Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: Age of Extinction (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Spartacus: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$108.99
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$22.49
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$123.99
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$14.49
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$75.99
Treme: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Treme: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 06-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Nakatomi Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project-Zep View Post
I have a feeling Damon MIGHT pop up in this seeing how in the new trailer images of him are heavily used and I hope Norton returns for the next one too then.
That's the feeling I got, too, but I'm not going to hold my breath
Yippee ki yay

Trade Thread
Old 06-28-2012, 12:22 AM   #22

Nov 2010

Yes
Old 06-28-2012, 04:22 AM   #23

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
The problem is Bond was established 40 years previously in film and I'm not sure Universal sustain it for even quite as long, because 007 was essentially the first ever film series, whereas Bourne is far from it. So Bourne doesn't have quite the same establishment, so audiences don't connect with it in the same way they do with Bond.

If there's a sixth Bourne film I think they should leave it there, because any series in recent years can only last so long before audiences get tired of it.

We'll see though, because I do love Bourne and hope Legacy is successful enough to warrant Bourne 5.
I don't see any similarity between Bourne and Bond. Bond was established as an secret agent who fights against crimes in the world. Bourne is a agent who is fighting to figure out his own life. Bond may have many more sequels, but bourne cannot have many more as the Operation Treadstone was exposed. I have enjoyed all the bourne movies and I am eagerly waiting for Bourne Legacy.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #24
Power Member

May 2010
Denmark

But Greengrass hasn't agreed yet and to me that is Key to a good Bourne film.
Hands off the compression button, Music industry!
Hands off the DNR button, Blu-Ray producers!
Films are supposed to have grain!

https://twitter.com/Kristofferabild
Old 06-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #25
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristoffer View Post
I'm just sick of the "seizure cam" motif; if he comes back for another one, I hope Greengrass ditches it altogether.
"The cost of a thing is the amount of life which is required to be exchanged for it." ~Henry David Thoreau~
Old 06-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kirk View Post
I don't see any similarity between Bourne and Bond. Bond was established as an secret agent who fights against crimes in the world. Bourne is a agent who is fighting to figure out his own life. Bond may have many more sequels, but bourne cannot have many more as the Operation Treadstone was exposed. I have enjoyed all the bourne movies and I am eagerly waiting for Bourne Legacy.
It would be interesting if they started adapting some of Eric van Lustbader's books (titles notwithstanding). So far, he's written 7 more books about Bourne in the last 8 years...

The Bourne Legacy (2004)
The Bourne Betrayal (2007)
The Bourne Sanction (2008)
The Bourne Deception (2009)
The Bourne Objective (2010)
The Bourne Dominion (2011)
The Bourne Imperative (2012)
"The cost of a thing is the amount of life which is required to be exchanged for it." ~Henry David Thoreau~
Old 06-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #27

Sep 2008
Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
It would be interesting if they started adapting some of Eric van Lustbader's books (titles notwithstanding). So far, he's written 7 more books about Bourne in the last 8 years...

The Bourne Legacy (2004)
The Bourne Betrayal (2007)
The Bourne Sanction (2008)
The Bourne Deception (2009)
The Bourne Objective (2010)
The Bourne Dominion (2011)
The Bourne Imperative (2012)
Are those novels as good as Ludlum's? I'm skeptical towards these :/
"He had been sitting on his couch? Holy sh*t look at the size of that guy, Dicky! I want to buy a couch like him!" - Micky Ward [The Fighter]
Old 06-28-2012, 08:57 AM   #28
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by leey View Post
Are those novels as good as Ludlum's? I'm skeptical towards these :/
I only read part of "Legacy"; it dealt with Carlos the Jackal dying, and making it his mission to kill David Webb first. Webb's a school teacher, and when a shot barely misses his head, the book says "the Bourne persona immediately took hold in his mind".
Old 06-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
England

Isn't bourne about 50 in those later books though?

PSN: Goofy_Wookie
Old 06-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #30
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Lemmy View Post
Isn't Bourne about 50 in those later books though?
Yes, among many changes. For example...
  • Marie survives all three of Ludlum's original books, and her last name is "St. Jacques", not "Kreutz". She and Webb also have two children.
  • Webb is a Vietnam veteran, who originally stole the identity of a traitorous black-ops agent (Jason Charles Bourne).
  • Alex Conklin also survives until the events of "Legacy", being killed near the beginning of that story.
  • The main villain for the first three novels was Carlos the Jackal, who Ludlum based on a real terrorist. The filmmakers decided to remove the character, so the prisoner wouldn't get any more attention.
  • Webb had a family prior to his amnesia, including a wife named Dao, son Joshua. and daughter Alyssa.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #31
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
I don't agree. A good script and director can make a good Bourne movie. The scripts are what made Greegrass' films so good. Not the erratic shaky cam action scenes... I'm glad those have been done away with here. I really don't think there is a formula to make a good Bourne movie, just like there isn't a formula for a good Bond movie. Greengrass isn't make or break Bourne for me.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell/Instagram: pj_campbell/Podcast: Reel Film Chatter

Last edited by Walts Ghost; 06-28-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
I don't agree. A good script and director can make a good Bourne movie. The scripts are what made Greegrass' films so good. Not the erratic shaky cam action scenes... I'm glad those have been done away with here. I really don't think there is a formula to make a good Bourne movie, just like there isn't a formula for a good Bond movie. Greengrass isn't make or break Bourne for me.

Although I do give Greengrass credit for making sure it all stayed relatively grounded. Though in all fairness, Liman set that particular ball rolling.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:39 AM   #33

Jun 2012

Quote:
Director is not the only reason for success of a movie. The script, story and the crew are as important as the director. The director of Bourne Legacy is Tony Gilroy and he has worked with Paul Greengrass in all the three bourne movies. He would definitely do justice to the movie.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:21 AM   #34

Mar 2009
Sunny Southern California
Default Get Real

Matt Damon is not coming back. Gilroy wrote Jason Bourne out of Bourne Legacy. The only reason Marshall is even mentioning it is because he knows that's what the public wants to hear. General Audience wants Jason Bourne. People have a hard time accepting the new guy. We all know that Renner is a fantastic up and coming actor but frankly he's not well known. So it's not like he's gonna be a big draw to the film. Couple that with trying to sell a new character and it's gonna take some work. The film looks good from the trailers but it's not Jason Bourne. So yeah the producer will say his dream is to team them up in a fifth movie. But we know before that happens this will have to be a hit. And if this film becomes a big hit, then they won't need Jason Bourne or Matt Damon anymore. Matt Damon returning is a bunch of smoke.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:32 AM   #35
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2008
Las Vegas, NV

I'm hoping this will be the Bourne Betrayal. but they need to stop making Bourne movies after 5 or 6 otherwise we're going to have 10 of them at this rate.
It's showtime, folks!
Old 07-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #36

Sep 2008
Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
I only read part of "Legacy"; it dealt with Carlos the Jackal dying, and making it his mission to kill David Webb first. Webb's a school teacher, and when a shot barely misses his head, the book says "the Bourne persona immediately took hold in his mind".
Mhhhh sounds to me like an easy way for the second novelist to revive the whole franchise :/. Of course we know that Legacy will server more as an idea than script-material, seeing as the whole protagonist isn't even the same character
"He had been sitting on his couch? Holy sh*t look at the size of that guy, Dicky! I want to buy a couch like him!" - Micky Ward [The Fighter]
Old 07-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #37
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmachick View Post
Matt Damon is not coming back. Gilroy wrote Jason Bourne out of Bourne Legacy. The only reason Marshall is even mentioning it is because he knows that's what the public wants to hear. General Audience wants Jason Bourne. People have a hard time accepting the new guy. We all know that Renner is a fantastic up and coming actor but frankly he's not well known. So it's not like he's gonna be a big draw to the film. Couple that with trying to sell a new character and it's gonna take some work. The film looks good from the trailers but it's not Jason Bourne. So yeah the producer will say his dream is to team them up in a fifth movie. But we know before that happens this will have to be a hit. And if this film becomes a big hit, then they won't need Jason Bourne or Matt Damon anymore. Matt Damon returning is a bunch of smoke.
Well, since Gilroy has admitted to being open to the idea of being Bourne back, it's not out of the realm of possibility. The problem is getting Damon on board, not Gilroy.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell/Instagram: pj_campbell/Podcast: Reel Film Chatter
Old 07-01-2012, 06:54 AM   #38
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Montreal

I was beginning to wonder based on the trailers and him still being talked about.

As long as it`s good, i`m all for it.
Breaking Bad complete series Ultraviolet code 30$ PM ME!
MAIN
Samsung 52" 60 hz
Denon AVR 890
Polk 5.1 RM85
PS3 320GB Move bundle
OPPO-80 Region Free
Harmony One Remote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #39
Banned

Jul 2007
Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmachick View Post
Just like Connery not returning to Bond, huh? And guess what happened there? Oh and Vin Diesel to Fast & the Furious?

Since no one can predict the future, you really have no idea and are just talking here to talk.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
Kent

if matt damons in it ill watch it

not interested in seeing Renners Bourne film at all at most i'll wait for it on video, sadly rental stores dont exist anymore so by that i mean i'll wait for it to show up on television

he sucked in MI he sucked in Avengers and i assume he'll suck in Bourne as well (i dont think he's suited to be an action star and i think he feels the same)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies