COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49
The Slumber Party Massacre (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Cold in July (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Cat People (Blu-ray)
$16.99
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$34.33
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Hawaii Five-0: The Third Season (Blu-ray)
$26.59
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers

Old 11-17-2012, 03:49 AM   #1

Jan 2008
Southern California
Default The Official TC Sounds Subwoofers (Available Early 2013)

TC Sounds has been well known for making some of the best subwoofer drivers. They recently decided to make complete powered subwoofers. Initially, they will introduce two 15" models:

Subwoofers With Three Ports

Subwoofers With Dual Passive Radiators

TC Sounds Subwoofers:
http://tcsounds.com/new-tc-sounds-po...oofer-systems/
Quote:
At long last, fully finished subwoofers, from the pioneers of high-power, hi-fidelity woofers. By early 2013 TCSounds will at long last compete with the world’s best and most costly powered subs, offering up a trio of brutally powerful and exquisitely accurate self-powered models.

Given our latest generation 15? LMS-R woofers as starters, we’ll pair new digital RipCurl Amps™ running from 1200-2400 watts and full pro-grade DSP control for a rare and potent combo. Then consider finely crafted American cabinets with full test assembly in the USA.

Naturally you can expect trend setting features such as wireless remote control, digital room correction, and pro-grade components throughout. We’ve built for the world’s most demanding customers for years after all.

Read more about the beefy ported LMS15-V1 and elegantly sized LMS15-P1 sporting twin passive radiators next month. Pre-orders fall, 2012.

RipCurl Amplifier:
http://tcsounds.com/products-2/products-amps/
http://tcsounds.com/radical-tc-sound...ation-of-bass/

Quote:
Working hand-in-glove with audio’s best technology partners, TCSounds will launch a new family of digital amplifiers with unprecedented power and control which will turn the industry on its head. By late 2012 our RipCurl Amps™ will roll out 1250 watt plate and chassis “form-factors” incorporating iPhone WiFi remote control, large LCD matrix feature displays and full pro-grade input and outputs.

Of course there’s a plethora of new features coming, as easy to use as they are digitally precise. The newest Analog Devices™ DSP chipsets allow our engineers to design sound tools never before possible too. So at TCSounds this means we’re serving up unprecedented power, and artful application of that power. Easy to set up, smart and gutsy to the core, our RipCurl amp will deliver just what hard core music and movie fans have always wanted, and more.

Sign up for Tweets by our crew who’ll be all over the first reviews coming soon.

For legions of do-it-yourself audio designers out there we have something really special. Finally you’ll dive into the deep setup and customization of sound systems with only your USB equipped laptop. In moments you are linked to your subwoofer in a whole new way. A slick PC-based GUI (graphical user interface, see above) invites you to fine tune your amp’s DSP with no more engineering acumen than moving a few sliders on screen. Amazing stuff for power users.

What’s more, in 2013 TCSounds Pro amp platforms will stretch to a jaw-dropping 2.4kW torrent of bass. For something truly unprecedented imagine lashing one those amps to our renown 18? pro or consumer drivers. And development is well underway for enhanced Neptune™ room-correction for our upgradeable amps.

Last but not least will be the latest generation modular Texas Instruments® wireless signal transmission. All amp models are being designed to be forward compatible. Look for pre-orders to start later this year. Special prices and free feature upgrades will go to those buying early.

TC Sounds Drivers:
http://tcsounds.com/the-driver-world...-new-standard/

Epic Drivers: http://tcsounds.com/product/drivers/epic-driver/

LMS-R Drivers: http://tcsounds.com/product/drivers/lms-r-driver/

Axis Drivers: http://tcsounds.com/product/drivers/axis-driver/

Last edited by Big Daddy; 11-17-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:11 AM   #2

Dec 2011
Kentucky

Man I absolutely love the look of their drivers. Makes me so mad their Epic 12" was out of stock on PE when I was building my sub, thus the use of the Titanic MKIII (just couldn't wait for them to come back in stock). I love the MKIII but I keep wondering "what if...". Those built subs are very nice looking as expected. I'm sure they'll be quite the contenders. Off topic again, You have both an MKIII and Epic don't you BD? How would you say they compare as far as quality?
My Current Setup:
Receiver:
Onkyo TX-NR818 Amps: Crown XLS 1500 (Mains), Dayton Audio SA230 (Sub) Display: BenQ W1070 on Elite Screens Silver Frame series 84" Front L/R Speakers: Polk Audio Monitor 70's Center Speaker: Polk Audio CS2 Rear L/R Speakers: Polk Audio Monitor 30's Sub: 1 DIY 12 Inch Sealed sub Blu-Ray/Gaming/Music/TV: Custom built desktop computer
Old 11-17-2012, 05:52 AM   #3

Jan 2008
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick The Slick View Post
Man I absolutely love the look of their drivers. Makes me so mad their Epic 12" was out of stock on PE when I was building my sub, thus the use of the Titanic MKIII (just couldn't wait for them to come back in stock). I love the MKIII but I keep wondering "what if...". Those built subs are very nice looking as expected. I'm sure they'll be quite the contenders. Off topic again, You have both an MKIII and Epic don't you BD? How would you say they compare as far as quality?
it is hard to evaluate two drivers that are in two different cabinets using different amplifiers.

My Titanic driver is 15" and is in a very large ported cabinet buit by Elemental Designs before they ran into problems. The amp is a Behringer EP4000.

I have two TC Sounds 12" Epic drivers. They are both in a sealed cabinet and installed in a bipolar fashion. The amp is an upgraded vintage Carver amplifier.

I never had a chance to test the drivers against each other. I like both subwoofers. If I have to buy just one subwoofer driver, I would probably buy the 15" TC Sounds Axis driver and hire a divorce lawyer. They are significantly more expensive.
HT Room: Panasonic PT-AE8000, Epson 1080UB Proj., Mitsubishi 65" Diamond Series HD TV, Yamaha-RX-A3010 Rec., CinePro 6-Ch. Amp. (350 W/Ch, 8 Ohm), Proton D1200 Amp., Behringer EP4000 & EPX3000 Amps., Oppo BDP-83, Sony BDP-S790, Audio Technica Tuntable, Mitsubishi S-VHS, 2 Def. Tech. Super Towers w 15" subs, 1 Def. Tech. Center & 1 Martin-Logan Center, 2 Def. Tech. Surr. & 2 PSB Surr., 2 Cadence Presence, 2 Bose 901 Rears, 2 Modified HSU 12" Subs, 1 ED DIY 12" Sub, 1 ED DIY 15" Sub, Velodyne SMS-1 Subwoofer Equalizer, DirecTV HD, Monster HTS 5000 & APC H15 Power Conditioners.
Two-Channel Room: XiangSheng Tube Preamp., Carver TFM-45 Amp. (375 W/Ch), Behringer EPX4000 Amp., Onkyo CD player, Denon Turntable, Yamaha Tuner, 2 Vintage Polk RTA-15TL Speakers, 2 LCY 100 Super Tweeters, 2 DIY Folded Horn Super Towers with 15" Sub., 1 Modified AA HD-SUB12
Family Room: Mitsubishi 73" Diamond Series TV, Yamaha DSP-A3090 Rec., DirecTV HD-DVR, PS3, Zvox Speaker, 1 DIY 12" Sub.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
Power Member

Mar 2009
Far Southside Chicago (Orland Park)

Those ported subs look awesome, can't wait to see prices.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluvette View Post
Those ported subs look awesome, can't wait to see prices.
They look very similar to the SVS PB13 Ultra don't they?

I would expect that these subs will carry a hefty price premium over the SVS though. What I really want to see is a sealed version of the big 18' driver.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #6

Mar 2011
st paul,mn

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces high View Post

I would expect that these subs will carry a hefty price premium over the SVS though. What I really want to see is a sealed version of the big 18' driver.
I agree they do and I like it. The more competition the better to keep prices down.

And bigdaddy a divorce lawyer would probably be cheaper.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #7

Sep 2011
New Joisey

I posted a thread about those a few months back. They look to be quite nice.
- Jim
Old 11-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #8
Power Member

Mar 2009
Far Southside Chicago (Orland Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces high View Post

Yes, that is why I like them. I hope they come in cheaper though.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #9
Special Member

May 2011
Colorado

These are going to be pricey. If the raw drivers are $433, you can expect the subwoofers to be $1500-2000+. Those amps, if they sell them, will probably be around $400-600 also.

Although, you should use that same subwoofer driver and DIY one for $800-1000 depending on amp; or use a Dayton RSS460HO-4 18" driver and be $200 cheaper. Then again, not everyone wants to make thier own subwoofer.
Blu-ray Disc addict
XBOX ONE early adopter

Last edited by djkest; 12-18-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #10

Dec 2012

good idea,These are going to be pricey. If the raw drivers are $433, you can expect the subwoofers to be $1500-2000+,thanks
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers