Best Blu-ray Deals
Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals |
|11-09-2012, 12:18 AM||#61|
Made in the USA
My favorites of 2012:
Copywrite - God Save The King
Chino XL - Ricanstruction
Madchild - Dope Sick
Prevail - Spasefase
La Coka Nostra - Masters Of The Dark Arts
Vinnie Paz - God Of The Serengeti
Apathy - Fire Walk With Me (Alien Tongue was pretty good too)
|11-09-2012, 03:26 AM||#62|
Nas - Life Is Good
Jessie Ware - Devotion
Ab-Soul - Control System
Killer Mike - R.A.P. Music
El-P - Cancer 4 Cure
Usher - Looking 4 Myself
Miguel - Kaleidoscope Dream
Lana Del Rey - Born To Die
Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel...
Schoolboy Q - Habits & Contradictions
Frank Ocean - Channel ORANGE
Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid, M.a.a.d. City
Robert Glasper - Black Radio
The Weeknd - Trilogy
Does it kill you to use a question mark when asking a question? -- O V N
|12-06-2012, 03:42 AM||#64|
Basically, the story goes some kids in Australia decided to perfom a Sťance and summon the spirit of John Lennon. When they did, they tricked the spirit into possessing one of the boys' bodies and promised the spirit of John Lennon he'd be released after he helped them save rock and roll by making some new music because most rock music these days sucks. So, the spirit of Lennon agreed to help these Aussies save Rock and Roll. The result, Tame Impala.
Tame Impala: Lonerism
Okay... show me.
|12-07-2012, 01:18 AM||#66|
Here is my number 1(A):
1. Rise With Me
2. Blood - This song grabbed my attention immediately and introduced me to this band.
3. Adrenalize - Kinda hedonistic. Basically about "wanting it"
4. Wh*r* - One of the best on this album. Maria Brinks used to be a stripper, so this one seems a bit auto-biographical.
5. You're Gonna' Listen
6. It Is Written - Cool interlude
8. Scarlet - Another of my favs. The opening guitar is good and I crank this one LOUD!
10. From The Ashes - This one sounds like Jim Steinman produced it and could've come straight off of Bat Out Of Hell. Good song!
11. Beast Within - Sounds like a dance floor or a strip club. Sexual sounding.
13. The Blood Legion - Awesome "atmospheric sounding" song and would've been a great end to this Album except for...
14. 11:11 - A very good ending.
I caught "Blood" on Octane last summer and it grabbed me right away. My Step-Son later played "Wh*r*" and I was hooked.
I LOVE Maria's voice. She sings, purrs and shrieks and combined with her Bands' instruments, it all gels very nicely.
I don't know anything at all about this Band but I know what I like, and this is definitely something I like!
Last edited by Scarriere; 12-08-2012 at 03:33 AM. Reason: adding to it
|12-08-2012, 11:27 AM||#69|
My list is a mix of releases made or re-released this year...
Grateful Dead - Winterland May 30th 1971
Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson – TAAB2
Belzebong - Sonic Scapes & Weedy Grooves ( the vinyl was reissued this year)
Paul & Linda McCartney - Ram - Mono reissue
Devo - New Traditionalists - Live 1981 Seattle
Brian Eno - Lux
Rush - Clockwork Angels
Jack White - Blunderbuss
How To Destroy Angels - An Omen EP_
|12-09-2012, 01:50 AM||#72|
I can't help it, she's awesome! I'm gonna edit-in some thoughts on her album within the next day or so. It is really good and you should check it out.
Have a gooder Bro!
|12-09-2012, 12:38 PM||#73|
|12-17-2012, 06:57 PM||#74|
My 2012 (Pretty much a lock for my best-of)
1) Bruno Mars - The Unorthodox Jukebox
2) Green Day - Uno!
3) Neon Trees - Picture Show
4) The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten
5) Adam Barnes - Blisters ( Technically an EP but whatever )
6) Mumford & Sons - Babel
7) Frank Ocean - Channel Ocean
8) All Time Low - Don't Panic!
9) The Sheepdogs - The Sheepdogs
10) The Shins - Port of Morrow
11) Jack White - Blunderbuss
12) Guy Sebastian - Armageddon
13) The Fray - Scars & Stories
14) John Mayer - Born & Raised
15) Train - California 37
16) Matchbox Twenty - North
17) Cloud Nothings - Attack On Memory
18) The Vaccines - Come of Age
19) The Killers - Battle Born
20) Bloc Party - Four
It was almost impossible for me to even cut my list down to 20! Seriously a great year for music. Probably could have added another ten albums to that list
Read comics! Watch Movies! Experience Music!
Pop-Punk will never die!!!
Last edited by dvd_mazter; 12-17-2012 at 06:59 PM.
|12-19-2012, 08:13 PM||#75|
Scott Walker - Bish Bosch
Swans - The Seer
Fiona Apple - Idler Wheel
Deftones - Koi no Yokan
Dead Can Dance - Anastasis
Neil Young - Psychedelic Pill
Anathema - Weather Systems
Rush - Clockwork Angels
Bob Dylan - Tempest
Testament - Dark Roots Of Earth
Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid MAAD City
|12-26-2012, 02:42 PM||#76|
My 2012 albums, in order of preference.
1. Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles III
2. DIIV - Oshin
3. Mode Moderne - Strange Bruises EP
4. School of Seven Bells - Ghostory
5. Chromatics - Kill for Love
6. A Place To Bury Strangers - Worship
7. The Raveonettes - Observator
8. Beach House - Bloom
9. Bob Mould - Silver Age
|12-27-2012, 05:37 PM||#78|
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
|12-30-2012, 01:54 AM||#79|
Only a couple days left to get my final 2012 thoughts in.
I bought the new Deftones album a while ago and haven't listened to it for whatever reason. Because I've seen it listed here more than once, I've been listening a couple times a day over the last few days. And boy, is it ever Fricken Good! I have heard some of their older songs on Octane ocasionally and liked them, but never bought an album. Koi No Yokan is an excellent introduction to a Deftones album! I have definitely been missing out by not checking out their music and that better (and will) change. This Album has jumped into my top three for the year.
So far my list goes something like this:
#1 Blood - In This Moment
#2 The Truth About Love - Pink
#3 Koi No Yokan - Deftones
#4 Dogs Eating Dogs - Blink 182
I've bought albums by Artists I have liked in the past but their latest efforts haven't impressed me. The Papa Roach, Linkin Park and Three Days Grace albums were disappoinments for me. I absolutely loved their past stuff and they are stellar in concert, but I think my time with them is over. I hope not, but...
There is more but I'll leave it for now and edit or add before Jan 1st.
I still haven't got Green Days album(s) yet and also haven't listened to Stone Sour's latest enough to form an opinion.
Last edited by Scarriere; 12-31-2012 at 02:10 AM. Reason: added to it
|12-30-2012, 02:50 AM||#80|
in no special order
David Byrne/St. Vincent - Love This Giant
Mumford And Sons - Babel
Alt-J - An Awesome Wave
Django Django - Django Django
Bob Dylan - Tempest
Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel
Lumineers - Lumineers
Muse - The 2nd Law
Of Monsters And Men - My Head Is An Animal
a lot of other great records too