Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: Age of Extinction (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$22.49
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$123.99
Fringe: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.09
Spartacus: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$108.99
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$14.49
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$75.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Treme: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Treme: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$20.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #1221

May 2009
united kingdom
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Yes! How did trans22 get a U.S copy of Blade II in England, when the blu-ray isn't release here in the U.S until next month?
I got it from an ebay seller who usually receives US blu-rays a couple of weeks before the official release date.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #1222

Aug 2009

So from what I see in this thread, the Blade blu-ray that was released the 19th of June is the same almost anywhere.

As far as Blade: Trinity released on the 19th, it appears the Australian version has the theatrical version (the unrated too?) but the US released version only has the extended cut.

Do I have that correct? I am not a fan of the extended cut of Trinity, and would rather have the theatrical version, but if that is the only version I can get in America (that has correct OAR, HD audio, ect) then I guess I am stuck.

Apologies if I missed my answer somewhere in this thread.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #1223

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by trans22 View Post
I received the US blu-ray yesterday in England and i can tell you it looks perfectly fine but nothing special.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trans22 View Post
I got it from an ebay seller who usually receives US blu-rays a couple of weeks before the official release date.

I'm Jelly, can you post some screen shots? And how did the audio sound especially in the opening scene/house of pain(club scene)?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #1224
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDigital View Post
So from what I see in this thread, the Blade blu-ray that was released the 19th of June is the same almost anywhere.

As far as Blade: Trinity released on the 19th, it appears the Australian version has the theatrical version (the unrated too?) but the US released version only has the extended cut.

Do I have that correct? I am not a fan of the extended cut of Trinity, and would rather have the theatrical version, but if that is the only version I can get in America (that has correct OAR, HD audio, ect) then I guess I am stuck.

Apologies if I missed my answer somewhere in this thread.
Where did you hear that? Cause that's not correct. The Australian release does not include the theatrical version, it only has the extended cut on the disc, just like the U.S release.
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avp/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (region free), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One & 360 250gb s, Sony PS4 & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony 1100i remote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #1225
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
Toronto, Ontario

Just received my copy, sent up North by fellow forum member silverlakephil

Thanks Phil!

I think I'm one of the few Canadians to have the New Line release right now, seeing how it's not available in Canada yet.

Future Shop and Best Buy are clearing out the Alliance Blades at $4.99 apiece, but I wouldn't count on seeing the new transfer from Alliance before September.
Check out my Star Wars Home Video Collection Website:
swhomevid.site40.net

Yes, I STILL BUY DVDs! Any DVD with extras not ported to the blu-ray is STILL WORTH BUYING!

Most recent blu-rays: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Triple Feature (April 26), Star Trek: The Original Series, Season 1 (April 20)
Old 06-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #1226
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

Kind of late to the party, but I'm wondering if there is anything I need to look out for to make sure I get the new discs of each movie?
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?
Old 06-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #1227
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
Toronto, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Kind of late to the party, but I'm wondering if there is anything I need to look out for to make sure I get the new discs of each movie?
Just make sure there's no french writing or Alliance logo on the cover.

BAD:

[Show spoiler]

GOOD:

[Show spoiler]
swhomevid.site40.net

Yes, I STILL BUY DVDs! Any DVD with extras not ported to the blu-ray is STILL WORTH BUYING!

Most recent blu-rays: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Triple Feature (April 26), Star Trek: The Original Series, Season 1 (April 20)
Old 06-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #1228
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

That's correct. The U.S. version of Blade Trinity only has the extended version on the disk. There is even a warning on the front cover that says "does not include theatrical version".
Old 06-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #1229

May 2009
united kingdom
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevezissou View Post
I'm Jelly, can you post some screen shots? And how did the audio sound especially in the opening scene/house of pain(club scene)?

Thanks in advance.
The DTS-HD MA 5.1 track is fantastic the DTS HD-MA 7.1 sounds a lot quieter than the 5.1 mix, picture is noticeably better than the dvd.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #1230

Aug 2009

Cevolution,

I noticed that this blu-ray case does not have the warning at the bottom that says 'does not include theatrical version of the film' hence why I asked if it had both versions, or the theatrical cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevolution View Post
Blade Trinity was released on blu here in Australia last week.

