COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Audio Signature Classical Collection (Blu-ray)
$144.01
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Smurfs 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Los Angeles Kings: 2014 Stanley Cup Champions (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$74.35
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Cuban Fury (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Last Vegas (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Curtains (Blu-ray)
$17.47
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Big Chill (Blu-ray)
$27.59

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television

Old 06-19-2012, 03:37 AM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Why I like this show, which is kinda spoilery.

[Show spoiler]There r two really interesting sci-fi themes operating in the background that make this far above the police procedural it pretends to be. Exploring themes like this is what good sci fi was made for.

They have cleaverly twisted the stereotypical good guy bad guy roles in this. Keira is the good guy...there is no doubt, yet her ultimate goal is to protect a future where a corperate dictatorship rules and people work all their lives in a state of indebtedness to the government. Liber8 r definitely the bad guys. Their terrorist tactics r reprehensible. They r cold, heartless killers. But they r fighting to restore democracy to their world. The irony is brilliant and begs the question is it possible to cross too many lines in the quest for a noble goal?

As this thing progresses, I agree ull see Keira be affected by being in a truly free country and the lines between corporate right and wrong will begin to blur for her.

The other interesting theme they r exploring is time paradox. This week she didnt do the right thing, arrest someone for murder, because of the effect it may have on her future. This bring a whole level of moral issues into play. She has to worry about her husband and daughter and make her action dont damge the future they still live in. At the same time u have Kellog trying to make life easier for the woman who will be his grandmother. And Alex, who set up her return to the past. Future Alex and her husband r definitely sympathetic to Liber8 tho her husband never guessed the role his wife would take. They also laid the groundwork to bring the other female protector back in time when they discussed how Kagame arrived later because he was father away from the event. That might set up a Logan's Run good sandman bad sandman scenario. It's all very interesting and, kinda like Fringe, they do it without weighing down the fun of the show. Clever writing
32" Sharp Aquos LCD, 46" Samsung LN46C670 LCD
Tivo HD DVR, Onkyo TX-SR606, Sony BDP-550, Toshiba HD-A35

FOX, the network so dumb it should be called OX

Machete don't text.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:22 AM   #22
Blu-ray Champion

May 2010
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel_thai View Post
Why I like this show, which is kinda spoilery.

[Show spoiler]There r two really interesting sci-fi themes operating in the background that make this far above the police procedural it pretends to be. Exploring themes like this is what good sci fi was made for.

They have cleaverly twisted the stereotypical good guy bad guy roles in this. Keira is the good guy...there is no doubt, yet her ultimate goal is to protect a future where a corperate dictatorship rules and people work all their lives in a state of indebtedness to the government. Liber8 r definitely the bad guys. Their terrorist tactics r reprehensible. They r cold, heartless killers. But they r fighting to restore democracy to their world. The irony is brilliant and begs the question is it possible to cross too many lines in the quest for a noble goal?

As this thing progresses, I agree ull see Keira be affected by being in a truly free country and the lines between corporate right and wrong will begin to blur for her.

The other interesting theme they r exploring is time paradox. This week she didnt do the right thing, arrest someone for murder, because of the effect it may have on her future. This bring a whole level of moral issues into play. She has to worry about her husband and daughter and make her action dont damge the future they still live in. At the same time u have Kellog trying to make life easier for the woman who will be his grandmother. And Alex, who set up her return to the past. Future Alex and her husband r definitely sympathetic to Liber8 tho her husband never guessed the role his wife would take. They also laid the groundwork to bring the other female protector back in time when they discussed how Kagame arrived later because he was father away from the event. That might set up a Logan's Run good sandman bad sandman scenario. It's all very interesting and, kinda like Fringe, they do it without weighing down the fun of the show. Clever writing
Agree, the writing on the show is very good. Sooner or later Keira is going to have to make some tough decisions.
[Show spoiler]Letting the woman go was just the beginning. I loved Kellog trying to set his grandmother up You know that's something a lot of people would do.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Well she had a tough decision this week

Machete don't text.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:09 AM   #24
Blu-ray Champion

May 2010
NYC

lol
[Show spoiler] Terminator vibe this episode and your family members turning out not like you thought

Last edited by Tony208; 06-27-2012 at 04:15 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

My only problem with the ep is have a little bit of a tough time buying that Carlos
[Show spoiler]located a pregnant woman to be used as a trading piece between two members of the gang. That was a little hard to swallow

Machete don't text.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
PA

I finally caught up and watched eps 3, 4 & 5. Pretty good so far.

I looked up who plays Carlos to see what else he's been in cause he's seemed somewhat familiar but couldn't figure out from what. He played Hunter on Harper's Island. Also a surprise in ep 5 was the actress who played Rosie Larsen from The Killing, playing Kira's grandmother, Lily.

I'm glad they're handling the whole thing with the grandmother's, etc the way they are
[Show spoiler]killing them won't result in the time traveling offspring to die, disappear, etc
otherwise you could see where the story would/could go every other week.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:36 AM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omen2002 View Post
I finally caught up and watched eps 3, 4 & 5. Pretty good so far.

I looked up who plays Carlos to see what else he's been in cause he's seemed somewhat familiar but couldn't figure out from what. He played Hunter on Harper's Island. Also a surprise in ep 5 was the actress who played Rosie Larsen from The Killing, playing Kira's grandmother, Lily.

I'm glad they're handling the whole thing with the grandmother's, etc the way they are
[Show spoiler]killing them won't result in the time traveling offspring to die, disappear, etc
otherwise you could see where the story would/could go every other week.
I liked Lily so much, who I remembered from Fringe, I watched all 26 eps of The Killing last week. She wasnt in it as much as I had hoped

Machete don't text.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:08 AM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
PA

Quote:
I liked Lily so much, who I remembered from Fringe, I watched all 26 eps of The Killing last week. She wasnt in it as much as I had hoped
Yeah I wish she could be a regular character but my guess is we may not see her again at all.

As for The Killing, no, not in it nearly enough. The show could have benefited from more flashback scenes of her.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:37 AM   #29
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Still have yet to be able to watch this show because I wasn't able to find anywhere to actually watch this.

As long as the link stays working, I have finally found the Pilot. I guess the only issue now is hoping the rest of the episodes are available.
Last Watched: Alanis Morissette: Live at Montreux 2012
Last Bought: Ginger Snaps | Night of the Comet
PSN ID: KilloWertz
"Chuck me" 9/24/07 - 1/27/12
Old 07-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

So I'm still trying to figure out how the folks in the US are viewing this show?
Launch PS3 60GB, Launch PS3 Slim 120GB, Launch PS4
Family Room: (TV) Samsung LNT5271; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH; (Speakers) Definitive Technology ProCinema 60 5.1 System
New HT Room: (Projector) JVC RS45; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite SC-35; (Front Speakers) Monitor Audio RX6; (Center) RX Centre; (Side Surround Speakers) Monitor Audio RXFX; (Back Speakers) PSB Image B4 Compact Bookshelf; (Subwoofer) SVS PB12-Plus
GO PURPLE...BE GOLD!
Old 07-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #31
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorD View Post
So I'm still trying to figure out how the folks in the US are viewing this show?
I've been wondering the same thing all along. Like I said last night though, I finally found the Pilot. I can't post a link here though because it's not legal.

That is one reason why I've always thought that Showcase region locking their episodes on their website is stupid. It would be different if another company had the rights to the show here like studios do with movies, but that's not the case, so they could at least let all of North America see it since Canada is a part of it.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilloWertz View Post
Still have yet to be able to watch this show because I wasn't able to find anywhere to actually watch this.

As long as the link stays working, I have finally found the Pilot. I guess the only issue now is hoping the rest of the episodes are available.
Where did u find the pilot?

Machete don't text.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #33
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH

Quote:
Where did u find the pilot?
It's an illegal site. I can't post the full link because they'll likely frown on that here, but it's on tv-links.eu.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #34
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

Quote:
It's an illegal site. I can't post the full link because they'll likely frown on that here, but it's on tv-links.eu.
Thanks KilloWertz...I'll do a look see.
Launch PS3 60GB, Launch PS3 Slim 120GB, Launch PS4
Family Room: (TV) Samsung LNT5271; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH; (Speakers) Definitive Technology ProCinema 60 5.1 System
New HT Room: (Projector) JVC RS45; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite SC-35; (Front Speakers) Monitor Audio RX6; (Center) RX Centre; (Side Surround Speakers) Monitor Audio RXFX; (Back Speakers) PSB Image B4 Compact Bookshelf; (Subwoofer) SVS PB12-Plus
GO PURPLE...BE GOLD!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

It's a shame it's so hard to find.

Machete don't text.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #36
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH

Quote:
It's a shame it's so hard to find.
Indeed, but I'm glad that I have finally found it. I enjoyed the Pilot and anticipate continuing to enjoy the rest of the season. It reminds me of something SyFy would have had on back in the day.

I really hope this ends up getting at the very least a DVD release here at some point. Lost Girl is getting a Blu-ray and DVD release for it's first two seasons here in October I believe.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:10 AM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Quote:
Indeed, but I'm glad that I have finally found it. I enjoyed the Pilot and anticipate continuing to enjoy the rest of the season. It reminds me of something SyFy would have had on back in the day.

I really hope this ends up getting at the very least a DVD release here at some point. Lost Girl is getting a Blu-ray and DVD release for it's first two seasons here in October I believe.
Im glad u finally saw it. I think the fact that it's only ten eps helps with a BD or dvd release.

Theyve taken a fairly standard police show and filled it with so many interesting sci fi ideas. As the show goes on they continue to show snippets from 2077 which fills back story for Kiera and Liber8. Enjoy.

Machete don't text.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:29 AM   #38
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH

Quote:
Im glad u finally saw it. I think the fact that it's only ten eps helps with a BD or dvd release.

Theyve taken a fairly standard police show and filled it with so many interesting sci fi ideas. As the show goes on they continue to show snippets from 2077 which fills back story for Kiera and Liber8. Enjoy.
Thanks.

I likely will never be caught up before the season is over because I'm overloaded with movies and TV shows on Blu-ray right now, but I don't want to wait too long either just in case the links disappear at some point. I'll try to squeeze in an episode a week.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #39
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH

Looks like my source dried up for the third episode. The only two links that would work had issues with the dialogue being ahead of the video by a few seconds, which is unwatchable of course. I guess I'll have to go back to waiting for a region free DVD or Blu-ray release. At least I now know that it'll be worth owning.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Another good ep as Liber8 continues to ramp things up. Many many secrets.

Machete don't text.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television