COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$54.96
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Pain & Gain (Blu-ray)
$10.12
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Destroy All Monsters (Blu-ray)
$12.74
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
D-Day Remembered (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Baltimore Ravens: Road to XLVII (Blu-ray)
$20.08
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #401
Sad Beautiful Tragic Sad Beautiful Tragic is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Sad Beautiful Tragic's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
1442
500
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
Do you know how long it is? Guessing a hr
Yeah, only an hour. Its on from 6 to 7 and then again from 11 to 12.
BIG Pittsburgh Penguins and Chloe Grace Moretz fan!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #402
TheApprentice TheApprentice is offline
Active Member
 
TheApprentice's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Canada
146
Default

I hope it's capped so I can see online. No VH1 where I am.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #403
Nightshade Nightshade is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Nightshade's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Atlantis
1
43
14
27
71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Beautiful Tragic View Post
Yeah, only an hour. Its on from 6 to 7 and then again from 11 to 12.
Thank you btw. Im watching it now and ill just be late for my work meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheApprentice View Post
I hope it's capped so I can see online. No VH1 where I am.
That stinks im sure it will be put up somewhere!
My gear
55' 3D-Vizio M551d-A2R
46' APEX LD4688T
Xbox One /Xbox 360/Ps3
I Love Taylor Swift :)

R.I.P Caleb Moore 1/31/13
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #404
Sad Beautiful Tragic Sad Beautiful Tragic is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Sad Beautiful Tragic's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
1442
500
1
Default

The Storytellers special was amazing! These are the songs that aired on the VH1 broadcast:

1. You Belong With Me
2. Red
3. Ours
4. Mean
5. Our Song
6. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
7. Love Story

Apparently she performed Eyes Open and Begin Again as well, but those didn't air on the VH1 broadcast. Hopefully there will be a Blu-ray release of this and will include Eyes Open and Begin Again as special features.

BIG Pittsburgh Penguins and Chloe Grace Moretz fan!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #405
sharpshooter720 sharpshooter720 is offline
Active Member
 
Sep 2011
Default 8 Hours with Taylor Swift

Has anyone seen anything about this photo book that is being released today?

I've read that it is a Sony Store Exclusive and that you need to buy a camera in order to get it, but nothing has been confirmed. I see that they are also auctioning off 10 signed copies on eBay.

I was wondering if any of you know how to get a hold of this or if there was any other way to get it besides buying a $600 camera or bidding against hundreds of people on eBay???
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #406
ShellOilJunior ShellOilJunior is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ShellOilJunior's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Here, There and Everywhere
3
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpshooter720 View Post
Has anyone seen anything about this photo book that is being released today?

I've read that it is a Sony Store Exclusive and that you need to buy a camera in order to get it, but nothing has been confirmed. I see that they are also auctioning off 10 signed copies on eBay.

I was wondering if any of you know how to get a hold of this or if there was any other way to get it besides buying a $600 camera or bidding against hundreds of people on eBay???
Do you have a link for the eBay auctions? I can't seem to find one.
Barnes & Noble has Criterion Collection 50% Off Sales Each November and July
Next Sale: November 2014 (Exact dates TBA)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #407
sharpshooter720 sharpshooter720 is offline
Active Member
 
Sep 2011
Default

I don't see it on eBay yet either... I just found a local Sony Store and the guy said they come bundled with new cameras and the cheapest model that came with the book was like $400!!

I don't mind spending some money on this book, but that is a little steep! What to do, what to do???

Any ideas would be appreciated!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #408
ShellOilJunior ShellOilJunior is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ShellOilJunior's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Here, There and Everywhere
3
1
Default

I may have to trade my ultra-rare Third Man Blu for this one.
Barnes & Noble has Criterion Collection 50% Off Sales Each November and July
Next Sale: November 2014 (Exact dates TBA)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #409
sharpshooter720 sharpshooter720 is offline
Active Member
 
Sep 2011
Default

So frustrating... I've always wanted a Taylor photography book along these lines as far as the quality is concerned and they have to make it so hard to get. What a waste!! I wonder what the going rate will be on these once they hit eBay and such.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #410
Sad Beautiful Tragic Sad Beautiful Tragic is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Sad Beautiful Tragic's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
1442
500
1
Default

I'm hoping to get tickets for her tour tomorrow. I checked the prices and they're actually about the same as they were the last time she was here. The internet presale for the show at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh starts tomorrow morning at 10am. I got an email today with the code I have to use to get the tickets.
BIG Pittsburgh Penguins and Chloe Grace Moretz fan!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #411
TheApprentice TheApprentice is offline
Active Member
 
TheApprentice's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Canada
146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpshooter720 View Post
So frustrating... I've always wanted a Taylor photography book along these lines as far as the quality is concerned and they have to make it so hard to get. What a waste!! I wonder what the going rate will be on these once they hit eBay and such.
I totally hear you.
Taylor Swift is a model of stunning beauty. When I heard about the photo book I was so happy until I read how they're gonna distribute it.
That's so dumb especially since it's Taylor and the legions of fans that she has that would love something like this to add to their collections.
If anything it could possibly a timed exclusive with Sony for the first few months.

WHY I say this is because, Nigel Barker had posted an article (or tweet? can't remember) that stated that the book will be out in Early 2013.
A day or two after, the press revealed the November 12th release date with Sony.
So if anything, I really think it's a timed exclusive thing and this will show up at book stores next year.

Of course I'm not 100% certain, but it was just my observation.

Here's some gorgeous shots from the photoshoot though:



Also did you guys catch Taylor at the EMA's?
Her performance was amazingly top notch stuff. High production values and Taylor did amazing despite being sick.


As for concert tickets, I've not been this stressed in a LONG time.
Presale for me tomorrow. So unbelievably nervous.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #412
ShellOilJunior ShellOilJunior is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ShellOilJunior's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Here, There and Everywhere
3
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheApprentice View Post
I totally hear you.
Taylor Swift is a model of stunning beauty. When I heard about the photo book I was so happy until I read how they're gonna distribute it.
That's so dumb especially since it's Taylor and the legions of fans that she has that would love something like this to add to their collections.
If anything it could possibly a timed exclusive with Sony for the first few months.

WHY I say this is because, Nigel Barker had posted an article (or tweet? can't remember) that stated that the book will be out in Early 2013.
A day or two after, the press revealed the November 12th release date with Sony.
So if anything, I really think it's a timed exclusive thing and this will show up at book stores next year.

Of course I'm not 100% certain, but it was just my observation.

Here's some gorgeous shots from the photoshoot though:



Also did you guys catch Taylor at the EMA's?
Her performance was amazingly top notch stuff. High production values and Taylor did amazing despite being sick.


As for concert tickets, I've not been this stressed in a LONG time.
Presale for me tomorrow. So unbelievably nervous.
Haha - I knew you'd come through! I'm worried about the pre-sale (though they haven't announced when yet for Cleveland). I'm worried because I know there are brokers that somehow someway usually get to the very best seats even before those of us from TS.com.

It's going to be stressful because I really want floor seats again. After being row 1 at the Speak Now tour it's REALLY hard to get anything further back.
Barnes & Noble has Criterion Collection 50% Off Sales Each November and July
Next Sale: November 2014 (Exact dates TBA)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #413
Nightshade Nightshade is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Nightshade's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Atlantis
1
43
14
27
71
Default

I got a email for Columbus and Detroit. I wanted Detroit more but I signed up for both a few weeks ago. Fingers crossed. 15 Ishmael minutes to go! I'm debating if I want to spend a lot again this year or not.
My gear
55' 3D-Vizio M551d-A2R
46' APEX LD4688T
Xbox One /Xbox 360/Ps3
I Love Taylor Swift :)

R.I.P Caleb Moore 1/31/13
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #414
Sad Beautiful Tragic Sad Beautiful Tragic is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Sad Beautiful Tragic's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
1442
500
1
Default

Well, I managed to get tickets to see Taylor. I'm in section 136, row N. What's funny is that I'm on the opposite side of where I was the last time I saw her. I was in section 108 the last time.

BIG Pittsburgh Penguins and Chloe Grace Moretz fan!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #415
remake remake is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2011
42
160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Beautiful Tragic View Post
Well, I managed to get tickets to see Taylor. I'm in section 136, row N. What's funny is that I'm on the opposite side of where I was the last time I saw her. I was in section 108 the last time.

How much were the tickets, when is it, and how fast do the front row usually sell out?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #416
Nightshade Nightshade is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Nightshade's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Atlantis
1
43
14
27
71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Beautiful Tragic View Post
Well, I managed to get tickets to see Taylor. I'm in section 136, row N. What's funny is that I'm on the opposite side of where I was the last time I saw her. I was in section 108 the last time.
]
Glad you were able to get some. i am still playing around on the site. I was wanting floor seats but have been unable to get them all morning. Still debating on what im going to do. Looked at stub hub and over 2,000 tickets are listed... Hope people get stuck with them

Prices on ticket master for detroit are (front row vip $389 )$116 -$84-$50
My gear
55' 3D-Vizio M551d-A2R
46' APEX LD4688T
Xbox One /Xbox 360/Ps3
I Love Taylor Swift :)

R.I.P Caleb Moore 1/31/13

Last edited by Nightshade; 11-13-2012 at 03:34 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #417
starman15317 starman15317 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
starman15317's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Pittsburgh
208
93
23
Default

My sister is planning on going to the Pittsburgh show. As for the album, I've heard most of it. Some songs aren't bad. Some are horrible. I'm not a fan but she's not bad.
Films and movies are two different things.

My Blu-Ray wishlist
My small LaserDisc collection
My Criterion
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #418
Nightshade Nightshade is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Nightshade's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Atlantis
1
43
14
27
71
Default

Finally i got my ticket!!! Total was $120

I am in section G row 26
I will be right next to her if she has a second stage this year.
My gear
55' 3D-Vizio M551d-A2R
46' APEX LD4688T
Xbox One /Xbox 360/Ps3
I Love Taylor Swift :)

R.I.P Caleb Moore 1/31/13
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #419
ShellOilJunior ShellOilJunior is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ShellOilJunior's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Here, There and Everywhere
3
1
Default

The problem is those floor seats are often gone before the pre-sale it seems.

I've heard that if the pre-sale is 10am to NOT refresh the TM page repeatedly before 10am as it will lock you out (and you'll lose position).
Barnes & Noble has Criterion Collection 50% Off Sales Each November and July
Next Sale: November 2014 (Exact dates TBA)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #420
Sad Beautiful Tragic Sad Beautiful Tragic is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Sad Beautiful Tragic's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
1442
500
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
How much were the tickets, when is it, and how fast do the front row usually sell out?
For the section I got, it was actually more than I thought it would be. The ticket itself was $99.50, but then Ticketmaster hits you with all those stupid extra fees, actually making the ticket $116.65. Last year when I saw Taylor, I paid about $80 to sit in section 108. This will probably be the last time I see her. It's getting so damn expensive to see her. I remember only paying about $45-$50 to see her during the Fearless tour. Sadly, that price has now doubled. They did have cheaper tickets, but they were the ones all the way up top and those seats are no fun.

The show is on Saturday, July 6th, 2013 at Heinz Field. I'm not sure how fast the front row sold out. I wasn't looking to get front row. I just wanted to make sure I got decent seats.
BIG Pittsburgh Penguins and Chloe Grace Moretz fan!

Last edited by Sad Beautiful Tragic; 11-13-2012 at 08:29 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43 PM.