Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$55.95
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$13.39
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.91
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 11-09-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona
Default Black friday TV advice

ok guys, I'm looking for a bedroom TV so the wife can game (I prefer her to stay away from our Plasma in the living room since the Panny 2012 plasma's have such nasty IR issues) and was wondering if there were any TV's from the black friday ads that looked like solid TV's. I know I want a nice solid brand and not some POS brand like Insignia, vizio or Emerson, but I'm not sure on the LED/LCD side since I've been a plasma boy for so long.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
ok guys, I'm looking for a bedroom TV so the wife can game (I prefer her to stay away from our Plasma in the living room since the Panny 2012 plasma's have such nasty IR issues) and was wondering if there were any TV's from the black friday ads that looked like solid TV's. I know I want a nice solid brand and not some POS brand like Insignia, vizio or Emerson, but I'm not sure on the LED/LCD side since I've been a plasma boy for so long.

Its gonna really be hard to tell what tv's are gonna be included in the Black Friday craze. Wait until the week of Thanksgiving then you might see what the stores will be having but I am sure theres going to be some killer deals on the top name brands. On Black Friday there always is.
Sony Bravia KDL-55W900A LED/3D TV.
Sony BDP S6200 3D Blu ray Player.
Sony 5.2-Channel 4K A/V HD Receiver - STRDH540.
Center Channel Speaker: Tivoli Signature Series.
Tower Speakers: Sony SS-MF315's.
Surrounds: Pioneer Satellite Speakers.
Subwoofer: Pioneer.
Xfinity HD.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:08 AM   #3

Jun 2007

Amazon usually matches every deal and then some. But honestly I'm thinking LG and Sharp are going to be the sweet spots for good quality LED deals. Peraonally I'm thinking about another Panasonic plasma for the bedroom. If the deals are crazy enough to grab me like last year ill take the plunge once again.
Living Room:Panasonic TC-P65VT60, ONKYO TX-NR727, Polk TSI300(Fronts), TSI100(Rears), CS10(Center), Outlaw LFM-1Plus(Sub), OPPO BDP-103
Bed Room: TC-P55GT50, Denon 1913, Onkyo SKS-HT870
Blu-Ray: 900
Old 11-13-2012, 06:18 AM   #4
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Pennsylvania, USA
Send a message via Skype™ to ImStylinOnYaBro

i have been looking for the 8000 models of the samsung led or plasma..haven't seen any deals on them..but some that caught my eye were a panasonic 55" for 899 at best buy and a 70 inch sharp led at walmart for 1.3k$ i think . other than that its just a ton of shitty insignias and toshibas for like 150
TV: Panasonic TC-P60GT50
Sound System: Standard TV speakers
BD Player: 80GB PS3 & Orei BDP-M2 Multi Region BD Player
BD Steelbooks: 33
Steelbook Wishlist: Point Break(zavvi)
Digibook Wishlist: Driving Miss Daisy, North By Northwest, The Green Mile, Full Metal Jacket, The Big Lebowski
Old 11-13-2012, 06:21 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

What size are you considering and does it need to be a name brand? When we first got started we picked up a 47" Vizio LCD/LED(?) for our bedroom at Costco a couple of years ago. While we are very happy with it, I wouldn't mind getting one of the newer ones that has the apps and wireless set up and putting this one in a spare room.
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?
Old 11-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

My neighbor bought a passive 3d led from Panasonic and its amazing.

I believe it was the first (maybe only) passive set from Panasonic.

I have only active 3D and I know all about the half Rez you get from passive but passive has a ton of good aspects. The glasses I kept from theater 3d movies work. All the glasses are light, cheap, and trouble-free. There's no shutter giving your eyes a workout.

And,... There a model that's identical to the one she bought with a slightly different number that only sells online for typically $400 less!!!

(She wasn't too bothered by that. I would have taken right back and re-ordered)

I tend to be a Sony guy but this tv my neighbor bought was great, it was 42"... I could likely look it up.

Point being , in your shoes, I think I would look for a passive led. No burn in worries for gaming and no fatigue from the 3D.
Blu Rays are Forever
Old 11-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #7

Nov 2009
Cascadia

40" Samsung- Best Buy $179.00
Doors open at Midnight.............
Best Deal out there, might have to miss having turkey day though.
To wait in line....
Old 11-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #8
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymagicman View Post
To wait in line....
^^^^^this

i have a 32" samsung lcd in the living room that i game on and i haven't had any complaints.

of course you could always tell her there's another joystick she can play with while in the bedroom!!
Blu-Benny’s 7.2 HT @ a Glance:
Display: Panasonic TC-P50U2 • Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR818 • Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD65 • Gaming: PS3 Slim 160 gb • Center Channel: JBL LC2 • Fronts: JBL L890 • Mid’s & Rears: JBL L810 • Subs: SVS SB-2000

"Losers always whine about their best......winners go home and f**k the prom queen!!"
Old 11-13-2012, 11:24 PM   #9
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymagicman View Post
To wait in line....
40" sammy for $179??? in the ads it showing it as a 40 inch TOSHIBA.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #10
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
What size are you considering and does it need to be a name brand? When we first got started we picked up a 47" Vizio LCD/LED(?) for our bedroom at Costco a couple of years ago. While we are very happy with it, I wouldn't mind getting one of the newer ones that has the apps and wireless set up and putting this one in a spare room.
features wise I don't really care. I just want a 40 - 50 inch LED/LCD so my wife and I can game in the bedroom without causing more IR on the plasma out in the living room. probable no more than $400 at most if I can help it. (heck I paid $599 for my 50 inch Panny plasma at costco a few months ago so $400 or less for BF shouldn't be unheard of).

my real concern is getting a quality tv that won't die on me and puts out a good picture, nothing more feature wise is necessary
Old 11-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStylinOnYaBro View Post
i have been looking for the 8000 models of the samsung led or plasma..haven't seen any deals on them..but some that caught my eye were a panasonic 55" for 899 at best buy and a 70 inch sharp led at walmart for 1.3k$ i think . other than that its just a ton of shitty insignias and toshibas for like 150
IIRC Walmart has the Sharp 70" for $1799. If they had it for $1300 Id camp out starting on Monday for it LOL
Old 11-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #12
Expert Member

Oct 2011
ontario, california

Quote:
I just upgraded,

Had 46 sammy led smart
Got 60 sammy plasma-returned it
Ended up with 55 sammy led, 3D
$1098 before tax, got big bang seasons 4 & 5 for free too! ( actually receipt says $.01each)

Waiting for this sucka to drop in price sometime from ow til after new year for price match! Plus I used 3x rz points so that's another $65 in rz certificates. Major score.

I guess point is buy what you want, you only live once.

Oh yeah, toshiba 50" lcd for $399 I think at BB. Might be doorbuster tho

Thanks for advise the other day worm. I'm so much more happier than before with the plasma.
/b/
Old 11-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

Quote:
features wise I don't really care. I just want a 40 - 50 inch LED/LCD so my wife and I can game in the bedroom without causing more IR on the plasma out in the living room. probable no more than $400 at most if I can help it. (heck I paid $599 for my 50 inch Panny plasma at costco a few months ago so $400 or less for BF shouldn't be unheard of).

my real concern is getting a quality tv that won't die on me and puts out a good picture, nothing more feature wise is necessary
Than I would go with a Vizio. I know I'm going against the grain here, but I've had no issues with mine(47") and my wife actually prefers its picture over our 55" LG's in the living room. Of course, once we finish our home improvements I'll probably get a 70" Sharp or 65" Panasonic Plasma for the family room. Good luck. I'm sure whatever you pick you'll be happy.
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?
Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #14
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Wherever I may roam....

See my response to your comment in the other thread regarding manufacturer quality. For a non-main set, I'd go with Vizio. The cost:quality ratio is quite good. I bought a basic Vizio LCD for our bedroom a couple months ago, and the picture quality is surprisingly good. Is it better than my plasmas? Nope, but quite good nonetheless.

I would, however, stay far away from Westinghouse, Insignia, Emerson, etc.
Genius has its limits, however there is no limit on stupidity.
PSN: ricshoe64

Panasonic 60GT30 | Pioneer VSX-33 | Panasonic DMP-BD110 | Emotiva XPA-3
APC H15 | XBox 360 | Sony PS4
Axiom M80's & VP-180 | Carver Cinema 5.1 surrounds | BIC Accoustech H100

My A/V cabinet build / DIY thread
Old 11-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #15
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Utah

Vizio has gotten much better as time has progressed. For the money, they are good TV's. Granted, with a choice I would go with a Sony first.
Blind Buy Count: 213
PSN ID: cvm0305

Sometimes we hear of people who are “very” honest, “mostly” honest, or even “a little” honest.
Should we even use modifiers with the word honest? I don’t believe so. There are no degrees of honesty. Either we are honest or we aren't.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #16
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.

I have the 40" LCD Toshiba that's in the Best Buy ad for $179 and I would recommend it as a quality bedroom/gaming tv. I have had mine for about 10 months now and haven't had any issues at all. I paid 399 I believe and I am still happy with that price. Mine will soon be moving to the bedroom as well since I am hoping to score a 55" or bigger Panny or Sammy Plasma very soon (c'mon Amazon!).
WANTS: Blufans steelbooks: Let The Bullets Fly, Star Trek: ID Type A slip (Spock).
Have for trade: Blufans SB: Pacific Rim, Wall-E Lenti or reg. slip, Up Lenti slip Kimchi SB: Rush Lenti, Pianist Lenti, Memento Lenti or Full Slip Zaavi SB: V for Vendetta, Indy steels, Army of Darkness, Evil Dead 2 Others: Halloween 15-disc set, OOP Kubrick 10 Disc Collection, TWD S2 Zombie Head, SDCC Alien Anthology Egg set, SF Pumpkinhead w/mint slip, more.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs