Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack / Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (Blu-ray)
$13.59
Hentai Prince & the Stony Cat: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Fairy Tail: Part 11 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 09-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #101
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
Ohio

So they took quasi pre-orders with the empty case and now they put this out?

Old 09-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #102
Special Member

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie313 View Post
So they took quasi pre-orders with the empty case and now they put this out?
I don't follow. There's the Avengers BB exclu pictured four posts above that's apparently not available for pre-order right now. And there's the six-movie lighted case that is not releasing until next spring and which is not a BB exclu. What are you referring to?

Old 09-21-2012, 01:27 AM   #103
Expert Member

Aug 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
I don't follow. There's the Avengers BB exclu pictured four posts above that's apparently not available for pre-order right now. And there's the six-movie lighted case that is not releasing until next spring and which is not a BB exclu. What are you referring to?
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Av...Blu-ray/44364/

Old 09-21-2012, 01:30 AM   #104

Sep 2010
Near Little Rock, Ar

Quote:
I believe he was refering to the metal case you could pick up with a preorder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 44364_large.jpg (23.2 KB, 47 views)

Old 09-21-2012, 01:39 AM   #105
Special Member

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey31 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRASHSTAR View Post
I believe he was refering to the metal case you could pick up with a preorder.
Thanks, gents, but I guess I'm not just not understanding Trekkie's (implied?) indignation.

First, I don't see that BB ever took "quasi" pres (to the extent I understand what that means) for the case.

Second, if you dug the (empty) case enough to (pre-?)order it, I surmise it's something you want enough *in addition* to the movie release that you had plans to buy the latter anyways.

Third, now you have the choice to cancel (or keep) the empty case and still get whichever movie release you want.

I still have a DVD-size tin for Dead Man's Chest that I stuck my BD in after selling the DVD by itself that I note on Amazon (since the tin has its own UPC) is still worth a decent amount of money.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:39 AM   #106
Special Member

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's got the Blu's View Post
Damn, that box lights up!!!!

Now I suddenly wanted
It's still expensive though, but I really really wanted now.
This actually could worth the price, unlike the Titanic set. But damn, I still can't justify the price. Only if it was like $50, I would get it.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:14 AM   #107
Special Member

Sep 2012
Citrus Heights, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFitz312 View Post
Is there a link where i can pre-order the Avengers Best Buy Exclusive that comes in the box that lights up?Please let me know if there is a link.Or will i have to go on Tuesday to get the exclusive version?
it is not a light up it is more lenticular. please refer to my other post from the other forum a couple days ago. it will not be posted online it will only be in store so no online purchases! sorry (i work for the company so i know)

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1132

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1047[/QUOTE]
TV: LG 42LE5400 LED
Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-61 7.2
Speakers: Bowers & Wilkins CM5 & CMCC, M1
SUB: Bowers & Wilkins ASW610
Blu-ray Players: Sony Sony S5100
Game System: Custom PC Setup
Cables: Audioquest Chocolate Cables & Audioquest Rocket 33/Type 4

Old 09-21-2012, 06:26 AM   #108
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Let Me In had a Best Buy exclusive. Going off memory it was a prequel mini-comic included in the package.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:09 AM   #109
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Let Me In had a Best Buy exclusive. Going off memory it was a prequel mini-comic included in the package.
I got the same thing at a Blockbuster...so I don't think its exclusive.

Last edited by Trekkie313; 09-21-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #110
Special Member

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikblend View Post
it is not a light up it is more lenticular. please refer to my other post from the other forum a couple days ago. it will not be posted online it will only be in store so no online purchases! sorry (i work for the company so i know)

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1132

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1047
In your second linked post quoted/referred to above, you say that the release "wont be online or advertised until that weeks ad" (bold mine). Big diff between that and "it will not be posted online it will only be in store so no online purchases!"

Can you clarify which is the case please? Is Best Buy turning over a new leaf in attempting to drive store traffic by making an exclusive ONLY available in the store? Or is it clear at the time which scenario is the case: in-store ONLY or online only after street date?

Old 09-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #111
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Boston suburbs

Quote:
In your second linked post quoted/referred to above, you say that the release "wont be online or advertised until that weeks ad" (bold mine). Big diff between that and "it will not be posted online it will only be in store so no online purchases!"

Can you clarify which is the case please? Is Best Buy turning over a new leaf in attempting to drive store traffic by making an exclusive ONLY available in the store? Or is it clear at the time which scenario is the case: in-store ONLY or online only after street date?
This item will be an in-store exclusive; it will not be available for online purchase. Here's the partial ad scan from metmickey affirming this:

PSN/Battlelog/Xbox Live: ▌۩▐ PrivatePixel
Pioneer Elite || Definitive Technology

"Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones." - Bertrand Russell

Old 09-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #112
Special Member

Jun 2011
Alhambra, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-ray_girl_fan View Post
That's a good idea, but I can't micromanage so many threads.
Maybe it's a better idea to put new/upcoming titles in release order and not alphabetical order. You can keep the existing released ones in alphabetical order. This way you don't need to do a lot of micromanaging to track what's upcoming and what has been released. I also found the current order a little difficult to read as the best usage of this thread is to see what we can buy new and in near future. I's usually extremely difficult to get a past release.

Last edited by hazelwu; 09-23-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #113
Banned

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelwu View Post
Maybe it's a better idea to put new/upcoming titles in release order and not alphabetical order. You can keep the existing released ones in alphabetical order. This way you don't need to do a lot of micromanaging to track what's upcoming and what has been released. I also found the current order a little difficult to read as the best usage of this thread is to see what we can buy new and in near future. I's usually extremely difficult to get a past release.
You can press "Ctrl + F" to look for your favorite titles.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:47 AM   #114
Special Member

Jun 2011
Alhambra, CA

Quote:
You can press "Ctrl + F" to look for your favorite titles.
Yes. I have already done that, but what if you want to know what's new/upcoming that you can buy? There are a lot of titles being released but very few have exclusives.

I have my own "to buy list" like this:

November 13
Pixar Short Films Collection: Vol. 2
Brave (Target has exclusive 32-page digibook)

November 9
The Amazing Spider-Man (Target has exclusive bonus disc)

This way people can tell what's upcoming and new that people can buy. Just my opinion that is possibly more user-friendly when the list grows big. And this way there is not really much micromanagement needed. For people that is really looking for a specific title, Ctrl-F still works very well.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:49 AM   #115
Banned

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelwu View Post
Yes. I have already done that, but what if you want to know what's new/upcoming that you can buy? There are a lot of titles being released but very few have exclusives.

I have my own "to buy list" like this:

November 13
Pixar Short Films Collection: Vol. 2
Brave (Target has exclusive 32-page digibook)

November 9
The Amazing Spider-Man (Target has exclusive bonus disc)

This way people can tell what's upcoming and new that people can buy. Just my opinion that is possibly more user-friendly when the list grows big. And this way there is not really much micromanagement needed. For people that is really looking for a specific title, Ctrl-F still works very well.
I understand what you mean, but someone is still going to have to move the titles down to the alphabetical section after they're released. I'd rather type each entry once than have to copy-and-paste.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:10 AM   #116
Special Member

Jun 2011
Alhambra, CA

Quote:
I understand what you mean, but someone is still going to have to move the titles down to the alphabetical section after they're released. I'd rather type each entry once than have to copy-and-paste.
What I meant to say is leave the already typed titles as is (alphabetical) and have new entries sorted by release date and LEAVE THEM like that so people can tell what are past releases just by checking against dates, this way it takes least amount of work for you.

For example if today is already November 3, we can show:
November 20
title 1

November 13
title 2

November 6
title 3

october 31
title 4

(more dates and past releases)
------------------
other past releases:
axxxx
bxxxx
cxxxx
wxxxx
xxxxx
yxxxx
zxxxx

Last edited by hazelwu; 09-24-2012 at 06:17 AM.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #117

Oct 2009

So will the 3 Bond Best Buy exclusives be available on their website? So far they aren't and neither are Targets exclusives available on their site. Only Walmart has their exclusives available for pre-order. With no best buy or target in my small town I'm screwed if they don't show up online.

Thanks,
Tom

Old 10-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #118
Special Member

Oct 2012
NC

Really want Salt Steelbook, Beauty and the Beast IronPack, and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs IronPack. Only problem is that its too expensive I wouldnt pay more than $20. But oh well..

Old 10-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #119
Special Member

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Too bad I guess they're still free to price exclus however they wish since . . . they're exclus.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-575...ing/?ttag=fbwl

Old 10-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #120

Jan 2009
houston
Default Thanks for all the info

There is one I seen you left off, It is very hard to find plus it is oop. It is Final Destination 5 3d best buy. You can only find it on ebay but looks like another 3d one is coming out this month but can't tell for usre, this site does not show it but best buy does and so does Amazon. And if someone else posted this I am sorry.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions