Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Nekromantik (Blu-ray)
$20.19
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Pumpkinhead (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Construction

Old 11-03-2012, 02:58 AM   #241

Aug 2012
Indiana

For sure... lookin' good.

What brand of paint did you go with? Is that grey you used on the walls pretty dark when the lights are off? I'm thinking about doing a really dark almost graphite on the screen wall, then a mid-level grey on the others.

BTW, I dig the Xbox PJ's. I have the exact same ones, that my wife never lets me wear... women
HT Setup
Speakers - R/L Polk RTi A7, C RTi C6, SR FXi A4
Sub - 2x Def Tech ProSUB 1000 sealed enclosure subs.
AVR - Aventage A1010
Drobo FS with 15 TB Network Storage and custom HTPC
2 Channel Setup
Speakers - R/L Def Tech SM55
Amp - Denon AVR 4800
Old 11-03-2012, 04:02 AM   #242
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Toronto, Canada eh!
Canada

Alright, so I'll start with the bad news. We received a call that our couch has arrived early! Sweet right!? Well my wife was off today since we had to get our microwave serviced so we booked the delivery for today.

So they arrive, take a look at the space. Said it won't be a problem getting it in the basement. They head back to the truck to load it and...

One of the guys has a question for my wife. Not a big deal.

"So which side is the chaise on?"

"Looking at it from the front, it's on the left"

"uh oh"

And there you have it! Yep, they had ordered the wrong one...

My wife called the store to get this straightened out, and the manager will give us a call tomorrow morning. The couch in the correct setting is currently in stock so it will be another week or so since neither of us will be taking time in the week off for the delivery (again)...

Now for some uplifting news...I was able to mount the wall bracket on the wall in the basement.

It didn't take much time at all. I've done quite a few, so I've finally got the hang of it.

I'll be moving the plasma downstairs sometime this weekend and mounting the LED set on the main floor as well.

I had also hooked my receiver and bluray player up to test out the sound...

MAN OH MAN! I can't wipe the smile off my face. I played a few scenes from Transformers 3 I was blown away and I haven't even tweaked anything... Even my wife was smiling.

All of this work was finally realized when I had plopped myself on the floor and watch scenes on a black wall while listening to sound that all on default. It's funny to think that this would make me feel like a kid on Christmas but it has.

And the big news?!

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!!!

My screen has FINALLY arrived, and I'm totally excited!

It was shipped in some crazy heavy crate like frame. I opened it up to make sure that there's no visible damage, and I'm happy to confirm that there's none.

They did still manage to screw up one thing...They forgot to add the plastic part that adjusts the screen stop

So I had emailed them, and they're going to send that out for me. I swear I'm going to post quite the review once this is finally hung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Looks nice
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoares View Post
Well done. But take care again, "Health is Wealth"
I'm taking it easy and I'm getting a lot of help from my father in law and friends this weekend, so I can slow my role down and take a step back.

I'm feeling good today!
JVC DLA-RS55 4K Shift Projector, 100" EluneVision Reference Studio 4K Tab-Tensioned Screen
*New unfinished basement is currently under construction* The new build thread!
64" Samsung PN64D8000 3D Plasma, Samsung BD-D5500 3D Bluray player
Main Floor: Samsung UN55D7000 LED 3DTV, Samsung BD-D5500
Beadroom: Panasonic TC-P50ST30 3D Plasma, Panasonic DMP-BDT110 3D Bluray player
Final Fantasy Black Cloud 160GB J-PS3, Xbox 360 Elite
Old 11-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #243
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Toronto, Canada eh!
Canada

I think I'm almost over this project I do not want to step foot into my basement, as looking at the screen that was delivered would put me into a fit of rage!

Remember that screen that I had ordered custom? Remember how it was delayed a few weeks? And I wouldn't have known unless I had called the vender and asked where it was?

Well I had some help come through in order to help me hang the damn thing. I unpackage it out of the crate box and set it on the stand. I then take the mounts out and test to see how it will be hung...

Sounds good right?

Well I was met with this...

