COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Prisoners (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Vincent Price Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.49
In the Mouth of Madness (Blu-ray)
$9.49
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$158.69
Saw: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Leprechaun: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.49
V/H/S/2 (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Haunting (Blu-ray)
$9.49
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$24.99
V/H/S/2 (Blu-ray)
$13.49
The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.49
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Between the Buried and Me: Future Sequence - Live at the Fidelitorium (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Hell of the Living Dead / Rats: Night of Terror (Blu-ray)
$16.49
The Final Terror (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Fast & Furious 6-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$47.49
The Wicker Man (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Old 06-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #3001
Power Member

Aug 2008
OH, U.S.A. SteelBooks™: 61 & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesisfury View Post
Who did you buy from?

Also: Pics!
I bought from "movsop"...I'll post pics next week, when it's up...as I have to actually chop my current FRAME down an inch on both sides of the height to get a better fit for this poster.

It's actually closer to 47" x 69" than 4' x 6'
"DO- or DO NOT...there is no TRY!" ~Master Yoda
Old 06-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #3002

Dec 2011
Elderslie, Scotland
Default The Thing Tyler Stout Mondo Poster Vector Drawing DOWNLOAD

I guest most people in this thread are more interested in the genuine article however if anyone wants a fan-made vector copy, hi res, here it is.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=198917
Old 06-26-2012, 11:22 PM   #3003

Sep 2007
Edmonton, AB

As an artist and a poster enthusiast, I don't know how I feel about that darkdigital. Nice tracing work however.
Long live the new flesh.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:56 AM   #3004
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdigital View Post
I guest most people in this thread are more interested in the genuine article however if anyone wants a fan-made vector copy, hi res, here it is.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=198917
This is only my opinion, but ultimately I believe this is a form of copyright infringement. You did some fine work no doubt about it, but please do keep the separated illustrator files to yourself as they could be used for screen printing and as 'cool' as it would be to have a screen printed copy of the poster I just don't think there is a place in the market for one. The only people who should be profiting off this work should be Stout, Alamo Drafthouse and the rightful copyright holders as well as anyone who owns a copy of the original limited run. The uninitiated or unaware could unwillingly be parted with their money if they were duped into buying one of these being passed off as original.

Edit: Not to be a complete stick in the mud, I do find this effort remarkable and applaude you for your efforts. I just don't agree with releasing this level of quality of files into the wild, you may have just opened a can of worms. Which isn't to say I didn't download a copy of the files to look over in amazement.

Last edited by roar; 06-27-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #3005
Expert Member

Jan 2011
Columbus, Ohio

I love the work that went into it, it took some real dedication and I would totally love to print one out and frame it just for my own personal use...but roar is right, it's only a matter of time before some company gets their hands on the files and starts printing and selling them all over. A simple Google search of "Stout hi res" is gonna turn up that thread in no time.

How many views/downloads of that file do you show already by chance?
XBox Live: Allforce
PSN: AllforcePSN
Old 06-27-2012, 01:55 AM   #3006
Special Member

Sep 2007
Jersey

Why couldn't you work faster & uploaded that 6 months ago?
So sweet, so dead.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:46 AM   #3007

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by househead View Post
Why couldn't you work faster & uploaded that 6 months ago?

lol!!

i'd still prefer yours though
Old 06-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #3008
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Seattle

Quote:
Who did you buy from?

Also: Pics!
Back from Vegas/Los Angeles, nice to be back home. The studio made four different DKR bus shelter styles (three individual character ones of Batman, Catwoman, Bane, and then one that looks like the final style movie poster). They will be incredibly rare to find because the bus shelter posters aren't made in quantities that movie posters are. Also the fact that the bus shelter posters are only found in larger downtown cities and not inside or outside of movie theaters means very few of them will pop up on eBay, etc. The ones you are seeing now are the ones that either installers or those with contacts to get them have up, but generally a few of each style at best. Similar to the Dark Knight vinyl banners, the market will dry up rather quickly and the prices will rise.

I just got in the three character styles, didn't feel there would be enough demand for the final style bus shelter style since most would opt for the actual movie poster for that image.
K5
Old 06-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #3009

Jun 2012
Queensland, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
I just got in the three character styles, didn't feel there would be enough demand for the final style bus shelter style since most would opt for the actual movie poster for that image.
Are you a seller too?
Old 06-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #3010
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Seattle

Quote:
Are you a seller too?
Yes, but I will private message you.
K5
Old 06-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #3011
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Are you a seller too?
He is and a great one at that. You will be hard pressed to find a person more passionate about posters than Kinsella.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #3012
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009

Really wanted them to produce a Catwoman poster. Oh well. Not like they made a Scarecrow poster for the first movie either. Good news is I only need the Dark Knight teaser and I will have the set.
There's something really scary about a guy with a knife who just... snaps
Old 06-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #3013
Expert Member

Jan 2011
Columbus, Ohio

Quote:
Back from Vegas/Los Angeles, nice to be back home.
I just flew home on Sunday from Vegas! We could have hung out and drank overpriced beers!
XBox Live: Allforce
PSN: AllforcePSN
Old 06-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #3014
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by roar View Post
He is and a great one at that. You will be hard pressed to find a person more passionate about posters than Kinsella.
Thanks Roar for the kind words!
K5
Old 06-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #3015
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Cool View Post
Really wanted them to produce a Catwoman poster. Oh well. Not like they made a Scarecrow poster for the first movie either. Good news is I only need the Dark Knight teaser and I will have the set.
As you pointed out, they didn't do one for Scarecrow, so it didn't surprise me that the studio didn't do one for Catwoman, but as people are finding out, one the final style for DKR, at the bottom of the poster is a small box (not sure what those are called) that you hold your smartphone up to and it directs the user to a website that shows the image of Catwoman's heel striking a bat symbol on the ground in the rain.

While it is designed to look like a teaser movie poster, it isn't a poster at all, but that hasn't stopped sites from producing copies of the image and selling it. My guess is that it could either be an image that was possibly going to be a poster but was nixed by the studio as it gives the impression that Catwoman is the villain in the film, or "a" villain in it. Another possible thought is maybe for the midnight screenings they will hand out a small print and that will be the artwork. Just odd that they would add that symbol to the final style movie poster to direct a person to a website just of that image if it didn't mean anything.

I guess in the coming weeks it will perhaps make more sense if there is anything behind that image. But officially they did make a Catwoman bus shelter poster which is pretty nice, but no posters exist of it on an official/authentic level, only as a bus shelter poster.
K5
Old 06-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #3016
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allforce View Post
I just flew home on Sunday from Vegas! We could have hung out and drank overpriced beers!
I was there Friday though Tuesday morning for a family event, and then flew to Los Angeles to pick up some product and got back last night. It was quite hot in Vegas, spent most of the time in the downtown area. While I don't drink, we could have played The Dark Knight slow machine, which was THE funniest slot machine I have played. It was five slot machines grouped together with built-in seats and speakers, featuring seats that would rumble at times. A giant LCD screen would play a mini-game if you qualified and showed clips from the film.
K5
Old 06-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #3017
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
As you pointed out, they didn't do one for Scarecrow, so it didn't surprise me that the studio didn't do one for Catwoman, but as people are finding out, one the final style for DKR, at the bottom of the poster is a small box (not sure what those are called) that you hold your smartphone up to and it directs the user to a website that shows the image of Catwoman's heel striking a bat symbol on the ground in the rain.

While it is designed to look like a teaser movie poster, it isn't a poster at all, but that hasn't stopped sites from producing copies of the image and selling it. My guess is that it could either be an image that was possibly going to be a poster but was nixed by the studio as it gives the impression that Catwoman is the villain in the film, or "a" villain in it. Another possible thought is maybe for the midnight screenings they will hand out a small print and that will be the artwork. Just odd that they would add that symbol to the final style movie poster to direct a person to a website just of that image if it didn't mean anything.

I guess in the coming weeks it will perhaps make more sense if there is anything behind that image. But officially they did make a Catwoman bus shelter poster which is pretty nice, but no posters exist of it on an official/authentic level, only as a bus shelter poster.
They are called QR codes and ya, I've seen the image, though I think the bat symbol is part of the heel of her boot... As the boot heel looks to be the same chrome material. Cool looking shot, someone at work sent it to me with the subject 'check out the new batman poster'.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:22 AM   #3018
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007

Quote:
Are you a seller too?
K5 is the man!
If you don't like what's being said, change the conversation...
Old 06-28-2012, 03:40 AM   #3019
Power Member

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada

Anyone going to be headed to San Diego Comic-Con? Mondo will have a booth as well as some Con-only exclusives!

I'm interested to see what kind of posters they will have available
XBoxLive: CMDAlba . PSN: CDNKilla .
. Pioneer VSX-9040TXH . 42LG50 LCD 60hz . Sony BDP-S360 .
. XBOXOne . XBOX360 . Playstation3 60GB .
. Klipsch RF62 . Klipsch RC62 . Klipsch RS42 . Klipsch RB61 .
. Klipsch RPW10 . eD a3-300 Birch .

Follow Me Instagram Twitter
Old 06-28-2012, 03:42 AM   #3020
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Gizmonic Institute, Northeast PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaavenger View Post
Anyone seen the new Expendables 2 poster on sale?
Did you check eBay? Three up at this point.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater General Discussion