Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
The King and I (Blu-ray)
$10.00
7 hrs ago
Fargo: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Ice Age 4 Movie Set (Blu-ray)
$16.99
11 hrs ago
Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
14 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$11.99
 
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99
 
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99
 
Planet of the Apes: Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
22 hrs ago
Alien Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.99
11 hrs ago
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99
 
True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 07-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #21
ravenus ravenus is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ravenus's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
India
473
213
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristide Massaccesi View Post
I don't agree, it's more interesting to see some of the classic gialli such as Deep Red and Bird before you see Amer. That way you can better appreciate the homage aspect.
I agree. Amer is not an entry point to gialli, a lot of the fun is noticing the homages to the Bava (Blood and Black Lace, Bay of Blood) and Argento style. The film itself is not a traditional giallo, simply inspired by the classics of the genre.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #22
OAXACA OAXACA is offline
Active Member
 
OAXACA's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
508
1
Default

I've got the following eurohorror (mainly italo-horror) & gialli on BD:

Bird With the Crystal Plumage
Cat O Nine Tails
Four Flies on Grey Velvet
Deep Red
Tenebrae
Torso
The Beyond
Cemetery Man (Dellamorte Dellamore)
City of the Living Dead
Demons 1 & 2
Horror Express
Living Dead at Manchester Morgue (Let Sleeping Corpses Lie)
The New York Ripper
The Phantom Carriage
Phenomena
Spirits of the Dead
Stendhal Syndrome
Suspiria
Zombie (Zombi 2 / Zombie Flesh Eaters)
Zombie Holocaust
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:43 AM   #23
Hawkguy Hawkguy is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Hawkguy's Avatar
 
May 2011
NJ
520
20
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinthetic View Post
High fives all round mate!
Even though I would agree that it's not really essential when talking about the genre.... I have to say, it is everything I want in a film. Honestly, if I were to pick any one film that I wish I could claim I made myself, this would be it. Very possibly my most watched blu-ray. (I know I can make some huge claims about it, but it's no exaggeration!).
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #24
alien2010 alien2010 is offline
Senior Member
 
alien2010's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
I agree. Amer is not an entry point to gialli, a lot of the fun is noticing the homages to the Bava (Blood and Black Lace, Bay of Blood) and Argento style. The film itself is not a traditional giallo, simply inspired by the classics of the genre.
Also thanks for the recommendation. Rented it from Lovefilm, can't wait to see it now. I'm so tempted to just buy it and watch it tonight instead of waiting.
MY FAVORITE FILMS OF 2014 (SO FAR):

1. THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL
2. THE GUEST
3. UNDER THE SKIN
4. NIGHTCRAWLER
5. EDGE OF TOMORROW
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #25
tele1962 tele1962 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
tele1962's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
UK
308
3
Default

Watched two evil eyes last night, quite good but not sure if it qualifies for Giallo?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #26
Baseball Fury Baseball Fury is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2011
Sawtry, UK
195
Default

I've got -

City of the Living Dead
Inferno
A Bay of Blood
Deep Red
The Beyond
Phenomena
The Bird with the Crystal Plumage
Tenebrae
Obsession
Cat o' Nine Tails
The House By The Cemetary
Demons
Demons II
New York Ripper
Cannibal Holocaust
Four Flies on Grey Velvet
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #27
bizarre_eye bizarre_eye is offline
Expert Member
 
bizarre_eye's Avatar
 
May 2011
The Black Lodge
709
Default

I have:

Alien 2: On Earth
Amer
A Bay of Blood
The Beyond
Beyond the Darkness
The Bird with the Crystal Plumage
Burial Ground
Cannibal Holocaust
The Cat O' Nine Tails
City of the Living Dead
Daughters of Darkness
Deep Red
Demoniacs
Demons
Demons 2
Fascination
Four Flies on Grey Velvet
Horror Express
Inferno
The Iron Rose
Justine
Lips of Blood
The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue
Mark of the Devil
Murder Obsession
The New York Ripper
Night of the Werewolf / Vengeance of the Zombies
The Nude Vampire
Phenomena
The Rape of the Vampire
Requiem for a Vampire
The Shiver of the Vampires
Tenebrae
Torso
Zombie
Zombie Holocaust
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #28
tele1962 tele1962 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
tele1962's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
UK
308
3
Default

It may have been discussed before but what is you lads take on Cannibal Holocaust. I have been tempted to buy this one ............but the animal cruelty puts me off?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #29
bizarre_eye bizarre_eye is offline
Expert Member
 
bizarre_eye's Avatar
 
May 2011
The Black Lodge
709
Default

I think Cannibal Holocaust works really well as a piece of shocking cinema, and was certainly a product of its time.

