Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Liar Liar (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Robots / Horton Hears a Who / Rio (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning / The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Intolerable Cruelty (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
History of the World: Part I (Blu-ray)
$6.16
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Olympus Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$12.70
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gambit (Blu-ray)
$21.98
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 11-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #21461
Special Member

Apr 2010
Western Australia

Been pulling monster shifts at work but unfortunately as a sub contractor it doesnt relly equate to more cash, as im on a day rate.

So finally had a chance to watch something so popped in killer joe. Great film but mainly due to mchounaheys performance. He plays a great psycho. Check him out in texas chainsaw massacre the next generation.

Though did notice a slight audio hiccup on my disc
[Show spoiler]when joe has dinner with dottie hes talkin to her and she says something about his eyes then it cuts straight to him saying what then to him asking her aboit her dress.the cut from him asking what to asking about the dress is very sudden almost like a skip.
anyone else have this issue or is it just the movie?

Also bought black ops 2 on xbox 360
Old 11-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #21462
Power Member

Jan 2010
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Grrrrrr !!!! Bloody useless Australia Post!!!

I had a parcel coming in from the US, that showed in the tracking on i-parcel's website as out for delivery today. Okay, fine. I sit home all morning ... no knock on the door, no sound of a delivery truck, no parcel lying out the front. At one o'clock I check the tracking again, and Australia Post's site tells me it was delivered at 12:36. I ring Australia Post, and they tell me that yes, their records say it was delivered, but they won't discuss it with me because, until I acknowledge receipt of delivery, the parcel actually belongs to Amazon, not me, and it's technically none of my business. I point out that if the parcel had been delivered, so it would be my business on their terms, I wouldn't be making a call to report it had gone astray — and they tell me it's still not their procedure to discuss it or act on it. That I have to report it to Amazon, and have them initiate a follow-up with Australia Post.

So I do a chat session with Amazon, and the rep (predictably) has no idea what to do. I have it escalated to a customer service manager, and am told that they have no procedure to chase Australia Post for the missing delivery, but they do have a procedure to replace these missing items that requires me to wait until December 14th before they'll do anything. They make sympathetic noises when I point out I paid for expedited shipping so I'd get these Christmas presents on time, and how this is now going to make their very purchase pointless ... but not sympathetic enough to do anything about it.

So, I'm sorry folks, but yet again I have to ask: is this normal? I guess I've been lucky so far not to have other deliveries go astray, but is this what happens? Does Australia Post get away with losing (misdelivering? stealing? destroying?) an expedited trackable parcel, and not have to even follow it up, with nothing to call them to account or even show on their stats? No accountability at all? That's total shite.

Gakk.
I would go postal on postal

Poor Mac! - I reckon you have an ex lady friend working for Australia Post :P
(WANT ANIME ON BLURAY. PLEASE CHECK MY OWNED LIST TO MAKE SURE I DON'T HAVE IT)

Yamaha YHT-994AU Home Theatre
Oppo BDP-93
55" LG Cinema 3D 55LW6500
Old 11-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #21463
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Grrrrrr !!!! Bloody useless Australia Post!!!

[Show spoiler]I had a parcel coming in from the US, that showed in the tracking on i-parcel's website as out for delivery today. Okay, fine. I sit home all morning ... no knock on the door, no sound of a delivery truck, no parcel lying out the front. At one o'clock I check the tracking again, and Australia Post's site tells me it was delivered at 12:36. I ring Australia Post, and they tell me that yes, their records say it was delivered, but they won't discuss it with me because, until I acknowledge receipt of delivery, the parcel actually belongs to Amazon, not me, and it's technically none of my business. I point out that if the parcel had been delivered, so it would be my business on their terms, I wouldn't be making a call to report it had gone astray — and they tell me it's still not their procedure to discuss it or act on it. That I have to report it to Amazon, and have them initiate a follow-up with Australia Post.

So I do a chat session with Amazon, and the rep (predictably) has no idea what to do. I have it escalated to a customer service manager, and am told that they have no procedure to chase Australia Post for the missing delivery, but they do have a procedure to replace these missing items that requires me to wait until December 14th before they'll do anything. They make sympathetic noises when I point out I paid for expedited shipping so I'd get these Christmas presents on time, and how this is now going to make their very purchase pointless ... but not sympathetic enough to do anything about it.

So, I'm sorry folks, but yet again I have to ask: is this normal? I guess I've been lucky so far not to have other deliveries go astray, but is this what happens? Does Australia Post get away with losing (misdelivering? stealing? destroying?) an expedited trackable parcel, and not have to even follow it up, with nothing to call them to account or even show on their stats? No accountability at all? That's total shite.

Gakk.
Hey Mac,
Nup, this has happened to me a couple of times this year. It says delivered and the parcel is nowhere to be found. The first time i rang Aus Post and politely inquired about it, the second time i was a little more firm with them, and the third i lost my sh1t and said it is not to happen again. Since then no problems, and it is always delivered before they mark it as delivered.
Just ring Aus Post and say if Amazon can get it to our shores without it being lost, how come they can lose it!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #21464

May 2009
New Zealand

Watching:

Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 1

Sweet baby jesus this looks awesome.. never thought TNG could look so good.
Help Complete a Collection! Dragon Ball Z: Cell Games - Nightmare's End (DVD) WANTED.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #21465

May 2009
New Zealand

Just got a couple of Blus in the mail;

Seven

and... The Omen Collection (US). First thing I did was put the discs in their own Amaray cases and throw that piece of shit digipack packing to the back of the shelf.. pitiful packaging for a digipack.. very cheap and nasty and the discs were held in place with a soft rubber stamp. time to make some individual covers now.
Help Complete a Collection! Dragon Ball Z: Cell Games - Nightmare's End (DVD) WANTED.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #21466

Mar 2011

Haven't been on here in awhile again just been busy with a small break to see Radiohead & Coldplay, then started a new job this week.

Had a whole heap of Blu's to come home to after my break from Amazon US & UK

Then had another two parcels arrive yesterday from Amazon US & UK plus picked up Coldplay Live in JB's 20% off sale

Spent way too much lately so need to cut down but I know Black Friday sale's are going to be too tempting next week
My Collection Album (last updated 31/12/2013)
2014 Watched List
Slips I need

Pre-ordered: The Spectacular Spider-Man: Complete Series, Labor Day, The Terminal, Veronica Mars, Dragon Ball Z: S4, Her, I Frankenstein 3D, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, The Monuments Men, Pompeii 3D, The Cat Returns, Princess Mononoke, Melancholia, Jack Ryan
Old 11-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #21467

Oct 2009
Gold Coast Queensland Australia
Send a message via Yahoo to Carcuss
Australia

Last night i watched Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Blind buy only due to the presence of Bob De Niro. Not a great Frankenstein movie by any stretch but i did enjoy it. Would love to see Warhol's Flesh For Frankenstein on Blu some time in the future.
Cheers,
Mark.
Panasonic Viera TH-L32X20A Full HDTV
Pioneer BDP 140 Blu-ray Player
Sennheiser HDR 120 II Cordless Headphones
Old 11-17-2012, 01:59 AM   #21468
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
australia

Noticed some sweet looking 3D docos got a release early and where at JB wish I'd had more money to blow as there was a fair bit I would of loved to have taken home

Bought: Fear, I Know What You Did Last Summer/I Still Know What You Did Double Pack, Polar Bears 3D

Watched: Iron Man, Posiedon, Untamed Americas Eps Deserts, Mountains (this doco is fantastic really reccomend to any doco junky like myself)
Old 11-17-2012, 02:19 AM   #21469

Aug 2010

Picked up the Dragon Ball Z Kai collection, figured I may as well considering the current state of the the Level series.

Also picked up Life's too short, and Lawrence of Arabia.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:30 AM   #21470
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Snrub View Post
Picked up the Dragon Ball Z Kai collection, figured I may as well considering the current state of the the Level series.
Same here.

Went to 2 stores, and thankfully the one on the shelf of the usual store I go to was still there.

The amaray cases inside does not have the logo plated in silver, and are difficult to close properly though. There are also specs of black dots here and there on the discs (around the edge) and on the amaray cases here and there.

Also saw the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood DVD boxset. Still livid that Madman did not release it in BD and there is no Region B alternative. It doesn't even look like the UK bothered to release the entire series, or Amazon UK simply doesn't have it.

Also noticed a 'Brave' display thingy in the backroom of JB. But I doubt they'll be putting it out until Monday.

Last edited by insomniac; 11-17-2012 at 03:40 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:07 AM   #21471
Special Member

Apr 2010
Western Australia

Bought ed wood my fav johnny depp flick

That one flew under the radar didnt even know it was out in oz. 12.80 with 20% off
Old 11-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #21472
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Watched Sleepwalkers, again. I haven't been able to get the theme out of my head all week

I have a few jb orders waiting for me to pick up, which I will get tomorrow to benefit from the 20% off sale. I'm still undecided if I'll grab some other titles from JB though, as pickings are getting slim now. There is only less than 20 local releases currently available that I still want, and most of them are priced at $25 and above at the moment, so even with 20% off the prices, it's still not great. I might just wait for better sales on the particular titles I want.
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avr/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 blu-ray player (region free), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/blu-ray recorder, Xbox One & 360 250gb s, PS4 & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli x3, Logitech Harmony 1100i remote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #21473

Sep 2009
Central Coast, NSW, Australia

A successful JB trip (for once). I restrained myself yet still walked away with a bunch of titles because I snagged some awesome deals. I paid with my JB gift cards bought through the Entertainment Book web site so I stacked the 2 for $20 and 2 for $30 deals with the 20% off sale and the gift card I got a 5% discount on.

2 for $20 titles:

With the 20% they were 2 for $16. Stacked with my 5% gift card discount they were 2 for $15.20 so $7.60 a title. Great price.

2 for $30 titles:

With the 20% they were 2 for $24. Stacked with my 5% gift card discount they were 2 for $22.80 so $11.40 a title. Been wanting to see both these films so $11.40 is a bargain and I got in at the perfect time as they're phasing the triple plays for both titles out at the moment.

And the title I'm most stoked about getting:

I have been wanting to get this forever. Missed buying it release week when there was a 20% off making it $27. Since then it's been $35-40 the entire time. It's a blind buy (though I have little doubt I'll like it) and I couldn't part with that much for the film. I've been keeping tabs on the price ever since release. JB online finally went out of stock, except if it's in your wishlist it shows the price in their database. Today it showed as $15.98.

I was planning to go to the sale today but suffice to say when I saw this I was at JB seriously quickly this morning. Snagged my mint copy for $12.78 with the 20% off. Add that to the discounted JB gift card and this puppy set me back $12.14, a slightly better price than the $39.98 it was marked at! Awesome buy!

Total with the 2fers, 20% off and my cheap discount card: $80.54 for 9 films. Very happy with that trip!
LATEST FOR SALE ITEMS:
Frozen: Collector's Edition (US BD/DVD/DC with slip) $17, Little Mermaid: Diamond Edition (US BD/DVD with slip) $15, Epic (US BD/DVD/UV) $10.
All new/sealed. Prices include shipping anywhere in Australia!

--| Sale/Trade thread - Steels & regular Blus! ...big update January 8! |--

Last edited by atexp80; 11-17-2012 at 07:41 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #21474
Power Member

Mar 2011

^^ Good pickups! I'm heading there tomorrow to grab the Hitchcock set and Friends, both for under $200 because of the 20% off!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #21475

Sep 2009
Central Coast, NSW, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
^^ Good pickups! I'm heading there tomorrow to grab the Hitchcock set and Friends, both for under $200 because of the 20% off!
I'm seriously tempted to get the Hitchcock set myself! I had it in my hands but exercised some self restraint considering the other titles I already had. I did mention to a certain someone that it would make an awesome Christmas present!
LATEST FOR SALE ITEMS:
Frozen: Collector's Edition (US BD/DVD/DC with slip) $17, Little Mermaid: Diamond Edition (US BD/DVD with slip) $15, Epic (US BD/DVD/UV) $10.
All new/sealed. Prices include shipping anywhere in Australia!

--| Sale/Trade thread - Steels & regular Blus! ...big update January 8! |--
Old 11-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #21476

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Friends doesn't come out until the 21st and the 20% off doesn't include pre-orders unfortunately
Old 11-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #21477
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Bought brand new off of eBay, my 1st DVD in many years, Night of the Living Dead (1990), to go with the altered blu version.
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avr/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 blu-ray player (region free), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/blu-ray recorder, Xbox One & 360 250gb s, PS4 & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli x3, Logitech Harmony 1100i remote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #21478
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by youwontknow View Post
Friends doesn't come out until the 21st and the 20% off doesn't include pre-orders unfortunately
Yeah, but on the opening page of the JB website it says the 16th (it says the 21st on the ad page for Friends). I'm willing to stand my ground
Old 11-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #21479

Jun 2012
QLD, Australia
Default Bought

Last edited by chcknhwk68; 07-31-2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: BD tagging
Old 11-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #21480
Special Member

May 2010
Melbourne, Aus

Bought: The Fifth Element
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia