Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3)
$12.09
Far Cry 3 (PS3)
$15.00
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3)
$19.99
Resident Evil 6 (PS3)
$15.44
MLB 13: The Show (PS3)
$18.99
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PS3)
$29.96
WWE 2K14 (PS3)
$29.77
Saints Row IV (PS3)
$24.99
BioShock Infinite (PS3)
$19.99
Diablo III (PS3)
$37.48
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3)
$15.99
Disney Infinity (PS3)
$54.99
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (PS3)
$14.99
Uncharted 3 (PS3)
$19.99
Monster Jam: Path of Destruction (PS3)
$27.33
Get Fit With Mel B (PS3)
$6.90
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$39.99
Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse (PS3)
$26.28
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai HD Collection (PS3)
$28.28

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 03-19-2007, 04:37 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Feb 2007
Talking Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Genre: Action-Adventure / Shooter
Players: Single-Player
Extras: Trophies, LPCM 7.1 Audio
Rating: ESRB Teen, PEGI 16+, BBFC 15, CERO C

Released on Blu-ray Disc: OUT NOW (Reduced Price 'Greatest Hits' / 'Platinum' / 'the Best')

OVERVIEW

Developed by the studio that brought blockbuster hit franchises Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter to PlayStation fans, Naughty Dog's Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is the first game in a new fast-paced action-adventure franchise developed exclusively for the PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system.

Taking full advantage of the power of PS3, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is developed using proprietary technology that promises to impress players with incredibly realistic characters and lifelike environments. Building on its legacy of extraordinary storytelling, Naughty Dog has created an elaborate plot that will have players guessing at every turn.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune brings players into a world ripe with realism and unexpected juxtapositions. A fallible hero akin to those depicted in pulp-adventure genre films, Nathan Drake brings a humanity and believability never seen before in video gaming, enabled entirely through PS3 technology advancements.

STORY

A 400-year-old clue in the coffin of Sir Francis Drake sets a modern-day fortune hunter on an exploration for the fabled treasure of El Dorado, leading to the discovery of a forgotten island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

The search turns deadly when Nathan Drake becomes stranded on the island and hunted by mercenaries. Outnumbered and outgunned, Drake and his companions must fight to survive as they begin to unravel the terrible secrets hidden on the Island.

FEATURES
  • Using maps and ancient artifacts, uncover clues and unravel mysteries to find a forgotten island and a treasure that was thought to have never existed.
  • Explore exotic locations: traverse through living jungles and spectacular 400-year-old ruins.
  • Drake's companions and allies play an important role in the adventure through cooperative mechanics, gun play and exploration.
  • Experience fast-paced gunplay: use a variety of environmental elements for cover, shoot enemies off of moving vehicles in high speed chases and more.
  • Use an array of hand-to-hand fighting moves to put your enemy off balance. Anything from wild haymaker punches to running drop-kicks.
  • Naughty Dog's advanced animation techniques allow Nathan to switch seamlessly between movements and achieve a whole new level of believability in gameplay. Nathan can reload his weapon while dodging bullets and find cover behind a wall, all in one smooth natural motion.
  • Characters express lifelike emotion using gesture and facial expression through the use of Naughty Dog's proprietary wrinkle mapping facial animation system.
  • High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting delivers full floating point color calculations yielding an unequaled level of realism and detail.
  • Hyper realistic water through physics based wave simulation paired with cutting edge refraction / reflection rendering techniques.
  • Utilizing next generation rendering techniques such as bump mapping, parallax mapping, blend shaders, global illumination, runtime and real time shadows, Naughty Dog has created a vibrant living environment.
SOUNDTRACK

Uncharted: The El Dorado Megamix by DJ Shadow (Free MP3 sample)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Soundtrack on iTunes by Greg Edmonson

SCREENSHOTS (click to reveal)

TROPHIES
  1. Platinum – Platinum
  2. First Treasure – Find one treasure
  3. Beginner Fortune Hunter – Find five treasures
  4. Novice Fortune Hunter – Find 10 treasures
  5. Enthusiast Fortune Hunter – Find 15 treasures
  6. Intermediate Fortune Hunter – Find 20 treasures
  7. Skilled Fortune Hunter – Find 25 treasures
  8. Proficient Fortune Hunter – Find 30 treasures
  9. Advanced Fortune Hunter – Find 35 treasures
  10. Professional Fortune Hunter – Find 40 treasures
  11. Senior Fortune Hunter – Find 45 treasures
  12. Expert Fortune Hunter – Find 50 treasures
  13. Crack Fortune Hunter – Find 55 treasures
  14. Master Fortune Hunter – Find all 60 treasures
  15. Relic Finder – Find the Strange Relic
  16. Brutal Brawler – Kill five enemies with a brutal combo
  17. Brutal Slugger – Kill 20 enemies with a brutal combo
  18. Brutal Expert – Kill five enemies in a row with a brutal combo
  19. Stealth Attacker – Kill 20 enemies melee-attacking from behind
  20. Steel Fist – Kill five enemies with a single punch, after softening them up with gunfire
  21. Steel Fist Expert – Kill five enemies in a row with a single punch, after softening them up with gunfire
  22. Headshot Expert – Kill five enemies in a row with headshots
  23. 10 Headshots – Kill 10 enemies with headshots
  24. 30 Headshots – Kill 30 enemies with headshots
  25. 100 Headshots – Kill 100 enemies with headshots
  26. Dyno-Might! – Kill three enemies with one explosion
  27. Expert Dyno-Might – Kill three enemies with one explosion five times
  28. Run-and-Gunner – Kill 20 enemies by shooting from the hip (without aiming with the L1 button)
  29. Hangman – Kill 10 enemies by aiming while hanging from a ledge
  30. Grenade Hangman – Kill 10 enemies with grenades by aiming while hanging from a ledge
  31. Survivor – Kill 50 enemies in a row without dying
  32. 50 Kills: PM - 9mm – Kill 50 enemies with the PM - 9mm
  33. 50 Kills: 92FS - 9mm – Kill 50 enemies with the 92FS - 9mm
  34. 50 Kills: Micro - 9mm – Kill 50 enemies with the Micro - 9mm
  35. 20 Kills: Wes - 44 – Kill 20 enemies with the Wes - 44
  36. 20 Kills: Desert - 5 – Kill 20 enemies with the Desert - 5
  37. 30 Kills: MP40 – Kill 30 enemies with the MP40
  38. 50 Kills: AK-47 – Kill 50 enemies with the AK-47
  39. 50 Kills: M4 – Kill 50 enemies with the M4
  40. 30 Kills: Dragon Sniper – Kill 30 enemies with the Dragon Sniper
  41. 50 Kills: Moss - 12 – Kill 50 enemies with the Moss - 12
  42. 50 Kills: SAS - 12 – Kill 50 enemies with the SAS - 12
  43. 30 Kills: M79 – Kill 30 enemies with the M79
  44. 20 Kills: Mk-NDI – Kill 20 enemies with Mk-NDI grenades
  45. Charted! - Easy – Finish the game in Easy Mode
  46. Charted! - Normal – Finish the game in Normal Mode
  47. Charted! - Hard – Finish the game in Hard Mode
  48. Charted! - Crushing – Finish the game in Crushing mode

Last edited by Shin-Ra; 11-11-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:02 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
CT, US

This is the Naughty Dog project, right? I'm looking forward to where they go with this one for sure.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:54 PM   #3
Power Member

Jan 2007
USA,Arizona PSNetwork: Amon37

Yes it is the Naughty Dog project.
Sony 50' SXRD KDS-50A2000
Denon AVR-887
HT-S790 HTIB Speakers
80GB MGS PS3
XBOX 360 Elite
Wii
Old 03-19-2007, 07:03 PM   #4
Expert Member

Jul 2006
West Hartford, CT

this game looks awesome and i know i will love it!
PS3 IS THE ULTIMATE HD MACHINE
PSN I.D - Nas2344
RX-V473 5.1 CH AV RECEIVER
Samsung UN46D6400
Energy Take 5.1 classic sorround
Old 05-02-2007, 05:20 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2006
Atlanta, Georgia

How in the hell do you find these things?! This is cool! Thanks
My Blu-ray/DVD Collection
PS3 Games: 34 + 20 PSN games
Sony PS3 60/160GB and 40GB
Sony KDSR70XBR2 HDTV
Sony STRDA5200ES 1080p Upconverting A/V Receiver
Old 05-02-2007, 08:32 PM   #6

Dec 2006

I'm more excited about this game than all others personally. They seem to be going in the direction I've always wanted a game to go. I hope they deliver!

Last edited by Jaren613; 05-02-2007 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:58 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Informer

The Naughty Dog folks are known as some of the most savvy programmers and technicians in the industry - and this hit home with Game Informer after they spent some time with Uncharted.

As already reported, Naughty Dog are sporting a complex animation system that governs movement and combat, and Drake will have around 3000 animations (200 for Jak on the ps2) to play with in when the game releases. One example of this is that every time Drake takes cover after shooting an enemy, minor variations will occur in his posture, hand p!osition and expression, all adding to the realism of his character.

Naughty Dog are aiming for the illusion that you never see Drake do the same thing twice and this can be achieved by a very unique feature of their engine: of the hundreds of animations, many of them can be layered on top of one another. These moment to moment combinations are possible by farming them out to the PS3's SPUs, allowing Drake to display any number of poses, emotions, and movements all at once.

For instance, picture Drake sprinting across a wide-open area to reach cover. His running is combined with frantic dunking and dodging as bullets begin to fly from a near cliff face, He's been running for a long-time so his frame is visibly shaking from hard breathing. Simultaneously he's frantically reloading his rifle so he can fire back. To top this off, his face wears a combined expression of fear and determination.

On top of the characters' clothing and faces, Naughty Dog have overlaid a wrinkle map that might best be described as a reactionary texture to the shifts in the normal map that lies beneath it. In essence, as the joints in the face or body move into new p!ositions, the wrinkle map responds to create startling realism in both flesh and cloth.

To avoid the uncanny valley, the game artists have made the decision to make the game just out of photorealism, but enough in to be emotion laden for that cinematic feel.

All character models and environments are modeled from scratch and not from scanning, to allow for complete artistic freedom in their creation. An array of complex shaders dictate the way light interacts with objects, including some amazing sub-surface lighting, such as the diffused light of a torch behind the skin of a hand, or sunshine shining both through and around a thin leaf on a tree.

With the power of the PS3, the team can create moveable joints on objects like tree-branches, so that wind shakes them individually, casting shadows on the ground.

Furthermore, with the aid of HDR lighting, your character's eye must adjust to drastic shifts in brightness. This means that if you make Drake stare at the sun for several seconds and then turn down and look into a cave, your ability as a player to see clearly will emulate his iris' dilation into the darker environment.

All these tricks combined, create a world that appears almost soft to the touch - from the hair and clothes of Drake, to the refracted appearance of the ground beneath a spinning pool of water.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:32 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2006
Atlanta, Georgia

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Give me the evidence to prove what I already know to others...the Xbox 360 is inferior to the PS3!
My Blu-ray/DVD Collection
PS3 Games: 34 + 20 PSN games
Sony PS3 60/160GB and 40GB
Sony KDSR70XBR2 HDTV
Sony STRDA5200ES 1080p Upconverting A/V Receiver
Old 05-10-2007, 12:13 PM   #9
Power Member

Mar 2007
New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to becomingwater Send a message via Yahoo to becomingwater

to get an idea of their work, play the jak and daxter series...really great trilogy!!

i know this will be a great game!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:19 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

This game looks ridiculously good

Gamers Day 07 Trailer HD

MOV [44 MB]

WMV [42.4 MB]

Gamers Day 07 Onstage Demonstration HD

MOV [103.3 MB]

WMV [104.5 MB]

If that's the same stage demo Gamespot have, there's lots of nice techie talk in there.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:53 PM   #11

Apr 2007

Stunning visuals. This game looks like a must have. I wonder what type of weapons the game will have.
Sony PS3 60GB
Toshiba 62MX196 DLP (rolling old school) :)
Samsung HD841 DVD 1080i (rolling even older school)
You can't say I'm biased. I like Blu-Ray.

Learn more about the PS3: http://cag.csail.mit.edu/ps3/lectures.shtml
Old 05-17-2007, 02:56 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
CT, US

Yeah, i watched these clips this morning. This is probably my favorite thing out of Gamers Day so far. Really look forward.

They mentioend a demo for the crowd in the clips too. Hopefully this means one for us isnt too far behind.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:59 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Only thing I've noticed is the enemies take more shots to kill in the playable than the trailer so maybe the guns don't feel as punchy as they could (except the shotgun point blank ) but I guess it depends how they balance the difficulty level(s) in the finished game.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #14
Special Member

Aug 2006
Rhode Island, USA

Amazing.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:42 PM   #15
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

From the factsheet:
Quote:
OVERVIEW
Developed by the studio that brought blockbuster hit franchises Crash Bandicoot™ and Jak & Daxter® to PlayStation fans, Naughty Dog Inc.’s, Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune is the first game in a new fast-paced action-adventure franchise developed exclusively for the PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system.

Taking full advantage of the power of PS3, Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune is developed using proprietary technology that promises to impress players with incredibly realistic characters and lifelike environments. Building on its legacy of extraordinary storytelling, Naughty Dog has created an elaborate plot that will have players guessing at every turn.

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, brings players into a world ripe with realism and unexpected juxtapositions. A fallible hero akin to those depicted in pulp-adventure genre films, Nathan Drake brings a humanity and believability never seen before in video gaming, enabled entirely through PS3 technology advancements.

STORYLINE
A 400-year-old clue in the coffin of Sir Francis Drake sets a modern-day fortune hunter on an exploration for the fabled treasure of El Dorado, leading to the discovery of a forgotten island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

The search turns deadly when Nathan Drake becomes stranded on the island and hunted by mercenaries. Outnumbered and outgunned, Drake and his companions must fight to survive as they begin to unravel the terrible secrets hidden on the Island.
Also updated the first post with the latest screenshots and logo.

Last edited by Shin-Ra; 05-17-2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:43 PM   #16

Dec 2006

Well this game was my most anticipated title for the PS3. Now it's officially my most anticipated title ever. I am so pumped for this game: the direction they are taking the story, the emphasis on animation, and now seeing some of the lighting and the overall crispness of the graphics. I can't ****ing wait for this!

Excuse my language.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:21 PM   #17

Jan 2007
Minnesota

This game definitely looks nice... hoping they keep it at a solid framerate.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:27 PM   #18
Special Member

Aug 2006
Rhode Island, USA

From the videos, the framerate was incredible.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:20 PM   #19
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Direct Feed Gamers Day 07 Trailer HD

MOV [46.3 MB]

WMV [43.4 MB]

Direct feed at last, the usual crappy GameTrailers bitrate though!
Old 05-19-2007, 01:50 AM   #20
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Lots more screens, just taken from the trailer.

Last edited by Shin-Ra; 05-19-2007 at 01:52 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3