COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Afflicted (Blu-ray)
$12.49
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Slumber Party Massacre (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Queen Margot (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Cat People (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Poirot: The Final Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$125.99
Earthflight: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$22.49
D-Day Remembered (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 06-26-2012, 06:40 AM   #16481

Dec 2009
Blue Mountains NSW

A nice surprise waiting for me at home! Thanks for the recommendation.... Sorry I can't remember who you are! I think it might have been badas.....

Really looking forward to it!
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by BIGRED1977; 06-26-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #16482

Jun 2010
Melbourne, Australia

Picked up Lemony Snickets, 8 Mile, The Man in the Iron Mask and School of .
Also for anyone near Melbourne The Astor is showing Raiders Of The Lost Ark, remastered in 4K, daily, starting Sunday July 1st till the 7th
Old 06-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #16483
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Does the new Total Recall Ultimate Edition have a lenticular slip like the other two paramount slipcover (I know it's Universal)??
WTB:
Standard Blu's: Finding Nemo (non 3D with slip), same for Brave. Cars 2 3D with all discs. Disney 3D releases (G-Force, Chicken Run, Little and Meet the Robinsons etc.). Beauty and the Beast Xmas with slip.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #16484

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMate View Post
Does the new Total Recall Ultimate Edition have a lenticular slip like the other two paramount slipcover (I know it's Universal)??
Yes because Anamesis said it did in the Release Schedule thread, to which you replied to.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #16485
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
Yes because Anamesis said it did in the Release Schedule thread, to which you replied to.
I asked here because I didn't get a reply from anyone there and thought I would get an answer quicker here I didn't know which film he was talking about so wasn't sure
WTB:
Standard Blu's: Finding Nemo (non 3D with slip), same for Brave. Cars 2 3D with all discs. Disney 3D releases (G-Force, Chicken Run, Little and Meet the Robinsons etc.). Beauty and the Beast Xmas with slip.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:27 AM   #16486

Jul 2010
Melbourne, Australia

Bought:

School of Rock
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Tron 3D Viva Metal Box

--
Also I read a while ago someone wished there was a thread about what Disney Animated movies are out on blu-ray/out of print.. I've written it all up etc (with the help of the UK thread) but not sure If it's worth having??
Old 06-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #16487
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Edge of the Accretion Disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_The_Blue View Post
Also directed Doomsday, not everyones cup of tea but I loved it. Worth checking out on Blu.
And Marshall did Centurion, which I kinda enjoyed. (Though you can tell it's been hacked. I'd like to see a restored cut with the extra 45 minutes or so he removed after a bad test screening.)

But neither of those are really up to the level of Dog Soldiers and The Descent. I'd like to see him back on his game.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #16488
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Well, my camping-out-at-AusPost parcel From Amazon US finally arrived today!

The Good: Got the new Planet of the Apes box, Criterion's Stagecoach, the Big Lebowski digibook (a blind buy, so in Coen we trust), the Gamera Trilogy, Oliver Stone's Nixon, and the new Sister Act double.

The Grrr: All of these were just dumped in a box about three times the necessary size, with not a single piece of padding. Nothing. They've been bouncing around all the way across the Pacific, so they're all banged up. The corners of the digibook all look like they've been rear-ended, and the PotA box has been scrunched so badly the individual cases inside are damaged.

Sometimes Amazon's packaging is top-notch, and sometimes you get a bundle that looks like it's been packed by someone who'd rather be working at Burger King, or else be perching up a tower at a shopping mall with his granpappy's shotgun.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #16489
Special Member

Apr 2010
Western Australia SteelBooks:........................49
Send a message via MSN to Blu-RayNut Send a message via Skype™ to Blu-RayNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Well, my camping-out-at-AusPost parcel From Amazon US finally arrived today!

The Good: Got the new Planet of the Apes box, Criterion's Stagecoach, the Big Lebowski digibook (a blind buy, so in Coen we trust), the Gamera Trilogy, Oliver Stone's Nixon, and the new Sister Act double.

The Grrr: All of these were just dumped in a box about three times the necessary size, with not a single piece of padding. Nothing. They've been bouncing around all the way across the Pacific, so they're all banged up. The corners of the digibook all look like they've been rear-ended, and the PotA box has been scrunched so badly the individual cases inside are damaged.

Sometimes Amazon's packaging is top-notch, and sometimes you get a bundle that looks like it's been packed by someone who'd rather be working at Burger King, or else be perching up a tower at a shopping mall with his granpappy's shotgun.
The inconsistencies are truly annoying in the way packaging differs from one order to the next. I hope you get it sorted.

Watched: Die Hard With A Vengeance then Die Hard 4.0. Always been a big fan of John McClane and his exploits, stubborn Irish bastard has a knack for finding himself in sticky situations. Love it, bring on Die Hard 5 i say.
My Setup:- TV - Sony Bravia KDL-40V4000, Blu-ray Player - Sony BDP-S570, Amplifier - Yamaha HTR-6130, Speakers - Sherwood GSP-5110 5.1 Ch Speaker System.