Blade 2 is also currently scheduled for release here in Australia on the 10th July. Blade 1 however has no listing for a release here as of yet, though it is possible that it might be released on the same day as Blade 2, fingers crossed. If not I will just import the 1st Blade film from the U.S after the 10th of July.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #1231
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

BDigital, that's not the U.S. version.

This is the U.S. Version:

The U.S. Version also has two stickers on the unopened factory packaging which has a "First Time on Blu-ray" and another sticker that has "get Up To $5.00 Off Admission Ticket to The Dark Knight Rises".

The image you posted is from the PAL U.K. version.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #1232
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I think I'll wait until all three are released unless I come across a great deal on the one's that have been released. Oh, and I think he was trying to work out if the Australian version has both cuts on its BD release Kemcha.
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?
Old 06-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #1233

Aug 2009

Correct, I was aware that I posted a picture of the Australian version of the film. What I didn't see was the red lettering so I was simply curious if they got screwed like we did, or if they had both versions. If they did, then I would have held off as the same may end up over here sooner than later.

I do appreciate all the help. I will still hold out a little hope that they may release the theatrical version of the film. It's one of the few films where I prefer that cut over the director's version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I think I'll wait until all three are released unless I come across a great deal on the one's that have been released. Oh, and I think he was trying to work out if the Australian version has both cuts on its BD release Kemcha.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #1234
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

Oh, when I read your post, it didn't sound like that. lols
Old 06-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #1235
Power Member

Jan 2009
Mississauga Canada

Not sure what this means but Amazon.ca has Blade 2 up for pre order:

http://www.amazon.ca/Blade-2-Blu-ray...0745650&sr=8-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmycon View Post
Just received my copy, sent up North by fellow forum member silverlakephil

Thanks Phil!

I think I'm one of the few Canadians to have the New Line release right now, seeing how it's not available in Canada yet.

Future Shop and Best Buy are clearing out the Alliance Blades at $4.99 apiece, but I wouldn't count on seeing the new transfer from Alliance before September.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #1236
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

danman, that is the exact version that Walmart has and that I purchased. Except, the wording on the front of the packaging is different (the cover art posted above in my last post). But the stickers are the same as mine. lols
Old 06-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #1237
Power Member

Jan 2009
Mississauga Canada

Cool. Canada hasn't had this confirmed yet so some of us are having to source them from members. If Blade 2 is released on Amazon.ca, there is hope we will see Blade 1 and 3. All we have right now is the crappy Alliance versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
danman, that is the exact version that Walmart has and that I purchased. Except, the wording on the front of the packaging is different (the cover art posted above in my last post). But the stickers are the same as mine. lols
Old 06-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #1238

Jul 2008
Toronto

Hey folks I'm very late to this party but does anyone know how I can get these new Blade releases up here in Toronto Canada. It looks like amazon.com only has older versions.
Thanks
Integra 40.3 Reciever
Velodyne DSP12 & SVS PB12 NSD
Monitor Audio RX6 fronts
Monitor Audio RX center
PSB B25 SR, SL
PSB B15 SBR, SBL
PS3 & Panasonic 310 3D buray player
PN64D8000 Samsung Plasma
Old 06-26-2012, 11:25 PM   #1239
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
Toronto, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by walmat View Post
Hey folks I'm very late to this party but does anyone know how I can get these new Blade releases up here in Toronto Canada. It looks like amazon.com only has older versions.
Thanks
They're unavailable in Canada for the time being.

I was lucky enough to find a fellow forum member who didn't mind sending one my way.

If you have any friends or relatives or can find another member who is willing to help, that's the only way you're going to be able to get a copy of the new release.

That being said, I just finished watching it and it looks FANTASTIC! A welcome upgrade from the 1.78:1 Alliance transfer.
swhomevid.site40.net

Old 06-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #1240
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2008
Las Vegas, NV

Quote:
Do I have that correct? I am not a fan of the extended cut of Trinity, and would rather have the theatrical version, but if that is the only version I can get in America (that has correct OAR, HD audio, ect) then I guess I am stuck
Canada has the theatrical version, but its the theatrical version only. I plan on importing it soon as the Extended Cut was rubbish.
It's showtime, folks!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America