Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Chuck: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$70.20
Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack / Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (Blu-ray)
$13.59
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Hentai Prince & the Stony Cat: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Fairy Tail: Part 11 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #1121
bryanr1213 bryanr1213 is offline
Active Member
 
May 2010
Clarksville, Tennessee
40
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzupeman View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. The whole debacle with Blade and Blade Trinity supposedly rests on the idea that they wanted to postpone those titles to coincide with the release of Blade II. If that's the case, we should be sitting pretty with Blade II, especially if you pre-order it. I have Blade II pre-ordered and I don't anticipate an issue in receiving it.
I hope so its going to really suck if blade 2 doesnt show up in stores either.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #1122
bryanr1213 bryanr1213 is offline
Active Member
 
May 2010
Clarksville, Tennessee
40
20
Default

Does amazon normally ship early?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #1123
Indiana Jones Indiana Jones is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Aug 2009
Bristol, England
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanr1213 View Post
Does amazon normally ship early?
Not in my experience.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #1124
Richard Graham Richard Graham is offline
Senior Member
 
Richard Graham's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Kirksville, Missouri
400
6
Send a message via AIM to Richard Graham
Default

Look at the bright side, we can all watch Blade in Hi-Def on July 10th.

Wesley has to wait another whole year.

As a matter of fact, he'll have alot of movies to catch up on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #1125
rickah88 rickah88 is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
1971
187
89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanr1213 View Post
Does amazon normally ship early?
Very, very rare!
I think you're safe ordering Blade II from Amazon, unless you can find it cheaper elsewhere.(which I'm sure you can)
I've got mine preordered, I don't anticipate any problems with this one. If there are, I'll explore other options on 7/10.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #1126
slimdude slimdude is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
slimdude's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
-
-
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzupeman View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. The whole debacle with Blade and Blade Trinity supposedly rests on the idea that they wanted to postpone those titles to coincide with the release of Blade II.
If this information is true, then why WB didn't schedule all three movies to be released on the same day, and this issue wouldn't had occurred with Blade and Blade: Trinity. The studio should have done this in the first place.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #1127
mzupeman mzupeman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
mzupeman's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Upstate New York
709
123
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
If this information is true, then why WB didn't schedule all three movies to be released on the same day, and this issue wouldn't had occurred with Blade and Blade: Trinity. The studio should have done this in the first place.
Because WB is run by a bunch of idiots. And yes, they should have done that in the first place.
2012 favs: Prometheus, Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures, Universal Classic Monsters, The Terminator (UK), E.T. (digibook), JAWS (digibook), Walking Dead Season 2 w/ Zombie Head, Full Metal Jacket (digibook), Star Trek TNG Season 1, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Casablanca, Game of Thrones Season 1, Cleopatra (UK)
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #1128
troysayshi troysayshi is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2010
515
170
Default

Apologies if it's already been mentioned but are they any extras on these releases ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #1129
Rik1138 Rik1138 is offline
Senior Member
 
Aug 2008
LA, CA
209
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik1138 View Post
WB.

Nothing further I can share online though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Kinda what I thought...grain of salt.
Heh, if you say so...

The people that know who I am know the info is legit and where it comes from... The rest of you can take it or leave it... I always thought it was funny that everyone needs a link to another website as proof... We're called 'insiders' for a reason. I choose to share my info here because I like the site... How do you think I know there's 5.1 and 7.1 DTS audio on the disc? How do you think I know the aspect ratio is 1.78:1 via screen-shot? How do you think I know it's a 50GB disc? _THINK_ about it... It's really not too hard to figure it out.

Fortunately for me, my life doesn't revolve around proving anything to anyone on a forum... Believe me if you want, don't if you don't want... I couldn't care less one way or another.



Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
If this information is true, then why WB didn't schedule all three movies to be released on the same day, and this issue wouldn't had occurred with Blade and Blade: Trinity. The studio should have done this in the first place.
Actually, they DID. That date was June 19th. But there's _SO_ much stuff on Blade II that required various approvals, affected the menu design, and lord only knows what else, that they knew it wouldn't be done on time. So they delayed it, but for some reason left 1 and 3 on the original date. Not sure why they didn't just delay them all in the first place... Maybe they just figured people would be cool with having some of them ASAP, knowing the remaining one wasn't far behind... They probably could have dropped half the bonus content and released it on time. Guess we should be glad they didn't go that route...
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #1130
rickah88 rickah88 is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
1971
187
89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik1138 View Post
Heh, if you say so...

The people that know who I am know the info is legit and where it comes from... The rest of you can take it or leave it... I always thought it was funny that everyone needs a link to another website as proof... We're called 'insiders' for a reason. I choose to share my info here because I like the site... How do you think I know there's 5.1 and 7.1 DTS audio on the disc? How do you think I know the aspect ratio is 1.78:1 via screen-shot? How do you think I know it's a 50GB disc? _THINK_ about it... It's really not too hard to figure it out.

Fortunately for me, my life doesn't revolve around proving anything to anyone on a forum... Believe me if you want, don't if you don't want... I couldn't care less one way or another.





Actually, they DID. That date was June 19th. But there's _SO_ much stuff on Blade II that required various approvals, affected the menu design, and lord only knows what else, that they knew it wouldn't be done on time. So they delayed it, but for some reason left 1 and 3 on the original date. Not sure why they didn't just delay them all in the first place... Maybe they just figured people would be cool with having some of them ASAP, knowing the remaining one wasn't far behind... They probably could have dropped half the bonus content and released it on time. Guess we should be glad they didn't go that route...
As far as this thread is concerned, you have not proven to me that you are an "insider". Furthermore, you're not vetted by the site, so that right there is telling.
Going by your logic, you would have your roof fixed by the first "joe" you encountered, just because he said he was a licensed & bonded professional. Just take his word, because that's what you're saying: we should take your word.
Also, most "insiders" aren't concerend when people doubt them, and feel the need to explain themselves when said doubts are aired....unlike what you just did. Just sayin'.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #1131
Geoff D Geoff D is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
945
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrob View Post
Sherlock Holmes game of Shadows has that same "cookie cutter" menu. Warner rarely if ever had animated menus.
Well, they never really bothered with "animated" menus, but they always tried to do something in keeping with the design of the film or whatever. The new "one size" menus are absolutely horrid IMO, like something from the dawn of DVD (which someone else mentioned). But if it means Warners can churn out more respectable catalogues like these, then I can begrudgingly accept it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #1132
Mandalorian Mandalorian is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Mandalorian's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
North Richland Hills
24
804
192
125
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik1138 View Post
Heh, if you say so...

The people that know who I am know the info is legit and where it comes from... The rest of you can take it or leave it... I always thought it was funny that everyone needs a link to another website as proof... We're called 'insiders' for a reason. I choose to share my info here because I like the site... How do you think I know there's 5.1 and 7.1 DTS audio on the disc? How do you think I know the aspect ratio is 1.78:1 via screen-shot? How do you think I know it's a 50GB disc? _THINK_ about it... It's really not too hard to figure it out.

Fortunately for me, my life doesn't revolve around proving anything to anyone on a forum... Believe me if you want, don't if you don't want... I couldn't care less one way or another.



Actually, they DID. That date was June 19th. But there's _SO_ much stuff on Blade II that required various approvals, affected the menu design, and lord only knows what else, that they knew it wouldn't be done on time. So they delayed it, but for some reason left 1 and 3 on the original date. Not sure why they didn't just delay them all in the first place... Maybe they just figured people would be cool with having some of them ASAP, knowing the remaining one wasn't far behind... They probably could have dropped half the bonus content and released it on time. Guess we should be glad they didn't go that route...
Thanks for the info.
Top 20 Favorite Films: 1. The Dark Knight 2. The Shawshank Redemption 3. Pulp Fiction 4. The Empire Strikes Back 5. The Departed 6. The Lord of the Rings 7. Casino Royale 8. The Lion King 9. District 9 10. No Country For Old Men 11. Tropic Thunder 12. Traffic 13. Jaws 14. Superbad 15. Inception 16. The Iron Giant 17. Vertigo 18. Saving Private Ryan 19. Alien 20. Children of Men
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #1133
Troy73 Troy73 is offline
Power Member
 
Troy73's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
412
2
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
As far as this thread is concerned, you have not proven to me that you are an "insider". Furthermore, you're not vetted by the site, so that right there is telling.
Going by your logic, you would have your roof fixed by the first "joe" you encountered, just because he said he was a licensed & bonded professional. Just take his word, because that's what you're saying: we should take your word.
Also, most "insiders" aren't concerend when people doubt them, and feel the need to explain themselves when said doubts are aired....unlike what you just did. Just sayin'.
I think you hit the nail on the head here. Why would anyone working for them get so angry at us on an internet forum? Surely they would have better things to do. Like get these Blu-rays out to the retailers.