Wanted: Slips for Lady & The Tramp, Pinocchio, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Life of Pi, & World War Z
Old 06-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #16490
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal Kint View Post
Where did you order this from? I have looked on Amazon and JB HiFi and it looks like I can only order from the extortionists on EBay
I was in the same boat and made the snap decision to jump in before it was to late

I bought one from an amazon uk extortionist

Watched: Contraband (cool film)
Old 06-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #16491
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph_m View Post
Bought:

School of Rock
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Tron 3D Viva Metal Box

--
Also I read a while ago someone wished there was a thread about what Disney Animated movies are out on blu-ray/out of print.. I've written it all up etc (with the help of the UK thread) but not sure If it's worth having??
I would be interested if you got it up mate
Old 06-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #16492
Special Member

May 2010
Melbourne, Aus

Watched: Brave, Men In Black 3 and Rock of Ages.

Brave and Men In Black were great and entertaining. Both highly recommended.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #16493

Sep 2009
Central Coast, NSW, Australia

Just put in an order with JB online to pick up some nice prices with their 20% off seeing as though my local one usually has higher prices than the web site. Scored:

Starman (MAJOR John Carpenter fan - will be great to finally revisit it) & Mary Shelley's Frankenstein in the 2 for $20 (so $16 for the two)
Chinatown - $12.78
The Rocketeer - not supposed to be out until next month but as I mentioned last week JB seemed to have mucked up the release date on their site. Good thing though as it applied the 20% off so $12.78 Man have I wanted to rewatch this for a long time
The Librarian Trilogy - Seen the first one and always wanted to check out the second and third, especially considering most think they're better. Good fun kind of like The Mummy films and the box set was $22.39 for all three.

Watched: The Fugitive. Great film: yes. Great disc: no, not so much.
LATEST FOR SALE ITEMS:
Epic (US BD/DVD/UV) $10. New/sealed. Price includes shipping anywhere in Australia!

--| Sale/Trade thread - Steels & regular Blus! ...big update June 8! |--
Old 06-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #16494
Special Member

Apr 2010
Western Australia SteelBooks:........................49
Send a message via MSN to Blu-RayNut Send a message via Skype™ to Blu-RayNut

Watched: Inside Man. Well crafted flick that poses more questions that it answers, and I like that, obviously a film that needs to be followed up.
My Setup:- TV - Sony Bravia KDL-40V4000, Blu-ray Player - Sony BDP-S570, Amplifier - Yamaha HTR-6130, Speakers - Sherwood GSP-5110 5.1 Ch Speaker System.

Wanted: Slips for Lady & The Tramp, Pinocchio, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Life of Pi, & World War Z
Old 06-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #16495
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Ahh, I another missed sale. You guys seem to have all the special and sales when I'm gone, I garuntee there will be none when I get back. Desperate to go to JB right now, miss Australia only 1.5 months to go
WTB:
Old 06-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #16496
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Can anyone explain why this is $72!!?
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/d...ray-dvd/666807
WTB:
Old 06-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #16497
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Recent UK/German/Holland haul (I think I'm done, except Paris)
WTB:
Old 06-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #16498
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMate View Post
Recent UK/German/Holland haul (I think I'm done, except Paris)
Nice haul mate !
Old 06-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #16499
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Last night, I watched

Sister Act
A longtime favourite "lift your spirits" flick, so I'm very happy it's been released, and even more happy to see that Disney has done a generally great job with the transfer. Both image and sound are really clean but not scrubbed, and even though there's only one audio track, it's DTS-HD MA 5.1. A couple of the extras from the DVD made their way across to the Blu, but not the one of the three I liked!

Sister Act 2
Hadn't seen this before, and won't rush to again. It's one of those films where it's blatant that every scene has been calculated and massaged to add specific elements to a predetermined formula. Unlike the first, nobody seems to be having a good time. To make it worse, the transfer is at best undistinguished. Nowhere near as entertaining as the first flick.

Gamera: Guardian of the Universe
I bought this completely on a whim — it's the first film from a 1990s trilogy, the most recent of the Gamera reboots, and has been given an unexpectedly good transfer to Blu. I was a bit worried when the back of the case said it was NTSC and DD5.1, but it's not a bit of it — both this and Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion on the same disc are 1080p at 1.85:1, with DTS-HD HR 5.1 audio. They also have quite well-done English dub tracks (those are in DD5.1) and English subtitles. No extras, but heck the entire trilogy was less than $8, so I figure I'm way ahead. The films themselves are a lot of fun, as they're done with flair and tongue firmly in cheek, and a nice mix of model shots, optical effects and puppetry — like a giant Thunderbirds episode.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #16500
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcuss View Post
Watched Ninja Assassin last night. PQ is excellent and the sound of all those Ninja stars flying around my head was great.
Great! i picked this up as a blind buy last week and am relieved to see that it is ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGRED1977 View Post

A nice surprise waiting for me at home! Thanks for the recommendation.... Sorry I can't remember who you are! I think it might have been badas.....
Really looking forward to it!
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Jealous...mine still hasn't arrived and it shipped on the 16th Amazon UK shipping is all over the shop. Maybe today (crosses fingers)...

Mac, you will LOVE The Big Lebowski on first viewing, and really, REALLY love it on repeat viewings
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia