Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack / Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (Blu-ray)
$13.59
Hentai Prince & the Stony Cat: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Fairy Tail: Part 11 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After You've Seen It!)
One Star 12 1.11%
Two Stars 25 2.30%
Three Stars 96 8.85%
Four Stars 352 32.44%
Five Stars 600 55.30%
Voters: 1085. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2012, 03:22 AM   #8001

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmy Lugosi View Post
I still haven't seen anything that I'm excited about, so far as TDKR is concerned. The trailers and clips do nothing for me, and I have seen 'em all
Old 06-26-2012, 03:28 AM   #8002
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro View Post
I love TDK, and I'm in the same boat as Lemmy. Still pondering if I'm going to go see it at all tbh.

Time is the School in Which We Learn
Time is the Fire in Which We Burn

Delmore Schwartz (1913-1966)
Old 06-26-2012, 03:29 AM   #8003

Dec 2010

After watching Trailer #3, one can be sure that TDKR > TDK
Old 06-26-2012, 03:34 AM   #8004

Jun 2011

Quote:
I don't know if rises will be better then tdk but a can say with certainty that it will at least be better then the disappointment that Prometheus was
(nobody get me wrong, Prometheus was a fine movie just not as good as it could have been)
Old 06-26-2012, 03:46 AM   #8005
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81

Don't know if it's been said but there's a rumored trailer #4 that's supposed to show before Spider-man.

[Home Theater Setup

TV: Panasonic 50ST50 Plasma
Receiver: Denon 1712 *new*
Front Speakers: Polk Monitor 50's
Center: Polk CS10 *new*
Surrounds: Yamaha NX-220P
Sub: SVS SB-1000 *new*

Last edited by tommyboy81; 06-26-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:50 AM   #8006
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
Bangor, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy81 View Post
Don't know if it's been said but there's a rumored trailer #4 that's supposed to show before Spider-man.
Jeez. WB really must be banking on this to make Avengers type money. And people complain about the Amazing Spider-man having too much stuff out.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:03 AM   #8007
Power Member

Mar 2009
Monrovia, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
Jeez. WB really must be banking on this to make Avengers type money. And people complain about the Amazing Spider-man having too much stuff out.
WB hasn't put nearly as much out as Sony has for Spider-Man(they're giving out sneak preview DVDs at Wal-Mart). They're being aggressive with the marketing, but that's to be expected with a film of this scale.
There's also the fact that it has been 4 years since The Dark Knight has come out, whereas Paramount/Marvel released 5 2-hour commercials for The Avengers over 4 years.
Plus, it's Spider-Man. Why wouldn't you attach a superhero movie trailer to a superhero movie?
Old 06-26-2012, 04:19 AM   #8008

Jun 2009
Toronto, ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy81 View Post

Probably just the nokia trailer.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:19 AM   #8009
Power Member

Mar 2009
Monrovia, CA

I feel pretty confident that The Dark Knight Rises will make a lot of money, given that it's a good movie.
1. It's basically the last great movie of the summer. Some people might not be 100% sure it'll surpass TDK, but everyone I know knows of this movie, and everyone I know is excited about seeing it. These movies coming out the weeks following TDKR, people have not even heard of(except for Expendables 2, but nobody I know plans on seeing it because they disliked the first film.
2. The Dark Knight made a billion dollars. The average moviegoer will go see the sequel regardless of what they think of the trailers. My friends all saw Pirates 2 & 3 in theaters and hated it, but loved the first to death, and they all still came back for the 4th one. And the 4th one still managed to pass the billion dollar mark because of audience members' loyalty. The Dark Knight made a lot of money, and everyone I know loved that movie so they'll definitely go see the next one.
3. There seems to be a trend that the final film in a series will make the most money. The Return of the King and Death Hallows Pt. 2 broke box office records, and made substantially more than the films before them. I think audiences love watching films with "real endings" and if TDKR has an epic climax and an emotional finish, fans of the series will definitely come back again and again.

I don't think it'll make as much as The Avengers. The Avengers isn't dark, it's fun. It's the kind of film that almost anyone between the ages of 4 and 64 can enjoy. It's filled to the brim with action and comedy. Also it's in 3D.
TDKR might make a lot from IMAX showings and repeat viewings, but if the film is as dark as it looks, it could be like with TDK, where parents wouldn't take their children to see it, and children usually make up a big part of the superhero movie market.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:23 AM   #8010

Jul 2007

I haven't paid to see a 2d movie in a year. I am more excited to see spiderman the 3d trailer look amazing. My favourite movie so far this year was prometheus saw it 3 times now waiting for bluray

Last edited by bluskiff; 06-26-2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:39 AM   #8011

Jun 2011

Quote:
i feel the same way. ive thought tdkr is going to be the best one for a while now but ive watched that 3rd trailer so many times lol. incredible trailer. nolan is a genius and i firmly believe he found a way for tdkr to top em all.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:03 AM   #8012

Mar 2010
E-town

I just don't see this one making the type of money that TDK did. Yeah, it's gonna make a killing... but nothing like TDK and certainly not Avengers type money.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:17 AM   #8013

Apr 2010
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenostalgia23 View Post
I feel pretty confident that The Dark Knight Rises will make a lot of money, given that it's a good movie.
1. It's basically the last great movie of the summer. Some people might not be 100% sure it'll surpass TDK, but everyone I know knows of this movie, and everyone I know is excited about seeing it. These movies coming out the weeks following TDKR, people have not even heard of(except for Expendables 2, but nobody I know plans on seeing it because they disliked the first film.
2. The Dark Knight made a billion dollars. The average moviegoer will go see the sequel regardless of what they think of the trailers. My friends all saw Pirates 2 & 3 in theaters and hated it, but loved the first to death, and they all still came back for the 4th one. And the 4th one still managed to pass the billion dollar mark because of audience members' loyalty. The Dark Knight made a lot of money, and everyone I know loved that movie so they'll definitely go see the next one.
3. There seems to be a trend that the final film in a series will make the most money. The Return of the King and Death Hallows Pt. 2 broke box office records, and made substantially more than the films before them. I think audiences love watching films with "real endings" and if TDKR has an epic climax and an emotional finish, fans of the series will definitely come back again and again.

I don't think it'll make as much as The Avengers. The Avengers isn't dark, it's fun. It's the kind of film that almost anyone between the ages of 4 and 64 can enjoy. It's filled to the brim with action and comedy. Also it's in 3D.
TDKR might make a lot from IMAX showings and repeat viewings, but if the film is as dark as it looks, it could be like with TDK, where parents wouldn't take their children to see it, and children usually make up a big part of the superhero movie market.
+1
I was surprised of the box office performance of 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides'. i watched it in theater for Depp (and the compulsive attitude to watch all the sequels in theater once u started it) even though i hate the POC: At World's End. Right now Resident Evil is the series i hate but still watch it in theater .
The world is changed. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:24 AM   #8014
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Yeah, umm, that's not gonna happen. And I freakin' hate Avatard.

I'd much rather see The Avengers beat Av, myself.

I still haven't seen anything that I'm excited about, so far as TDKR is concerned. The trailers and clips do nothing for me, and I have seen 'em all.

I loved the first two Nolan bat-films, but the third one just looks really bad to me. So far, anyway. But I am definitely very anxious to see it.
Same here. Bane looks dull to me so far. I love Batman Begins, The Dark Knight is good as well, though not as good as Begins.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #8015

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
Same here. Bane looks dull to me so far. I love Batman Begins, The Dark Knight is good as well, though not as good as Begins.
Bane-
"When previous box office records are ashes, you have my permission to die."
Maybe they were trying to tone him down a bit. People still remember the Bane from the batman and Robin movie. If you could, what would you do differently that would make Bane look or act not dull?

Last edited by batmaniscool70; 06-26-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:43 AM   #8016
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")

Quote:
[Show spoiler]Yeah, umm, that's not gonna happen. And I freakin' hate Avatard.

I'd much rather see The Avengers beat Av, myself.

I still haven't seen anything that I'm excited about, so far as TDKR is concerned. The trailers and clips do nothing for me, and I have seen 'em all.

I loved the first two Nolan bat-films, but the third one just looks really bad to me. So far, anyway. But I am definitely very anxious to see it.
Lol - Based on a couple 1-2:00 min. trailers, it "just looks really bad", yet you're very anxious to see it .

To each their own but when I see comments like that, especially when the movie in question is Quite LONG, meaning that pretty much 90% of it is still left for the Viewer to see in the Theater, it just makes me laugh. No offense to you specifically, btw. Just to similar comments like that in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
I'm kind of on the fence on Bane also, the whole voice thing & IF they've "adjusted" or "tweaked" it since that first 6-minute trailer.

Either way guys, when it comes to Top Tier Directors, all I have to say is "In Nolan WE (should) Trust".
* Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles/11 Yrs!! (02-13) *

POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!"
* TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's *
ONKYO TX-NR838 DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
* BLU-RAYS: 945 *
Old 06-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #8017

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoku View Post
+1
I was surprised of the box office performance of 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides'. i watched it in theater for Depp (and the compulsive attitude to watch all the sequels in theater once u started it) even though i hate the POC: At World's End. Right now Resident Evil is the series i hate but still watch it in theater .
Yes i too was surprised at the box office success for POC: On Stranger's Tide. I liked the previous 3 part series and the forth one was starting with a new story. Watched it in the theater and was disappointed with the movie and the 3D technology. Although Depp was the same, the movie wasn't.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #8018
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
Ireland, Dublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenostalgia23 View Post

That part in bold right there makes whatever else you said afterwards pointless. How can you know its a good movie?

People are assuming its going to be great because its Nolan and its Batman.
People assumed Prometheus would be great because it was Scott and sci-fi.

Everybody's different but saying it is a good movie is just wrong.

Folks are getting grief for disliking the trailers because they're only 2 minutes long. Yet its OK to think the movie will be great based off the same trailers!?

I'm not picking on you specifically but people assuming its going to great just to take a step back. Wait until the film is out, watch it and then decide whether its great or not.
Proud member of the Blu Clan
(When not playing Destiny)

10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 50% Pain =
100% Reason to Remember the Name
Old 06-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #8019

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydlp View Post
That part in bold right there makes whatever else you said afterwards pointless. How can you know its a good movie?

People are assuming its going to be great because its Nolan and its Batman.
People assumed Prometheus would be great because it was Scott and sci-fi.

Everybody's different but saying it is a good movie is just wrong.

Folks are getting grief for disliking the trailers because they're only 2 minutes long. Yet its OK to think the movie will be great based off the same trailers!?

I'm not picking on you specifically but people assuming its going to great just to take a step back. Wait until the film is out, watch it and then decide whether its great or not.
Your right ,no one should ever get grief for disliking the trailer. We should be all open to hear any and all complaints someone may have with the trailers or movies ,even worries they may have with the film. I think now would be a good time to discuses any of that if you guys want.

Last edited by batmaniscool70; 06-26-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #8020

Dec 2010

Comes out on 26 July in my town. Looking forward to getting tickets on the premiere.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies