COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Atlantis: The Lost Empire / Atlantis: Milo's Return (Blu-ray)
$14.96
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Monsters (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Phantom of the Paradise (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Maniac (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Spy Game / State of Play (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
The Descendants (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Old 06-24-2012, 04:39 AM   #32721
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Middle-Earth

lol Sorry Shin. I thought you were talking to me. Yeah, Prince actually PMed me immediately after I posted it.

I guess I could try and use the Prometheus ticket to watch something else as I have one more ticket.

By the way, Dial M for Murder is coming out on October 9th (which I just realized is what Hardtosay's post above me means. I thought she was posting a photo and it wasn't showing.) along with Strangers on a Train - two of my favorite Hitchcock films. This year is phenomenal for Hitchcock films as my favorite film of his is also coming out - Rear Window.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:53 AM   #32722

Feb 2012
AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtosayx View Post
10/9
Thanks! Can't wait! Hitchcock is awesome!!! It's not on Amazon yet so I was wondering.

I wonder if the members who are getting Mckenna Blu-ray for the slip are also getting Pete's Dragon lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboy2025 View Post
lol Sorry Shin. I thought you were talking to me. Yeah, Prince actually PMed me immediately after I posted it.

I guess I could try and use the Prometheus ticket to watch something else as I have one more ticket.

By the way, Dial M for Murder is coming out on October 9th (which I just realized is what Hardtosay's post above me means. I thought she was posting a photo and it wasn't showing.) along with Strangers on a Train - two of my favorite Hitchcock films. This year is phenomenal for Hitchcock films as my favorite film of his is also coming out - Rear Window.
I guess some theatres ticket booth workers may not have a problem if you go and use a ticket for something else. All they have to do is log in that you are seeing the said movie on the ticket.

Rear Window took me two viewings to like. Is that getting a slip too? That would be sweet.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:15 AM   #32723
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
PA

There's nothing wrong with Pete's Dragon. The other is an American Girl movie, there's quite a difference.

Last edited by hardtosayx; 06-24-2012 at 05:21 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:19 AM   #32724

Feb 2012
AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtosayx View Post
There's nothing wrong with Pete's Dragon. The other is an American Girl movie, there's quite a difference.
Nothing's wrong with either , I was just referring that both are children movies but I was just joking. I know there are some members that collect almost everything.

I'd probably watch Pete's Dragon one day. Don't recall watching it as a kid. I might have.

Last edited by TheBluRayPrince; 06-24-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:44 AM   #32725

Feb 2010
USA

Looks like The Five Year Engagement will have a slip:
The Big Bang Theory is awesome!
Fan of How I Met Your Mother
Chuck Rules!!!
WWE Fan
I Love Taylor Swift!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #32726
Banned

Feb 2011

Is the Collector's edition that HARD TO GET today?

I recently bought one from Amazon but NO SLIPCOVER.

I checked Bestbuy, Target, FYE, Walmart and even Barnes & Noble Store. Most of them carry the holofoil one.

Is this really a limited scarce Slipcover?

Old 06-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #32727
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBlackRose98 View Post
Went back to the store today and Mirror Mirror actually doesn't have a slip! It was the dvd, I didn't look at it too well the first time.

That's really disappointing. The DVD slip looks lovely, and the BD is plain. Such a missed opportunity.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #32728
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismenace View Post
Is the Collector's edition that HARD TO GET today?

I recently bought one from Amazon but NO SLIPCOVER.

I checked Bestbuy, Target, FYE, Walmart and even Barnes & Noble Store. Most of them carry the holofoil one.

Is this really a limited scarce Slipcover?

Well Go generally doesn't have rare slips, not that I've seen. The issue was the CE (white slip) generally wasn't sold in stores. I've only seen it at walmart launch week. Well Go doesn't are not re-stocked at walmart.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:53 AM   #32729
Banned

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinseiRomeo View Post
Well Go generally doesn't have rare slips, not that I've seen. The issue was the CE (white slip) generally wasn't sold in stores. I've only seen it at walmart launch week. Well Go doesn't are not re-stocked at walmart.
I agree with you, but totally even Amazon ships "slipless" version for this collector's edition
Old 06-25-2012, 02:42 AM   #32730
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
PA

Well that happens with any release after a while. Like shin said, it wasn't really sold in stores, only online. It's not that it's "rare," it's just not as easy to come across because it wasn't sold in most stores.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:15 AM   #32731

Feb 2012
AZ

Hey,

If anyone ever thought of picking up Transformers Revenge of the Fallen from Walmart better act now:

Just a warning though, five slots were filled in the pic, but not one single mint slipcover

Last edited by TheBluRayPrince; 06-25-2012 at 04:34 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:35 AM   #32732
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluRayPrince View Post
Hey,

If anyone ever thought of picking up Transformers Revenge of the Fallen from Walmart better act now:

Just a warning though, five slots were filled in the pic, but not one single mint slipcover
One of my local wal-marts threw them all in shopping carts. Had two full carts by the entrance with them all marked for 5 bucks. I'm sure many of them aren't in great condition though.
YNWA.

Don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:44 AM   #32733

Feb 2012
AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
One of my local wal-marts threw them all in shopping carts. Had two full carts by the entrance with them all marked for 5 bucks. I'm sure many of them aren't in great condition though.
I'm pretty sure they are extremely overstocked and want to get rid of them. All of the copies had a damaged spine or corner or edge.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:52 AM   #32734
Special Member

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinseiRomeo View Post
Actually not true. We got Legend of the Fist (with slip, I might add) back in for our blu ray mod the reset before last.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:56 AM   #32735
Special Member

Jan 2010

Quote:
Hey,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
Quote:
I'm pretty sure they are extremely overstocked and want to get rid of them. All of the copies had a damaged spine or corner or edge.
This version of Transformers, several Harry Potters, Star Trek and Merry Madagascar are the handful of movies that Walmart did a special buy on and now owns all the extra copies that did not sell. Most movies we get to send back after a month or two, but not these.

It surprises me that more stores havent had clear outs on these titles before now. Entirely up to management's digression though.

Harry Potter was, however, eventually exonerated and we got to send em all back.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:41 AM   #32736
Expert Member

Jul 2008
-

I picked up that version for $10 about a year ago when my store cleared them out. No regrets. Mint slip, too
Old 06-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #32737
Special Member

Apr 2010
Rochester, NY

Walmart also own G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. The original BD release for $10
Blu-Ray Total: 479
Slipcover Total: 234
Steelbook Total: 30
Stay up to date with my hauls, reviews and other movie news at MNMreviews and WeLiveFilm
Old 06-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #32738

Jan 2009
Camp Crystal Lake

Stoked for Pete's Dragon. Also had a question about where to find a couple movies with slip that i've seen posted recently:

-The FP (2011)
-The Loved ones (2009)

What country are the slips from and where can I find them? Thanks guys!
Hey you, yeah you with the teeth, check out my Slipcover and Steelbook Wants/For Sale/Trade:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/trading-for...ml#post5277603

"I saw a commercial that said, "forget everything you know about slip covers!" So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slip covers, but I didn't know what the hell they were." - Mitch Hedberg
Old 06-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #32739
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaughterHighMe View Post
Stoked for Pete's Dragon. Also had a question about where to find a couple movies with slip that i've seen posted recently:

-The FP (2011)
-The Loved ones (2009)

I remember the Love Ones was from Germany. I believe it's the special edition available from amazon.de
Don't know the other
WTB:
Standard Blu's: Finding Nemo (non 3D with slip), same for Brave. Cars 2 3D with all discs. Disney 3D releases (G-Force, Chicken Run, Little and Meet the Robinsons etc.). Beauty and the Beast Xmas with slip.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #32740
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaughterHighMe View Post

-The FP (2011)
-The Loved ones (2009)

I got my copy of The Loved Ones from grooves-inc.com (should still ship with the slipcover)

http://www.grooves-inc.com/richard-w...859439168.html

P.S. It's region B locked, so I hope you can play those
Three pitchers of beer & you still can't ask?

Last edited by tylerdurden10; 06-25-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Slipcovers

Tags
slipcovers