Yeah, that's the mount hanging upside down!?

Yeppers folks, it looks like whoever made the case decided to take the piss and reverse everything. I'm not crazy, I looked at this thing over and over again. I've installed a few screens, and I've NEVER seen this before. I even looked at the pictures online and the grooves go the opposite way.

And the instructions?! Forget about it. They are TERRIBLE! You can only get so far with broken English...

Do you see how it bends below? That's where the screen comes out!

At this point I'm seeing red! I haven't been this pissed off in YEARS! I waited 3 months for this screen and this is what I'm met with!?

I am trying to see if I can get this exchanged for another model that's in stock, and installed from the vender.

If there's nothing for me in stock then I'll have to return it, and be on the hunt for another screen. And God only knows when that will arrive.

WOOOOOOSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Okay, I'm a bit more calm.

We were able to install the vanity and toilet so the weekend was not a total loss. I'll be sure to take pictures once I clean up a bit.

I think my wife had see how upset I was about the screen and suggested I go shopping with her and her mother at Urban Barn. I decided it would be better then swearing about the basement every time I walk pass the door heading downstairs.

They were doing their own thing for a bit and then my wife passed by and said "Why don't you sit in that recliner that you love and sit in EVERY TIME we come here".

Sounds like a good idea, I need to kick my feet up. I sat in it for five or so minutes and she came by with our fav sales person and said "That's the one, it will look great next to the couch".

Yep, she bought it for me That totally made my weekend a better one over all!

So I'll keep you guys posted on the screen situation. I'm hoping to have this buttoned up by tomorrow evening.
JVC DLA-RS55 4K Shift Projector, 100" EluneVision Reference Studio 4K Tab-Tensioned Screen
Old 11-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #244

Aug 2012
Indiana

Sorry dude, that sucks.

Who was the manufacturer so I know to avoid them?

Good luck getting things resolved.
HT Setup
AVR - Aventage A1010
2 Channel Setup
Amp - Denon AVR 4800
Old 11-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #245

Nov 2009
Brampton, ON

Damn, such bad luck. I had almost the complete opposite experience when I bought my screen (fixed). The owner of the store went the warehouse the day after I ordered so I could get it from him because it would have taken a week to get to my house if they shipped it.

If it were me I would just give up and return it and try and find a more reputable store/brand. Good luck with the rest of it.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #246
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAGDNIM View Post
I think I'm almost over this project I do not want to step foot into my basement, as looking at the screen that was delivered would put me into a fit of rage!

[Show spoiler]Remember that screen that I had ordered custom? Remember how it was delayed a few weeks? And I wouldn't have known unless I had called the vender and asked where it was?

Well I had some help come through in order to help me hang the damn thing. I unpackage it out of the crate box and set it on the stand. I then take the mounts out and test to see how it will be hung...

Sounds good right?

Well I was met with this...

Yeah, that's the mount hanging upside down!?

Yeppers folks, it looks like whoever made the case decided to take the piss and reverse everything. I'm not crazy, I looked at this thing over and over again. I've installed a few screens, and I've NEVER seen this before. I even looked at the pictures online and the grooves go the opposite way.

And the instructions?! Forget about it. They are TERRIBLE! You can only get so far with broken English...

Do you see how it bends below? That's where the screen comes out!

At this point I'm seeing red! I haven't been this pissed off in YEARS! I waited 3 months for this screen and this is what I'm met with!?

I am trying to see if I can get this exchanged for another model that's in stock, and installed from the vender.

If there's nothing for me in stock then I'll have to return it, and be on the hunt for another screen. And God only knows when that will arrive.

WOOOOOOSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Okay, I'm a bit more calm.

We were able to install the vanity and toilet so the weekend was not a total loss. I'll be sure to take pictures once I clean up a bit.

I think my wife had see how upset I was about the screen and suggested I go shopping with her and her mother at Urban Barn. I decided it would be better then swearing about the basement every time I walk pass the door heading downstairs.

They were doing their own thing for a bit and then my wife passed by and said "Why don't you sit in that recliner that you love and sit in EVERY TIME we come here".

Sounds like a good idea, I need to kick my feet up. I sat in it for five or so minutes and she came by with our fav sales person and said "That's the one, it will look great next to the couch".

Yep, she bought it for me That totally made my weekend a better one over all!

So I'll keep you guys posted on the screen situation. I'm hoping to have this buttoned up by tomorrow evening.
That sucks man... I hope they make it right by you. I'm glad I was able to buy something in stock from them. I was seeing red with my chair situation, it is no fun when people don't come through for you.

Edit: wouldn't want to drive anyone nuts

Last edited by roar; 11-05-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:29 AM   #247
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lol - Dude!! SPOILER TAG that post! (Anytime I see people quoting a HUGE Post with Pics or not, it drives me nuts. ALL it does is take up WAAAAYYYY TOO MUCH Space ).

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Hey buddy - That screen situation Totally freakin' BLOWS!!! If they had a phone# for you to call & talk to the Owner/Store Mgr., OMG, would that person get an earful of the Harshest FOUL Language known to mankind...

And that box they shipped it in, WTF?! How'd that make it down the stairs into your HT?!
* Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles/11 Yrs!! (02-13) *

POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!"
* TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's *
ONKYO TX-NR838 DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
* BLU-RAYS: 945 *
Old 11-05-2012, 04:02 AM   #248
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Toronto, Canada eh!
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrf_uproar View Post
Sorry dude, that sucks.

Who was the manufacturer so I know to avoid them?

Good luck getting things resolved.
The manufacture is EluneVision...From what I've seen in person they make wonderful screens, but I've NEVER in my many years of AV seen such a thing happen to a casing of a screen.

I'm hoping to have this sorted with the vender that I'm dealing with directly tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
Damn, such bad luck. I had almost the complete opposite experience when I bought my screen (fixed). The owner of the store went the warehouse the day after I ordered so I could get it from him because it would have taken a week to get to my house if they shipped it.

If it were me I would just give up and return it and try and find a more reputable store/brand. Good luck with the rest of it.
I wish I had a transaction like yours. In all honesty, I've lost all faith in this vendor. We will see what they can do for me tomorrow.

Worst comes to worst, I'll just have to look elsewhere. I've got a few other venders in the city that I can get in contact with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roar View Post
That sucks man... I hope they make it right by you. I'm glad I was able to buy something in stock from them. I was seeing red with my chair situation, it is no fun when people don't come through for you.

Edit: wouldn't want to drive anyone nuts
So far they have been rather crappy. I've been the one chasing them down EVERY DAY! Seriously, they can't wait to get me off of the phone.

I've grown tired of the whole process and I just want a screen that I can actually use in the space.

I'm not holding my breath, but I'm hoping that I can have this sorted and installed sometime this week.

Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lol - Dude!! SPOILER TAG that post! (Anytime I see people quoting a HUGE Post with Pics or not, it drives me nuts. ALL it does is take up WAAAAYYYY TOO MUCH Space ).

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Hey buddy - That screen situation Totally freakin' BLOWS!!! If they had a phone# for you to call & talk to the Owner/Store Mgr., OMG, would that person get an earful of the Harshest FOUL Language known to mankind...

And that box they shipped it in, WTF?! How'd that make it down the stairs into your HT?!
If they didn't rush me off of the phone, I'd give them a piece of my mind.

Tomorrow is a make or break for them and me. I HOPE that we can settle this, and move forward.

If not, I've got a choice review that I'll be posted on here as well as over on their screen thread on AVS. I've been keeping track of EVERYTHING from phone calls to emails.

I've grown tired of constantly emailing and calling. If I don't hound them, they would just put my issue on the back burner.

As for getting the screen down? I have no clue how we did it, but we managed to get it down, without messing up the walls. I guess I missed my calling in life as a professional mover

So I'm going to try and get into a more expensive screen if its available and have it exchanged for the crap screen that was shipped to me. It all depends if they have them in stock. That being said, I might have to lose a few inches on the screen size if I do so

I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #249

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Sorry to read about the problem with the screen EMAGDNIM ~ That sucks & hope you get it all straighten out ASAP. The room is coming along very nicely I see

Good luck getting it worked out today
Brent

A Projector and Sound System with a Blu-ray ~ Priceless.........
Old 11-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #250
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

Sorry to read about the screen debacle. Plus 11111111111 on your wife saving the day with buying you the chair!!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:04 AM   #251

Dec 2007
Halifax, NS, Canada
Send a message via MSN to libbs

Pretty epic build you got here! The room looks great!

Also your wife is a total saint! Where can I oder one of those???????

Samsung PN50C8000
Denon AVR-1908
Sony Playstation 3, 80Gb
Paradigm Monitor 7 Fronts
Paradigm Atom Monitor Surrounds x2
Paradigm Monitor CC-190 Center Channel
Paradigm PDR-10 Sub-Woofer
Old 11-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #252
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Toronto, Canada eh!
Canada

Alright so it's been a trying day. I believe I've sorted out my screen issue but it comes at a price (coming out of my wallet).

So there's no way I can have another custom screen order arrive before Christmas It would be another 6-8 weeks before it arrives. And even then, they could mess it up as bad as the original that I had received.

So then I asked them if the EluneVision Reference Studio 4K Tab-Tensioned Screen was in stock. Well it is. That being said, it's a LOT more then what I had paid originally. You can take a peak at what I'm talking about here!

I still want an electric and I still want it to be tensioned. I've seen the reference material in person and it looked GREAT but I wasn't planning to spend that type of money at that time.

Well I guess I should have just sucked it up then, because I bought one anyways.

Now the next thing I'm not happy about is that I'll have to go down on screen size because of the costs associated with their high end model. I just can't stomach this added cost this late in the game. If I were to get close to what I had ordered originally, I'd be paying an extra $1000+ or so on top of what I had originally paid. I'd much rather spend that money on something else.

We worked it out that I'd pay the difference after discount. They would deliver the new screen, install it, and take the old defective screen back.

I'm just happy to put this situation behind me, and I'm looking forward to kicking my feet up soon...

They are coming to install it this Wednesday so I've got to get cracking on a few things.

With the help of my good friend, I was able to do this...

We mounted the plasma downstairs! It wasn't too hard, I just needed the added man power

I still need to unpackage the LED I just bought and set that up on the main floor. I'll try to get to that sometime within the next day or two.

Once the screen is up I can FINALLY start hooking up the various components in the stand and finalize commands in my Harmony 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyBLUE View Post
Sorry to read about the problem with the screen EMAGDNIM ~ That sucks & hope you get it all straighten out ASAP. The room is coming along very nicely I see

Good luck getting it worked out today
Thanks my man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxbfly View Post
Sorry to read about the screen debacle. Plus 11111111111 on your wife saving the day with buying you the chair!!!!
Yeah she really came through and made my week

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbs View Post
Pretty epic build you got here! The room looks great!

Also your wife is a total saint! Where can I oder one of those???????
Sorry I think I got the last one HAAH!
Old 11-07-2012, 01:54 AM   #253
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
Alabama

so let me get this straight....

they sent you an effed up screen...

they gave you a difficult time on the phone by not communicating with you unless YOU call them...

told you it'd be AFTER christmas until you could get another screen just like it...

but you can get a more expensive screen NOW, provided you PAY MORE OUT OF YOUR POCKET (even though it's not your fault about the first screen and it took for-freakin'-ever for you to get THAT one)?

OH.....HEEEEEELL NAW!

i'd be up in their ass so hard they'd think they got f@#$ed by a freight train.

they should BRING you the new screen, AT NO EXTRA CHARGE for the screen or shipping, install it, calibrate it (or pay a reputable source to do it) and take the broken one away.

ALL FOR FREE!

that's some bullshit what you're going through with them.

but now that i got that out of the way.....

the room is looking awesome, man. i can hardly wait for some COMPLETED shots!
Will Disney ever release Old Yeller and Big Red on blu-ray?
Old 11-07-2012, 06:07 AM   #254
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Montreal

Have to agree with sk33ter here, but then again I'm not in your situation. I'd be anxious to get it done so maybe I would cave for it as well

Can't wait to see the final shots.
Breaking Bad complete series Ultraviolet code 30$ PM ME!
MAIN
Samsung 52" 60 hz
Denon AVR 890
Polk 5.1 RM85
PS3 320GB Move bundle
OPPO-80 Region Free
Harmony One Remote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:30 AM   #255
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Toronto, Canada eh!
Canada

Alright people, where do I begin?

I've been talking to the vender throughout the day and I've managed to knock off a bit more money. I'm still looking to have more taken off of my invoice.

The installers were on time and had bought my new EluneVision 4K reference screen. The first thing I had noticed was how much smaller the case was. That was welcomed as the new one is a lot more streamlined. The other casing was rather bloated for no real reason.

The install was about 40 minutes as they made sure to place it exactly where I wanted it. They also set the drop limit (which was also nice).

They asked if I wanted to have the wall switch installed. I declined as I will be using my Harmony remote in order to drop the screen. I might run a trigger or buy the wireless one that syncs with this screen.

They asked if I wanted them to setup the projector. I'm rather anal so I told them that I'll take care of it myself.

They cleaned up, and took the old messed up screen with them.

Anyways, you guys like pictures right?

I'll be sure to snap more when I clean up a bit. I also started to organize the components in the stand. I've removed and moved my Black Cloud Limited Edition PS3, and 360 to the basement.

It's going to take me a bit of time to properly organize all of the wires as I HATE having wires all about. I've ordered some velcro straps (and some other small things) from Monoprice and I had used rush shipping. I hope that it will arrive for the weekend so that I can finally get this setup going

I also need to setup the Samsung LED on the main floor. If I can talk my friend into helping, I can do it tomorrow. If not then it's going to be installed on the weekend.

Oh in other non AV news, the toilet and vanity are both fully installed. We had a small little leak from the toilet. The upper portion was not fully bolted down on one side and water found it's way out (slowly). My father in law came by earlier and now it's been sorted .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
so let me get this straight....

they sent you an effed up screen...

they gave you a difficult time on the phone by not communicating with you unless YOU call them...

told you it'd be AFTER christmas until you could get another screen just like it...

but you can get a more expensive screen NOW, provided you PAY MORE OUT OF YOUR POCKET (even though it's not your fault about the first screen and it took for-freakin'-ever for you to get THAT one)?

OH.....HEEEEEELL NAW!

i'd be up in their ass so hard they'd think they got f@#$ed by a freight train.

they should BRING you the new screen, AT NO EXTRA CHARGE for the screen or shipping, install it, calibrate it (or pay a reputable source to do it) and take the broken one away.

ALL FOR FREE!

that's some bullshit what you're going through with them.

but now that i got that out of the way.....

the room is looking awesome, man. i can hardly wait for some COMPLETED shots!
It's total bullshit and I'm still working them down. I've knocked another $100 off of my invoice, but I'm looking for more!

This whole ordeal has tried my patience with dealing with this vender.

I can almost see the end game though, so I'm going to try and push through!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversnake View Post
Have to agree with sk33ter here, but then again I'm not in your situation. I'd be anxious to get it done so maybe I would cave for it as well

Can't wait to see the final shots.
There's just too much downtime. I had called a friend who works at another vender, and it would be after Christmas as well.

The situation overall sucks, but I'm not going to let it get me down!
Old 11-08-2012, 03:11 AM   #256
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")
Thumbs up

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, we Love PICTURES (<---- Plural ), where's the rest of the photos?! Some with it dropped down so we get an idea of the size. How big is it anyway? Also, what's the difference in size from the one you orig ordered? Is it a Big downsize or just a few inches overall?

Glad you're getting some $$$$$$$$$ lopped off, but really, they should have taken at least 25% or more off the new one, after what they put you thru & how you were treated.

At least you can see the light at the end of the tunnel now, right?
* Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles/11 Yrs!! (02-13) *

POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!"
* TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's *
ONKYO TX-NR838 DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
* BLU-RAYS: 945 *
Old 11-08-2012, 03:28 AM   #257

Aug 2012
Indiana

Congrats man. The screen looks great. And yes... you need to post more pictures.

I guess this goes as further proof that it is near impossible to come in under budget on projects like these.
HT Setup
AVR - Aventage A1010
2 Channel Setup
Amp - Denon AVR 4800
Old 11-08-2012, 04:02 AM   #258
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Toronto, Canada eh!
Canada

Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, we Love PICTURES (<---- Plural ), where's the rest of the photos?! Some with it dropped down so we get an idea of the size. How big is it anyway? Also, what's the difference in size from the one you orig ordered? Is it a Big downsize or just a few inches overall?

Glad you're getting some $$$$$$$$$ lopped off, but really, they should have taken at least 25% or more off the new one, after what they put you thru & how you were treated.

At least you can see the light at the end of the tunnel now, right?
HAHA Okay, since you're twisting my arm...I went back downstairs and snapped another two shots

Excuse the mess, like I said, I'm still putting everything together. Oh and the stand is crooked because I still need to get behind there.

I went down 10" overall. Originally I wanted 110" and now I'm at 100"

It's not a ton of real estate that was lost, but I was looking to go bigger then what I had in my last setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrf_uproar View Post
Congrats man. The screen looks great. And yes... you need to post more pictures.

I guess this goes as further proof that it is near impossible to come in under budget on projects like these.
Thanks my man!

And to those who are starting a project like this...Take the budget that you want to stick to...then DOUBLE IT! And then add 5-10% for overages.

If you want to take your time, then you can stick to budget since you're working at your own pace. It just might not be finished for a year (or three)...

I'm hoping to have it up and running in the next week or so. Heck, I might even try to have it running for some Champions League Soccer...

Watching Celtic taking it to Barca on the 50" plasma in my bedroom is not cutting it for me right now.

Cheers guys!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #259
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
Alabama

happy for you that you got a new screen delivered and installed in a timely manner. also that you got some $$$ taken off, that's great to hear.

lovin' the pics, too. keep 'em coming.
Will Disney ever release Old Yeller and Big Red on blu-ray?
Old 11-09-2012, 04:01 AM   #260
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Toronto, Canada eh!
Canada

Alright, I don't have any pictures for you guys (yet), but I managed to do a few things downstairs.

First thing first was setting up the Shaw HD satellite box. I used to be on Rogers when I lived in Mississauga, so I figured that it would be a rather streamlined process. Take it out of the box, plug it in, and then call to activate it right?

Well let me tell you guys a little story that almost ended with me having to cut holes in the drywall.

So I set the box up and turn it on. It states that there's no signal. No big deal, I haven't activated it. So I give Shaw a call and the CS rep sends the signal.

Nothing...

Hmmm he said. Then he asked about the setup. Is it new? Did I test the cable? He tried a few times and nothing. He even had me digging around in the sub menus trying to hard boot it up.

Here's where my blood pressure goes through the ceiling. He said it might be the cable. Yes, that cable that's now buried under wall insulation and drywall. That cable. I'm having visions of having to cut large pieces out in order to fish more through the space.

I think I was going to be sick...

He asks if the other units in the house are currently working. I run up stairs to check and the PVR on the main floor and HD box in our bedroom work.

He then said "Well this is strange. Lets try one last thing"

In my head I'm hoping that this will work. He said to grab the HD box and bring it down stairs so that I can relay the information that it's receiving, and finally see if it's the signal, the cable, or the box.

With my fingers crossed I boot it up and a few minutes later...

.... IT WORKS!!! OH MY GOD IT WORKS!

I think I actually fist pumped when the MLS match showed up on my plamsa.

So it looks like I have an issue with the firmware on the box and a tech would have to call me back in a half hour.

In that time I started to configure the components in the stand. Man there's soooo many cables.

I get a call back and he walked me through a few things and ended up solving the problem. My box now works

I guess I have to now get this other stuff together so that I can watch right?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Construction