Perhaps this is why this release is so screwed up to begin with.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #1134
mzupeman mzupeman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
mzupeman's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Upstate New York
709
123
4
Default

I think a lot of that info can be put together by someone who has been paying close enough attention to all the news surrounding these releases, and furthermore, I am not exactly sure why this information would be so hush hush anyway. Wow, WB goofed and forgot to push Blade and Blade Trinity back! Better lawyer up now for leaking that bit of info!
2012 favs: Prometheus, Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures, Universal Classic Monsters, The Terminator (UK), E.T. (digibook), JAWS (digibook), Walking Dead Season 2 w/ Zombie Head, Full Metal Jacket (digibook), Star Trek TNG Season 1, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Casablanca, Game of Thrones Season 1, Cleopatra (UK)
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #1135
Rik1138 Rik1138 is offline
Senior Member
 
Aug 2008
LA, CA
209
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
As far as this thread is concerned, you have not proven to me that you are an "insider". Furthermore, you're not vetted by the site, so that right there is telling.
Going by your logic, you would have your roof fixed by the first "joe" you encountered, just because he said he was a licensed & bonded professional. Just take his word, because that's what you're saying: we should take your word.
Also, most "insiders" aren't concerend when people doubt them, and feel the need to explain themselves when said doubts are aired....unlike what you just did. Just sayin'.
Nope, I haven't. I don't prove it from thread to thread, like I said, the people that know me knew where the info comes from... I'm not doing anything in an 'official' capacity. So, yes, you'd have to take it at my word.

And trying to compare anything someone does on a web forum with how they would react in the real world is really pointless... Not even sure how to respond to that... When 'Joe' presents you with a copy of his 'license and bond' proving he's capable of doing the work, he's not risking his job. Anything I can do to 'prove' where my info comes from would likely get me in trouble. Proving something to anyone isn't worth that. All the info I've provided about the disc will be proved when it's in stores. The info about the release dates will never be 'proved' to anyone's satisfaction beyond just trusting me... I only inquired about it in the first place because of all the responses here, so I figured I'd see what I could find out. And, in all honesty, I'm not expecting people to just 'believe me'. I've been on the internet for years, I know the whole 'pics or didn't happen' credo that everyone lives by. Everyone on the internet is lying unless they can PROVE what they are saying is true... So I will continue to post my lies here for everyone to enjoy...

And actually, yes, most 'insiders' take it personally when someone basically says 'Yeah, your lying, thanks for posting though' and will offer a response. I'm trying to explain my situation as best as I can, but in the end I can not actually provide proof... You will have to do some 'reading between the lines' and make your own judgement. Sorry.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:50 PM   #1136
Indiana Jones Indiana Jones is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Aug 2009
Bristol, England
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Well, they never really bothered with "animated" menus, but they always tried to do something in keeping with the design of the film or whatever. The new "one size" menus are absolutely horrid IMO, like something from the dawn of DVD (which someone else mentioned). But if it means Warners can churn out more respectable catalogues like these, then I can begrudgingly accept it.
It's just nice to have a main menu, for along time Warner titles just jumped straight into playing the film.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #1137
Troy73 Troy73 is offline
Power Member
 
Troy73's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
412
2
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik1138 View Post
Nope, I haven't. I don't prove it from thread to thread, like I said, the people that know me knew where the info comes from... I'm not doing anything in an 'official' capacity. So, yes, you'd have to take it at my word.

And trying to compare anything someone does on a web forum with how they would react in the real world is really pointless... Not even sure how to respond to that... When 'Joe' presents you with a copy of his 'license and bond' proving he's capable of doing the work, he's not risking his job. Anything I can do to 'prove' where my info comes from would likely get me in trouble. Proving something to anyone isn't worth that. All the info I've provided about the disc will be proved when it's in stores. The info about the release dates will never be 'proved' to anyone's satisfaction beyond just trusting me... I only inquired about it in the first place because of all the responses here, so I figured I'd see what I could find out. And, in all honesty, I'm not expecting people to just 'believe me'. I've been on the internet for years, I know the whole 'pics or didn't happen' credo that everyone lives by. Everyone on the internet is lying unless they can PROVE what they are saying is true... So I will continue to post my lies here for everyone to enjoy...

And actually, yes, most 'insiders' take it personally when someone basically says 'Yeah, your lying, thanks for posting though' and will offer a response. I'm trying to explain my situation as best as I can, but in the end I can not actually provide proof... You will have to do some 'reading between the lines' and make your own judgement. Sorry.
Here's the thing, You may be an insider for all anyone knows on here. But, you're not offering up any clarification as to the problems that most of us on here are speculating about. I'm not an insider and I've pretty much figured out what you've stated, but can't confirm as a fact even though you say it is. This issue will not cause nations to fall in it's importance and we all have gotten a little over zealous at times in this thread. None of us claim to be anything more than fans though. When you tagged yourself as an insider you brought the scrutiny down on yourself. Then you seemed to get frustrated. That's not in line with how I've seen the official Blu-ray.com insiders react.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:55 PM   #1138
Rik1138 Rik1138 is offline
Senior Member
 
Aug 2008
LA, CA
209
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Well, they never really bothered with "animated" menus, but they always tried to do something in keeping with the design of the film or whatever. The new "one size" menus are absolutely horrid IMO, like something from the dawn of DVD (which someone else mentioned). But if it means Warners can churn out more respectable catalogues like these, then I can begrudgingly accept it.
Yeah, that's their new 'basic menu design'. Nearly every disc released will look like this now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzupeman View Post
I think a lot of that info can be put together by someone who has been paying close enough attention to all the news surrounding these releases, and furthermore, I am not exactly sure why this information would be so hush hush anyway. Wow, WB goofed and forgot to push Blade and Blade Trinity back! Better lawyer up now for leaking that bit of info!
No, there's nothing 'hush hush' about it. I suspect if you actually called WB yourself and got someone on the phone that knew the details, they'd tell you. It's the _proving_ it part that I can't do.. I mean, exactly how would I anyway? Post a copy of an Email? Can't do that for what I assume are obvious reasons... (and even if I did, I could just type anything I wanted and tell you it was an Email).

And, just to clarify, I'm not angry with anyone, sorry if it came across that way... Just trying to explain myself to the best of my ability... No one has seen the disc yet, no one has seen the menus... When the disc is out I can explain with examples on the disc what's different about 2 from 1 & 3 that caused part of the delay, if you really care. That's not information that someone could deduce from the news surrounding the releases (at least, I don't think so... I haven't read any of the press releases or news other than what's been posted here...) But, yeah, if people think about it, they can probably guess that 1 & 3 have just been put on hold until the 10th... And, the short version is simply that. All 3 will be available on the 10th in normal quantities.

I come here as a hobby, it has nothing to do with the studios. I love Blu-ray, I love this website, and I happen to be lucky enough to have a job making the things I love... So I share what I can... Unfortunately, while the burden of proof does lie with me, it's just something I can't provide...
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:08 PM   #1139
Rik1138 Rik1138 is offline
Senior Member
 
Aug 2008
LA, CA
209
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy73 View Post
Here's the thing, You may be an insider for all anyone knows on here. But, you're not offering up any clarification as to the problems that most of us on here are speculating about. ... Then you seemed to get frustrated. That's not in line with how I've seen the official Blu-ray.com insiders react.
Yeah, I'm not 'official'... And probably come off kind of snarky in my replies... Sorry about that. No one's fault by my own. I think if I was questioned in a more polite way rather than basically 'Yeah, your lying, thanks anyway' my response might have been different. It looked like trolling, I should have just ignored it.

What clarification, specifically, do you want to know about?
I know the initial delay was due to 'approvals and licensing'. That's honestly all I know. I can only assume it involved getting a director or actor to approve something on the disc, but I don't know those details... (Of course, if Wesley has to approve something personally, that might explain it... )

Then there's the menus. There's a LOT of content on this disc. I couldn't believe how long you can just keep hitting the right arrow on the remote and still get new options, on multiple tiers! Do you know the difference between HDMV and Java based menus? You can only put so many graphics in HDMV menus (well, Java is limited too, but it's a higher limit). They couldn't fit all the graphics in HDMV (Blade 1 and 3 are HDMV menus), so they had to switch to Java. That involves completely re-doing the graphics in another way for that kind of programming. New graphics, new programming, new QC... Big PITA... But had to be done, or remove a bunch of the extras, which fortunately didn't seem to be an option. They wanted it all on the disc.

If there was more to the release delays, that's information I don't have... I pretty much just know the end results (release dates, and minimal explanation as to the delay). I'm not in the middle of all of the details...
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:17 PM   #1140
Kingmob Kingmob is offline
Member
 
Kingmob's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
486
Default

I saw a few copies of both movies at Coconuts, for those of you who have those stores, you might want to give them a try.
"The screen is a magic medium. It has such power that it can retain interest as it conveys emotions and moods that no other art form can hope to tackle."
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:01 PM.