Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Sale is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Now: Despicable Me 2 $9.96 (62% sold out)
Now: Magic Mike $3.96 (29% sold out)
Soon: Rio 2 ()
Soon: Snow White and the Huntsman ()
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Killing Them Softly (Blu-ray)
$3.99
1 hr ago
American Hustle (Blu-ray)
$6.00
13 hrs ago
12 Years a Slave (Blu-ray)
$6.96
10 hrs ago
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Blu-ray)
$4.99
4 hrs ago
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99
7 hrs ago
Good Will Hunting (Blu-ray)
$3.99
15 hrs ago
The Rover (Blu-ray)
$6.96
10 hrs ago
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$6.96
10 hrs ago
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$9.00
12 hrs ago
Super 8 (Blu-ray)
$4.99
15 hrs ago
Escape Plan (Blu-ray)
$6.96
10 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
7 hrs ago
The Legend of Hercules 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.96
10 hrs ago
A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray)
$9.00
14 hrs ago
Old 08-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #161
Special Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonic View Post
If it had new discs, I would think it would cost more, but since it's so cheap, it's likely just a repackage of all of the current discs.
There isn't really any correlation between price and whether a catalog release has been remastered. The "Total Recall" remaster that just came out was selling for under $10 the week it came out (and still is).
Old 08-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #162
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
There isn't really any correlation between price and whether a catalog release has been remastered. The "Total Recall" remaster that just came out was selling for under $10 the week it came out (and still is).
Total Recall, while popular, doesn't quite have the fanbase of Terminator and they've been milking that fanbase for years on DVD and now Blu-Ray. It's possible it's a remastered version, but I find it highly doubtful it will be included only in this exclusive set and with no mention of it being remastered in the press release. Yes, the included the Other Voices documentary under the listings, but that documentary is over a decade old and they likely just copied and pasted the DVD features onto the list, not knowing the Blu-Ray never included it. The low price was basically the nail in the coffin to me.

I'd hate to be wrong though. I've waited years for a proper restoration of Terminator.

Last edited by Kryptonic; 08-23-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #163
Special Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonic View Post
Total Recall, while popular, doesn't quite have the fanbase of Terminator and they've been milking that fanbase for years on DVD and now Blu-Ray.
Which still has nothing to do with price, though. It's a whole 10.77 pounds for the UK release right now, so it doesn't seem like they are looking to jack up the price because it's a remaster.

I'm not saying you won't be right about the "other voices" listing being a mistake and this ends up being the same disc that was previously released. I'm just saying the price point isn't an indicator. When or if a remastered version comes out, it's not going to have an MSRP like Jaws. It will be more in line with Total Recall. You'll be looking at a $10 catalog release.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #164
Power Member

Dec 2011

Once I started to realize other than a colletor's box set what I really have been wanting here is a T1 remaster I gotta question if T3 & TS are even worth owning. I mean they're both fun action films. But to be honest T3 is campy as hell at times & TS never felt like it was a Terminator movie to me. I may have to rethink grabbing this collection. Perhaps I would be better off picking up T2, waiting for a remastered seperate T1 and pretending the other 2 films were bad dreams.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #165
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Nashua, NH

If you're judging the first Terminator to Total Recall only, then that's a pretty inaccurate statement, since one was a mild cult hit that grew by word of mouth while the other was a big budget blockbuster tent-pole movie that starred Arnold at the peak of his popularity. Now it's fair to say that Terminator has a franchise to follow it, which assists in keeping it firmly planted in people's minds, but I'm willing to bet that even though it only has a remake attached to it's name, Total Recall is just as identifiable as Terminator.
TV: Vizio E371VL
BD player: Insignia NS-BRDVD3
Sound Bar: Vizio VSB200
Old 08-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #166

Nov 2009
Carlisle, PA USA
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday72 View Post
Once I started to realize other than a colletor's box set what I really have been wanting here is a T1 remaster I gotta question if T3 & TS are even worth owning. I mean they're both fun action films. But to be honest T3 is campy as hell at times & TS never felt like it was a Terminator movie to me. I may have to rethink grabbing this collection. Perhaps I would be better off picking up T2, waiting for a remastered seperate T1 and pretending the other 2 films were bad dreams.

I greatly disliked T3 and Salvation was very entertaining, however you are right, it felt off and nothing new was provided and nothing in the story line changed. I want a Terminator movie that is a game changer, like T2 which was such an amazing movie, and very different from the first.

I am quite sure this is just a Best Buy repackage. I have heard of a new transfer for T1, so hopefully we will see that early next year.
"You're a f***ing ugly b***h. I want to stab you to death, and then play around with your blood." ~Patrick Bateman

SONY BRAVIA 55", 240Hz, 3D LED-LCD HDTV ~ OPPO BDP-103 ~ 7.2 ONKYO TX-NR809 Receiver with Klipsch Speakers
Old 08-23-2012, 04:12 PM   #167
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010

$34.99? Definitely buying even though I have 3/4's of the movies already.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #168
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2009

Even if it is a remastered T1 in this boxset, I'm not buying it. I already have all four, including the UK T2 Optimum disc and the UK T3 with AVC and TrueHD. I'm not downgrading those two for the inferior US versions.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #169

Sep 2011

I agree with some of you about TS, it didn't really feel like a Terminator movie(except for the cgi Arnold, which I thought was really cool). But I have to say T3 gets the most play in my house(I also have the UK version, great transfer). I think it's because it's such an easy watch, plenty of great action, cheesy one liners and you can tell how much fun everyone is having. I can turn off my brain. The first 2 movies are definitely superior, but I feel such a commitment to them, I have to be in the mood for the seriousness and deepness they have. T3 I can throw in whenever. Anyway I'm holding out for the T1 remaster that's coming.

Last edited by welcometothepartypal; 08-23-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #170
Power Member

Dec 2011

I take your point. I have nothing against fun mindless popcorn flicks as you can tell by looking at my collection lol. What bothers me about T3 is it just seems to be playing it all on a wink & nod note to it's audience. And I don't believe that it stays true to it's roots as a serious sci fi action picture that depicts a horrific future. TS went back to being serious in tone, but the only time I felt I was watching a Terminator movie was Arnold's brief cgi scene. Perhaps my real problem is they add nothing to the mythology. As a matter of fact they screw up the mythology. And to tell the truth T2 was a perfect ending . . .
Old 08-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #171

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday72 View Post
I take your point. I have nothing against fun mindless popcorn flicks as you can tell by looking at my collection lol. What bothers me about T3 is it just seems to be playing it all on a wink & nod note to it's audience. And I don't believe that it stays true to it's roots as a serious sci fi action picture that depicts a horrific future. TS went back to being serious in tone, but the only time I felt I was watching a Terminator movie was Arnold's brief cgi scene. Perhaps my real problem is they add nothing to the mythology. As a matter of fact they screw up the mythology. And to tell the truth T2 was a perfect ending . . .
I agree with everything you said.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #172
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
Sunrise, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzupeman View Post
You do realize the newly remastered Total Recall was only $7.99 on release, right?
Oh no, not true, if it's a cleaned up re-master, it must be expensive. I don't want to be confused by facts.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #173
Expert Member

Aug 2011
-
-

"The Terminator Anthology" Blu-ray Set has arrived in the store today. It's very slick and will look great on your shelf. However, the packaging and the promotional stickers do not specify any remaster of the 1st and 2nd film. That suggests a re-packaging.

*Updated With Pictures*

"I Aim To Misbehave"

Last edited by THS; 08-23-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #174
Expert Member

Aug 2010

damn i hope either a bestbuy puts it out early and someone here gets it and reviews it. i badly wanna know if T1 is the remastered version and by the time we find out and it is remastered the stores will probably be all sold out
Old 08-23-2012, 06:45 PM   #175
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by THS View Post
"The Terminator Anthology" Blu-ray Set has arrived in the store today. It's very slick and will look great on your shelf. However, the packaging and the promotional stickers do not specify any remaster of the 1st and 2nd film. That suggests a re-packaging.

*Pictures coming soon*
What features are mentioned for T1?
Old 08-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #176
Power Member

Dec 2011

Quote:

*Pictures coming soon*
I take it u are a BB employee ?
Old 08-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #177
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
Sunrise, Fl

Quote:

*Pictures coming soon*
Pictures will be great, but better would be pictures of or your description of whatever features are listed on the box.

Confirmation of the doc that wasn't on the previous Blu-ray would be a big indicator this isn't just a re-package.

Thanks Mr. Insider
Old 08-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #178

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercsOwnz View Post
$34.99? Definitely buying even though I have 3/4's of the movies already.
The exact reason these things are even produced... I sometimes wonder just how much has been made over Terminator re-issues.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #179
Expert Member

Feb 2009

Quote:

*Pictures coming soon*
What about the audio specs? Does it specify if all four films have DTS-HD MA 5.1 tracks? Going by this, we should at least know if T3 has been remastered or not.
Display - Samsung HL-S 6187W
Receiver
- Pioneer Elite SC-05
Blu-ray player - Pioneer Elite Bpd-23fd
Fronts - Klipsch RF-82II's
Center - Klipsch RC-62II
Rears - Klipsch RS-52II's (x4)
Subs - Definitive Technology PF 15TL+ (x2)
Power Conditioner - Monster Power HDP 2500 Remote - Harmony One
Old 08-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #180
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Boston suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by therock666 View Post
damn i hope either a bestbuy puts it out early and someone here gets it and reviews it. i badly wanna know if T1 is the remastered version and by the time we find out and it is remastered the stores will probably be all sold out
This concerns me as well. I guess I could buy the item, then return it, but the last thing I need is to be flagged by their system for being a compulsive returner (seeing as I returned two items this week already).

I'm hoping that one of the reviewers here can secure a copy and post a review before next Tuesday morning.
PSN/Battlelog/Xbox Live: ▌۩▐ PrivatePixel
Pioneer Elite || Definitive Technology

"Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones." - Bertrand Russell
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America