COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Vincent Price Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.49
Prisoners (Blu-ray)
$9.99
In the Mouth of Madness (Blu-ray)
$9.49
Saw: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Haunting (Blu-ray)
$9.49
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$158.69
The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.49
Leprechaun: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.49
V/H/S/2 (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Eighth Series (Blu-ray)
$64.96
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Final Terror (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Vikings: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Old 11-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #41
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsip View Post
Plasm wasn't made by Valiant. Once Jim Shooter was fired from Valiant he started that company and Plasm was the first books released in that card form with binder. It also featured the original artist of Harbinger Dave Lapham.

But it wasn't published by Valiant.

-Brian

Kewl thanks for the clarification. I was thinking that there was some type of relationship there.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #42

Jul 2008

Quote:
Shadowman #1 was released today and it's Terrific...

Very Solid BOOK!!!!

-Brian
Oh hell yeah, I picked up a regular, blackout, and 1:20 variant. SOOOOOOO glad to see Jack back
Old 11-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #43
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.

I ordered Shadowman #1 reg. and blackout and can't wait to get it! I like the new look of the character a lot.
WANTS: Blufans steelbooks: UP 2D Slip, Let The Bullets Fly, Star Trek: ID Individual A slip.
Have for trade: Blufans: Pacific Rim, Kimchi: Rush Lenti, Pianist Lenti, Memento Lenti, Zaavi: V for Vendetta, Indy steels, Army of Darkness Others: OOP Kubrick 10 Disc Collection, TWD S2 Zombie Head, SDCC Alien Anthology Egg set, more.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Seattle

Quote:
Plasm wasn't made by Valiant. Once Jim Shooter was fired from Valiant he started that company and Plasm was the first books released in that card form with binder. It also featured the original artist of Harbinger Dave Lapham.

But it wasn't published by Valiant.

-Brian
Warriors of Plasma was published by Defiant Comics which was the company Shooter started after Valiant. It was an enjoyable book but Defiant didn't last long at all. Now that the new Valiant has emerged and is doing quite well (many people felt this new Valiant would not make it) with their books selling out and more new readers jumping on board, I would love to see Shooter return to them to write some new books.
K5
Old 11-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #45

Jun 2010
Not of This Earth

Defiant (Broadway Video) pumped out some quality Shooter stuff. I personally loved "Dark Dominion". Plasm (not "plasma") was great too.
"Every beast ought to lick his own wounds."
Old 11-08-2012, 11:58 PM   #46

Jun 2010
Not of This Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxbfly View Post
I vaguely remember seeing that in Previews or Diamond or does previews solicit for Diamond. I know there were two mags that you ordered from but then Diamond went and brought everything LOL.
Yes, Warriors of Plasm "0" was released in the Diamond "Previews" (monthly order book) in addition to the trading card set. I still have copies of this.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:04 AM   #47

Jun 2010
Not of This Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
I wonder how many people here remember the original Valiant promotional beer that they produced? It was a special VERY limited giveaway that wasn't sold in stores, etc, but was sent to retailers as a gift, one bottle per store. They made two different types, which were actual beer with illustrated labels. One was called "Armstrong Ale" and featured Armstrong on the front of the label and the other was called "Darque Brew" named after the character Master Darque. At the time I worked in the comic industry distribution end and received a bottle of each, but many years ago I sold them, as I had no idea they would be so sought after today. Here is a good article with some photos I found on the net:

http://allthingsvaliant.blogspot.com...trong-ale.html
I received the Armstrong Ale and still have it packed away somewhere. Are these actually valuable?
Old 11-09-2012, 12:16 AM   #48

Jul 2008

Quote:
Warriors of Plasma was published by Defiant Comics which was the company Shooter started after Valiant. It was an enjoyable book but Defiant didn't last long at all. Now that the new Valiant has emerged and is doing quite well (many people felt this new Valiant would not make it) with their books selling out and more new readers jumping on board, I would love to see Shooter return to them to write some new books.
I think it will last awhile, quite successfully at that. The two guys who bought it were huge fans growing up and I no doubt think they will treat the characters with respect
Old 11-09-2012, 02:35 AM   #49

Dec 2010
Ceres, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bizarro View Post
I received the Armstrong Ale and still have it packed away somewhere. Are these actually valuable?
If it's complete like you say with the holiday card they shipped them with then it's about a $30-35 dollar item.

-Brian
LG BH200 SuperBlu
Toshiba HD-XA2
Old 11-09-2012, 02:47 AM   #50

Dec 2010
Ceres, California

Quote:
This will NEVER happen... the new Valiant line we see right now actually had Shooter on board for about the first year of planning. He was the EIC. They were negotiating with classic media for the publishing rights to Magnus & Solar. Something happened not sure what it was. But he took all of the progress with classic media and took it to Dark Horse. Leaving VEI out in the cold.
This set them back about a year with there publishing plans. They sued Jim for this since it was a breach of his contract with Valiant. Papers were never served however since Jim never had a real residence. That is why Dark Horse publish the Dark Key line that failed so bad a few years ago. Late books and inconsistent story telling. Horrible art also didn't help and the line just dissipated.
I feel the two Valiant owners chalked this up as an amazing lesson and the company now is BETTER from it. They have amazing personnel and there EIC is very passionate and perfect in his position. Jim has lost his touch. Unity 2000 was a horrible read even only getting three published issues. I have the scripts of the final three and the series went no place.

-Brian
LG BH200 SuperBlu
Toshiba HD-XA2
Old 11-10-2012, 12:06 AM   #51

Jun 2010
Not of This Earth

Quote:
If it's complete like you say with the holiday card they shipped them with then it's about a $30-35 dollar item.

-Brian
All I said is that I have it. I have no idea if I have a holiday card. It's been a long time since I looked at any of that stuff.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #52

Jul 2008

Quote:
This will NEVER happen... the new Valiant line we see right now actually had Shooter on board for about the first year of planning. He was the EIC. They were negotiating with classic media for the publishing rights to Magnus & Solar. Something happened not sure what it was. But he took all of the progress with classic media and took it to Dark Horse. Leaving VEI out in the cold.
This set them back about a year with there publishing plans. They sued Jim for this since it was a breach of his contract with Valiant. Papers were never served however since Jim never had a real residence. That is why Dark Horse publish the Dark Key line that failed so bad a few years ago. Late books and inconsistent story telling. Horrible art also didn't help and the line just dissipated.
I feel the two Valiant owners chalked this up as an amazing lesson and the company now is BETTER from it. They have amazing personnel and there EIC is very passionate and perfect in his position. Jim has lost his touch. Unity 2000 was a horrible read even only getting three published issues. I have the scripts of the final three and the series went no place.

-Brian
Shooter is a hobo??
Old 11-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #53

Dec 2010
Ceres, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
Shooter is a hobo??
Lets just say he was in between residences that the time

-Brian
LG BH200 SuperBlu
Toshiba HD-XA2
Old 11-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #54

Dec 2010
Ceres, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bizarro View Post
All I said is that I have it. I have no idea if I have a holiday card. It's been a long time since I looked at any of that stuff.
If it's in the box like they sent them you should have the holiday card also..

-Brian
LG BH200 SuperBlu
Toshiba HD-XA2
Old 11-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #55

Oct 2011
Lake Geneva, WI

i started collecting some comics when i was about 12-14 years old... right in the hayday of Valiant... all those #1 issues with embossing and "CHROME", omg i had to have every issue that had a chrome cover. off the top of my head i know i have Bloodshot 1-12 or so... Turok 1-7, bunch of random Solar and Shadowmans, Ninjak 1 and 2, probably 10 issues of X-O man-o-war... and i got all the Deathmate issues. I also got all the Chaos Effect issues. and i think soon after Chaos Effect is when Acclaim bought them out or something...

sorry there's a bunch of rambling in here. but yeah i was a big Valiant fan back in the day. Valiant and Image was all i collected when i was a kid.

now that im older i got a bunch of graphic novels and basically only have DC though. are any of the old Valiant books in collected issues?
"I've seen one eat a rocking chair one time." -- Quint
Old 11-10-2012, 03:37 AM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Raleigh, NC

I have everything from Magnus #1 though Rai #0.
Shortly after that they got rid of Shooter and I went to college.

Glad it's back though.
Tru Blu

Thank you, Blu-ray.com for the Schindler's List Giveaway!
Old 11-10-2012, 04:37 AM   #57

Dec 2010
Ceres, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreegz View Post
are any of the old Valiant books in collected issues?
They are starting this now. Just last month they released Bloodshot wich collects #0-8

Over the last 5 years VEI has released Harbinger, X-O Manowar & Archer & Armstrong in Hardcover collections. These are pretty easy to find and if you look around can find them for 40% off cover price of a HC

-Brian
LG BH200 SuperBlu
Toshiba HD-XA2
Old 11-10-2012, 04:46 AM   #58

Dec 2010
Ceres, California

If you travel to comic conventions (like SDCC) and Valiant (VEI) has an exhibitor booth, they are selling Sketch covers to there #1 issues which are great for getting artists to put a drawing or quick sketch on it.

At SDCC this year I commissioned Jim Calafiore to Sketch X-O Manowar on mine and it was worth the cost to have it done.

[Show spoiler]

-Brian
LG BH200 SuperBlu
Toshiba HD-XA2
Old 11-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #59

Jul 2008

Quote:
If you travel to comic conventions (like SDCC) and Valiant (VEI) has an exhibitor booth, they are selling Sketch covers to there #1 issues which are great for getting artists to put a drawing or quick sketch on it.

At SDCC this year I commissioned Jim Calafiore to Sketch X-O Manowar on mine and it was worth the cost to have it done.

[Show spoiler]

-Brian
WOW, that is one of the nicest sketch covers I have ever seen, and I have seen quite a few. I hope VEI comes over to Boston Comic Con this year, I would love to get to meet some of the heads. Ive talked to a few of them through email, but itd be nice to actually meet them.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #60

Dec 2010
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruisermoore View Post
I ordered Shadowman #1 reg. and blackout and can't wait to get it! I like the new look of the character a lot.
I picked up mine this Wednesday. The cover is a thing of beauty! The new Valiant books have been fantastic!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Comics