Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: Age of Extinction (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$22.49
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$123.99
Spartacus: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$108.99
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$14.49
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$75.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.59
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Treme: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.98
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 11-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #1

Dec 2011
Australia Problems with Amazing Spiderman 3D blu?

I just purchased the 3D amazing spiderman set ($29 at Big W) and as I watched it, toward the second half, the film started to slow down and the sound started to buffer (like a bad downloaded copy that cant keep up with the action). This continued to happen and got progressively worse and worse till the movie was basically unwatchable.

I thought it had to be my blu-ray player, but I went back to the beginning half of the movie and it was perfectly fine (as it was when I first played it), then went back to the second half and it was back to being unwatchable. Other movies have been working perfectly fine.

I don't have another player to check it on, but so far it seems as if its the disc since its happening in the same spots everytime.

Anyone else having problems?
Old 11-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1107 View Post
I just purchased the 3D amazing spiderman set ($29 at Big W) and as I watched it, toward the second half, the film started to slow down and the sound started to buffer (like a bad downloaded copy that cant keep up with the action). This continued to happen and got progressively worse and worse till the movie was basically unwatchable.

I thought it had to be my blu-ray player, but I went back to the beginning half of the movie and it was perfectly fine (as it was when I first played it), then went back to the second half and it was back to being unwatchable. Other movies have been working perfectly fine.

I don't have another player to check it on, but so far it seems as if its the disc since its happening in the same spots everytime.

Ill get it tomorrow and check my copy but i have not heard of this, though if it was a disk issue worldwide, we wouldn't know since the US has not been released yet
WTB:
Standard Blu's: Finding Nemo (non 3D with slip), same for Brave. Cars 2 3D with all discs. Disney 3D releases (G-Force, Chicken Run, Little and Meet the Robinsons etc.). Beauty and the Beast Xmas with slip.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:

Were you watching it in 2d or 3d? Or does it do it during playback in both modes? I might check my copy out later for the issue, however I haven't seen it yet and was planning on watching something else tonight, so I can't promise that I will check it for you.
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avp/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (region free), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One & 360 250gb s, Sony PS4 & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony 1100i remote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #4

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevolution View Post
Were you watching it in 2d or 3d? Or does it do it during playback in both modes? I might check my copy out later for the issue, however I haven't seen it yet and was planning on watching something else tonight, so I can't promise that I will check it for you.
Yeah Nickmate, I checked out the review for the US copy, and there was no mention.

Cevolution, it's the same disc for 3D and 2D but you select which option you want on the menu. I watched in 2D as I don't have a 3D player or tv yet.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Quote:
Yeah Nickmate, I checked out the review for the US copy, and there was no mention.

Cevolution, it's the same disc for 3D and 2D but you select which option you want on the menu. I watched in 2D as I don't have a 3D player or tv yet.
Might be a single disk problem or small batch error. Have you got any mates or relatives with a Blu-ray player. Try it on theirs, if its the same problem, return it. If the problem arises, i would contact Sony/Universal and report the issue and make sure they send you are a replacement disk.
WTB:
Standard Blu's: Finding Nemo (non 3D with slip), same for Brave. Cars 2 3D with all discs. Disney 3D releases (G-Force, Chicken Run, Little and Meet the Robinsons etc.). Beauty and the Beast Xmas with slip.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010

What player do you have Brad? And what FW?
Old 11-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #7

Feb 2012

Hmmmm, I watched it in 2D on my Sony BDPS370 the other night and it didn't glitch out like that for me. Mind you my disc is 2D only, could be a problem with 3D discs? Or maybe your firmware?
Old 11-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #8

Jun 2009
Australia

i know the 3d disc for conan the barbarian remake does this when playing 2d in a 2d blu-ray player but when i tried in ps3 worked fine.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:28 AM   #9

Nov 2012

I'm also having a problem with this disc, but of a different nature

I'm using an LG BP620 player, and an LG LM6700 TV, all latest firmware and software.

It loads the disc, the TV automatically detects 3D content and switches to 3D mode. The first time i played the disc, the screen just stayed black but the time counter kept going. I stopped the disc after 2:26, removed it, tried again, and now it loads the disc, then jumps straight to 2:26 and just sits on that. I've tried playing other blurays, they work fine. I go back to the 3d disc, does the same thing...

Not sure if this is a player or disc issue, as it's the first 3D disc i've tried playing, and the only one I have. Any tips?

PS. sorry to hijack your thread, but thought if I created another it would be seen as a duplicate...
Old 11-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #10

Sep 2009
Central Coast, NSW, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickant1 View Post
I'm also having a problem with this disc, but of a different nature

I'm using an LG BP620 player, and an LG LM6700 TV, all latest firmware and software.

It loads the disc, the TV automatically detects 3D content and switches to 3D mode. The first time i played the disc, the screen just stayed black but the time counter kept going. I stopped the disc after 2:26, removed it, tried again, and now it loads the disc, then jumps straight to 2:26 and just sits on that. I've tried playing other blurays, they work fine. I go back to the 3d disc, does the same thing...

Not sure if this is a player or disc issue, as it's the first 3D disc i've tried playing, and the only one I have. Any tips?

PS. sorry to hijack your thread, but thought if I created another it would be seen as a duplicate...
Check your player settings. Where it says output resolution I would hazard a guess you have it set at "1080p". Try setting it to "source direct" or whatever it's called on your player. I've heard of some people having difficulties with 3D playback where the player tries to process the video stream. Worth checking to see if that's the issue for you...
LATEST FOR SALE ITEMS:
Epic (US BD/DVD/UV) $10. New/sealed. Price includes shipping anywhere in Australia!

--| Sale/Trade thread - Steels & regular Blus! ...big update June 8! |--
Old 11-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #11

Nov 2012

Thanks for relying atexp80.

I'm a little closer to finding a solution. My receiver seems to be the issue, as I plugged the player straight into the tv and it's working. Now I just need to work out why the receiver isn't cooperating. That's not an issue with the Spiderman bluray though, so ill get out of here...
Old 11-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #12

Sep 2009
Central Coast, NSW, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickant1 View Post
Thanks for relying atexp80.

I'm a little closer to finding a solution. My receiver seems to be the issue, as I plugged the player straight into the tv and it's working. Now I just need to work out why the receiver isn't cooperating. That's not an issue with the Spiderman bluray though, so ill get out of here...
In that case, same issue. Check if your receivers output resolution is set to 1080p. If it is, try setting it to Auto or Source Direct. Hopefully that does the trick.
LATEST FOR SALE ITEMS:
Epic (US BD/DVD/UV) $10. New/sealed. Price includes shipping anywhere in Australia!

--| Sale/Trade thread - Steels & regular Blus! ...big update June 8! |--
Old 11-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #13

Nov 2012
Default Problems with the audio on amazing spiderman 3d bluray

I use a PS3 to play my Amazing Spiderman 3D Blu-ray Disc. I use a Yamaha YAS-101 soundbar. My problem is when I play the movie I get audio with descriptive narration and the voices are muted. I tried removing the disc and replaying the movie but the same thing happens. It's like it's using a handicap sound setting. Anyone know how to fix this audio problem?
Old 01-04-2013, 02:33 AM   #14

Jan 2013
Default Spiderman 3d not working for me also

I am having problems with bran new spiderman 3d disc not playing as well but i have panasonic 3d players and neither will play it.avengers and harry potter 3d and others al work perfectly so i know its the disc,tried cleaning still just flicks and shift to 2d mode.i have the latest update no go.just wanted to let others know its not just samsung and sony players.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #15

Jan 2013

I also purchased Spiderman Blueray 3D from Walmart and cannot see any of the 3D movie. Once I hit play movie, the screen goes black. I exchanged it for another one and am having the same problem. I wonder did Walmart got a bad batch?????
Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #16

Jul 2010
Sydney, Australia

I haven't had any problem with my copy of Amazing Spider Man 3D. I have watched it twice (in my PS3) since I got it and it works fine. I bought my copy from JB Hi Fi.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

I watched it once in 2d and once in 3d, and didn't experience any problems with mine either. I highly doubt it's disc related, it will be a player issue.
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avp/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (region free), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One & 360 250gb s, Sony PS4 & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony 1100i remote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #18

Dec 2008
Near Charlotte, North Carolina
Default This disc may be a new kind of 3D disc.

I think either lack of a current firmware update on the part of the consumer,or the lack of a solution in the current firmware by the maker of the player may be the cause of some of the trouble here.

I remember seeing these kinds of issues with a few movie titles back in the early DVD days. For better or worse, it all comes from trying to expand the capabilities of an existing format to its limits.

For others, THe problem may be that their existing home theater receiver can't pass through a 3D signal. There are a few solutions that issue:

Run the HDMI from the Blu-Ray player directly to their HDTVand output the sound from the HDTV to the receiver. (If your HDTV has an HDMI OUT)

Get a new 3D ready receiver,

Buy a dual HDMI output blu-ray player.

I bought a a Panasonic DMP-BDT310 player with dual HDMI outputs for that very reason. My receiver is an older one with no 3D. In my set-up, one HDMI cable goes directly to the HDTV for the 3D picture portion, and the other HDMI goes to the receiver for the sound portion. For those of you without receiver pass-through issues, hopefully the makers of the Blu-Ray players will have updated their hardware by now, and this will be a non-issue.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #19

May 2009
New Zealand

Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me if the Amazing Spider-Man Triple Play set comes with 2x BD or just the one BD+DVD+Digital?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia