Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
1 hr ago
Ice Age 4 Movie Set (Blu-ray)
$16.99
14 hrs ago
Fargo: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The King and I (Blu-ray)
$10.00
9 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Alien Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.99
14 hrs ago
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Planet of the Apes: Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 06-29-2012, 07:17 AM   #101
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsl76 View Post
This has been a F*cking b*tch to get. I bought a mint copy on Ebay which was shipped to me without proper protection, so I ended up with a damaged copy. Then I offered to buy it for $70 shipped on this site. A member contacted me regarding it. I paid her on June 6th for it. Then all the info was lost from the site so I have no idea what her member id is. I still haven't received it. I have emailed her twice via her email attached to her Paypal and have not received a response. In the last email, I told her that I was giving her until Monday for me to receive it or at the very least, to hear from her before I file a fraud claim with Paypal.

I just want an undamaged copy of this f*cking steelbook and in the time of this nightmare, the price keeps going up.

I had a different, but similar situation recently buying Election on blu. It took me ordering it 3 times to get an undamaged US copy. Why is it so hard to get what you pay for?
You really should tone down the cursing. It ain't doing ANYBODY any good.

If I'm engaging in a transaction with someone, I always make certain to establish contact via direct e-mail. It makes for quicker and more efficient communication than going through PMs.

As for the person who sent you a copy before the site crashed, you really shouldn't be too hard on them. Perhaps instead of filing a FRAUD claim against her, you can first try explaining the situation to Paypal and they can put a note on your account to that effect. That way, should she happen to simply be away and not in a position to check her home e-mail, she won't be inappropriately punished via Paypal. There is a good chance that she isn't stealing from you. Instead of throwing the book at her, give her a chance.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

FOR SALE/TRADE THREAD: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=55884
Old 06-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #102
Blu-ray Champion

May 2010
NYC

These things skyrocketed after Avengers
Old 06-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #103
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Glendale, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
You really should tone down the cursing. It ain't doing ANYBODY any good.

If I'm engaging in a transaction with someone, I always make certain to establish contact via direct e-mail. It makes for quicker and more efficient communication than going through PMs.

As for the person who sent you a copy before the site crashed, you really shouldn't be too hard on them. Perhaps instead of filing a FRAUD claim against her, you can first try explaining the situation to Paypal and they can put a note on your account to that effect. That way, should she happen to simply be away and not in a position to check her home e-mail, she won't be inappropriately punished via Paypal. There is a good chance that she isn't stealing from you. Instead of throwing the book at her, give her a chance.

First off, I think my irritation and cursing is earned.

I have contacted her twice over a several week period. I have many trades and buys on here, DVDTalk and Ebay and I'm reasonable. If things will take a little while, communicate with me, let me know. If not, what am I to expect? Everything is aggravated by not knowing how to contact her on this site now, but that is why I went to email. I don't want a whole lot, answer your emails. That's it. I find it hard to believe that someone cannot email me one time in 3 weeks to say that it's going to take a while for you to receive it or hey, I sent your item or even, i'm not going to be able to send it until X date. Communication is key. I generally give people the benefit of the doubt, but it's starting to get to a point of "Am I being scammed here".

Bottom line, I'm still willing to wait, but I need the seller to give me a sign that she's still alive and intends on fulfilling our deal. P.S. I've never filed a claim with Paypal, so maybe it's not a fraud claim immediately, what I mean is that if I'm not contacted or receive it, then I have to involve Paypal. I still want my item. I don't want to cause trouble for the seller. I merely want what I paid for.

Please help me acquire these Scream Factory slips (in OCD Mint condition):
Cockneys Vs. Zombies,
The Howling, Phantasm II, The Fog, Prince Of Darkness, The Sopranos Complete Collection

Last edited by jrsl76; 06-29-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:03 AM   #104
Special Member

Jul 2010
Coventry, UK

Quote:

I have contacted her twice over a several week period. I have many trades and buys on here, DVDTalk and Ebay and I'm reasonable. If things will take a little while, communicate with me, let me know. If not, what am I to expect? Everything is aggravated by not knowing how to contact her on this site now, but that is why I went to email. I don't want a whole lot, answer your emails. That's it. I find it hard to believe that someone cannot email me one time in 3 weeks to say that it's going to take a while for you to receive it or hey, I sent your item or even, i'm not going to be able to send it until X date. Communication is key. I generally give people the benefit of the doubt, but it's starting to get to a point of "Am I being scammed here".

Bottom line, I'm still willing to wait, but I need the seller to give me a sign that she's still alive and intends on fulfilling our deal. P.S. I've never filed a claim with Paypal, so maybe it's not a fraud claim immediately, what I mean is that if I'm not contacted or receive it, then I have to involve Paypal. I still want my item. I don't want to cause trouble for the seller. I merely want what I paid for.
I understand your frustration and the points you bring up I do agree with. However, don't you think you should have noted down the member name/ID (or at least remembered it), especially once a deal had been struck?

I know personally I keep a basic notepad file with all current transactions from various forums, etc just as a back up.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #105
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Glendale, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
I understand your frustration and the points you bring up I do agree with. However, don't you think you should have noted down the member name/ID (or at least remembered it), especially once a deal had been struck?

I know personally I keep a basic notepad file with all current transactions from various forums, etc just as a back up.
Absolutely, that was surely my mistake in this. Like everyone else, I was left with a lot of loose ends when the server crashed with no backup. Obviously for the future, I will take that information down. I had to completely rebuild feedback on trades by remembering who I'd done business with and contacting them.

A lesson learned for the future.

Please help me acquire these Scream Factory slips (in OCD Mint condition):
Cockneys Vs. Zombies,
The Howling, Phantasm II, The Fog, Prince Of Darkness, The Sopranos Complete Collection
Old 06-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #106
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
England

Quote:
Absolutely, that was surely my mistake in this. Like everyone else, I was left with a lot of loose ends when the server crashed with no backup. Obviously for the future, I will take that information down. I had to completely rebuild feedback on trades by remembering who I'd done business with and contacting them.

I hope you get it sorted pal

PSN: Goofy_Wookie
Old 06-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #107
Special Member

Jul 2010
Coventry, UK

Quote:

Yeah, definitely get on to that as it will make things easier to track, especially if you're doing a couple of trades at the same time.

Back to your problem, if it's been more than 2 weeks and you've not heard a peep from the seller, definitely file a claim with paypal, if you leave it for too long you'll miss the chance to claim your money back (I believe it's within 45 days).

Hope you manage to get this sorted out.

Last edited by Simon_LDT; 06-29-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #108
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
Mount Doom

Managed to get another one for only 55 Euro's .
I am trying to get as many as possible. I have 2 now and 1 ordered.

I'll get 2 for my self (allways buy 2) and 1 for trade.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #109
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
Mount Doom

BTW: does it matter for you guys which Thor steelbook release you have or want to buy?

They are all exactly the same, but some were made for the UK market, some for the German market, etc. Is there a difference in 'rarity' between a UK and German Thor steelbook release for example? They are all sold out, look exactly the same (no German printings on German releases), but were meant for different markets.

Because I don't get how they determine the prices for these steelbooks on eBay. There are very expensive Thailand releases, while German and UK releases are a bit the same in price (HMV exclusives a little bit higher). I have also seen Portugese Thor steelbooks being sold for 90 USD.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #110
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:

Obviously I'm not against contacting Paypal to protect yourself. However, you made it sound initially like you were going to have her Paypal account frozen, her assets seized, her house searched and her dog raped! I was just saying that protecting yourself doesn't need to involve the demise of another when it could very well just be taking its time in transit.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

Old 06-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #111
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayisnice View Post
BTW: does it matter for you guys which Thor steelbook release you have or want to buy?

They are all exactly the same, but some were made for the UK market, some for the German market, etc. Is there a difference in 'rarity' between a UK and German Thor steelbook release for example? They are all sold out, look exactly the same (no German printings on German releases), but were meant for different markets.

Because I don't get how they determine the prices for these steelbooks on eBay. There are very expensive Thailand releases, while German and UK releases are a bit the same in price (HMV exclusives a little bit higher). I have also seen Portugese Thor steelbooks being sold for 90 USD.
Who cares? Let the buyer determine the price if you are selling it. It's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. There is no other way to "determine" the price.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #112
Power Member

Sep 2010
London, UK

Didn't know that this Steel was in such high demand now, lucky I ordered it when it was first released, wish I had ordered a few more copies .
Old 06-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #113
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
Mount Doom

Quote:
Who cares? Let the buyer determine the price if you are selling it. It's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. There is no other way to "determine" the price.
No, I am not selling it. I want to buy it.
But I don't know what the 'best release' is to buy. That's why I'm asking, I don't want to pay more than necessary .
Old 06-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #114
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
No, I am not selling it. I want to buy it.
But I don't know what the 'best release' is to buy. That's why I'm asking, I don't want to pay more than necessary .
because you answered your own question...

So then logic dictates you find the lowest price since, as you stated yourself, they are all identical except for the market in which they were released. "Rarity" should have nothing to do with it.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #115
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
Mount Doom

Quote:
because you answered your own question...

So then logic dictates you find the lowest price since, as you stated yourself, they are all identical except for the market in which they were released.
I know, that is what I said...
But I don't know if there is a difference in rarity between the two (German and UK). Were they both limited to the same amount? The difference in price is not big, but if I can a more exclusive release for a few Euro's more, than I'll take that one. But I don't know that now, that's why I'm asking .
Old 06-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #116
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Just got Thor thanks to a very kind member on here who hails from Newcastle

He also helped me aquire Rise of the Planet of the Apes and i'm very happy with both. The shrink wrap had scratching on it but massaging it i found they were not on the steelbook thankfully so i believe i now have a brand new sealed Thor steelbook thanks to the kindness of a member on here

I feel sorry for you jrsl76, it must be tough and i thoroughly understand how much trust you have placed in that seller, and while i agree with Petra you should try and give a bit more time to the seller to possibly e-mail you back. Just make sure though you contact PayPal within 45 days though so your not the one out of pocket and at the very least it may speed the reimbursement up in the unfortunate circumstance something more malicious has occured but i sincerely hope not

It takes a lot of trust between two parties here on the forum but we have a tight nit community and thankfully most are above board, so rest easy this is probably an isolated instance
500GB PS3
Panasonic 50VT20B
PSN ID: NARMAK
Old 06-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #117
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
I know, that is what I said...
But I don't know if there is a difference in rarity between the two (German and UK). Were they both limited to the same amount? The difference in price is not big, but if I can a more exclusive release for a few Euro's more, than I'll take that one. But I don't know that now, that's why I'm asking .
From the sounds of it, the only difference would be the ratings logos on the disc and maybe a few subtitle options in the playback. So, why do you really care? The film transfer will be the same. The audio playback will be the same. The case will be the same. So, why pay more?

The only thing I can think of is if the German release had the 3D copy included, that could drive the price a bit higher.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #118
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
From the sounds of it, the only difference would be the ratings logos on the disc and maybe a few subtitle options in the playback. So, why do you really care? The film transfer will be the same. The audio playback will be the same. The case will be the same. So, why pay more?

The only thing I can think of is if the German release had the 3D copy included, that could drive the price a bit higher.
Not really, didn't happen with Captain America 3D steelbook so unlikely for this version but if there was a 3D version available just like Captain America for Amazon.de i would have gone for that assuming cost wasn't ridiculous. The only way to get that steelbook in 3D seems to be via the collectors set that costs 150 euros.
500GB PS3
Panasonic 50VT20B
PSN ID: NARMAK
Old 06-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #119
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
Mount Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
Not really, didn't happen with Captain America 3D steelbook so unlikely for this version but if there was a 3D version available just like Captain America for Amazon.de i would have gone for that assuming cost wasn't ridiculous. The only way to get that steelbook in 3D seems to be via the collectors set that costs 150 euros.
Yep. 3D is only available if you buy that boxset. But I hope I can get it for 100 Euro's (the boxset with helmed). It would be such a great deal!

Just think about it:

- A sealed Thor steelbook, which is even more special than the normal ones (it includes 3D)

And a cool helmet
Old 06-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #120
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009
Florida Steelbooks:>>>>>> 34 Digibooks: >>>>>> 6

looks like i will never own this steelbook, i aint paying 80 bucks for a steel
( The Last Samurai ) There is life in every breath... That is, Bushido
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks