Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$99.99
32 min ago
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$19.99
16 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.96

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96
7 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Time Bandits (Blu-ray)
$21.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After You've Seen It!)
One Star 1 11.11%
Two Stars 4 44.44%
Three Stars 1 11.11%
Four Stars 2 22.22%
Five Stars 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England
Arrow Chernobyl Diaries Review Thread (Spoilers)

Looks pretty decent, although it doesn't seem like it can make up it's mind about whether it's found footage or not, looks like we're getting quite a few decent horror films this year though
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings. Big Eyes. Unbroken.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Mr. Turner. Mommy. Frank. Godzilla. Nightcrawler. Gone Girl. Interstellar. The Raid 2. Whiplash. The Rover. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
Power Member

Jan 2010
Jacksonville, FL

This looks pretty damn cool. I have an unnatural fear of radiation and the like so watching stuff like The Day After or The Hills Have Eyes have that extra element (pun intended) that just sends my adrenaline into overdrive. I may have to see this on the big screen.
Equipment:
RCA 39" LED 39B45RQ 1080P
PS3 80 GB
SONY 5.1 HOME THEATER SYSTEM STR-K660P
DIGIX BLU-RAY PLAYER BD-500
Old 03-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008
Isla Nublar

I love the setting.

Would love to go there.

Is it still safe?
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Anybody hear that? It's a, um... It's an impact tremor, that's what it is... I'm fairly alarmed here.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #4

Sep 2008
Over there, New Zealand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
I love the setting.

Would love to go there.

Is it still safe?
No idea. But i'd love to go there as well.
TV: Panasonic Viera TH-P50U20 1080P
Blu-Ray: PS3 Slim/PS4
Mobile: GALAXY S4
A/V Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR606
Sounds: 7.1 Channel Surround

Blu-Blood
Old 03-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #5

Feb 2012

It's not Found Footage at all.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #6
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackVincennes View Post
It's not Found Footage at all.
Have you seen the way it's shot though, it feels awkward when ever it cuts revealing it to be an actual film
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings. Big Eyes. Unbroken.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Mr. Turner. Mommy. Frank. Godzilla. Nightcrawler. Gone Girl. Interstellar. The Raid 2. Whiplash. The Rover. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2008
Franklin, WI
Send a message via AIM to Britnasty

Saw the trailer today before Cabin in the Woods and yeah, have to see this day one.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:49 PM   #8
Special Member

Oct 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesncc1701 View Post
This looks pretty damn cool. I have an unnatural fear of radiation and the like so watching stuff like The Day After or The Hills Have Eyes have that extra element (pun intended) that just sends my adrenaline into overdrive. I may have to see this on the big screen.
Be sure to also watch "The Crazies" (original or Remake... The remake is great!) and "Wrong Turn" 1-2

Last edited by Morsoth; 04-13-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #9
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
District 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britnasty View Post
Saw the trailer today before Cabin in the Woods and yeah, have to see this day one.
I saw the trailer, but i'm the complete opposite, it looks as cliche as possible down to the "Oh, my god" line in the trailer. And a bunch of other dumb stuff from every movie seen.
My Blu rays for sale Thread The Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan here. Favorite Movies Of the Year So Far X-Men: Days Of Future Past & The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

I've finished a third draft of my latest script. Which is a comedy called "Life As Liz" with Jen being in mind written as the lead. It's my 12th script.

DL the script in this link and PM me what you think.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:57 PM   #10
Banned

Nov 2008
-

Trailer looks pretty good, but i have a feeling its going to be garbage and simliar to Paranormal Activity and their boring sequels
Old 04-14-2012, 12:05 AM   #11
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
District 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolfoc View Post
Trailer looks pretty good, but i have a feeling its going to be garbage and simliar to Paranormal Activity and their boring sequels
Well, it is from "the creator of Paranormal Activity" Oren Peli so its gotta be poo.
My Blu rays for sale Thread The Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan here. Favorite Movies Of the Year So Far X-Men: Days Of Future Past & The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

I've finished a third draft of my latest script. Which is a comedy called "Life As Liz" with Jen being in mind written as the lead. It's my 12th script.

DL the script in this link and PM me what you think.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:08 AM   #12
Power Member

Jan 2010
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Ian View Post
I love the setting.

Would love to go there.

Is it still safe?
There is a company out there called SoloEast Travel with whom you can book tours. I'd love to go myself before the big sleep.
Equipment:
RCA 39" LED 39B45RQ 1080P
PS3 80 GB
SONY 5.1 HOME THEATER SYSTEM STR-K660P
DIGIX BLU-RAY PLAYER BD-500
Old 04-14-2012, 01:38 AM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolfoc View Post
Looks absolutely nothing like PA or the sequels (which have all entertained me more than anything else Hollywood has produced in the horror genre) and besides one shot, it looks nothing like found footage. That's like saying Requiem for a Dream is found footage.
DVD Aficionado - quickdraw_ltd's DVD Collection

Bedroom Theater
Panasonic VIERA TC-L42E3 42-Inch
Sony PlayStation 3 160GB
VIZIO VSB200
Old 04-14-2012, 02:47 AM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Deep in the jungle.

That looks pretty cool....I'll see it. Eventually.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012
London
-
United Kingdom

saw it with no expectations as i expected it to be mediocre. To be fair i wouldnt have gone at all if i didnt own a monthly cinema pass.

suprisingly not as bad as i expected, yes its one giant cliche of a horror film, the characters are plain dumb, the end is pathetic, but asid from that the idea is quite good.

id say its worth a one off watch if you can see it for free, i wouldnt recommend buying it as it has no replay value whatsoever. its ok as a brainless timefiller.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:00 AM   #16
Banned

Jun 2012

BUMPS
Old 06-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #17
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadelf View Post
saw it with no expectations as i expected it to be mediocre. To be fair i wouldnt have gone at all if i didnt own a monthly cinema pass.

suprisingly not as bad as i expected, yes its one giant cliche of a horror film, the characters are plain dumb, the end is pathetic, but asid from that the idea is quite good.

id say its worth a one off watch if you can see it for free, i wouldnt recommend buying it as it has no replay value whatsoever. its ok as a brainless timefiller.
So essentially, it's completely awful execution of a half decent idea
Old 06-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #18
Special Member

Oct 2010

Easily one of the worst films I've seen in a while. Went in with pretty low expectations, and it didn't even meet them. The setting was good, but you knew everything that was going to happen. At least in PA, when something "weird" happened at least it happened on camera. With this, it's done so herby-jerky, you see a flash/hint of something creepy for literally 1/2 second, then the camera just jumps around and you get a big scary noise (OOOOOH! I'm shaking). Even my 15 year old daughter (the reason I went) thought it was terrible.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #19

Mar 2011
OPKS

I thoroughly enjoyed it but I'm a huge sucker for the setting of Pripyat/Chernobyl. I loved Call Of Duty 4 for the same reason.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants Fan View Post
Easily one of the worst films I've seen in a while. Went in with pretty low expectations, and it didn't even meet them. The setting was good, but you knew everything that was going to happen. At least in PA, when something "weird" happened at least it happened on camera. With this, it's done so herby-jerky, you see a flash/hint of something creepy for literally 1/2 second, then the camera just jumps around and you get a big scary noise (OOOOOH! I'm shaking). Even my 15 year old daughter (the reason I went) thought it was terrible.
Yeah, pretty disappointing. But should of been expected I guess. I agree on the setting cause it was an interesting idea. But that was about it. At times I wanted to say hold still, hold still, HOLD STILL. ...and toss in some 'what was that?' cause you things just flashed by in the blink of an eye.

Definitely one time where the shaky hand held cam did not help to cover up for a poor movie.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies