COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Pain & Gain (Blu-ray)
$10.12
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Destroy All Monsters (Blu-ray)
$12.74
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Baltimore Ravens: Road to XLVII (Blu-ray)
$20.08
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Eternal Damn Nation (Blu-ray)
$15.25
D-Day Remembered (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Bones: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$19.89
Old 10-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #3341

Sep 2012
Sacramento, CA

Hi all!

Relatively new to the blu scene, and starting with the deal hunt for Avengers and Cinderella (earlier this month) I've been hooked. Have found many amazing deals because of this site. Plus, I have learned a lot too. I have even started to buying some items in the trading forum. I look forward to chatting and posting more with you all!

Last edited by kyokun916; 10-24-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:13 PM   #3342
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
Send a message via AIM to LeAnn

Welcome to blu-ray.com! I am sure that you will like it here. Everyone is very nice and it is usually fairly easy to find an answer.
sb, I also love steelbooks and metal packs. It can be very addicting.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #3343
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
The Great White North
Send a message via Yahoo to Glassroots

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyokun916 View Post
Hi all!

Relatively new to the blu scene, and starting with the deal hunt for Avengers and Cinderella (earlier this month) I've been hooked. Have found many amazing deals because of this site. Plus, I have learned a lot too. I have even started to buying some items in the trading forum. I look forward to chatting and posting more with you all!
Those were my exact words 3 years ago but instead of buying the Avengers and Cinderella I got I am Legend, and Spider-Man 3.

Either way welcome to the site, stay awhile ..... we have refreshments awaiting new guests...... actually no we don't ...... but we should......hmmmmmmm now you got me thinking.
Anyways it's always nice to see a new face, enjoy the site....... and may your life look as beautiful as 1080p resolution looks on my TV.
Rest in Peace Paul.

PSN ID: glassroots

GO WINNIPEG JETS GO!!!!

Last edited by Glassroots; 10-25-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #3344

Oct 2012

Can anyone confirm that Blu Ray discs are better for data retention and have longer lifespans than DVDs? I have heard DVD discs last as little as 30 years, while Blu Ray can last 100 to 150 years.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #3345

Sep 2012
Sacramento, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassroots View Post
Those were my exact words 3 years ago but instead of buying the Avengers and Cinderella I got I am Legend, and Spider-Man 3.

Either way welcome to the site, stay awhile ..... we have refreshments awaiting new guests...... actually no we don't ...... but we should......hmmmmmmm now you got me thinking.
Anyways it's always nice see a new face, enjoy the site....... and may your life look as beautiful as 1080p resolution looks on my TV.
Thank you kindly, and I aspire to have collection and setup as nice as yours someday.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #3346
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
The Great White North
Send a message via Yahoo to Glassroots

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyokun916 View Post
Thank you kindly, and I aspire to have collection and setup as nice as yours someday.
I'm flattered...thanks bud.
I started small and worked at it one piece at a time....as far as speaker shopping just listen to what sounds good to you and buy in your budget......i by no means am that wealthy....i just bought one speaker at a time and chose Paradigm cause they offer you high quality sound without breaking the bank (and their Canadian owned)

Now i have a system that I enjoy and my family enjoy and that's what's most important.

Enjoy the site my friend...you can friend me if you like....I always have an open ear.
Rest in Peace Paul.

PSN ID: glassroots

GO WINNIPEG JETS GO!!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 05:55 AM   #3347

Oct 2012
Think Oranges

Hello to fellow Bluphiles, I've been lurking for a few weeks and finally joined a few days ago. My Blu/3D Collection is small but that will change in time, I've amassed quite a number of DVDs which I now find myself double/Triple Dipping on in the the Blu Format. In any case the PQ & AQ is unsurpassed, and the well converted 3D Blus are a sight to behold...I find it quite a unique experience that at times can be exhilarating to say the least. I know there are those who do not find the 3D Format worth the trouble, and that's fine, everyones entitled to their own an all that.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:09 AM   #3348

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalDropPodTroop View Post
Hello to fellow Bluphiles, I've been lurking for a few weeks and finally joined a few days ago. My Blu/3D Collection is small but that will change in time, I've amassed quite a number of DVDs which I now find myself double/Triple Dipping on in the the Blu Format. In any case the PQ & AQ is unsurpassed, and the well converted 3D Blus are a sight to behold...I find it quite a unique experience that at times can be exhilarating to say the least. I know there are those who do not find the 3D Format worth the trouble, and that's fine, everyones entitled to their own an all that.
Welcome Orbital,

2D or 3D? It don't matter. If you like 3D then good for you, and BTW...you'll find many here who like it as well. Enjoy your stay with us!
John - I love the smell of vinyl in the morning!
My personal motto: "Live Life! Leave A Legacy!"
I reserve the right to post as a member. When I post as a Moderator I will select a color depending on my mood!
AudioQuest - Genesis - Jolida - McIntosh - Mogami - Nitty Gritty - Nottingham - Ortofon - PS Audio - Rega - Valab/King - Wave Acoustic
Old 10-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #3349

Oct 2012
Think Oranges

Thanks for the welcome Johnny V, great forum you guys have here.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #3350
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009
Netherlands SteelBooks™: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalDropPodTroop View Post
Thanks for the welcome Johnny V, great forum you guys have here.
Hey Orbital.
Welcome to our lovely community !
Andy.

A world of pounding beats, pure melodies, and euphoria. A State of Trance.

tonight is forever.

PSN; deeii91
Old 10-28-2012, 12:59 AM   #3351

Oct 2012
Think Oranges

Thanks deeii, a lovely community INDEED!
Old 10-30-2012, 02:48 AM   #3352

Oct 2012

Hi I'm new here (who would have guessed that one ). well i registered here, because i'm a blu ray collector and this is a blue ray forum^^.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #3353
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009
Netherlands SteelBooks™: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by alone1804 View Post
Hi I'm new here (who would have guessed that one ). well i registered here, because i'm a blu ray collector and this is a blue ray forum^^.
Heyhey, welcome to the forums!
Andy.

A world of pounding beats, pure melodies, and euphoria. A State of Trance.

tonight is forever.

PSN; deeii91
Old 11-05-2012, 12:37 AM   #3354

Nov 2012
Roma, Italy

Hello, I came to this forum in order to ask a technical question about a HDMI issue I'm having, but if I try to create a new thread anywhere (including this newbie section!), I get a "as a new member you do not yet have the privilege to create new threads" message.

I tried looking around for information on this issue, but, surprisingly enough, I couldn't find anywhere a stricky thread or a FAQ saying what I must do to actually ask my technical question.

Some help, please?
Old 11-05-2012, 01:07 AM   #3355

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
Hello, I came to this forum in order to ask a technical question about a HDMI issue I'm having, but if I try to create a new thread anywhere (including this newbie section!), I get a "as a new member you do not yet have the privilege to create new threads" message.

I tried looking around for information on this issue, but, surprisingly enough, I couldn't find anywhere a stricky thread or a FAQ saying what I must do to actually ask my technical question.

Some help, please?
Hi Massimo & welcome to the Forum

You need to get a few posts in out in the forum before you can start a new Thread Make 5 or 6 more posts & you should be good.

You can ask some HDMI questions here to get started if you like

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=33168
Brent

A Projector and Sound System with a Blu-ray ~ Priceless.........
Old 11-05-2012, 04:15 AM   #3356

Nov 2012

New hear
Old 11-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #3357

Nov 2012
Roma, Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyBLUE View Post
Hi Massimo & welcome to the Forum

You need to get a few posts in out in the forum before you can start a new Thread Make 5 or 6 more posts & you should be good.

You can ask some HDMI questions here to get started if you like

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=33168
Ok, but mine is quite a specific technical question, that's why I wanted to place it in a new thread instead of an existing one

Maybe you can point me to the right forum? My problem is, in a HT setup where everything is connected through HDMI, when connecting BD -> Receiver -> TV everything is ok, but when connecting BD -> TV -> Receiver, I get weird audio format changes.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #3358

Oct 2012

Odd. I spent about an hour adding what should have been 70 ish blu rays to my owned list. Yet I'm being told i have 31 and, say 27 skus. Now i know what the SKU means... but wheres the rest?

I've tried adding Toy Story 3D and Terminator Salvation, for example, repeatedly, yet its not 'saving' into the records. Read back 3 or 4 pages on the thread but not seeing anyone else mention this?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #3359

Oct 2012

hi all; recently found out about this forum
million info here; thanks all
interesting facts and reviews; shall add mine as well
Old 11-09-2012, 03:08 AM   #3360
Expert Member

Oct 2006

Welcome to the forum, akbombay.
JVC RS40 projector / 118 inch Carada screen
Panasonic BDT-500 3D blu-ray player
Darblet