Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
The Bubble 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Magic in the Moonlight (Blu-ray)
$22.79
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tommy Boy (Blu-ray)
$4.88
The Last Supper (Blu-ray)
$13.29
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 06-23-2012, 12:08 AM   #21

Jun 2012

How much?! And where is it? I can't find it on Play.com. Was I too late? Damn, I really want it!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 12:09 AM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
Mount Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWaltDisney View Post
Wow! that's optimistic, looking at his feedback most of what he's sold seems to be around the £15-20, can't be worth the effort

I believe the OP that he's buying for his friend, especially if that friend has a first name starting with an E and a surname like Baynard, or maybe Bay for short
Please, tell me more about how I'm going to become a millionair with making a profit of 20 GBP (IF I sell them), but spending another 80 for 2 'Thor' steelbooks. I am really interested in your theories about individuals becoming sucessful businessmen/women by using an online-retailer as their supplier.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:10 AM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayisnice View Post
Please, tell me more about how I'm going to become a millionair with making a profit of 20 GBP (IF I sell them), but spending another 80 for 2 'Thor' steelbooks. I am really interested in your theories about individuals becoming sucessful businessmen/women by using an online-retailer as their supplier.
Why do you even have to buy them and sell them on though? You're just taking copies away from genuine customers who would purchase them.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:11 AM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
Mount Doom
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu_sharpy View Post
why do you even have to buy them and sell them on though? You're just taking copies away from genuine customers who would purchase them.
i don't do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 12:11 AM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowat2012 View Post
How much?! And where is it? I can't find it on Play.com. Was I too late? Damn, I really want it!!!
Apparently it's now sold out. That's probably due to people buying in excess of 5 copies
Old 06-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
Woah. That's me told. Guess the 'reserve' copies are fulfilling some grand purpose then?

Last edited by blu_sharpy; 06-23-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:14 AM   #27
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Cornwall

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayicnice View Post
I bought 3 for myself (1 to open and watch, 2 as 'reserve' incase one gets damaged, 2 as a present and 2 for trade).
Setup: Panasonic TX-P50VT30 & SA-BTT350 Region B, Pioneer BDR-207DBK Region ABC, Xbox360, Xbox One, Wii U
Pre-orders: X-Men Digi, TNG S7, The Thief of Baghdad, Toy Soldiers, Boyhood, The Beach
Old 06-23-2012, 12:20 AM   #28
Expert Member

Feb 2009
England, UK

Quote:
Yes, 7 of them are Iron Man, I admit that. But like I said, 3 are for me and I've only bought 2 to trade/sell. So I will definitely not make a 'huge' profit out of them (maybe if I sell all 7 of them, but I won't, since I am a steelbook collector myself + I have allready received 30 euro's to buy 2 for friends). I have an eBay account for 5 years now and I've NEVER sold anything (only bought 8 products, 7 of them in the last week (thor 2x, chronicle 2x, Unforgiven Digibook, Fast Times at Ridgemont High and The Outlaw Josey Wales digibook).

But will they delete the other 2 or not?
Probably. Iron Man is sold out now. I don't mean to sound like a condescending douche and I understand you're a collector, but three for yourself in case one gets damaged? Really? Another two to sell yourself for your own profits? So 6 people could have ordered Iron Man for their collection but now are completely unable to because they have stopped selling these. Or am I missing some logic in the need of 7 copies?
Old 06-23-2012, 12:24 AM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
Mount Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by oat-a-bix View Post
Probably. Iron Man is sold out now. I don't mean to sound like a condescending douche and I understand you're a collector, but three for yourself in case one gets damaged? Really? Another two to sell yourself for your own profits? So 6 people could have ordered Iron Man for their collection but now are completely unable to because they have stopped selling these. Or am I missing some logic in the need of 7 copies?
Yes, you do.

I have also bought 2 Thor copies via eBay for 40 GBP a piece. For myself.
I couldn't buy them when they were 12 GBP, because I didn't know they were available (and I was not collecting steelbooks than, started 3 weeks ago).

And I'm still looking for another Thor copy and I'll probably buy another one for 60 GBP. FOR MYSELF.

I don't see how I'm going to make a profit on that one, do you? No, probably not...

F.e. I have also 3 copies of Gran Torino, 2 Chronicle + 1 coming and 2 of J. Edgar (French release).

And I do that only with movies I really like, that are the only ones I have double.

And I have pre-ordered 2 to trade. F.e. against FS exclusives.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:25 AM   #30

Jun 2012

Damn, sold out. They are the only Marvel Blu Rays I need for my collection until Avengers comes out, but I preordered that
Old 06-23-2012, 12:28 AM   #31
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Cornwall

Quote:
Damn, sold out. They are the only Marvel Blu Rays I need for my collection until Avengers comes out, but I preordered that
Maybe blurayisnice can sell one to you for £60 in a few months...
Setup: Panasonic TX-P50VT30 & SA-BTT350 Region B, Pioneer BDR-207DBK Region ABC, Xbox360, Xbox One, Wii U
Pre-orders: X-Men Digi, TNG S7, The Thief of Baghdad, Toy Soldiers, Boyhood, The Beach
Old 06-23-2012, 12:29 AM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
[Show spoiler]Yes, you do.

I have also bought 2 Thor copies via eBay for 40 GBP a piece. For myself.
I couldn't buy them when they were 12 GBP, because I didn't know they were available (and I was not collecting steelbooks than, started 3 weeks ago).

And I'm still looking for another Thor copy and I'll probably buy another one for 60 GBP. FOR MYSELF.

I don't see how I'm going to make a profit on that one, do you? No, probably not...

F.e. I have also 3 copies of Gran Torino, 2 Chronicle + 1 coming and 2 of J. Edgar (French release).

And I do that only with movies I really like, that are the only ones I have double.

And I have pre-ordered 2 to trade. F.e. against FS exclusives.
Sorry but why do you need 5 copies of Iron Man though? I mean, I can understand maybe buying one to open and another to keep sealed or whatever but 5? Really? Imo, that's greed.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:32 AM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Reading, England SteelBooks™77 Slipcovers:228

Quote:
its OOP now, sold out 7 weeks before launch
Living room - Panasonic TX-P50ST50B TV, XBOX ONE, Xbox 360 S 250gb, PS3, Technika BRSS10 region free Blu ray player, Yamaha A-S500, Monitor Audio RX 2 & Wharfedale 10.6, Rega DAC, SKY HD

228 slipcovers, 77 steelbooks, 29 digibooks, 4 digipacks, 40 boxsets..........the rest amarays.

LOVING THE XBOX ONE!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 12:34 AM   #34
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilzedar View Post
Maybe blurayisnice can sell one to you for £60 in a few months...
lol
Living room - Panasonic TX-P50ST50B TV, XBOX ONE, Xbox 360 S 250gb, PS3, Technika BRSS10 region free Blu ray player, Yamaha A-S500, Monitor Audio RX 2 & Wharfedale 10.6, Rega DAC, SKY HD

228 slipcovers, 77 steelbooks, 29 digibooks, 4 digipacks, 40 boxsets..........the rest amarays.

LOVING THE XBOX ONE!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 12:34 AM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
co.cork ireland

Quote:
Sorry but why do you need 5 copies of Iron Man though? I mean, I can understand maybe buying one to open and another to keep sealed or whatever but 5? Really? Imo, that's greed.
its taken the piss
Old 06-23-2012, 12:36 AM   #36
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tob View Post
its taken the piss
Well said
Old 06-23-2012, 12:42 AM   #37

Jan 2011
Cork City - Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by tob View Post
its taken the piss
Or in other words, actin' da langer
Old 06-23-2012, 12:42 AM   #38
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Quote:
Well said
can anyone honestly remember when not 1 but 2 steelbooks have sold out this far before a release date? its 7 weeks till release and both are already sold out. play.com made 4000 of each so IMO the majority of people i reckon are buying anywhere from 3-20 copies. This is NOT even a new film either, thats what takes the piss, its been on blu ray since 2008 lol

i would love for play.com to tell us the average amount of blu rays people ordered for this release

LOVING THE XBOX ONE!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 12:44 AM   #39
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
co.cork ireland
Talking

:d
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewaltdisney View Post
or in other words, actin' da langer
Old 06-23-2012, 12:49 AM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJez View Post
can anyone honestly remember when not 1 but 2 steelbooks have sold out this far before a release date? its 7 weeks till release and both are already sold out. play.com made 4000 of each so IMO the majority of people i reckon are buying anywhere from 3-20 copies. This is NOT even a new film either, thats what takes the piss, its been on blu ray since 2008 lol

i would love for play.com to tell us the average amount of blu rays people ordered for this release
Exactly. I mean, even the Terminator SB still hasn't sold out and they're producing the same amount of them. Like you said, it's all down to people buying an extortionate amount of copies. Imo, there should be a strict limit on how many you can buy cause I bet most of the Iron Man SB's have gone due to people buying for their 'friends'...
[Show spoiler]that dont exist
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland