Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rocksmith 2014 Edition (PS3)
$34.99

Just Dance 2015 (PS3)
$19.99

WWE 2K15 (PS3)
$39.00

The Voice: I Want You (PS3)
$24.99

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS3)
$39.99

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! (PS3)
$29.99

Destiny (PS3)
$39.99

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
$24.99

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution (PS3)
$29.99

Assassin's Creed Rogue (PS3)
$39.00

Bioshock Infinite (PS3)
$24.99

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
$29.96

Diablo III (PS3)
$24.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 10-04-2012, 05:42 AM   #381
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
California

OXM gave it a 8 out of 10. I read the Gamespot review and it just felt like the reviewer was way over the top negative. The score they gave is ridiculous, no wonder I don't favor that site for reviews. It's fun, not groudbreaking but with a campaign that runs close to 35 hours this game packs a shit load of content.
PSN ID: swimfreak1
Old 10-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #382
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012
London
-

I recieved this on tuesday along with a friend, we have played through the first two chapters (Ive been told there is 15 overall, 5 for each character) we have a played one chapter a night each one took an hour and 50 mins almost spot on, well second one was an hour and 49 (no need to split hairs though).

I was a little worried at first with the pre game (credit) sequence you have to play through, felt a little frantic and camera was way to fast. But once Id adjusted the controls and settings and have played more, im really loving this game. The co-op is great (been having a blast) yeah there are some chaotic encounters where we didnt know what was happening, getting overwhelmed and shooting blindly , but this hasnt detracted from the enjoyment so far.

yes not everyone is going to like this game, but if you want a fun and epic co-op game this couuld be it.

8/10 is my score thus far.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #383
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

All the hating aside, the gamer's wallets have apparently spoken! RE6 clearly is the game fans have been waiting for, as they just stated that RE6 has broken all previous Capcom records! The only link I could access from work was a 360 one, but the info doesn't change regardless.

http://www.lazygamer.net/xbox-360/re...apcom-records/

Seems their hard work has paid off, and they're clearly on course to meet their 7 million copy goal.
Plats--92:
Latest Plat--Destiny (PS4)
PSN ID: SNAKE_XRS
Old 10-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #384

Oct 2007
Uptown Whittier, CA
Default 720p or 1080p?

Can someone please confirm the actual resolution for this game? Someone told me the Xbox was 1080p and PS3 was only 720p. Is this true?
Playstation 4
PSN: Skillz5
Playstation 3D Monitor
Panasonic 50" Plasma
Old 10-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #385
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2006
Stowe, Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillz5 View Post
Can someone please confirm the actual resolution for this game? Someone told me the Xbox was 1080p and PS3 was only 720p. Is this true?
if you want to play it in 1080p on the ps3. you will need to have only 1080p checked in the video settings. this will upscale the game to 1080p.
360/X-Box One: CMaggotbone
PS3/PS4: GrimReaper4383 PSN Level: 28 8/25/14
Trophy 6,900 11/30/14 PS+ Member Since 12/6/2010
Pre-Ordered: 4 Games & 1 Blu-Ray
Destiny "Gunsmith" Destiny "Public Events"
FaceBook My Blu-Ray Collection My Destiny Profiles
My PS3 Games My PS4 Games My Xbox One Games
Old 10-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #386
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillz5 View Post
Nothing on the Xbox has a true resolution of 1080p. Xbox uses dvds, thus the 360 is faced with size limits where a true 1080p resolution not possible.

Everything for/on the xbox has a native resolution at or below 720p. Xbox does offer 1080p upscaling for every game via the 360's hardware, while the PS3 does not. Might be the case here.
"This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there"
A.K.A. Sweet John
PSN: RaijinUT, Xbox Live: I Raijin I, Steam: Raijin, Origin: Raijins, Wii U: Raijinslc
Mr. Beautiful's number 1 groupie and one proud Malamute owner

Last edited by RaijinUT; 10-04-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #387
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaijinUT View Post
Nothing on the Xbox has a true resolution of 1080p. Xbox uses dvds, thus it has size limits that would make a true 1080p resolution not possible.
Disc format doesn't affect native resolution. Unless you're referring to textures. It's a hardware constraint. Which is why PC games on DVD can run at a higher native resolution than PS3 games on Blu-Ray.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #388
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaijinUT View Post
Nothing on the Xbox has a true resolution of 1080p. Xbox uses dvds, thus the 360 is faced with size limits where a true 1080p resolution not possible.

Everything for/on the xbox has a native resolution at or below 720p. Xbox does offer 1080p upscaling for every game via the 360's hardware, while the PS3 does not. Might be the case here.
Definitely not true. Some PSN games are 1080p and very small files.

Of course a game can be 1080p with low res textures and the opposite is true as well.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #389
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
Of course a game can be 1080p with low res textures and the opposite is true as well.
Yes, as examples are some remastered PS3 classics in HD, if remastered is what you call them.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:04 AM   #390
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarvis View Post
Disc format doesn't affect native resolution. Unless you're referring to textures. It's a hardware constraint. Which is why PC games on DVD can run at a higher native resolution than PS3 games on Blu-Ray.
True. The reply was just a quick answer that the maybe the xbox Resident Evil was out upscaling the PS3 version.

I will leave it up to all the graphical sights to provide their breakdowns soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
Definitely not true. Some PSN games are 1080p and very small files.

Talking current gen games here... not a Live or a PSN game where a bunny running across a one color background screen and displays 20 colors with no textures.
"This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there"
A.K.A. Sweet John
PSN: RaijinUT, Xbox Live: I Raijin I, Steam: Raijin, Origin: Raijins, Wii U: Raijinslc
Mr. Beautiful's number 1 groupie and one proud Malamute owner
Old 10-05-2012, 12:13 AM   #391
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteinhauer View Post
Yes, as examples are some remastered PS3 classics in HD, if remastered is what you call them.
Agree, most seem to be lazy ports just upscaled. Would love to see more effort put in like upping the assets, etc.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #392
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

It's kind of strange seeing a brand new RE with so little thread activity (nothing for 2 days). For those who have played a large part of the game or multiple characters already, do you guys feel the game gets better over time or worse, or pretty much stays the same? I'm trying to guage what price point I'll consider picking this up at, or if I should just wait for a complete edition in about a year or so.

Also, I originally felt (from the 2 demos I played) that the Chris segment was the least fun, but a lot of people say that the Jake chapters are worse due to vehicle segments and QTE. Any thoughts?
Plats--92:
Old 10-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #393
Expert Member

Oct 2008
Le Canada

so far I've finished Leon scenario and I'm at halfway chapter 2 of Chris story... It's fun so far I enjoy the new elements and I'm happy they evolved with the gameplay and everything... it's not 1996 get this in your head ....
PSN ID: Blodiak
BattleTag: Blodiak#1841
Old 10-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #394
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Rocky mountain Frontrange

I'm about half way through Resistance 3 on my second time through, but I think I'll just switch over to RE6 now.
If you are violent you are weak, for violence has no mind.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #395

Dec 2009
Tokyo PSN:hotsauce2888
Send a message via Skype™ to Denoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_XRS View Post
It's kind of strange seeing a brand new RE with so little thread activity (nothing for 2 days). For those who have played a large part of the game or multiple characters already, do you guys feel the game gets better over time or worse, or pretty much stays the same? I'm trying to guage what price point I'll consider picking this up at, or if I should just wait for a complete edition in about a year or so.

Also, I originally felt (from the 2 demos I played) that the Chris segment was the least fun, but a lot of people say that the Jake chapters are worse due to vehicle segments and QTE. Any thoughts?
I've already beaten the game and started on Veteran. That first question you can't technically answer because you can play the stories in any order. I enjoyed the order I played it in. That was Jake's, Leon's, Chris and Ada. To me it got better the more I played. I was seriously hating the game at first. It felt way too different, but once you get the hang of it, it gets way better. Sucks they change the combat, but you can counter and even dodge attacks now.

I think Ada's might have been my favorite segment though. I had no problem with Jake's. His story does seem a little shorter. I've played Jake twice now and I only remember one vehicle segment. I'm not sure whose counting QTE's but I don't know if I could say any segment has more than the others. Overall, I think this game is getting a lot of negative attention just because of different expectations. In the end, the game is actually fun and I'll be playing for a while.
A sound Soul, dwells within a sound mind and a sound body.

Formerly Dark Moses
Old 10-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #396
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:

There's not much discussion because it's not a very good game. I finally played it at a friend's and the critic consensus is right on target. Thankfully for Capcom they can stamp the franchise name on a turd and sell a ton of copies.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #397
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

Denoku--which would you say is better? RE6 or Shadows of the Damned?
Plats--92:
Old 10-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #398

Dec 2009

Quote:
Denoku--which would you say is better? RE6 or Shadows of the Damned?
Hmm, that's a interesting question. I loved Shadows of the Damned but I guess I would say Resident Evil 6. While it's hard for me to choose between them, RE6 does offer more replayability and co-op which makes me lean towards that.

I might not be the best person to ask though, as I usually like games some others hate. RE6 does have flaws like any other game but for me in the end, it's how much I actually enjoyed it and were the flaws enough to detract from the game.

Formerly Dark Moses
Old 10-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #399
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
San Diego, Ca.
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denoku View Post
Hmm, that's a interesting question. I loved Shadows of the Damned but I guess I would say Resident Evil 6. While it's hard for me to choose between them, RE6 does offer more replayability and co-op which makes me lean towards that.

I might not be the best person to ask though, as I usually like games some others hate. RE6 does have flaws like any other game but for me in the end, it's how much I actually enjoyed it and were the flaws enough to detract from the game.
"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
Launch Day PS4 1TB FW 2.03
Polk Monitor 50's Mains, CSI A4 Center, RTI A1s & 2 SVS Subs / PSN ID: Omegaice
Old 10-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #400

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaice View Post
So, care to elaborate on that? I'm not sure why you're rolling your eyes. I mean some games, not Borderlands 2.

Formerly Dark Moses

Last edited by Denoku; 10-06-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3