COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$54.96
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Destroy All Monsters (Blu-ray)
$12.74
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
D-Day Remembered (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Baltimore Ravens: Road to XLVII (Blu-ray)
$20.08
Hawaii Five-0: The Third Season (Blu-ray)
$23.24
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Cat People (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Old 06-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #1

Nov 2010
United Kingdom Zavvi Payment

Does anyone know how long it takes Zavvi to take payment from your Paypal account?

I am trying to remove my old card from paypal but due to the pending payment it is not possible ... also the payment was made back in December 2011.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
England

A payment from Dec 11 should have cleared yonks ago!

PSN: Goofy_Wookie
Old 06-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Leeds, England

Straight away I think.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #4

Nov 2010

still says it is pending and paypal say they can not do anything.

tbh i thought it had cleared straight away but checking online bank statements i can not see the transaction

Surely zavvi are not stupid enough to send out the goods before the payment clears
Old 06-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Do you have anything pre-ordered? as when I pre-order the PayPal charges are listed as 'Pending'
Old 06-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #6

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
Do you have anything pre-ordered? as when I pre-order the PayPal charges are listed as 'Pending'
no mate, i have only used zavvi twice.

i only use HMV or Play for pre-orders.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
England

There must be a problem there then, a glitch in the system with paypal

Old 06-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #8

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Lemmy View Post
There must be a problem there then, a glitch in the system with paypal
must of been, sent them an email a few days ago but have had no reply yet, was wondering if any one else had the same problem.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #9

May 2009
London, UK

it can take up to 6 months. all depends when the retailer presents the details to the bank

had this a few years back. I purchased some goods from Poundstrecher. their tills were down so they were doing card transactions the old fashion way (carbon copy slip)

i lost track and 2 months later they took it out. questioned it with the bank and they said it can take up to 6 months
Old 06-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
England

If your old card is going to expire they can't take the money anyway, so you will have to contact paypal and speak to them

Old 06-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #11

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrob View Post
it can take up to 6 months. all depends when the retailer presents the details to the bank

had this a few years back. I purchased some goods from Poundstrecher. their tills were down so they were doing card transactions the old fashion way (carbon copy slip)

i lost track and 2 months later they took it out. questioned it with the bank and they said it can take up to 6 months
has being just over 6 months but there is a date in PayPal (December 2012) saying when it expires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Lemmy View Post
If your old card is going to expire they can't take the money anyway, so you will have to contact paypal and speak to them
card has being canceled and had a replacement sent to me hence trying to remove old card.

Have already contacted PayPal and there saying there is nothing they can do and to contact zavvi which i have done but no reply.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2010
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lleyton View Post
Does anyone know how long it takes Zavvi to take payment from your Paypal account?

I am trying to remove my old card from paypal but due to the pending payment it is not possible ... also the payment was made back in December 2011.
If you've had the goods already then just cancel the payment and you should be able to remove your old card. If Zavvi can't be bothered to take payment then its just tough shit on them really. Simples!!!
"Explanation is no good. You have to let them figure it out for themselves"

Stanley Kubrick. RIP
Old 06-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #13

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge View Post
If you've had the goods already then just cancel the payment and you should be able to remove your old card. If Zavvi can't be bothered to take payment then its just tough shit on them really. Simples!!!
if only it was that simple, there is no option to cancel the transaction as the process has completed my end it is awaiting for zavvi to accept.

Here is part of the reply from paypal, just waiting for the natwest site to come back online and going to double check if they have taken payment as i noticed that most of the money was already in my paypal account so the difference would of being taken off my card.

"An ‘Order’ is an agreement between you and a merchant for a purchase of a specified amount. It is used when a merchant wants to delay taking a payment. The funds are not taken from your account straight away."
Old 06-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2010
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lleyton View Post
if only it was that simple, there is no option to cancel the transaction as the process has completed my end it is awaiting for zavvi to accept.

Here is part of the reply from paypal, just waiting for the natwest site to come back online and going to double check if they have taken payment as i noticed that most of the money was already in my paypal account so the difference would of being taken off my card.

"an ‘order’ is an agreement between you and a merchant for a purchase of a specified amount. It is used when a merchant wants to delay taking a payment. The funds are not taken from your account straight away."
ah!
"Explanation is no good. You have to let them figure it out for themselves"

Stanley Kubrick. RIP
Old 06-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #15

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge View Post
ah!

have just being reading paypal site and found this ... does this mean zavvi are no longer authorized to take payment?

"An ‘Order’ is an agreement between you and a merchant for a purchase of a specified amount. It is used when a merchant wants to delay taking a payment. The funds are not taken from your account straight away.

For example: The merchant may use the Order feature if they need to check if the item is in stock before taking your payment.

The payment will appear in your account with a status of ‘Pending’ until the merchant completes the order and takes payment. The status will then change to ‘Complete’. If you wish to cancel an order you must contact the merchant to do so. It is not possible to cancel an order from your PayPal account.
Note:

• The merchant cannot access your PayPal account or see any financial information
• When the merchant takes payment, PayPal will send you an email to advise you
• If the merchant does not take payment, an order will automatically be cancelled after 29 days and will have the status of ‘Void’ in your History Log

If the 29 day timeframe has passed please contact the merchant directly and request that they cancel the order for you. "
Old 06-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #16
Special Member

May 2011
London

It's more than 29 days. It should have been marked as "Void" automatically if I'm reading that correctly.
Elliot: He's a man from outer space and we're taking him to his spaceship.
Greg: Well, can't he just beam up?
Elliot: This is *reality*, Greg.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #17

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatross365 View Post
It's more than 29 days. It should have been marked as "Void" automatically if I'm reading that correctly.
just as i thought, will get on the phone tomorrow to both zavvi & paypal.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
England

Yeah, order is void for sure.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #19

Nov 2010

Gave zavvi a phone call yesterday which all they said is they would pass it onto there payments department and they will get in touch with paypal ... will probably take another 6 months

thanks for the help
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland