012, 10:43 PM   #49761
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsl76 View Post
In The Mood For Love is most definitely not OOP.
Yeah! It was my mistake. I got my copy back in 2003 but on Amazon.ca it's only been available from sellers, that is why I figured it was OOP
---------------------------------------------------
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
and it would be fun to actually have Breakfast At Tiffany's with My Fair Lady
Old 06-22-2012, 10:49 PM   #49762
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlayWulf View Post
I hate people that call themselves fans of a director but denounce his best films. Fantastic mr fox is in fact one of his best films, as well as moonrise kingdom. Just because criterion is "too good" for animated films doesn't automatically mean they only deal in "earlier Anderson." considering darjeeling limited has a blu ray release. Moonrise kingdom will most definately get a criterion release later on.
I enjoy movies from quite a very different group of directors (Lucas, Ozu, Kurosawa, Eiseinstein, Chaplin.....) but I would never make the claim that I like all the movies they have made. What is "the best film" by the way? It's all opinions. Some of their movies I consider some of the greatest movies ever made. Take my list and ask others here what they think of these movies and they may well say that they are junk.
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
Old 06-22-2012, 11:26 PM   #49763
Expert Member

Jan 2011
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEЯNOБLY! View Post
Why do people keep voting for Badlands when they know it's Warner Bros.? Seems like wasted votes.
To be fair, it's a wasted vote in an imaginary contest. So there's not much harm done.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:04 AM   #49764
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Detroit, MI ~ USA

Quote:
Why do people keep voting for Badlands when they know it's Warner Bros.? Seems like wasted votes.
I bet your one of those people that don't vote because you think someone other than your favorite will win, then complain for 4 years that he won instead of at least trying to make a change with your vote......anyways....its not any official vote, they are all winners (the new american way, no losers)
MY FAVORITE BD I OWN : A Trip To The Moon (STEELBOOK)

MY 'SALE THREAD'
** thread updated 3-JULY-2015 **
Old 06-23-2012, 12:20 AM   #49765
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlayWulf View Post
I hate people that call themselves fans of a director but denounce his best films.
I think these people just do it so they don't give others the impression they haven't seen Anderson's other films. By citing a lesser known film as their favorite it makes them look like they've seen all his films - highly acclaimed and lesser mentioned.

It's like citing Breathless as your favorite Godard film only to have someone scold you for not looking beyond his 60's output (Even though you may have seen them).
Old 06-23-2012, 01:26 AM   #49766

Jun 2008
Austin, TX

THREE COLORS: BLUE, AMARCORD, HARAKIRI...

all 50% off on their website.

I emailed Amazon. Everyone do the same!
Old 06-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #49767
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift1246 View Post
THREE COLORS: BLUE, AMARCORD, HARAKIRI...

all 50% off on their website.

I emailed Amazon. Everyone do the same!
How is Blue on sale when it can only be purchased in the set?
Old 06-23-2012, 02:10 AM   #49768

Jun 2012
Rhode Island

Ran isn't getting a Criterion Blu Ray release is it?
Old 06-23-2012, 02:15 AM   #49769
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSquirreL View Post
I bet your one of those people that don't vote because you think someone other than your favorite will win, then complain for 4 years that he won instead of at least trying to make a change with your vote......anyways....its not any official vote, they are all winners (the new american way, no losers)
Whoa, I guess we know who you voted for.

Yes, I've voted. I really don't care who wins, by the way, because, as the person before you stated, it's an imaginary contest. I'm not trying to rub anyone who is wishing and hoping for Badlands the wrong way, but it ain't coming. Just saying it would make more sense if people voted for titles that had a realistic chance of being released by CC. Jeez Louise.
Adam: Why do you waste your time with that second-life bulls**t? Look at you. You're still in jail. You were in jail last week.
Jacob: Yeah, I'm a prisoner. It's called "doing hard time."

UO thread is back!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 02:26 AM   #49770
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRev81 View Post
Ran isn't getting a Criterion Blu Ray release is it?
They no longer have the rights for it, you can either get the Criterion DVD or get the Studio Canal Blu-ray
Old 06-23-2012, 02:32 AM   #49771

Jun 2012

Anyone know if ordering a criterion from amazon's warehouse deals is legit?
It says 'Item not in the original case. Missing shrink-wrap, activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired.'
Are they just going to ship me a disc in a sleeve?
Old 06-23-2012, 02:37 AM   #49772

Jun 2012
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by P@t_Mtl View Post
They no longer have the rights for it, you can either get the Criterion DVD or get the Studio Canal Blu-ray
I have the Criterion DVD, just not sure if it's worth the upgrade. I am upgrading Seven Samurai to Blu Ray. So I'm strongly considering the same for Ran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul000 View Post
Anyone know if ordering a criterion from amazon's warehouse deals is legit?
It says 'Item not in the original case. Missing shrink-wrap, activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired.'
Are they just going to ship me a disc in a sleeve?
It's Legit they say that for all their products
Old 06-23-2012, 02:49 AM   #49773
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRev81 View Post
I have the Criterion DVD, just not sure if it's worth the upgrade. I am upgrading Seven Samurai to Blu Ray. So I'm strongly considering the same for Ran.

You will hear different comments depending on who you ask. I bought the Studio Canal but decided to also keep my DVD from Criterion. Is the Blu-ray the best possible, no I suppose it's not. It's far from being the horrible thing some make it out to be also. If you can manage to get it during a sale that might be for the best. There is a debate is even Criterion could have done much better if they had release it.

As for Seven Samurai, the upgrade is very well worth the time, it's a wonderful release
Old 06-23-2012, 04:07 AM   #49774

Jun 2012
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by P@t_Mtl View Post
You will hear different comments depending on who you ask. I bought the Studio Canal but decided to also keep my DVD from Criterion. Is the Blu-ray the best possible, no I suppose it's not. It's far from being the horrible thing some make it out to be also. If you can manage to get it during a sale that might be for the best. There is a debate is even Criterion could have done much better if they had release it.

As for Seven Samurai, the upgrade is very well worth the time, it's a wonderful release
How about the Extras? (for Ran)

Edit- Never mind I checked, they're the same.

I'm upgrading

Last edited by TheRev81; 06-23-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #49775
Expert Member

Oct 2010

Just saw Ramsay's We Need to Talk About Kevin in a local theater and I am really impressed. It is an incredibly good film and a very visually rich one too. Loved the performances, the shot composition, the wonderful mise-en-scene and the surprising use of the modest musical score and sound effects. The most refreshing aspect of it all is just how cinematically complex it can be, the symbolism found here is always interesting. The variety of background sound cues at pivotal moments, the redish "leitmotif", the use of unfocused close-ups and so many other details make for a rich film. Now, I would like to see Criterion upgrading Ratcatcher .
Most Wanted BD Upgrades: Oshima's Youth Trilogy (Oshima, 1960s) - Four Months, Three Weeks and Two Days (Mungiu, 2007) - The Cranes are Flying (Kalatozov, 1957) - Los Olvidados (Bunuel, 1950) - Stalker (Tarkovsky, 1979) -Histoire(s) du Cinema (Godard, 1988) - October (Eisenstein, 1928) - Taste of Cherry (Kiarostami, 1997) - Hable con Ella (Almodovar, 2002) - The Ploretariat Trilogy (Kaurismaki, 1986-1990) - Viridiana (Bunuel, 1961) - Vamonos con Pancho Villa! (de Fuentes, 1936).

Last edited by Darkcritic; 06-23-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #49776
Banned

Jun 2012

Quote:
http://www.terrencemalick.org/2012/0...ery-brief.html
Old 06-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #49777

Nov 2011
Atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thismightbezach View Post
Wow....I had to read that twice. Once to be sure a Warner person actually said "Criterion" and a second time to be sure he said "this year." Could we hope for a decent quality Badlands and even some special features? And the same year we get Children of Paradise?

Thanks for the link. Hope springs anew!
Old 06-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #49778
Expert Member

Sep 2010
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojD View Post
Wow....I had to read that twice. Once to be sure a Warner person actually said "Criterion" and a second time to be sure he said "this year." Could we hope for a decent quality Badlands and even some special features? And the same year we get Children of Paradise?

Thanks for the link. Hope springs anew!
I'm really hoping for Badlands to be released by Criterion, but how reliable is this blog?
Old 06-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #49779
Special Member

Feb 2011

I predict Badlands will be a November release, seeing as how that's the 'big' month.

To note I am actually interested in Badlands, having never seen it, though there are several other titles I'd be more interested in Criterion releasing/upgrading. This would have the added effect of - along with The Game - eradicating a significant amount of "Criterion you should release _________!" posts, haha.

Or, at least bringing other pictures to the fore in their place.

Last edited by Cinemach; 06-23-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #49780
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008

There's quite a lot of European animation that Criterion could tackle. Yuri Norstein's Tale of Tales is considered to be the best ever made in some circles. I'd also give a shout out to Makoto Shinkai if they go down the anime route.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors