COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Cannibal Holocaust (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Fantasista Doll: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.25
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Lake Placid (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Heaven's Lost Property Forte: Anime Classics Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Justified: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.24
The Party (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Great Gatsby (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Old 09-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
rgrudinski rgrudinski is offline
Member
 
rgrudinski's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
1108
173
13
Send a message via AIM to rgrudinski
Default 3D Glasses Quality/Performance/Price?

I just recently bought my first 3D Blu-Ray (The Avengers) because it was the same price as the regular one, so I said "why not?" Now, I have a 55'' Panasonic 3D Capable TV as well as a PS3 for my BD player.... I am wondering what people would recommend for glasses for a VERY casual 3D viewer (I'll probably watch Avengers 3D ONCE with my fiance, and then probably not again for a LONG time, if at all.) As for other 3D movies, I MAY get them in the future, but not certain...

Now, I've seen amazon's listings for 3D glasses for a Panasonic TV, and there are some as cheap as $18 and some as expensive as $100... I would MUCH rather get the cheap ones because of the infrequency of use, however, If the quality is absolute crap, I'd rather not, and opt for slightly more expensive ones so that at least I can enjoy the few 3D movies I DO watch to the fullest of their capabilities.

Please help a novice with some quick info. Thanks in advance!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #2
Villiam Hayes Villiam Hayes is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Villiam Hayes's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Northern Ireland
15
433
9
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrudinski View Post
I just recently bought my first 3D Blu-Ray (The Avengers) because it was the same price as the regular one, so I said "why not?" Now, I have a 55'' Panasonic 3D Capable TV as well as a PS3 for my BD player.... I am wondering what people would recommend for glasses for a VERY casual 3D viewer (I'll probably watch Avengers 3D ONCE with my fiance, and then probably not again for a LONG time, if at all.) As for other 3D movies, I MAY get them in the future, but not certain...

Now, I've seen amazon's listings for 3D glasses for a Panasonic TV, and there are some as cheap as $18 and some as expensive as $100... I would MUCH rather get the cheap ones because of the infrequency of use, however, If the quality is absolute crap, I'd rather not, and opt for slightly more expensive ones so that at least I can enjoy the few 3D movies I DO watch to the fullest of their capabilities.

Please help a novice with some quick info. Thanks in advance!
Do you know if your TV accepts active or passive glasses?
Film=Priority,Packaging=Not really bothered.

I spent a lot of money on booze,bird's and fast cars.
The rest I just squandered...............George Best.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:09 AM   #3
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villiam Hayes View Post
Do you know if your TV accepts active or passive glasses?
Panasonic has Active 3D. So far as of 2012 anyway. On the other hand, Vizio, LG offer passive 3D.

Sony's "universal" 3D glasses I'd look into. They work not only with sony, but other 3DTV active sets and work just as well as the expensive ones.

But if I could find a working pair for under 20 bucks, even better. The 3D should work the same if they're worthy glasses.

Of course for those who own a passive 3DTV (theater 3D), you can use the same cheap 3D glasses you got from the 3D movie theater.

Last edited by Zivouhr; 09-27-2012 at 04:11 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #4
Cevolution Cevolution is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Cevolution's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia
82
1416
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Panasonic has Active 3D. So far as of 2012 anyway. On the other hand, Vizio, LG offer passive 3D.
Panasonic have both active and passive models available .
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avr/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (region free), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One & 360 250gb s, Sony PS4 & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge suppressor/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony 1100i remote
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
keb33509 keb33509 is offline
Special Member
 
keb33509's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
443
31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevolution View Post
Panasonic have both active and passive models available .
That is correct! Man, your pic makes me think back.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
timcat4843 timcat4843 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
timcat4843's Avatar
 
May 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
237
4
Default

I just got the Sony Titanium 3D Active Glasses and they are great!

They are so lightweight, that it feels like your not wearing any glasses at all!
No eye strain or headaches.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #7
i007spectre i007spectre is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Aug 2012
Kansas
20
241
1
Default

I use the MonsterVision Max glasses.
Epson 5010 on VAPEX9120
Sony BDP-S580
Sony PS3 and PS4
DirecTV HR24
Yamaha RX-V567
Front: Yamaha NS-C444 and NS-777
Surrounds: Side - Sony SS-F5000 / Rear - Some cheap Yamaha's
Subwoofer: Yamaha YST-SW315
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:59 AM   #8
Stillhouse Stillhouse is offline
Member
 
Stillhouse's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Deep In The South Of Texas
1
122
Default

I just picked up a pair of Sony's PS3 3D glasses for $30 at Best Buy, and while I currently don't have a 3D Blu-ray player, I must say judging from some of the 3D content I've been able to find (legitimately) on the web they're pretty good. They tout universal compatibility with active 3D TV with IR emitters.
Panny P42ST30 DMP-BD75 Onkyo TX-NR509 Yamaha NS-A636 CV E-75c Sony SS-MB105

Last edited by Stillhouse; 11-08-2012 at 03:02 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #9
OrbitalDropPodTroop OrbitalDropPodTroop is offline
Active Member
 
OrbitalDropPodTroop's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Think Oranges
89
376
Default

I've been watching 3/D Movies on my PS3 for quite some time now, It plays my 3/D Blu-Rays awesomely, I just had to download an app for free on PSN. You really don't need to buy a 3/D Blu-Ray Player, but I'm guessing you want a dedicated Player...But I find my PS3 to be an adequate 3/D Player myself.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #10
sookymonster sookymonster is offline
Expert Member
 
sookymonster's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalDropPodTroop View Post
I've been watching 3/D Movies on my PS3 for quite some time now, It plays my 3/D Blu-Rays awesomely, I just had to download an app for free on PSN. You really don't need to buy a 3/D Blu-Ray Player, but I'm guessing you want a dedicated Player...But I find my PS3 to be an adequate 3/D Player myself.
What app are you talking about?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:56 PM   #11
OrbitalDropPodTroop OrbitalDropPodTroop is offline
Active Member
 
OrbitalDropPodTroop's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Think Oranges
89
376
Default

Sorry for the late reply, Maybe app is the wrong word...it was...I dunno, something I downloaded off of PSN that enabled my PS3 to play 3D films...I thought this was pretty much common knowledge now? In any case I was talking about buying a 3D Blu Ray Player since I had just bought a 3DTV on another Forum, and a friend told me if I have a PS3, I don't need to buy a 3D Player if I want to watch 3D Movies on my 3DTV if I own a PS3, just go to PSN and look for the instructions on how to enable my PS3 to play 3D Films...
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Technology, News and General Discussion

Tags
3dtv, avengers, help wanted, panasonic

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:41 AM.