The UK BD as well as containing a (near) uncut version (just the muskrat scene is missing) it also contains Deodato's new 'edit', in which the majority of the animal cruelty is removed. Deodato has gone on record many times over the years saying that he regrets filming a lot of the animal scenes, and this new version is almost to be treated as a final 'director's cut' of sorts.

The Excellent US Grindhouse DVD also contains an animal cruelty free version of the film as well as the full uncut version.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #30
alien2010 alien2010 is offline
Senior Member
 
alien2010's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Default

I tend to agree with bizarre_eye, Cannibal Holocaust works very well as a piece of shocking cinema. However it is also a great critique of both cinema and television sensationalism by demostrating how the media will do anything to attract its audience, even is it is by showing real footage of inhumane acts of savagery. It also goes to question in regards to the mondo documentry cycle of the 1960s and 1970s, by asking how realistic are those documentries on 'third world savages' and also asking who are the actual beasts of humanity? The subjects of the documentry, or us the audience who get their enjoyment from watching such footage.
MY FAVORITE FILMS OF 2014 (SO FAR):

1. THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL
2. THE GUEST
3. UNDER THE SKIN
4. NIGHTCRAWLER
5. EDGE OF TOMORROW
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #31
No_Doves_Fly_Here No_Doves_Fly_Here is offline
Active Member
 
No_Doves_Fly_Here's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
267
109
Default

Great idea for a thread!

A Bay of Blood
The Beyond
The Bird With the Crystal Plumage (Blue Underground)
Deep Red
Demons 1 & 2
Inferno
The New York Ripper

I also have Amer on the way. As I'm reading some of the comments on this film I'm getting very excited about seeing this. If you're in the States and looking into buying this film I would suggest ImportCDs. I got it for $16, and that's the cheapest I've seen the US version go for..

Last edited by No_Doves_Fly_Here; 07-06-2012 at 06:55 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #32
djvaso djvaso is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2009
Serbia&Montenegro
430
194
1
Default

I only have few titles in my collection but don't laugh at me:
- A Bay of Blood
- The Bird with the Crystal Plumage (Blue Underground)
- Cannibal Holocaust
- City of the Living Dead (Arrow Video)
- Horror Express
- The New York Ripper (Blue Underground)
- Tenebrae (Arrow Video)
- The Skull
- The Man Who Could Cheat Death
- Witchfinder General.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #33
tele1962 tele1962 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
tele1962's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
UK
308
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djvaso View Post
I only have few titles in my collection but don't laugh at me:
- A Bay of Blood
- The Bird with the Crystal Plumage (Blue Underground)
- Cannibal Holocaust
- City of the Living Dead (Arrow Video)
- Horror Express
- The New York Ripper (Blue Underground)
- Tenebrae (Arrow Video)
- The Skull
- The Man Who Could Cheat Death
- Witchfinder General.
Mate you have an excellent collection, by the way what do you think of Horror Express?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #34
djvaso djvaso is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2009
Serbia&Montenegro
430
194
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Mate you have an excellent collection, by the way what do you think of Horror Express?
Thanks. Unfortunately, I haven't watched it yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #35
tele1962 tele1962 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
tele1962's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
UK
308
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djvaso View Post
Thanks. Unfortunately, I haven't watched it yet.
Will you let us know when you do as it is supposed to be excellent.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #36
svecaj svecaj is offline
Member
 
Sep 2010
1138
232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
It may have been discussed before but what is you lads take on Cannibal Holocaust. I have been tempted to buy this one ............but the animal cruelty puts me off?
Brilliant film even though the animal cruelty is a bit hard to take, especially the muskrat scene. However, it's a must if only for the magnificent music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf1Vt...ature=youtu.be


Regarding "Horror Express": One of my favorites! What's not to like? Trains, snow, Cushing, Lee and Savalas.

Last edited by svecaj; 07-06-2012 at 08:53 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #37
tele1962 tele1962 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
tele1962's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
UK
308
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svecaj View Post
Brilliant film even though the animal cruelty is a bit hard to take, especially the muskrat scene. However, it's a must if only for the magnificent music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf1Vt...ature=youtu.be


Regarding "Horror Express": One of my favorites! What's not to like? Trains, snow, Cushing, Lee and Savalas.
Thanks mate just the animal bits i could do without........but everybody has a choice.

I might make Horror Express my next purchace, thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #38
16mm 16mm is offline
Junior Member
 
16mm's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
Yonkers, New York
Default

Just got into replacing all my VHS tapes with bluerays, one thing i would like to know is do you Brits include your own movies as EuroHorror?


Baba Yaga
Bird With the Crystal Plumage
Cat O Nine Tails
Daughters of Darkness
Deep Red
Dellamorte Dellamore
City of the Living Dead
Demons 1
Demons 2
Killer Nun
The Graveyard of Death Part II
Living Dead at Manchester Morgue
The New York Ripper
Stendhal Syndrome
Suspiria
Zombi 2 or Zombie Flesh Eaters
Zombie Holocaust



plus a blueray disk full of eurohorror called ULTIMATE SHOCKFEST COLLECTION which i found.
OASIS OF THE ZOMBIES
HORROR EXPRESS
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY
THE CANNIBAL GOD
DRILLER KILLER
DRIVE IN MASSACRE
PIECES
BLIND DEAD III
CITY OF THE DEAD
DEEP RED aka PROFONDO ROSSO
DON'T OPEN TILL CHRISTMAS
ALIEN CONTAMINATION aka TOXIC SPAWN
DEVIL'S NIGHTMARE
DEMENTIA 13
THE SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA
TENEBRAE aka UNSANE
PHENOMENA aka CREEPERS
MESSIAH OF EVIL
DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #39
tele1962 tele1962 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
tele1962's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
UK
308
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16mm View Post
Just got into replacing all my VHS tapes with bluerays, one thing i would like to know is do you Brits include your own movies as EuroHorror?


Baba Yaga
Bird With the Crystal Plumage
Cat O Nine Tails
Daughters of Darkness
Deep Red
Dellamorte Dellamore
City of the Living Dead
Demons 1
Demons 2
Killer Nun
The Graveyard of Death Part II
Living Dead at Manchester Morgue
The New York Ripper
Stendhal Syndrome
Suspiria
Zombi 2 or Zombie Flesh Eaters
Zombie Holocaust



plus a blueray disk full of eurohorror called ULTIMATE SHOCKFEST COLLECTION which i found.
OASIS OF THE ZOMBIES
HORROR EXPRESS
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY
THE CANNIBAL GOD
DRILLER KILLER
DRIVE IN MASSACRE
PIECES
BLIND DEAD III
CITY OF THE DEAD
DEEP RED aka PROFONDO ROSSO
DON'T OPEN TILL CHRISTMAS
ALIEN CONTAMINATION aka TOXIC SPAWN
DEVIL'S NIGHTMARE
DEMENTIA 13
THE SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA
TENEBRAE aka UNSANE
PHENOMENA aka CREEPERS
MESSIAH OF EVIL
DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT
Yes i guess we do.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #40
grant666uk grant666uk is offline
Active Member
 
grant666uk's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Scotland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16mm View Post
Just got into replacing all my VHS tapes with bluerays, one thing i would like to know is do you Brits include your own movies as EuroHorror?





plus a blueray disk full of eurohorror called ULTIMATE SHOCKFEST COLLECTION which i found.
OASIS OF THE ZOMBIES
HORROR EXPRESS
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY
THE CANNIBAL GOD
DRILLER KILLER
DRIVE IN MASSACRE
PIECES
BLIND DEAD III
CITY OF THE DEAD
DEEP RED aka PROFONDO ROSSO
DON'T OPEN TILL CHRISTMAS
ALIEN CONTAMINATION aka TOXIC SPAWN
DEVIL'S NIGHTMARE
DEMENTIA 13
THE SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA
TENEBRAE aka UNSANE
PHENOMENA aka CREEPERS
MESSIAH OF EVIL
DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT
Is that worth a buy ?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:53 AM.